Y36 Club Fair

Samantha smiled at the older girl ( @Emilia Manning ), pleased that she could join. She grabbed a sign up sheet and signed her name and anything else that was needed before she took a chocolate and bracelet. Samantha thanked and said goodbye to the older girl as she gave back the sign up sheet with a smile. She then walked away from the stall and walked around the courtyard to find any of her friends, while putting on the bracelet and eating the piece of chocolate.

Corey had been contemplating his clubs since last year. He enjoyed being part of the Brotherhood, he really did. But he also found the Wild Patch club interesting. Especially since he had the time of his life delivering roses the past two years. So this year, he decided to join the Wild Patch club and maybe he'll renew with the Brotherhood as well. Both were equally good clubs and since he had lots of time (he really didn't) and could balance well enough (he really can't), he thought that joining both wouldn't probably be so bad. And so first off, he decided to go to the Wild Patch club, which was apparently manned by an older Hufflepuff who he vaguely thinks is named @Elliot Briar . "Hey! Can I sign up?" he said grinning at the older boy as he approached.

Roxas had followed along behind Rai. Which was annoying because at least Roxas knew who the leader of the Brotherhood was, being that he was an older Hufflepuff and he'd heard the older boy talking about the club before once or twice. He rolled his eyes and elbowed his brother. "Bro, don't be so rude," he said, shaking his head. "Sorry."

@Abian Hunter

Zennon probably didn't need to be here, in fact it was probably best he go and get things together for everything else he was doing, but he probably should make something of an appearance he thought, and so he headed over to @Abian Hunter and nodded. "Let me know if you need anything, I can spare a minute or two," he said, looking over to see @Analei Louw and @Willow Cullen at the SDA. "Hi ladies," he said, smiling lightly at Analei. Talking to her had helped some, but still he wasn't one hundred percent. "I did duelling last year, is it too late to join the club now?"

Analei grinned as the boy signed his name. It was messy writing, so she couldn't quite understand it while the sheet was upside down, but once she got it back, she saw his name was @Flynn North . Analei thanked Flynn, before another girl ( @Skylar Anderson ) joined them. She grinned at her as she asked to join. "Of course you can! Here you go." She said, handing the sheet over to the girl. She was glad that there were new people interested. A member approached them and Analei grinned at her as she spoke. "Getting busier!" She laughed. "You going to be joining us again?" She asked @Artemisa Raven . The table was getting busier, but as @Zennon Baros joined, Analei smiled at him, wanting to move around the table and give him a hug, but stayed put for the time being. "Of course not." She replied, waiting for the others to finish signing up before passing it on to Zen as well.

Chloe nodded at the boy’s words as he explained to her exactly what the club included, although judging by the yearbooks and other various photo stuff on the table she could have guessed herself. Still, it never hurt to ask. And she did just get some valuable info. She pursed her lips as she considered it, it did seem like something she would do, despite the work, and she had taken photography courses at her muggle school a few years ago, not that anyone here knew about that as she never mentioned it, and at home when her mother invited everyone in the village for a meal during her school breaks. She’d always ask Chloe to take photos. She could ask her mother to owl her camera, and she already had some printed photos with her on her bedside table. "Yeah, actually, it sounds like something I would do," she heard herself say. "I’ve had some previous experience with photography, and I don’t mind the work at all." She gave the boy a smile. "I don’t have examples with me, but I can go get them now if you want."
@Vader Hume

Liusaidh hadn’t thought she would join any clubs, but she’d come to realise they were probably a pretty big part of school and that it might help her pass the time. So she had arrived at the club fair and could spot two things that she loved and wanted to be a part of. One was the heta omega, if the slytherin girls were one thing she definitely wanted to be involved in those sorts of things, then the other was the SDA, her brother had shut down any hopes that she might duel in her first year, but she wanted to still be able to join the club that it was so that she had in her mind - even easier access to the duelling when she could finally do it. It seemed to be a little less busy that the Heta omega for the girls, but Liusaidh didn’t much care about either, it was just sign a piece of a paper and be done, ”Hi, ah’d like tae join,” she greeted the leader of the heta omega with a falsely sweet tone and a far more sing songy tone. She had to pretend a little that she could be a nice sweet girl just like the other ones - if only because it was fun.

Marco nodded as Abian said it was going fine, and proceeded to hand him the candy bowl. At this he chuckled, "yeah sure, I’ll do that," and watched as some boys seemed to want to sign up. It was always fun, just hangin’ with the guys, and he was pleased that even first years wanted to get involved. He hadn’t been like that, wanting to join clubs from the get-go, although he could have. When they boys had signed up, he told them, "Here, have some candy," with a grin, because who wouldn’t want some candy. He noticed three more boys come over, but one of them he vaguely recognised as being part of the club already, so he turned to the other two. "This is the boy’s club indeed," he answered, sending an apologetic smile towards Abian, hoping he didn’t mind that he’d answered the question. "If you guys sign up, you can have as much candy as you want." It should work somewhat, right? "But not too much, or we won’t have enough for anyone else that might want to sign up," he added as an afterthought.
@Rai Mckenna @Roxas Mckenna

Ana had been excited ever since she had found out there would be a club fair. Being in a club not only sounded cool, but it also sounded like a great opportunity to meet more people. She wasn't even sure how busy the clubs would be and if she would be able to manage being in one, or multiple, clubs with her schoolwork. She'd just have to wait and see because there was no way she was going to hold herself back from being in a club. The youngster had skipped her way towards the courtyard, dragging Rose along with her as she did. "C'mon, it'll be fun!" She smiled at her friend as she skipped inbetween the tables. It had only taken her a couple of seconds to spot a table with flowers and plants and there didn't seem to be a more perfect place to start. "Hi!" Ana greeted as they reached the table, recognizing one of the boys behind it as being the guy who had sold her her wand and shooting him a happy smile as she stepped up next to an older student who was asking to sign up. "Me too!" She excitedly added, letting her eyes scan the table before looking back up. "I don't know what you do, but you've got plants and flowers so I'm already convinced." Ana smiled, looking sideways at Rose to see if she was thinking the same thing.

@Rosemarie Chatwin @Elliot Briar

Skylar was glad to see @Analei Louw accepted her into the club, she couldn’t wait to begin learning how to duel! It was so exciting, especially since if she remember correctly, when buying her wand the shopkeeper had said something about the wood being really good for duelling... well she guessed only time would tell! Quickly signing her name as neatly as she could so it was readable, she thanked the girl and with a friendly wave of goodbye she continued on looking around the fair.

After wandering around several minutes more, she had decided that while she initially hadn’t wanted to join the Heta Omega club, because she thought it was too ‘girly’ she saw quite a few other girls from her year join, so she figured it couldn’t be so bad after all. Besides, there was free chocolate! Enough said. So she walked over to the stall and with a friendly smile she asked the girl who seemed to be in charge (@Emilia Manning ) “hey, could I join too?”. She was still a bit apprehensive about it, but she decided that even if she didn’t enjoy it, it would be a new experience, and after all, that’s part of what coming to Hogwarts was all about.

Vader couldn’t help the pleased feeling that washed over him as the boy he’d discussed joining with turned up, the girl seemed to still be deciding. He took his hand when it was offered and shook it lightly in greeting, ”Ajax hey,” he was interested in the boy’s point of view, he seemed to be someone who was very keen. The boy handed him a form to get him to sign up, though he had expressed an interest, there was no guarantee of a position for anyone, they were a small team that didn't really grow too much, not like the other ones. As the boy began began filling it out, Vader glanced to the girl and smiled, handing her a form too, "Okay here's a form, bring the pictures when you can, accio is just off the entrance hall. We'll be in touch if we pick you,"

Rosemarie had no clue about these clubs and to be fair she had enough work with her plants in the dorm that she didn’t feel like joining a club. Ana seemed keen to make her join along and thus Rose gave in. Rose grabbed a pot of clovers and left with Ana ‘’You do know I have about twenty five plants around my bed that need my care Ana’’ Rosemarie mused ‘’I can’t just go join some club’’ Rosemarie shrugged and looked around, apparently these clubs were loved by many. Soon Ana stopped at a table filled with plants and flowers. Rose walked up to the plants and started touching them. Not saying anything, she felt the leaves and looked at the colour. They seemed healthy and Rose hoped that this club was all about sharing plant stories, regular watering intervals and how to care for more magical plants. “’Ill sign up as well’’ Rose muttered while filling in her name. While putting down her pot of clovers.

@Ana Sofia Burleigh
@Elliot Briar

Abian grinned as the boys showed interest in signing up. "Awesome. Glad to have you guys." He said happily, placing a signup sheet in front of them. "You guys can sign up here if you want." He told them brightly. "You too." He told the new boy who had joined them. "I've got a pen somewhere..." He said, looking around for it for a moment before realizing it had rolled off the table. He picked it up and handed it to one of the boys.

Edward took the parchment from @Abian Hunter when it was his turn and signed up for the Brotherhood, he was excited to see what they would be doing in the meetings but also didn't want to stand around and take up space in case any other students wanted to sign up. He noticed @Flynn North heading over towards the SDA where @Willow Cullen was there. He knew she was the Gryffindor Seeker and since that was the position he wanted to play, he figured he'd speak to her. "Hey Willow, I know I wasn't a member last year but would it be alright if I joined now?" Edward asked figuring the club was likely just as popular as the Brotherhood.

Luxen walked into the courtyard with a purpose, there were only two areas that particularly interested him and he sought them out rather than wasting time in the crowd. He had half a mind to stir up some trouble but figured with this many students around he was bound to get caught and in trouble which was not something he particularly looked forward too. It was bad enough the First Year Slytherin girls were annoying and consistently interfering with his studies. He walked over the the SDA where Saint Elric was trying to sign up and it annoyed him. "No need to sign up Saint Elric, you might accidentally hurt someone if you do" Luxen sneered before adding "Where's you little friends? (@Stanislaw Kurek @Allison Beckett ) to busy snozzing each other somewhere?". He didn't wait for a reply and instead turned towards @Willow Cullen "Is this club open to anyone or just goody two shoes?" Luxen asked as he had a particular interest in making himself a better dueler and knew he could only do so much on his own.

Ajax signed the form, giving the information he had about him, his photography and his skill level. He certainly downplayed his skill level not because of some modesty but because he knew how to take pictures for what he wanted and not necessarily how the yearbook was. So he knew it would be better to say that than anything else, even if it did hurt his chances. When he finished he felt pretty excited about how cool it would be to be a part of it, if accepted. ”There you go! Thanks Vader, I’ll catch you later,” the ravenclaw said as he put down the form, making sure the pictures were attached and then walked away. He gave a little wave but didn’t linger in the great hall any more, he’d done what he’d come to do.

Emilia watched with satisfaction as some girls started to sign up. She nodded at the young girl who asked if she could. "Everyone can, don't forget to take a bracelet and a chocolate." She said brightly. She nodded at the next girl as well, she recognized her vaguely from Hufflepuff and didn't think she was a first year. "Of course Mary Lou." She said with a smile. "Sign up here." She nodded at the redheaded girl who also wanted to join. "Of course you can." She told her, and then repeated the same to the next young girl. "Of course. You can also grab a bracelet and a chocolate." She said with a smile. Their booth was defiinitely one of the more popular ones, and while Emilia was starting to feel a little overwhelmed, she was mostly proud.

@Aurora Herondale @Mary Lou Prindeou @Liusaidh Fergusson @Skylar Anderson

Willow had just managed to set the dummy into place shen she heard a voice behind her. she looked and saw a boy who was likely one of the first years standing by the table. well he is more help then the other co captain she thought the bitterness about not being head girl spreading to anything that analei did or didn't do. (@Beckett Harrington)"I think I am just about there. but I think the liquorice wands need testing if you want one" she said smiling. "were you interested in joining the SDA? she asked him. by that time analei had arrived with her hands overflowing with posters. and greeted her. she looked at the girl a large grin on her face. (@Analei Louw) "Hey Analei. I don't know i only just got here. it seems like everyone else was early" she said what was the saying keep your friends close but your rivals closer. she listened as a boy asked analei why the dummy was there as if she was the one who had lugged it all the way up from the dungeons. and then listened to the girls answer. no they werent a duelling cub. there used to be a duelling club in the school years ago that was separate from the SDA. thety were the student fecence association. it involved more than just duelling like the wiggengreen tree that they had planted with Lysander. (@Flynn North @Skylar Anderson) "we don't just do duelling there are other defensive forms of magic that we learn about and use" she said adding to the comment. it was then that a girl joined the group starting to form around the table. "you two are new Gryffindors right? of course, you can join" she said as more people started to join them. apparently it was analei who everyone wanted to talk to this year. of course it was popular pretty, perfect analei. it was then that @Zennon Baros joined the crowd. asking if he could join. "of course you can join Zennon. It is never too late to learn defensive magic" she said. beofre she heard someone say her name. @Edward Elric "Hey Edward. why wouldn't it be alright for you not to join. just put your name on the list and grab a liquoice wand" she said before another student asked if anyone could join or just goody two shoes. @Luxen Silverback II "anyone can join. but be aware we mainly practice on the dummy and have struct rules on practing on others" she said. there was something about the boys tone that she didn't like and she had heard a bit about him from lin. and she decided to assert dominance first and not to take any of his shut.

Abian shrugged as one of the boys insisted to sign up first. He didn't much mind, and he was glad it didn't turn into some sort of fight. He looked up as Jai approached. "I think I"m good." He told the boy with a smile. "But thanks, you can see if anyone has trouble signing up?" He suggested. He nodded at the next boy who came up to him. "This is the boys club." He told him with a smile. "Do you want to sign up?" He shrugged as the boy's twin apologized. "It's fine." Zennon told him he could let him know if he needed anything, but shook his head. "I'm alright." He said, wondering if he looked like he wasn't alright with everyone asking him if he needed help. He grimaced at Marco as he started promising as much candy as they wanted. "Uh, how about one piece of candy per person instead?" He suggested, widening his eyes at Marco significantly. He didn't have endless candy, nor did he want anyone puking after visiting the Brotherhood booth.

@Jai Edogawa-Raven @Rai Mckenna @Roxas Mckenna @Zennon Baros @Marco Mariani

Edward figured it was best to ignore Luxen, he was annoying on the best of occasions and it didn't help that the Snake Prefect (@Zennon Baros) was also hanging around the booth. Two bullies that seemed to enjoy picking on others didn't seem like the best candidates for joining a defense organization but who was Edward to judge. He listened as @Willow Cullen spoke about mainly using the dummy for practice though she was explaining that to Luxen more than Edward. "Thanks!" Edward said as he took the form and one of the wands. He hadn't taken any candy from the brotherhood since he figured his mother wouldn't have wanted him eating so much junk food but figured a licorice wand wouldn't hurt. "Um Willow, when you get a chance do you think you could help me practice the Seeker position some more" Edward asked. He wanted to be able to play well and figured she was pretty experience at it and would be able to help him better than anyone else.

Luxen listened to the girl explain that they practiced on dummy, he was fine with that since he'd done the same last year a bit when practicing on his own. "I don't mind, I'm sure the opportunity to practice on live targets will present itself eventually" Luxen replied to @Willow Cullen as his eyes shifted towards Elric. The conversation turned away from SDA and towards Quidditch which annoyed Luxen since the two were in the same house and could have talked about it any other time. "Ahem! Couldn't that be discussed at another time Elric? I'd like to sign up" Luxen said making it clear he thought it was rude of the Gryffindor. He didn't want his time wasted since he was already annoyed with how crowded it was.

Liusaidh signed her name and took a chocolate when she was offered one, "Cheers!" she said before heading off. She spotted a few other clubs, the wild patch - which seemed like wayyy too much work and the yearbook which just seemed dull. She approached the sda stall and smiled at the pair who were running, not unlike the other stands they seemed pretty busy. But she moved herself to the front, "Ah know ah cannae like duel, but ah'd like tae sign up," The slytherin told the girls, with an eagerness. Ready to sign her name and then be done here.

After hearing she could join, Skylar wasted no time and signed herself up on the form, grabbed a piece of chocolate and bracelet, and with a quick word of thanks, wandered off to look at what the other stalls had to offer. She wasn’t interested in joining any other clubs, but found it interesting to see which clubs other students were interested in, and maybe she could get an idea of what sort of club she could run next year, if she wanted to. She was thinking something to do with creatures and animals, that was something she felt was really missing here, but knew she probably wouldn’t end up forming a club as it would be too much work but hey, a girl could dream. Basking in the sunshine a bit more, she took one last walk around the courtyard and then carried on back out and to go explore the rest of the grounds.

If someone were to ask Thalia whether she would have joined a club a year ago, she probably would have said no. But with her sisters with her at the school, including Octavia, the Ravenclaw had been encouraged to get more involved, and after trying out for Quidditch she felt ever so slightly more confident, even more so with Emori by her side. She had run into her earlier that day and the younger girl had asked her a series of questions, that never ended, and one of them was the clubs that the school offered. Em had some good sources as she had started to list all the clubs she knew of. Thalia had been impressed, and couldn’t say no to her when she asked Thalia to join the sisterhood together. It would be fun, was her reasoning. The second year followed Em to the courtyard, and it didn’t take the pair long to find the sisterhood, and Thalia tucked a strand of hair behind her ear nervously. "Hi, this is the sisterhood right? Where can we sign up?" she asked once the others before her were done, waiting patiently for an answer.​

Hunter had heard about the Club Fair so he decided to check it out. There was a big variety of clubs that he could join. There was a certain club that particularly caught his eye, the Wild Patch Club. He decided to ask @Elliot Briar about it and after a quick explanation he saw that the Wild Patch Club was definitely where he fit. "Just a question, do we learn extra spells Herbology related that we wouldn't in class?"

As soon as Emori had heard about the clubs that were offered at the school, via several people she had met along the corridors while exploring or simply from her oldest sisters, after she had asked them (knowing they were pretty good reliable sources), she hadn’t hesitated to put the club fair into her calendar so she could see what she could join. She loved to do different stuff and she had a feeling that being part of clubs would allow her to be busy and active. She led the way to the courtyard, figuring out where it was after some wrong turns. As soon as her gaze spotted an interesting stall, she took Thalia’s arm and pulled her with her, making sure she wouldn’t get lost in this busy crowd. She cocked her head to the side, Heta Omega, the sisterhood. Yep, it was definitely the right place. "Sign me up too, please!" she added, eager to just join all the clubs that intrigued her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back