Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
giphy.gif

I need another story
Something to get off my chest

Full Name: Zennon Wyatt Baros
Pronunciation: ZEH- non, Why-ett, Bah Rosz
Nicknames: Boxers, Zen, Baros
Name Origins: Zennon comes from Zenon, of ancient greek origin - from Zeno meaning Zeus
Date of Birth: May 3rd, 2034
Current Age: Currently eleven

My life gets kinda boring
Need something that I can confess

Basic Appearance: Zennon is about average height for an eleven year old. Though he leans closer to the tall side. He has soft brown hair and deep brown eyes that he finds really embarrassing. His mother once described them as "pools of chocolate milk". He's fairly skinny from all the running around he tends to do and he intends to start bulking up at some point in the future. He has fair skin with slight smattering of freckles around his cheek and nose and there's one freckle on the corner of his mouth that he hates with a fiery passion.
Personality: Zennon is the kind of guy who likes to think he's more sophisticated than he is. He's hiding from the fact that he's gay. He's known it for a while but he doesn't want to be. He's fun and witty and he loves being around people. He's extremely social and he adores dogs. He wished he could have brought one to Hogwarts. Zennon is looking for one thing only, a distraction. He loves his family and he loves his life and he's worried it will all change if anyone finds out about him. He doesn't quite know what to do, but he knows he has to find something he can use to get his life back on track to where he wants it to be. He's a very lovable person and he is easily high on life, but he doesn't open up about himself very easily and it's hard to actually get to know him. It's easy for people to know him for a long time, without actually getting to know him. As a Parselmouth, Zennon also has an affinity for snakes and he spends a great deal of time near the forbidden forest to speak to his friends. For him, they are the only creatures he feels like he can truly be around when he isn't hiding parts of himself. He fears what people will think when they find out who he really is and though he does not personally think he is evil, he considers his ability his "darkness within" and hesitates at what he might become if he didn't have friends to trust him. Though Zennon prefers to be outside and not stuck in a classroom, when he is having a bad day, or he's finding something particularly tough, he will usually opt for locking himself in a room until he calms down. He finds stressful situations hard to handle and doesn't ever seem to come up with the right response. As a result, he often tries to move conversations away from difficult subjects and prefers them to have little to no substance. Making friends he finds to be easy, keeping them is a bit more difficult when he refuses to talk in depth about himself. The longer he knows someone the more likely that they are going to realise they don't really know him at all. Subjectively, Zennon hates liars, the fact that he himself is also a liar, only stands to make things more difficult for him. He hates lying, he beats himself up constantly about it, but he doesn't see that he had much other choice given the secrets that he harbours.
Immediate Family: Mother: Nadine Baros
Father: Wyatt Baros
Brothers: Isaak and Lukas
Sisters: Azelea, Rowan, Elsie, Grace

Til' all my sleeves are stained red
From all the truth that I've said

Pets: A crup named Sizzles, a Boa Constrictor named Snuggles and a Python named Cuddles
School: Hogwarts New Zealand; Slytherin
Blood Status: Pureblood
Heritage: American/European
Interests or Hobbies: Zennon is interested in Potions and Animals. He enjoys Quidditch and Gossip. History is a guilty pleasure.
Strengths: Love of Learning; Zennon has a love to learn new things. He will go out of his way to try something new and if he can not get it in the first try, he will continue to try, hopefully getting better each time. He loves museums and libraries and studies when he really needs extra help with something.
Forgiveness; Zennon does not believe in revenge. He is the type of person to hand out second and third chances. He will give someone mercy until he is no longer able to do so. If someone hurts him in some way, he will forgive them quickly, if only to have them back in his life.
Prudence; Zennon is careful, his choices tend to be more prudent than rash. He tries not to say or do anything that he will regret later, but keeping his secret can often clash with is values.
Flaws: Fatal Flaw: Guilt Complex.
Major Flaws: Mistrustful, Authority-Averse.
Minor Flaws: Occasional Arrogance, Liar, Anxiety, Tendency to Deliberate
Values: Cunning, Resourcefulness, Determination

Come by it honestly I swear
Thought you saw me wink, no

Describe your character in five words: Deliberate, Resourceful, Determined, Mistrustful, Anxious
Best school subjects: Potions and Care of Magical Creatures, History of Magic, Muggle Studies
Worst school subjects: Transfiguration, Defence Against the Dark Arts and Astronomy
Current Job: Student
Plans for the future: Zennon wishes to become a Healer
Patronus: Adder The common European adder or common European viper is a venomous snake that can be found throughout Europe. Adders are not normally aggressive and tend to only bite when they are threatened in some way.
Patronus memory: At this moment, Zennon does not know what his patronus memory is.
Boggart: Abandonment - The bogart would become each one of Zennon's friends and family members in turn, telling him what a bad thing he's done and turning their back on him.
Ridikkulus: They would instead throw him a welcome party.
Animagus: Adder

I've been on the brink, so
Tell me what you want to hear

Credits; One Republic for the Lyrics, Google for the Images. Template is made by me.

Last edited:
V38bNJV.jpg
xqTWK9N.jpg

personal
what is your real, birth name? what name do you use?
“I was born and I live as Zennon Wyatt Baros. I was named after my Dad and I think there's some family members with the name Zennon somewhere, I have a big family though. I use Zennon in my everyday life and I don't usually full name myself when I get introduced to new people. Sometimes I wonder how many of my friends actually know my middle name...”

do you have a nickname? what is it, and where did you get it?
“Oh yeah, I have loads of nicknames. All of my friends call me something different and my family call me something different again. Mostly it's Zenn, or Zen, because that's the easiest to figure out, since it's just my name but shorter, but there's also Zenny-boo and Zenny-bear, both are generally from Sapphire. Though I refuse to let anyone else use those so they're pretty much exclusive to Sapphire. Boxers was a pretty early one and it was a bit of an in-joke with me and Jake. I have him a nickname too and then everyone else started using it! Not going to lie, cut me a bit, but I got over it... probably. Some people call me Baros like if we're not friends and its just easier to refer to last name, never forget who you're talking to. Then of course there's my nickname Zippy, which I still don't understand to this day, but it's really only Rowan who still calls me by it. It's a really old nickname though, and she really only whips it out when she's feeling particularly like she wants me in big bother mode. If she calls me Zippy, I know I have to put aside any thoughts or feelings I might want to express about what she's going to say or do and activate listening mode. It's something we've developed over time and it works for us.”

what's your real birth date?
“Third of May, 2034. I don't exactly go around changing it.”

what one word best describes you?
“Paranoid, unfortunately.”

what is your most prized possession? why do you value it so much?
“I have my Dad's wand. He didn't take it with him when he went out into the Muggle World for several reasons so, when he died, I inherited it. Well, I took it before anyone else could, but it still counts.”

what do you bring with you everywhere you go?
“My wand. Also my small bag of herbs and potions, you never know when you might run into someone that's needs some help so I try to make sure I always have something on hand to use.”

what's the most useful thing you own?
“Definitely my wand. I don't know any witch or wizard who could say differently. If you don't have your wand, you're extremely limited. Yeah, of course, there are people who can do wandless magic, but they're not as common and its a highly demanding skill. You need to keep your wits about you and really knuckle down with what you're doing if you want to remain skilled with windless magic. It always takes a lot of concentration, so you need to remain focused all the time, which isn't easy with you're tired or emotional. It's always best to keep your wand around just in case.”

what's your good luck charm?
“I don't really have one. I've never really been in a position to need one, no one's ever really given me anything I could use as a good luck charm, I've gotten this far in my life without one, I think I can continue on.”

what do you like about yourself?
“I feel like this is hard to answer for anyone really, but, I like that I'm more accepting of things. With my Parselmouth ability and the things I went through, I know what judgement feels like so I try to keep my judgements to myself. I think it's hard to live completely without judgement, but, it's also difficult to live your life without labels. I tried for ages and didn't quite managed to get it right.”

what don't you like about yourself?
“I'm really assumptive. I jump to conclusions really quickly and I'm still not great with opening myself up to people and I tend to work hard to make people see me a certain way. After being so open in school, it was just easier to shut down a bit more when I got out into the real world. I still have my badge, but I don't wear it anymore. I always worry that people are going to see it and have the same reaction some of my friends did and honestly, it's just hard to get over. It really affected me.”

what's the biggest realisation you had about yourself?
“Probably that I'm not responsible for how people see me. For the longest time I worried that I had to be this... saint so that people wouldn't see me as a bad person, but I realised after a really long time that there's no point faking it. Everyone has their good days and bad days and you just have to take each day as it comes. After all, I might not be Merlin or Harry Potter, but I'm certainly not Grindelwald or Tom Riddle either. I'm me... Zennon Baros. A really great Professor I had once taught me that.”

what do you need help with most often?
“Internalised blame. Whenever something happens I tend to just take it as being my fault. I don't know if that's through my being involved with the thing initially, or whether it's some complex I have, but I tend to assign blame to myself. I don't like conflict and so whenever something like that happens, I always find it easier to take the responsibility myself.”

what's something nobody knows about you?
“I don't know about nobody, but I'm not vocal about being Gay. For a while it was out of confusion, then mostly denial and now it's more about privacy and people not really having a need to know about my private life. There's only a really small group of people who know and it generally wasn't because I told them intentionally.”

appearance

what do you look like? be as descriptive as possible
"I mean, I don't really know. Average? I don't understand all that stuff about skin tones and whatever because I don't care, but I guess it's important to some people. I'm about six footish, last I checked anyway, though I don't really check all that often and I'm probably getting to the stop growing age. I have dark hair, black sometimes and brown other times. I look a lot like my dad people keep telling me, which is great and all though not that much fun. I guess I'm pretty average build-wise since I was never really into sports or anything like that, it just wasn't really my thing, you now? I have deep brown eyes as I've been told, but it's embarrassing the way I've heard them described. Elsie and I looked pretty alike for that, Ro was always the odd one out for the most part. I have a light smattering of freckles around my nose and cheeks and there's this one freckle right on the corner of my mouth that just, boils my blood to be honest, I hate the placement, it looks so dumb and I'm convinced people stare at it when they look at me."

how do you dress most of the time?
"Just average I guess, I like to look good, I definitely don't want to look like a slob so I tend to wear clothing that is properly fit. When at school I wore robes obviously, but outside of that I like fitted jeans and pants, proper shirts and tops. The kind of stuff that costs a little bit more than average I guess. Proper tailoring and stuff, you know?"

how do you 'dress up'?
"Depends on where I'm going because most people know there's different types of dressing up. You obviously have your typical dressing up, which is usually good old black tie, with dress pants, a suit usually three piece and others, or then you have proper dress up, which is full out tails. I don't like that too much to be honest and I don't really have any reason to have gone to anything like that either, but for the most part, I'll wear dress pants and a nice shirt, since that's usually all that's required from me."

how do you 'dress down'?
"I like to wear sweats and either no shirt if I'm at home, or just a soft cotton shirt if I have company."

if you didn't care at all what people thought of you, what would you wear?
"I don't care what people's opinions are of my clothing, so I would still wear the same stuff. I wear what I wear because I like it, not for anyone else, that's just silly."

do you care about fashion?
"I pretty much just said above, but not fashion as in labels, more, what looks good and what's in season. I don't really follow trends too much"

does fashion help society in any way?
"text"

what is the most embarrassing piece of clothing you own?
"text"

what do you wear when you go to sleep?
"text"

do you wear any jewellery?
"text"

in your opinion, what is your best feature?
"text"

how would you like to look?
"text"

lifestyle

where do you live? describe it: is it messy, neat, avant-garde, sparse, etc.?
"text"

what is the best room in your house? why?
"text"

where do you get most of the decorations for your home?
"text"

where is the most beautiful place near where you live?
"text"

do you like things to be carefully planned or do you just go with the flow?
"text"

do you own any pets? if not, would you like to?
"text"

what would be your perfect weekend?
"text"

are you a very organised person?
"text"

how often do you stay up past 3 a.m.?
"text"

how do you make yourself fall asleep when you can't seem to get to sleep?
"text"

where do you spend most of your free time / day?
"text"

can you apparate? how do you prefer to get around?
"text"

do you tend to save or spend your money? why?
"text"

what are some red flags to look out for in daily life?
"text"

Last edited:
tumblr_n80mliZmQx1rzoil5o4_500.gif

Seventh Year!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back