Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (Lizzie)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Trophy Showcase:
Hello lovelies!

Character Spotlighting is definitely one of my favorite things that we do on HNZ. We get to show off your amazing characters, hard work and creativity with the rest of the site, and pick your brains to see how your creativity works and what advice to you can give us.
For those of you who don't know what this is, once a month we like to show our appreciation for a character we feel is particularly amazing or well developed by shoving them into the spotlight, so that you guys can learn more about the character and the inspiration behind it! Sometimes we pick a character because they have an incredible biography, an awesome character development, or simply because we think the roleplayer deserves some recognition for all the time and hard work they've put into them.

This month, we've decided to spotlight the amazing and wonderful Samantha Jacobs!
Make sure you have a look at her amazing Biography, Pinterest Aesthetic, and Relationships topic, and make use of our Spotlight shouty chat to ask some questions and congratulate Maria on such a phenomenal character!

As per usual, we asked Maria some questions,
What was your initial thought when you were contacted about being spotlighted?
Honestly, very shocked and surprised! I thought I did something against the rules or something when I got the message. But once reading it, I quietly screamed and did a mini dance in bed! I had only just woken up haha

What was the inspiration for your character?
Well, my inspiration to my character, was a bit of me I guess? Like a little bit of her personality as well as a few her looks look and such! I took the inspiration of like 'A Harry Potter World Version of Maria' in a sense. The rest of her, I guess just came out naturally!

What is your favourite RP that your character has taken part in?
Oh gosh, I have a lot of role plays! But I think I like The Studies of Unexpecting which had Sydney Townsend and Ren Lockwood. That was something different I hadn't really done with my character yet, so it was fun and interesting to do! A wee bit dramatic, but I loved doing that!

What is your favourite aspect of your character?
Oh, I love how caring and friendly Samantha is. She just loves to be there for everyone!

Your least favourite aspect?
My least favourite aspect? I'm not sure, to be honest! That's a little hard. But I think it would have to be how she doubts herself all the time. Samantha little soul feels like she's not a good enough person to achieve what she has already.

If you could meet your character in real life would you want to? Why or why not?
I honestly, would love to meet her! I think we would be able to get along, due to how similar our personalities are! I think she would be fun to hang out with!

What do you feel your strength in developing characters is?
The strength I think is seeing the different characters that are on the site and see what types of characters there have or haven't been, as well as being inspired to make characters, from all the other characters that are on here.

Your weakness?
Creating the dramatic, sad and maybe angry parts of a roleplay. I guess it's because I'm not used to making these sorts of roleplays with my characters. I'm just generally always happy and bubbly, so its a wee bit hard for me to portray that.

What would you recommend to those looking to further develop their characters?
Try and get out of your comfort zone for your character! Doing that can always make your roleplay fun and exciting! As well as having your character may be doing something that they haven't done before.

What are you most looking forward to on HNZ in the next several months?
I'm excited for Valentine's day events like roses and such! those are always fun!

What is your favourite part of HNZ?
I love the atmosphere of the community here on HNZ! I've only been on the site for just over a year and a half now, and everyone is just so nice and welcoming!

Congratulations Maria!
~Donna :donna:
(On behalf of the site staff)

Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Trophy Showcase:
Yay! Congrats Maria! Samantha is such a lovely character! ^_^

Tilly Drage

Beater | "Yeti" | Food-Motivated

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
12" Pear with Mermaid Scales
Trophy Showcase:
Congratulations on the spotlight, Maria ^_^ Looking forward to seeing more of Samantha and the rest of your characters!

Flynn North

amputee + orphan + angry + alt. seeker

OOC First Name
Charlie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Flexible Fir Wand With Augurey Tail Feather Core
Trophy Showcase:
Well done Maria!!

Samantha Jacobs

5th year | heta social chair | friendly | clumsy

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Ren)
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence Of Sphinx Remains
Trophy Showcase:
ahhh thank you guys so much! still an absolute shock to be honest haha 💛

Tilly Drage

Beater | "Yeti" | Food-Motivated

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
12" Pear with Mermaid Scales
Trophy Showcase:
Maria, you said that developing the dramatic, sad, or angry RPs is tough. What type of situation would Samantha need to be in to bring this out in her character? ^_^

Samantha Jacobs

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Ren)
Wand
Trophy Showcase:
Maria, you said that developing the dramatic, sad, or angry RPs is tough. What type of situation would Samantha need to be in to bring this out in her character? ^_^
oh, this is a bit tough to answer! haha - well, it’s hard to really say at the moment, as it depends on the situation. but at this stage, falling out with friends (her falling out with sydney just is making her sad and confused at the moment) or like a family situation gone wrong of some kind - since Samantha cares deeply about her family

i hope that answers you’re question! if not let me know :)

Elliot Briar

6th Year | King of Flowers | Puff Co-Captain |

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demi (Alice)
Wand
10 1/2 Inch Alder Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Trophy Showcase:
Huge well deserved congratulations, Maria! I love Sam :wub: Q's though; You mentioned Samantha was in part based on yourself, so I was curious in which places you think you and Sam differ the most personality wise

Samantha Jacobs

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Ren)
Wand
Trophy Showcase:
Huge well deserved congratulations, Maria! I love Sam :wub: Q's though; You mentioned Samantha was in part based on yourself, so I was curious in which places you think you and Sam differ the most personality wise
Ahh thank you so much Kris! Personality-wise, Samantha breaking the rules earlier on in Hogwarts - that was something between me and sam. She liked to get up to little mischief, whereas i am not into that, i like to follow the rules haha she is also more of a sensitive soul compared to me.

:)

Samuel Phillips

Part-Veela | Artist | Scrivenshafts Owner

OOC First Name
Anna
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2" Flexible Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats Maria :hug: Samantha is awesome!!

Ainsley Lynch

🌼head in the clouds🌼6'3"🌼 🌼ollivanders asst🌼

OOC First Name
Rowan
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Amber ) ( Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Flexible Pine Wand with Fwooper Feather Core and 6'5" Sturdy Carved Walnut Staff With Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congratulations Maria! Samantha is absolutely wonderful, and I love the amount of detail in her bio :wub:

I'm curious, her bio says she grew up in England... did she find the move to NZ difficult? Has she settled in NZ in the years since, or does England still feel like home to her?

Ruben Right

Triplet| Moody| Friendly| Stubborn

OOC First Name
Ruben
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Elm Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats Maria:party::party:

Samantha Jacobs

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Ren)
Wand
Trophy Showcase:
I'm curious, her bio says she grew up in England... did she find the move to NZ difficult? Has she settled in NZ in the years since, or does England still feel like home to her?
Thank you! ✨

Samantha was quite young when she moved to England, so she doesn’t remember much when she moved there, only remembering parts when she went to school. She prefers NZ over England though, it feels more home to her then England did. NZ feels more like home to her then England has.

:D

Saira Lykims

Creative / Loyal / Plants

OOC First Name
Soho
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Walnut Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats Maria!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)