Y36 Club Fair

Jai shrugged as Abian said that he didn't need any help right now. He decided to stick around though, if anyone had any trouble with the sign ups he was kind of willing to help. It sure beats trying to move around in the crowd. It was too bad that Zennon had moved over to the duelling club, they could have talked for a while to pass the time. But then again, it was probably only a matter of time before the twins would come looking so he wouldn't be idle for very long.

Artemisa laughed along with the older student as she said that it was getting busier as every moment passes. "Sure am!" she replied rather cheerily. The duelling club had been fun last year even if she hadn't actually participated in the duels. She knew she hadn't been ready, but this year she definitely will be! "Congrats on making Head Girl by the way. Do you need help?" she asked @Analei Louw . She was already here after all, might as well help.

Aurora grabbed the pen to sign in Heta Omega "Thanks" she said to @Emilia Manning . Then she took a chocolate and a bracelet, happy to be part of something.

Ruben signed up for the Brotherhood after the other boys and gave a look to @Abian Hunter and said with a warm smile "We'll see each other in the Brotherhood living room?"

Elliot was glad to see more people making their way over to sign up. "Sure, absolutely," He said when a younger Hufflepuff asked to sign up, sliding the sign up sheet towards him. Another Hufflepuff joined with her friend and Elliot vaguely recognized her from Ollivander's returning her smile. "Hello, great," He said brightly, motioning for her to sign up when the previous boy was finished. "We tend to the Wild Patch out in the school gardens and help take care of plants around the school grounds," He told her. "We also help out with growing roses and other plants for school events," It looked like the girl's friend was also signing up and Elliot looked at the clover pot she was carrying with her curiously. "Your clovers are growing well," He told her, wondering if she had managed to carry them all the way from home. Another Hufflepuff joined them and Elliot had to think about his question about learning extra spells. "Uh, you might, it really depends on how much work you want to put in. We can definitely help you with some," He said, grabbing his wand. "Like you'll learn this in class but it's a good one to know. Sementis medicates," He said, tapping one of the potted rose bushes next to the table and watching it bloom.
@Corey Edogawa @Ana Sofia Burleigh @Rosemarie Chatwin @Hunter Robinson

"Ok I'm definitely signing up" Hunter said grabbing a pen and writing his name down on the sheet "Is there gonna be like, a meeting at the club soon or something?"
@Elliot Briar

"Yes I honestly would love to join the club. I never pass out on a change to learn new spells" he said taking a liquorice wand and bitting on it. "I mean...we can't duel but we can still learn the spells as a 1st year, right?"
@Willow Cullen
@Analei Louw

Last edited:
Saira walked along the courtyard, watching people sign up for various clubs and talking to the moderators. She was bored and so she just wanted to look around but there was a club that particularly caught her eye. The Wild Patch Club, though in her opinion the name was a bit... tacky, she loved her biology classes when she was in muggle school. And so she stood infront of the booth for a considerable amount of time when she soon decided to sign up. “Uhm, Hello. I would like to sign up for this club?” She said, looking at the guy standing behind the booth.

@Elliot Briar

Sydney had just arrived at the Club Fair. She had been there already but it was a too crowded so she decided to come again a bit later. Now the crowd was half gone so she took a proper look around to all the stalls, there were some very interesting ones like Accio!, The Wild Patch, Heta Omega, but what really got her eye was SDA. She saw a dummy so she just presumed it had something to do with practicing offensive spells on the dummy maybe? Well...can't know without asking. "Hey, I'm Sydney. Could I hear a bit more of what your club is for? And what does SDA stands for?"

@Willow Cullen
@Analei Louw

It didn't take long at all for a girl to approach her, and Emilia smiled at her. "Nice to meet you Blake, you're right." She said brightly. "You can sign up here, and take a bracelet and a chocolate if you want." She said with a smile. She then held out a bracelet to the next girl who wanted to sign up. "Hi Aisling, nice to have you here." She said gently. "You can sign up too, and have a bracelet for signing up." She said cheerfully. "Hi Anna!" She said to the next girl. "Of course you can." She laughed as the next girl popped up too. They were really coming fast. "And you as well, Lily. You can sign up there." She said kindly, placing another signup sheet on the table. "Hi, you can join as well!" She told the next girl. "Grab a chocolate and a bracelet if you want!"

"Thank you!"Anna smiled cheerfully, she was sure that Maria will be proud of her and Anna was sure that it will be good for her too. "Can I join two clubs or only one is allowed?" Anna asked while taking some chocolates and bracelet. "It's so cute! Can you please show me how to make one?" Easterling llok at bracalet and then at @Emilia Manning

"Great," Elliot said happily when the Hufflepuff boy wanted to sign up, quietly glad the little demonstration had gone over well. "We'll have a meeting soon. We usually do something at least one a semester, plus you're always welcome to do some work in the Wild Patch itself," He explained. Another girl, from Slytherin, approached the table as well and after standing there for awhile while Elliot helped the other interested students she spoke up. "Hey, that's great, welcome," He told her, showing her the sign up list. "Just put your name down here and you're in," He said with a smile.
@Hunter Robinson @Saira Lykims

Saira grabbed the quill that was on the table and scribbled her name on the parchment with neat handwriting. She put down the quill and looked up at the guy, that she recognized as the shopkeeper from Ollivanders.

“I’ll take one of these.” Saira said, taking one of the flower crowns and putting it on her head. “Good day!” Saira left the booth and continued to look for more interesting clubs.

Sam needed something, someone or just at least place where she can go so she find her way to club fairs and she was looking around. Sororities was that thing she would never join, she thought it's something like in movies - crowd of mean girls. Duelling club was just dangerous for her, she even sometimes forgot from which end she should hold her wand, at brotherhood she even didn't look it's sorority and it's for boys so not for her. And then she saw someone she already knew - Elliot and saw banner with plants and there she thought that it was best for her. It wasn't dangerous and there wasn't only girls or only boys.

"Hi," she smiled at @Elliot Briar when got to Wild Patch stall. "Can you please tell me what exactly is Wild Patch and where can I sign up?" She was ready to sign up before she even heard answer to first question.

Hadley didn't have much of a goal in mind but she definitely thought clubs would be a good idea and as she entered the courtyard, her sight landed on a group of people who seemed to be concentrated around something called SDA. Hadley wasn't sure what that meant, but she walked over anyway, overhearing one of her roommates @Sydney Rosethorn asking what it was about. "Oh, yes, I would like to know too, please!"

@Willow Cullen @Analei Louw

Last edited:
With every word the boy said Ana got more excited. She figured that perhaps being the club will learn her more about plants as well because she liked them but she didn't have a lot of knowledge about them. Rose did though and she was happy to hear her friend say she'd sign up as well. "Yay!" She exclaimed as she took the sign up sheet after the boy before her was done and happily wrote down her name with a little flower drawing behind it. "This will be great." Ana smiled at both the older boy and Rose. This was surely going to be heaps of fun. "Thanks!" She thanked the older boy after having slid the sign up sheet towards Rose and patiently waited untill she was done before turning to her again. "I want to check out this other club too, you wanna come? You don't have to sign up if you don't want to." She smiled at her. Another table with what seemed to be an all-girls club had caught her eye and she was definitely curious about it. Ana slightly turned to start moving towards the table, but didn't actually do so untill her friend had answered.

@Elliot Briar @Rosemarie Chatwin

Elliot was glad there seemed to be good interest in the club and in the flower crowns too, thank the younger students as they signed up. A girl he recognized approached the table next, though it took Elliot a moment to place her. "Oh hi, Samantha right?" He said, remember her from Ollivander's. "The Wild Patch meets up throughout the year to help care for plants and the school grounds," He told her. "We also help grow flowers and things for school events like Valentine's," He added, showing her the roses set about the table. "If you're interested you can put your name down here." @Samantha Sage

This wild patch club sounded amazing and Rosemarie was carefully listening to every word the older boy said. He even complimented her clovers, which made Rosemarie blush slightly. ''I take great pride in taking care of my plants'' Rose muttered, not knowing what to do with so many people around. The spell he preformed after amazed Rose even more. She remembered the incantation and already made the mental note to practice it tonight. She had no clue how magic even worked, but wand waving shouldn't be too hard. Ana seemed keen to go to this all female cult and Rose definitely wasn't into it. ''Ill stay here gasping at the plants Ana, you go'' Rose said happily to her friend. ''How do I know when there is an event?'' Rose asked the boy @Elliot Briar

@Ana Sofia Burleigh

Nell's heart hammered in her chest as she headed down to the club fair. She had been nothing but thrilled last year when Joshua and Leda had announced that she would be taking over as the editor for Hogwarts Monthly, but returning to school it had finally started to sink in what that meant. There were so many people relying on her, so many things she had to think about now. For the first time, Nell really truly felt like her decision to lighten her class load had been a good one. She needed a lighter schedule if she was going to survive this year. She set up her table alongside the rest of the club leaders, a little gobsmacked by the sheer volume of students who quickly flooded the room as the fair began. Laying out previous issues of the publication on the table, Nell picked up her signup sheet and gave a nervous smile to the thronging crowds, hoping she would be able to shoulder the burden that lay ahead.

OOC: To sign up for Hogwarts Monthly, just talk to Nell! If you have questions about the club, feel free to ask IC or PM me. Please @ mention me in your posts regarding HM!

William knew he was late to the Club Fair, but that was just how things were gonna be. He still couldn't quite believe he had been made a leader of the Wild Patch. He supposed it made a certain amount of sense, he definitely had the most experience actually surviving out in nature of anyone in the club, but he had long since gotten the impression that nobody at Hogwarts was actually interested in making any use of his skills. He wasn't leading the club alone though, something he was hesitantly glad for. William didn't really think he would have done a great job of running things alone, and though he didn't really know this Elliot kid, he seemed to be pretty popular. No doubt everyone would like him, he would become the big favourite, and William would be stuck in the shadows unappreciated once again. Whatever. There was no point really putting in the work when he had already lost, so why not be late to things? He sidled up to the table, giving Elliot a small nod as he joined his co-leader at their table and looked around trying to get a handle on what was going on there. "We'll tell you." He said a bit brusquely to the girl asking a question at their table, glancing at Elliot as he stole the question out from the Hufflepuff.
@Rosemarie Chatwin @Elliot Briar

After telling Thalia and Emori that she wasn't going to sign up for any clubs this year, she honestly didn't think why joining a club was something one would do with the amount of homework they got at times, she waved them off and returned to her readings. But as she sat there reading her book and watched more and more people walk out of the Great Hall into the courtyard, something was gnawing at her. She had kind of ignored her sister last year, well not ignored-ignored her of course, she could never to that, but she had to explore the school and learn to find her way through this giant maze without someone by her side who wanted to do other things. And now that Emori was here too, the sisters would surely spend more and more time together than apart. Not believing that she was actually trying to convince herself to still join them, Teodora closed her book and stood up from the bench to join a group of second years headed for the courtyard. Fine. She could make up for her absence last year by joining her sisters in signing up for whichever clubs they'd be signing up for. Once in the courtyard, it didn't take her long to spot them, standing by the sisterhood stall. ''And me, too,'' she said as she approached them, smiling at Emori and putting an arm around Thalia.
@Emilia Manning @Thalia Pourroulis @Emori Pourroulis

Olivia came to the Club Fair to take a peek at all the clubs at the fair. She was walking around, hearing every student in a stall talking about the club they were representing, they were all really interesting but she decided to go to a girl that had just arrived and prepared her stall
"Hi I'm Olivia! So this is the Hogwarts Monthly? Can you tell me a bit about this club and how things work?" Olivia said, she had a bit of experience with writing so she decided to give it a try
@Nell Wright

Aisling smiled at @Emilia Manning and wrote her name down on the piece of parchment before taking a bracelet and a chocolate. “Thank you,” she said before unwrapping the chocolate and taking a bite. It was delicious and Aisling grinned before waving at Emilia and walking away to take a look around the other stalls.

Nell beamed at the first girl to approach her table, jumping into a hurried explanation of the club. "Well, Hogwarts Monthly is the school newspaper!" She said brightly, handing the girl a copy of the previous issue to look at. "We report on what's happening at the school each semester, so people can be in the know about what's going on around them. If you'd like to sign up, just put your name on the list!" She said cheerfully, setting a clipboard and pen in front of the girl.
@Olivia Lightwood

Olivia thought a lot about it and she decided she was bit torn. She was afraid she wasn't creative enough or didn't have enough time for it. She saw how well everyone wrote and she was kind of intimidated "Do we decide what do we wanna write about or is one the topics assigned to us?" Olivia said grabbing the pen but waiting for the girl to answer her before signing up her name.
@Nell Wright

Analei nodded in agreement as Willow added to her comment about what they did. Two other boys joined, and one seemed unnecessarily nasty towards the other, which made Analei roll her eyes. There was no reason for people to be so mean. She was glad that Willow was dealing with them, the Slytherin boy didn't seem perturbed at all when he was told they would only practice on dummys. Luckily, another Slytherin girl joined, and Analei smiled at her. "Of course you can. There will be practices and opportunities for you to learn all sort of defence." Analei replied to @Liusaidh Fergusson , passing the sign up paper over to her.
Analei was glad when @Artemisa Raven said she was signing up again, and beamed at her when she congratulated her on becoming Head Girl. "Thank you so much! Um, if you want to hand out some flyers, you're welcome to?" She said, but not expecting the girl to do it if she didn't want to. The Club Fair was incredibly busy, and Analei's attention was soon brought to another girl who asked what the SDA stood for, another girl quickly joining her. "We're the Student Defense Association. We hold a dueling tournament in the second semester, but we have practices throughout the year, helping and honing defensive magic. Everything will be kept to year level abilities obviously, and the dueling is only for Second Years and above." She finished, hoping that explained it to @Sydney Rosethorn and @Hadley Orel , handing them some pamphlets as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back