Open Y32 Club Fair

Only two clubs interested Arvel: the SDA, and the Hogwarts Monthly. He'd been part of the latter for two years now, and though he enjoying writing enough by himself, there was no activity that couldn't be made more fun and interesting with Analei there. "You don't have to join," he reassured her when they got to the entrance hall. "Just come over. Please?"

Analei dragged her feet as Arvel led them to the Club Fair. She didn't want to join any clubs except Quidditch, and she knew that any thing else would just take up too much of her time. But, it was Arvel, and she would do anything for him. Just, grumpily. She nodded her head when Arvel reassured her, sending him a joking glare. "You're lucky I love you."

Arvel swallowed hard, shaking his head so that his hair would fall over his flushed face. He led Analei across to the stall, where only Noemie and Sophie stood, waiting for potential new members to sign up. Arvel would never have forced his friend to do anything she didn't want to do, but having made it this far he certainly intended to do whatever he could to spark her interest. "Do you need more writers?" he asked flatly, without quite looking at the girls, so that if it hadn't been for the nature of the question it might almost have looked as if it were directed at Analei.

Flavio smiled as Ainsley placed a flower crown on his head, pleased that he was now matching perfectly with the wild patch table and did not look out of place with only a flower in the pocket of his shirt. As he waited for someone to approach, he moved his attention around the entrance hall and noticed Geo wave to him from the SDA table. After quickly returning Geo's wave Flavio looked over to the boy that approached, and stepped back to allow Ainsley to answer the questions the boy was asking. Flavio was there to help out and not take control of the wild patch table so he did not want to act any other way when the reason he was there was to help his friend and keep her company. Though when the boy was finished with signing up Flavio could not help but pick up a flower crown and utter "Here you go," to the boy as he handed it over. It would be nice to see as many students as possible wearing flower crowns during the club fair and throughout the school when the fair was over, and Flavio hoped in giving one to the boy he wasn't overstepping a line and making Ainsley mad at him.

Jasper entered the club fair knowing which club he was going to join. The wild patch club seemed okay, but he didn't really feel like planting flowers. He obviously couldn't join the girl group, and SDA wasn't for first years. Honestly, the only option that was even a little interesting was the brotherhood one. At least he could probably make a few more friends there. But as he approached, he raised his eyebrows at the sight of Sierra there. "This is a club for boys." He told her with an air of superiority. "Also, I wanna join." He added, now addressing the older boys at the table.

Selene made her way ot the great hall. she had seen the club fair advertised and thought she would like to join a club but wasn't sure what there was. the room had been transformed. there was a selection of tables all standing around the place. with people around them. there were the school newspaper and yearbook. not something she was interested in, a duelling club once again not something she was interested in though she could see heli signing up for it and the girl behind the table was the girl who had sold her asteria she smiled at her as she walked passed. the next set of stands that caught her attention were two almost opposite of each other. a club for boys who's table looked simple compared to the one next to it, the club for girls. she had heard about heta omega and whilst the idea of the club seemed to look as she walked past the stand the girls standing around seemed so intimidating. so big and scary. the final table was one that caught her eye. it was colourful and whilst the people standing around it were also big. the girl who seemed to be in charge was really tall she looked like a wood nymph with flowers threaded through her hair and a lot less intimidating than the girls at the heta omega stand. she overheard the girl explaining what the club was, wild patch, it was a gardening club but also organised the schools ltgqb pride. she waited quietly for them to finish talking before she moved closer. "Excuse me, Hello. gardening sounds like fun. but what is ltgqb pride?" she asked. the wood nymph.

Like with many things about Hogwarts, Lars mostly knew about things through his sister. Fleur had told him about the clubs, and had seemed eager for him to join the Brotherhood to meet more boys to befriend. But Lars wasn't going to do that, because he didn't want to meet anyone that might make fun of him. He had no idea what a club of boys would do, but had the feeling he wouldn't want to be a part of it. Instead, he gravitated to the Wild Patch club, but he wasn't the only one there. Lars waited as other first years asked questions to the older students there. He recognized the girl manning the booth as the girl who had sold him his wand, and felt a bit more at ease. She was definitely nice. A fellow first year in front of him asked the girl about pride, which was apparently something the club also did. Lars felt himself blush a little, though he tried not to show it. He had no idea the Wild Patch club did that too, but it was nice, he supposed.

"So, it's a bro club," he responded, nodding his head just a little as he thought about it. The idea sounded cool enough. Then a girl appeared and announced she wanted to join and Etienne was about to say something himself when another boy, rather rudely, explained for him. "I think Heta Omega is the girl version," he offered to the girl in a kinder tone and a small smile, "They have a stall over there, I saw it on the way in." And hopefully, she would make her way over there and sign up there instead, because Etienne didn't really think she would be allowed to join the Brotherhood. "But it sounds cool," He announced to the older student running the stall, turning his attention back to him, "I want to join as well!"

Geo was glad that Hayden didn't seem to think sh'ed stepped over any lines by setting up the SDA stall, and hoped the club would be a good opportunity for the pair to work together on something properly. Everyone was busy at their stalls as the students began to enter the hall,, and while she knew what it was like to be a first year interested in the club, and the disappointment she felt when she was told she would have to wait to join, the Hufflepuff was still keen to find out more about the newest additions to the school. She turned her attention to a boy whom she recognised from her own common room, grinning at him as he asked then what the SDA was. "It stands for the Student Defence Association." Geo loved the club as it meant all the students could practise the skills they learnt in their classes, to defend themselves in situations in the safety of their classmates. "It's open to anyone in second year and above who wants to work on their duels!" It was exciting really, and while Geo hadn't actually ever won for her year group herself, it was good practise to try. In the corner of her eye she could see one of the girls lingering around the Brotherhood table, a small smile appearing on her face as she recalled her own attempts at joining the club a couple of years prior. One day they'd have to let a girl in, she was sure of it.

Ainsley was pleased to see Rory's brother seemed happy to join them, handing him a signup sheet. "Great to have you with us!" She said happily. She laughed softly at his next question, pleased that Flavio was onto it to help out. "You certainly do!" Ainsley said brightly, taking the signup sheet back once he was done. "Thanks for joining us!" It felt like she had barely finished helping Rory's brother when another girl approached, asking questions. "LGBTQ pride." She corrected gently with a smile. "It's an event for people who are LGBTQ, who are attracted to the same gender, or whose gender is different to the one they were assigned at birth. The Wild Patch organises it, but it's not really related to the club, it's just something we organise to help people feel safe and confident being themselves. Most of our club activities are to do with gardening, and helping the earth." She smiled, hoping the explanation had been enough to help the girl understand.

Kauri was a little surprised when a girl approached their booth, but it was clear from how she talked that she had misunderstood the name of the club. Before he could correct her, though, another young boy had jumped in, in a way that was a little ruder than Kauri liked, followed by the first boy who had approached answering more gently. "This is the Brotherhood club." He said to her gently, with a smile. "Heta Omega is the sisterhood, they do really awesome activities. You should check them out, they're totally great." Kauri beamed, hoping to encourage the girl rather than discourage her. He then turned his attention to the boys, handing them each a signup sheet. "Here you guys go, welcome to the club! Take some lollies if you want. Glad to have you on board!"

Alice heard of the club fair and she knew which club she wanted to join. Therese was also a member and the brunette would love to be a part of such a nice club. She liked plants and flowers and the club seemed nice. It was also a good way to get to know more people she thought. When she set food in the entrance hall she had no idea where to look first. There were lots of people and she walked pass the stands. She noticed different groups and everyone really did their best in decorating it seemed. When she found the Wild Patch stand she waited for the persons to speak for it to be silent and waited patiently her turn. When it was her turn she smiled at the older students.
'' Hello! I am Alice and I would love to join your group.'' she said with a bright smile and waited for the others to respond.

"Ew a boy club, YUCK!" Sierra exclaimed in response to Jasper. She pulled her tongue at him, but the other guys were being so nice about showing her where she should go. "Okay dude!" She responded to the older Gryffindor, narrowing her eyes slightly when he offered the boys lollies. A small smile grew on her face as she quickly stole some lollies then ran away cackling, over to the glittery girls. "Can I please join your hood of magic? I don't want to be with the boys, and you guys have glitter even though they have lollies - I stole some hehe, do you want one?" Sierra offered, holding out a few lollies in her hand.

Evelyn smiled as the girl introduced herself. She had an interesting name and the girl was pretty for sure. She smiled as the girl said she had no questions but wanted make more friends. The club was an amazing inventation for that ofcourse. '' Okay! Welcome Cyzarine! Feel free whenever you have questions to contact me. And also for helping you as a prefect ofcourse!'' Evelyn explained to the younger girl. There were so many new students Evelyn had helped some first years towards the common room on their first day but she didn't remembered all. But she was glad to have another Gryffindor on board. When another girl who Evelyn had seen before in a quidditch game spoke and actually said something where the old Evelyn would be responding to in a mean way to make the girl pay, she just smiled at Cyzarine who was already acting like a Heta Omega member to stick up for eachother she was glad the girl did. Evelyn was confident about herself and looked down at the Slytherin girl for a moment. '' We don't actually. We already are a popular group you see. So this is just something nice for the girls who joins to make them feel welcome and connected to eachother. Care to join it? Or taste a very nice cupcake?'' The blonde said confident and with her bright smile. Than she looked over to Cyzarine and was glad that she liked the gifts. '' Glad you like it.'' Evelyn added towards the girl and gave her a quick wink.

When another girl walked over to them Evelyn smiled. It was another Gryffindor and Evelyn had to laugh about the comment the girl made.
'' Hi there! You are on the right place, here are no boys only girls. But we do have cupcakes. I think that is more delicious than a tiny lolly? But thanks I'm okay. I hope you enjoy it though.'' Evelyn said to the girl and loved the excitement of the girl. She loved some competetion and was just playing along with the young eleven year old. '' You can sign up here.'' Evelyn pointed at the list in the middle of her and Amber and took a giftbag with the bracelet in it and put it next to her. '' I'm Evelyn, what is your name?'' The blonde asked the girl friendly.

Last edited:
Caro wasn't totally sure she would be needed at the club fair, but she decided to show up anyway. Accio wasn't doing any recruiting but the photographers might need some help, and she could take some of her own pictures for the Monthly, and check in if Sophie needed any help recruiting people. With her camera around her neck, Caro made her way into the club fair, surprised as she always was at how crowded it got. It looked like Sophie and Noemie had the Hogwarts Monthly booth under control so far so Caro gave them a small wave and headed off, wandering around to take a few photos of people signing up for clubs and the beautiful booths the club leaders had put together.

Nell had been looking forward to the club fair ever since it was announced. There was so much to do at Hogwarts, and she wanted to do all of it. Everything! She had a plan in mind already, and as soon as she entered the entrance hall and took in the fair, Nell made a beeline for the Hogwarts Monthly table. A student newspaper sounded like exactly the kind of thing she wanted to be involved in! Discovering scoops and answering questions would be perfect, and Nell gave the girls behind the booth a friendly smile as she approached. "Hi! I'd like to join the newspaper, please!"

Blake knew the best way to get settled in at a new school was to make friends, and the best way to make friends would be to join a club. He was gonna find a club that would let him do cool stuff, and meet cool people, and help him make a name for himself. Looking around the hall, Blake crossed off options immediately. A gardening club? Boring. A girl club? GROSS! A newspaper? DOUBLE BORING. One booth caught his eye though, and Blake approached quickly, grinning. "A brotherhood? Count me in." He commented to one of the older boys manning the booth.

Amber beamed at Noemie as she congratulated her. "Thank you!" She said brightly. She nodded when Noemie headed over to the Hogwarts Monthly table, honestly glad someone would be there to help Sophie out. She turned to Evelyn and nodded as the girl told her to help out with welcoming people. "Maybe I'll take one later." She told Evelyn about the cupcakes. She didn't really want to be eating one when girls started approaching the table. A young girl soon approached, but Evelyn helped her out. Amber smiled at her but looked around to see if anyone else looked interested in joining. A Slytherin girl soon joined and commented on the goodie bags and cupcakes, it made Amber frown a little. "We're trying to welcome new members." She told her, a hint of reproach in her voice. "If you want to join, you're welcome to." She added. Another girl joined, who seemed to have come from the Brotherhood table. Evelyn's comment about the lollies compared to the cupcakes made Amber frown a little, as she didn't think it made their club better in any way. But she didn't comment on it. Evelyn helped this girl out too, and Amber smiled. "Welcome to the club." She said kindly. The first years were so small now, it was hard to believe they themselves had been like that when they joined the school.

slene listened as the wood nymph explained that ltbgq was. she didn't quite understand but the rest of the club seounded gun and the girl seemed friendly. "it sounds like a fun club. how can i sign up" she said. She then noticed that there was a boy standing behind her. he was in her house and another first year like her. "are you going to join? she asked him. wondering if she would end up with a friend in the club.

It surprised Tristan that Kauri didn't tell him off for his comment, but he supposed it had to be frustrating for Kauri too to be outshone by someone who had just thrown money around. Tristan sighed softly and took the sheet. "Yeah, I suppose." He said, glancing at the younger boy for a moment before directing his gaze into the hall. He hadn't exactly put on his 'happy face' as Kauri had called it, but he wasn't scowling. He let Kauri talk to the first year, assuming he was the less intimidating one of the two of them. As a girl joined them and asked to join their 'magic hood', Tristan had a snarky reply ready but he swallowed it back. If he wanted to be head boy, he shouldn't speak badly to first years. Even if they clearly didn't ready very carefully. Kauri dealt with the girl pretty well, and also with a new boy that arrived. Tristan wondered if the only people signing up would be first years, but that wouldn't be too strange. Another first year boy approached, and this time Tristan handed him the sheet. "You can sign up here, we're glad to have you." He said, giving the boy a smile.

Willow was making her way to the great hall for some food her stomach was growling she had been ouside and going for a jog. she had promiiced herslef that she would try and stay fit this year. as she entered the front doors she was hit by the sound of people everywhere talking. She realised what was on, the clubs fair how had she forgotten. actually, that was quite easy. she wasn't that interested in the fair. she as already a member of one club and was not interested in the others. sure she had joined in and enjoyed the heta omega tallent show last year, but that didnt mean that you wanted to join the club. she walked through the piles of people. she stopped at the SDA table. "Hey Geo, hey Haden. she said, she had known the two of them from the club the previous year. "I hope you had a good holiday, congrats on being chosen to run the club do I need to sign up again or will the point I was a member last year mean I don't" she said. looking around to see what kind of food was on offer. maybe she could grab something and skip the great hall and instead go upstairs for a shower. "i promise not to miss the duelling competition this year, i was so peeved i missed it last year" she said.

Alice had joined the clubs she wanted to join last year, but today she had a mission. All of her sisters were in Heta Omega with her, except one. Today, she was going to change that. It had taken a lot of convincing to get Phoebe to agree, but now here she was. Alice happily led her to the table by the hand, steering her past several tables. Phoebe didn't seem too happy, but she wasn't protesting so Alice decided it was a win. She stopped at the Heta Omega table and beamed at the girls. "My sister wants to sign up."

Last edited:
Alice was a dangerous girl, as she could get her sisters to agree to almost anything she wanted. Phoebe had chosen deliberately not to join any of the clubs, as none of them seemed very interesting. But when her youngest sister asked her to join the girly sisterhood club, she had found she couldn't say no. Was it some sort of magic? It was a cruel spell if it was. She sighed as Alice led her through the hall, looking around at the different stalls. Still, none of the clubs excited her. The one with the glittery sign was one of the least inviting ones, but of course it was their destination. "No I don't, but she wants me to." She said, gesturing to Alice with a grim smile. "Who can say no to that face, right?" She held out a hand. "Can I get a sign up form, or whatever? You can leave the rest of the things, I don't need them." She didn't really want any of the things offered. Then she saw Alice eyeing the cupcakes and sighed again. "Except a cupcake." She said, intending to give it to her sister.

Evelyn was glad to already have two new girls to the group. She hoped they would both like to be in it. She didn't have much time to talk with Amber when two other girls appeared. She noticed it were the two sisters of Rose. She had seen them together often. She knew some more Holland's were a part of Heta Omega. When the younger one said that her sister wanted to sign up she smiled, but figured why the girl wouldn't ask herself. But she got the answer quickly. The girl didn't seemed that excited but Evelyn knew not everyone was like that. '' Hi girls.'' Evelyn first said with a smile and looked at the older sister for a moment and than to Alice. '' You are convincingly it seems. But if you like so yourself too ofcourse you can join.'' Evelyn didn't want anyone to join if they really didn't want themselve. But she figured the girl would perhaps gonna like it more. Or she was just holding back. '' You can sign up here.'' The blonde explained and took a giftbag although the girl didn't wanted it. '' Are you sure? You don't have to wear the bracelet all the time. But perhaps it is nice to look at when your older.'' Evelyn would really keep things from her school time, when she would have children of her own she could show it. But when the girl didn't want the giftbag she would leave it. She wasn't gonna force people with having it. It was just something extra. '' Sure grab one you like.'' Evelyn said with a smile about the cupcake that she wanted.

It took a little while before anyone approached the Hogwarts Monthly table, and Sophie was starting to get a little nervous. She could see girls swarming over to the Heta Omega stand, and the others seemed fairly busy as well. She bit the inside of her lip, and was a little sad when Arvel approached. Sophie assumed he was here to help out, but a stand with three people to help and no one to sign up was kind of sad. But when he walked up to her, he asked if they needed any more writers. He didn't look at her as he asked, nor did he look at Noemie. Sophie exhaled a small sigh, wondering what the boy was up to. She kind of liked Arvel, he reminded her a bit of herself. But that didn't mean she was going to let him off easy. "Did you forget you already write for the paper, or is your friend incapable of speaking for herself?" She asked, not sounding very impressed with either possibility. She glanced at the girl and realized to her dismay that it was the girl she had once been mean to, because she had been with Isaac at the Halloween party. Her sarcastic comment hadn't seemed so bad before, but now that she realized she and the girl had a past she quickly came to the realization that maybe she had messed up the first time someone wanted to sign up for the club since she took over. Sophie cleared her throat. "Sorry, uh, I mean, if she wants to join she can. I mean, you can." She said addressing the girl before glancing at Noemie for help. "Noemie here will help you out." She decided. She noticed Caro waving at her and waved back, but was more relieved to see a small girl approach their table. Noemie could take care of the awkward situation for now, and Sophie would deal with that later. "That's great." She told the girl as she said she wanted to join the newspaper. It wasn't the most enthusiastic response, but she was still very aware of the Hufflepuff girl with Arvel and the fact that she had been a bit cowardly in pushing Noemie at them. "You can sign up here. You'll start out as an intern." She said, handing the girl a sign up sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back