• First time accessing HNZ in a long, long, time?
    You must reset your password! Before accessing your account(s) you must submit a password reset using the username of the account you wish to recover.
    If you don't see the email, please check your junk folder!

Character Spotlight!

Daisy Parker

| Cheeky | Strong-Willed | Dog Trainer

OOC First Name
Donna
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Hello my lovelies!!

It is once again that time of the month! The spotlight is when a particular character, as well as it's biography has stood out to site staff, and the work put in by the RPer we feel should be acknowledged. So that others may take inspiration from the way this particular character has been developed.

This month, join me in congratulating the character that has been selected is Ainsley Lynch, who is RPed by the lovely Rowan! If you have a moment, do take the time to read through her biography!

As per usual, we asked Rowan to answer a couple of questions for us,

What was your initial thought when you were contacted about being spotlighted?
A very long 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' I sent Donna :p

What was the inspiration for your character?
Bits and pieces of different things. The original thought was to make someone similar to Aisling Fincham, a character I made in 2010 right before I had to leave the site & never had a chance to play. From there I started developing her more based on my childhood being homeschooled, and thinking about how I would play someone who had been isolated from kids their own age for her whole life. I loved the thought of her having her own idea of what a witch is from books, and having to adjust to the real thing being completely different :p

What is your favourite RP that your character has taken part in?
Oh man that's hard. Any with Amber are special, and I've really loved all the Ollivanders threads now she's working there. If the Whole World Was Watching will always be special to me though.

What is your favourite aspect of your character?
Her curiosity, I think. Ainsley likes to understand things through and through, and she's never quite satisfied with a simple explanation. She's fascinated with where magic comes from in the first place, and always trying to dig and find out more.

Your least favourite aspect?
This is a bit of me projecting my own flaws onto her, but she really struggles with complex social situations, and often can't really figure out why people are feeling the way they're feeling until she's had time away from the situation to think about it. It's fun to explore through writing, but I also often get mad at myself in the process whenever Ainsley's fumbling her way through conflict xD

If you could meet your character in real life would you want to? Why or why not?
Absolutely! She could give me some gardening tips, and we could chat about books :D

What do you feel your strength in developing characters is?
I usually try to come in with a really clear picture of a person's personality, and I try to make all my characters distinct from each other. I like to write a variety of very different people, and I feel like I do a good job of that most of the time.

Your weakness?
While I come in with a fully formed personality most of the time, I often struggle to connect it to a backstory. I feel like my backstories are often weak and underdeveloped, and it's something I need to get better at, working backwards to figure out where someone came from to flesh them out.

What would you recommend to those looking to further develop their characters?
Draw from real life. Take quirks and personality traits and inspirations from people you know, characters in books, on tv, youtube, whatever. Take different ideas you like and rearrange them like puzzle pieces to make a new person. Also, keep the character's age in mind. Most characters on HNZ are school age, they're still children, they've got time to develop into the people you want them to be. Developing an arc for a character who changes and evolves over time is really fun, and makes for a dynamic character.

What are you most looking forward to on HNZ in the next several months?
Aaah man I dunno, I just want to enjoy the last few months of Ainsley and Lizzie having Not Graduated Yet ;_; they grow up so fast

What is your favourite part of HNZ?
Getting into a plotting frenzy with someone, when you're both in the zone coming up with idea after idea and building something really exciting, then getting to write it out and see it come to fruition. I can never get enough of that :D
Congratulations again Rowanclaw!

~Donna :donna:
~On behalf of the staff site

Amber Chou Wilson

Hard working | Friendly | Fashionable | Hufflepuff

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual (Ainsley)
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Omg yes!!! Ainsley! :D:D:D

So deserved, she's an amazing character. I don't think anyone is surprised when I say I love her, but I do :p

Congrats Rowan! I know it's sad that they're graduating, but think of all the cool post-graduation plots in their futures :D

Professor Monty Pendleton

Inventor | Potions 1-4 | Adoptive Father | Deputy

OOC First Name
Claire
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Rigid Walnut Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
CONGRATS ROWAN!!! :party: Ainsley is a superb character. Also ugh it's true, they grow up so fast :cry:

Samuel Phillips

Part-Veela | Artist | Scrivenshafts Owner

OOC First Name
Annaleise
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2" Flexible Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
AWW YAY :party:

Congrats! Ainsley is an amazing character and you’ve done lots of great things with her! Very well deserved :hug:

Stella Wright

Space girl | SCIENCE! | question everything

OOC First Name
Jasmine
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Unyielding Beech Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
EEEEEEEEEEEEE AINSLEY WOOOOO!!

Congratulations Rowan! This is really well deserved, Ainsley is such a lovely character :D

Ainsley Lynch

queen of flowers | head in the clouds | 6'2"

OOC First Name
Rowan
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Flexible Pine Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Thank you guys so much :wub: This has made my whole week, I'm so happy!

Ainsley is NEVER ALLOWED TO GRADUATE

OOC First Name
L O V I
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Yew Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Whoa whoa! Congrats Rowan!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)