Treasure Hunt!

that awkward moment when you realise you were on the site before quite a few of the staff. :unsure: - 4th October 2008.

Okay, so to clarify.

I'm going to open this task to re-joining posts as the difference seemed to be confusing people, so both re-joining posts and joining posts qualify. @Adorah Zumwalt that post is a question post, rather than introducing/re-introducing myself to the site, so it wouldn't count.

@Ainsley Lynch forgot to respond to your question last night, but yes that counts as she's coming back to the site.

This round is designed to be one of the harder ones, as some staff members won't have made posts that are applicable, and others will have posted with other characters which are harder to find. There are less available that fit the brief, and so it's likely not everyone will be able to find one that fits, but that's the nature of the game. We've gotta make it harder to find as we go on.

Also, here are the points tallied from round eight!

Stefan Archer8
Elliot Briar8
Amber Chou Wilson8
Ainsley Lynch8
Willow Cullen8
November Albertson2
Mark Ross7
Adorah Zumwalt8
Professor Monty Pendleton1
Lyla Edwards8

It might help if we had a list for some of the former staff members somewhere because I'm not quite sure what to go off of (like I could assume who was an admin based on posts, but I'm not quite positive). Is there a list like that somewhere?

at one stage was there a welcome thread where you just posted a reply to instead of your own thread. as I am sure that is what I did. but I may have posted in the wrong place.

A lot of the staff are people with their own emoticons., not always some people got them from competitions. but it is a good starting point. ( think I have them right. but I am not promising)
past and present staff: :cyndi:nick::emzies::donna::kait::maia::claire::liv::kaitlyn::lovi::pat::marga:
Competition winners/other awards : :annaleise::jesse::mia::mike::mintzy::tony::linda:

This is a hilarious way to keep track of staff. Thanks xD Mia

Edit: So, based on the emoticons, Lovi used to be staff. Here's one by here.

Last edited:
AND that's round nine! Here are the points:

Stefan Archer9
Elliot Briar9
Amber Chou Wilson9
Ainsley Lynch9
Willow Cullen9
November Albertson2
Mark Ross7
Adorah Zumwalt9
Lyla Edwards9

Now, this next one could prove interesting, because there's specific places you cannot get your answers from..

Round Ten: Find an IC reference to Harry Potter, the character (that is not from a lesson.)

So, for this you need to find a reference to Harry Potter/the boy who lived/the chosen one, but it CANNOT be from a lesson, and since he's mentioned in both the DADA and History of Magic curriculum, it may mean a lot of sifting. That said, those are not the only two classes you cannot pull from; the post can't be from any class at all, it must be from a non-lesson roleplay.

Does the time Sophie dressed up as him for Halloween count? :p

specifically mentions Harry Potter in that post within that thread

Woot!

Woo

I feel like this is cheating a bit.

Not at all!

Edit: As in that it's not cheating at all xD

Annd that's round ten, apologies for the late post, my data pack ran out and that's my only source of internet, but all is sorted now.

The next task is...

Round Eleven: Find a post containing an unforgivable curse

Now, for this task, you cannot use lessons, it must be a post where an unforgivable curse is used, so not in a lesson, but in an outside-class roleplay.

Also, if anyone has late submissions tomorrow night after the usual deadline, please PM them to me as I don't want to deprive anyone of the 24 hour time limit, and apologies again about the delay in this post, this day was a comedy of errors. I will post the points tally in the morning, and have everything up to date!

"A light crucio"

there is a "Avada Ke...." here as well as a crucio

Okay, so playing catch up, first we have the points post-round ten:

Stefan Archer10
Elliot Briar10
Amber Chou Wilson10
Ainsley Lynch10
Willow Cullen10
November Albertson2
Mark Ross7
Adorah Zumwalt10
Lyla Edwards9

I'm now going to close round eleven, but due to the delay, if anyone has a post they'd like to submit, they can PM it to me in the next four hours and I'll add it to the tally.

The point post-round eleven are:

Stefan Archer10
Elliot Briar11
Amber Chou Wilson11
Ainsley Lynch11
Willow Cullen11
November Albertson2
Mark Ross7
Adorah Zumwalt11
Lyla Edwards9

Now, on to round twelve, and our regularly scheduled programming.

Round Twelve: Find a topic in which two or more professors discuss a student/students.
For this, we're looking for topics where teachers talk about students, it can be gossip, it can be grades related, so long as it's a conversation between professors about their pupil(s.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back