Making it your last fight

Andrew Bruke

Andrew had fled once again from New Zealand, tonight it was because he was angry, very angry on himself for having hurt Adira and betraying her.He had put her in dilemma and if she wouldn't chose him, it would be his fault, all his fault. He cursed himself under his breath and swore at anyone that came into his path, tonight he was dangerous. He was somewhere in the outskirts of Bulgaria, he didn't know why he had apparated here of all places but he was looking for some place to be alone and this had popped into his mind. An old bar on the outskirts of Bulgarian mountains. He was going to drown himself in alcohol because the guilt he felt right now was too much to bear.

He ordered himself a whiskey and drank up his first glass and ordered another one. The bartender advised him to go slow and he got sworn at and then scurried away to make Andrew's drink. The conversation he had tonight with Adira when he had popped into the Ater still was going on in his mind, how he had made her angry and sad when she knew he had betrayed her, he felt like killing himself.

Ben flicked his hair slightly, it was quite chilly to him as he had been inside for a few weeks reading and helping his baby brother with magic related things, so he decided to leave his wand at home, which may have been a silly idea, but he was not to know, he pulled his black coat closer to himself and walked into an old bar, it was quite nice and the drinks here were good, and it was far away from magic, something that had started to annoy Ben since he had practically swallowed himself in it he thought he should take a huge brake and go muggle for a few days.

Ben felt strange without his brother, if Ben went out anywhere Jack would be choosing the location, or at least by his side, he was sure he had an aura around him that told others that he was missing someone at his side, he sat down next to a brunette man, he had to be around Bens age, and he looked terrible, Ben bit his lip, he was not sure if he should pry into the guys life but Ben being his usual self without Jacks advice to help him decided to try and help the guy as best he could. “Hey are you OK?” He asked looking at the guy next to him.

Andrew waited impatiently for his second drink. As the old bar tender walked slowly back to the counter with his drink Andrew grabbed him by the collar grind his teeth and spoke ,his tone sharp and his voice low. "Will takes ages will you? Doing your work as you please?" he asked as he watched the muggle bar tender frighten away and scurry back into the kitchen sending other waiters to attend the customer. He took a big gulp of his drink before he heard someone talk to him.

A stranger, a boy about his age asking if he was okay. "No, I'm not. Anything you can do about it?"he asked the boy, his emerald eyes raging as he stared daggers at the boy who didn't seem like he was taught to mind his own business. It was a bout midnight and snow was falling making it very chilly in this area. Andrew pulled his coat closer to him and put up his hood and took another big gulp of his drink. Why wouldn't people leave him alone, what was it with them? Would they be able to do anything if he was not okay? Why did they ask, he could never understand the bloody muggles.

Ben watched as the bartender scurried away from the guy he was speaking to, poor muggle he was old and to Ben he was not extremely slow, then again Ben had alot of patience when it came to people, he turned to the guy again. “No.” He said simply, though if he had the right ingredients he could probably make a potion to make the guy feel better, but he was not just about to say that in a muggle bar. “But Im sure talking about it or anything really is better than getting drunk over it.” He reasoned, he couldn’t get why muggles thought their problems would come to an end if they become drunk and did something stupid, sometimes Ben felt he could write a book about the stupidity of muggles and their muggle ways. Ben got a slight chill and pulled his coat closer, damn weather...

Andrew frowned and finished what remained of his drink before ordering another. He heard the muggle boy say 'no', he couldn't believe the boy was under the impression that Andrew was going to share his stories with him. "I do things my way" he snarled at the boy as he held the boy's t-shirt and pulled him closer and then Andrew whispered "No muggle will tell me when I ought to drink." Andrew pushed the boy forcefully hoping he would have a fall and leave, for his own good. He sipped his third drink, Adira's sad face still zooming in his mind, all his fault.

Ben watched as the guy seemed to get further agitated, he suspected that the guy was not a very nice guy, but this did not stop Ben from trying to help him, he also suspected that the alcohol was having an effect on his thoughts, he frowned when the guy held him by his shirt but he was slightly shocked that he was called a muggle, but he still managed to stop himself falling. “I am no muggle.” He said, fixing his posture and facing the guy once again.

Andrew watched, staring daggers and frowning as he watched the boy prevent his fall and say he was no muggle. "I'm sure you're close then, mudblood or muggle lover" he said and spat at him. He didn't understand why the guy wouldn't just leave him alone and mind his own business. "What is it with you filthy sort, can't you for once not stick your nose in other people's business?"he questioned the boy angrily.

Ben watched the guy get even angrier; he had no idea why he was getting so angry, he was only trying to help. Ben was slightly disgusted when the guy spat at him, he was rather rude. “I’m sure you dont give a crap.” He said in a not too kind manner, this guy was getting on Ben’s nerves, he was trying to help. “What is it with you that makes you think you can label everyone that steps in the same room as you? Are you really that stuck up? Or are you just stupid?” Ben asked back. The guy had gone too far.

Andrew swore at the guy and then said "Of course blood matters to me, unlike you and others who would go licking muggles if they were given a chance." His fingers gripped the wand that lay inside the pocket of his robes. If this guy didn't understand the easy way Andrew would just have to explain him the hard way. "I label everyone according to their standard in my eyes and to you, I would give the lowest rank, probably lower than a hag" he said careless of his harsh words. "You've gone far too much mister, calling me stupid was the last mistake you do" he said as anger shot into his emerald eyes. In a swift movement, in less than a second he shouted "Crucio" his wand pointed at the boy.

Ben glared at the man before him as he swore. He was slowing getting into a worse mood. Considering he had been very cheerful only hours before, this was quite a sudden change. “Blood status is something, only weaklings like you, would care about.” He said grittily as he tried to hold his anger. After all, he had no wand. He could see the twitch of the man’s hand and wished he had his own wand with him. It had been quite silly of him to think he could have one simple day to himself. Magic free in a muggle bar for a few hours. How silly of him to have such thoughts. It’s not like other wizards can do it anyway. “As I said before, that simply makes you a weakling, mister I-know-all-there-is-to-know-in-the-world guy.” Even in a tense situation, Ben was still attempting to keep the situation from escalating any further with an attempt at humour. “Stupid? Is that all I said, I also meant, Weak, Idiotic and Useless.” He said, Jack getting the better of him. Ben saw the quick movement and heard the spell the guy casted, but he did not put it together until he felt a simmering pain, everywhere in his body, he tried his best to bottle it all up but within a few seconds he was on the ground screaming in pain, he could no longer see as his eyes were closed and he was unable to open them. He could no longer hear over his screams. His throat was dry and tearing apart from all the screaming he had done within a few seconds, but he still could not stop.

Andrew laughed, an evil air in his voice. "I am not weak, you are" he said as he watched the guy being tortured in pain. "This" he said as he pointed to him, referring to his state of being tortured. "Only proves that. No wand eh? No fighting back, squib are you?"he said and laughed more. He wished this boy would be an example to others who were trying to put a fight against him, all would have the same end. "Any last wishes?"he asked and snickered as he lifted the curse of the boy for a minute before torturing him again.

Ben couldn’t hear what the guy was saying, all he could tell was that the pain was slowly going away, very very slowly. After a few minutes he could hear what the guy was saying, rolling his eyes he could not answer, he was not a squib, he had just decided that he deserved a break from school, magic and his brother for one night. He just had to choose a bar that contained an angry wizard in it, how silly of him to leave his wand at home. Someone up there must hate him. “I wouldn’t mind some ice-cream.” He said, he was being cocky, chances were he was going to die so why actually waste time thinking of something when chances were it was not going to be done anyway?

Andrew heard the boy's request, of course he wasn't going to get him icecream, he wasn't a house elf. "I could give you but it would melt by the time you reached hell" he said as his emerald eyes reflected pure evil in there. "Avada Kedvra" he said and a jet green bolt of spark came from his wand and hit the boy square in his chest and he then lay lifeless, like Andrew had expected, just the way he had seen his father die when he had killed him a year back.

Just as Ben had expected, his request would not be fulfilled, he did not care. Who would want ice-cream when it was cold? When Ben looked into the strangers cold emerald eyes and heard the curse leave his lips, the world around him seemed to slow. But so did he. All Ben could think about was his family, it was a cliché thought of a dying man but it is the most important subject in a person’s heart and mind. The first person Ben thought about was his twin brother Jack, he hated him so much sometimes, he would get Ben into so much trouble and would always slide through life with relative ease, and at times they would be mistaken as each other. But no matter what Jack did Ben still had a love hate relationship with him; it was after all hard to fully hate Jack. The next two people he thought about were his two older sisters, Abbey and Lisa. Ben had not seen them for a long time, but he knew Lisa had a little girl named Lucy, while Abbey was travelling the world with her husband, he missed them alot. He then thought about Tess, Tamalia and Amanra, they were great little sisters, they bickered alot about silly things but they were still siblings. But the person that would be affected the most would probably be his baby brother Samual, Samual was not a baby, but he was the youngest and was the nicest of them all, Ben did not want Samual to be hurt but it was un avoidable at the moment, hopefully they would not miss him too much...
When Ben came back from his thoughts, the spell was right in front of his chest. ‘Love you all’ he thought before the spell went through his chest and everything went black...

OOCOut of Character:
Guess I should tell them that he died now :r

Andrew watched with a satisfied smile as the last breath left the guy and then he apparated to his apartment in NewZealand to sleep off all that had happened tonight.

END​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back