Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Hello HNZ!

It is that time of the month once again! It is time for another character spotlight! As site staff, we are constantly looking for characters that have nicely done biographies and are well-developed characters on the site, and our character this month is another great example of this!

Please join me in congratulating Kiersten for her character, Adorah Zumwalt! She's got an awesome biography, and we can't wait to see her character grow over her time at Hogwarts. Below you will find the thoughts and advice from Kiersten when we told her that her character had been chosen.

What was your initial thought when you were contacted about being spotlighted?
Well, I was checking HNZ at work (oops!) and freaked out. I cursed in my office, but thankfully, all the summer camp kids didn't hear me. It was a wonderful surprise. I was just surprised that it was sent to the right person.

What was the inspiration for your character?
I think I wanted a character who was very similar to me so I could get back in writing. I was on HNZ about 10 years ago when I was a teenager, and it's been a while since I embodied a character in this way. Adorah presents a lot of qualities (good and bad) that I see in myself, but of course, she's still vastly different.

What is your favourite RP that your character has taken part in?
Probably Time for a Lil' Snack with Aiden Briggs or Adventurous Astronomers with Elliot Briar. Adventurous Astronomers never finished due to me, but it was the first time I felt like Adorah could actually be her true self in front of someone that wasn't family.

The one with Aiden was rather fun because I learned so much about Adorah and how she reacts to situations. Aiden pushed her, which I think is great!

What is your favourite aspect of your character?
I enjoy how Adorah's backstory seems to affect most of her everyday decisions than my other characters. The idea of her family and their newly rocky relationships usually ends up in every roleplay, whether through her personal thoughts or by dialogue. It's quite fun to continue that relationship even though she's in school.

Your least favourite aspect?
Gosh, how hard it is for her to make friends (a similarity to me, unfortunately). It drives me crazy, but she just struggles with making connections which can make it hard to RP.

If you could meet your character in real life would you want to? Why or why not?
I think I would definitely want to meet her, but I'm not sure that we would be close friends or anything. Two severe introverts make friendships difficult. :lol:

What do you feel your strength in developing characters is?
My degree is in theatre, and I've done shows for the past 15 years. I think having that experience in bringing a character to life onstage has assisted in roleplaying, and vice versa.

Your weakness?
I think I'm scared to try new things or make my characters too complicated sometimes in the fear that they're going to be too boring.

What would you recommend to those looking to further develop their characters?
I'm probably not a good person to ask, but I suppose something that has helped me is truly getting into the character's headspace and feeling like the character. I try to make sure that I can write as that character or I don't reply (unless it's really been a while) so I can genuinely post as them. Maybe that's something everyone does, and I didn't realize it... but I literally try to type the roleplay as if I am them in that moment... if that makes sense.

What are you most looking forward to on HNZ in the next several months?
I think I'm looking forward to the new school year more than anything. The fall is less busy for me IRL, and I can't wait to develop my characters more. Plus, I have another student this year.

What is your favourite part of HNZ?
I think the community is really wonderful - 10 years later, I still wanted to come back to this site. It's nice that this time around, I feel more confident in actually chatting with people OOC.

Amber Chou Wilson

💗 Friendly | Gladrags Shopkeeper | 2048 Grad💗

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual (Ainsley)
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Congrats Kiersten! Very well deserved, I really need to RP with Adorah, she's great!

Elliot Briar

American | Softie | Nervous™

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
10 1/2 Inch Alder Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Congrats, Kiersten, definitely well deserved :claire:. I was just thinking earlier who might have spotlight for August and that it should be you 👀.

I've loved rping with Adorah and learning her personality and quirks, she's a great character!

Ainsley Lynch

🌼head in the clouds🌼6'3"🌼 🌼ollivanders asst🌼

OOC First Name
Rowan
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Amber ) ( Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Flexible Pine Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Congratulations Kiersten, this is so well deserved! Adorah is amazing, and I've loved both RPing with her and lurking her threads around the site! :party:

Samuel Phillips

Part-Veela | Artist | Scrivenshafts Owner

OOC First Name
Annaleise
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2" Flexible Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
Congrats!! :D Adorah is an awesome character !

Asaiah Murphy

Impulsive | Macaws Beater

OOC First Name
Steven
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Rigid Cypress Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Congratulations! :party:

Professor Monty Pendleton

Inventor | Potions 1-4 | Adoptive Father | Deputy

OOC First Name
Claire
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Rigid Walnut Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Congratss Kiersten!!! :party: :wub: Adorah is such a great and lovable character, I can't wait to RP with her again hehe

I try to make sure that I can write as that character or I don't reply (unless it's really been a while) so I can genuinely post as them.
And I tootally get this!! I have to be picturing the scene from my character's eyes to write them haha!

Noel Waldgrave

Injustice Warrior ⚔️ | Loyal | Social | Determined

OOC First Name
Jamie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Straight 13 Inch Alder Wand 13 3/4" With Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Congratulations!! :D :D Looking forward to the plot between us!

Stefan Archer

Head Librarian

OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2" Sturdy Fir Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
So, you've said that the character is very similar to yourself, do you think it's easier to RP on occasions when it's more familiar? Have there been instances when the character reacted in a way that you didn't expect?

Adorah Zumwalt

Adopted - Astronomy Fanatic - Anxiety Ridden

OOC First Name
Kiersten
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Vine Wand 12 3/4" Dragon Heartstring Core
Stefan Archer said:
So, you've said that the character is very similar to yourself, do you think it's easier to RP on occasions when it's more familiar? Have there been instances when the character reacted in a way that you didn't expect?
I would say yes, Emzies. The more she has grown as a character, the less and less she is like me (maybe just more exaggerated in some ways). Recently, I was surprised by how her anxiety came out when she met Elliot in the ice cream parlour. I didn't expect it to manifest in that way, but it just kind of happened. I'm still learning with her!

Chante Ateara

Smol Giantess (6'2) 👩‍🍳 6th Year 🍮 F&B Asst

OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
13' Applewood Core of Meteorite Dust
What would you recommend to those looking to further develop their characters?
I'm probably not a good person to ask, but I suppose something that has helped me is truly getting into the character's headspace and feeling like the character. I try to make sure that I can write as that character or I don't reply (unless it's really been a while) so I can genuinely post as them. Maybe that's something everyone does, and I didn't realize it... but I literally try to type the roleplay as if I am them in that moment... if that makes sense.
This is good advice! :r

Congrats, Kiersten. I'm going to bug you for a thread! ^^

Nicolas King

"I am the hero who eats the lesser man..."

OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Is Adorah more a tartan or polkadot kind of person? Why?

Adorah Zumwalt

Adopted - Astronomy Fanatic - Anxiety Ridden

OOC First Name
Kiersten
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Vine Wand 12 3/4" Dragon Heartstring Core
Is Adorah more a tartan or polkadot kind of person? Why?
Such an interesting question! I would say more of a tartan person. She likes a lot of hand-me-downs. Polka dots would be too fashionable for her, and she doesn't want to stand out. Most polka-dots are noticeable from a long distance, but with tartan, you can potentially blend in better. Thanks for the question, Nick!

Elliot Briar

American | Softie | Nervous™

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
10 1/2 Inch Alder Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
I'm excited to see how things go with Adorah now that her sister is at school! Do you feel her having another magical sibling is going to affect her development more positively or negatively with the issues in her family around her magic?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)