Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (Lizzie)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Boomslang venom Core
HNZ's Birthday is a time for celebration, and celebrating the things we love on HNZ.

So it's time to make a list of your Top 14's on HNZ! I've made my list as Favorite Characters of Others, Favorite RPs (not specifically that I've been a part of, just in general!), and Favorite Characters of Mine. You don't have to follow my format, these can be anything - from your favorite quotes, to your favorite characters (yours and others), favorite couples, to your favorite RPs. If you are feeling extra ambitious, you can do a top 14s of specific categories!

Here are my Top 14s, in no particular order!

I keep putting off posting here because I want to make a bunch of top 14 lists, but I think I'll just start with two for now and post more later :D I always love these lists

Top 14 characters that aren't my own:
- Ainsley Lynch
- Daisy Parker
- Professor Monty Pendleton
- Jacob Kingsley
- Norton Gillespie
- Rory Fergusson
- Kauri Tipene
- Willow Cullen
- Evelyn Manning
- Elliot Briar
- Adorah Zumwalt
- Lily Lockwood
- Hayley Eldrige
- Sydney Townsend

Top 14 characters to write (will change very often but atm: )

- Tristan Collins
- Abian Hunter
- Sophie Wilson
- April Ward
- Alice Holland
- Phoebe Holland
- Fleur van Houten
- Amy Ward
- Eric Holland
- Jasper Night
- Lars van Houten
- Diana Holland
- Rose Holland
- Odette Madison

Maybe more to come!

Last edited:
Top fourteen songs that remind me of HNZ. and why.

1. Yellow - Colplay. This song has become the theme song for Madlyn and Chayton's relationship. as Chayton would do anything for Madlyn. to him she is the sun, yellow is their colour. it is the colour of hufflepuff. madlyns favorite colour.
  2. See you again - Miley Cyrus.this one wasn't one of my songs. but while we are on the topic of Chayton and Madlyn this is the song that fir the feeling of. their first meeting. in Solen, North Dakota
  3. Mamma knows best - Jesse J (preferable acoustic version). at about the time this song was released Morgan Le Fey was adopting every lonely child being a mother to them. so this song sort of fit her even though the tone isn't quite right for her.
  4. Haunted - Evanescence. This song makes me think of my seers. especially times in both morgan and Elvera's life when they have both spent an extended amount of time alone in self-imposed solitude with just their visions for company. tings that had been and could have been. "long lost words whisper slowly to me" and her breaking away in order to find and rescue her mum
  5. Stong - London grammar, a similar feeling to the song before. when i first heard it i misheard the lyrics as excuse me for a while, while i am wide-eyed but so damn cold in the middle. which sums Elvera up in this vulnerable time for her after she was told she would never be able to have children.
  6. black Roses red - Alana grace. This song makes me think of Elvera and Icarus. she was so closed to the idea of love but she started to love him. and it is a song that shows her vulnerability.
  7. Anything but ordinary - Avril Lavigne. a young theme song for briar as she really didn't want to be normal fitting in seemed boing to her.
  8. We found love - Rhianna. This song specifically fits to the RP Wolfsbane and mistletoe. once again another song that wasn't mine. but it is how the two werewolves both lost in their life and ashamed of who they are and hopeless foud each other.
  9. We are young - Fun. after Briar and Dederick broke up briar went to the leaky cauldron to welcome in the new year the actual RP didn't amount to much but there was a lot of skype chat about it. about how Dederick would be there too and see her having fun with someone else and this song would be effectively be from his point of view. "My lover, she's waiting for me just across the barMy seat's been taken by some sunglasses asking 'bout a scar And I know I gave it to you months ago I know you're trying to forget"fit so well.
  10. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga. Briar realising that she wanted to be with Dederick no matter what the problems were.
  11. Running with Wolves - Aurora. I don't think that one needs an explanation
  12. Ignorance - Paramore. The song willow performed for the talent show. sort of a shout out to how she felt the world treated her and her family.
  13. Rhiannon - Fleetwood Mac. The song Rhiannon was named after.
  14. Mercy - Mø. the only one on the list that doesn't relate to my characters. but it always makes me think of Cyndi and Cam. it came out at about the time they were breaking up. and it just resonated with the RP.
  15. Bonus entry (that I forgot about when constructing the list) Hustle - P!nk It just sums up Alyce to a tee. her song used to be $1ut like you also by p!nk but I really like the song hustle at the moment so it has changed.

top 14 characters. (6 of mine and 8 others)

Elvera Le Fey
Briar Rowan-Cullen
Rhiannon McGowan
Willow Cullen
Selene Le Fey
Tara Sitara

Madlyn Ateara (I almost wrote margera)
Chante Ateara
Professor Cyndi Kingsley
Stefan Archer
Jaden west
Minoas Stratis
Saphire Bookchild
Fleur Van Houten

Top 14 RP's - a couple more to come

Rown-Cullen's
Michchiefs or sorts two misfits escape the castle for the shade of the forest
Dancing with the Arachnids one boy gets followed into the forrest by a prefect and they both end up flying from acromantular
Two Teenagers on a mountain at night, a recepie for disaster, Briar goes camping and has a bite and stew
Wolfsbane and mistletoe not wantign to return to her family Briar hangs out with a boy she met during the winter break
Room 101. sometimes you have to face your worst fear

The Le Fey Family
So it be A history of the Le Fey Family is revieled
Face to face. some more of the Le Fey history comes up. and who who want's a predictable graduation
Admission of everything a young runaway and a professor meet in a chance encounter.
The Tower an artifact is hidden in a tower
A tale of life and Death it takes death and a near-death experience to bring about a change in life

The Ateara's
solen, north Dakota, a set up?
Look how they shine for you The perfect date, and a giant question

Last edited:
Omg I love this song idea, Mia, and now want to work on my own list. :wub:

Top 14 Characters of Others (in no particular order)
  • Tristan Collins
  • Kauri Tipene
  • Sydney Townsend
  • Professor Monty Pendleton
  • Rory Fergusson
  • Nixon Mercury
  • Ainsley Lynch
  • Jacob Kingsley
  • Professor Angel Castillo
  • Sierra Woodlock
  • Cyzarine Haden
  • Harley Tsuji
  • Jasper Night
  • Lily Lockwood
Top 14 RPs I've Been In (sorted by character)

Oh man I like that playlist idea so much! Need to start digging through my Many HNZ playlists :p For now though, here's a list! (In no particular order) (Also I feel like I could write 14 lists of favourite characters alone I missed SO MANY characters I really enjoy!)

Top 14 Other People's Characters
  • Tristan Collins
  • Odette Madison
  • Hayley Elridge
  • Madeline Kaimarama
  • Elliot Briar
  • Daisy Parker
  • Flavio Morales
  • Archie Renner
  • Jacob Kingsley
  • Chante Ateara
  • Professor Monty Pendleton
  • Rory Fergusson
  • Lilyanna Hope
  • November Albertson

I love character dynamics so, in no particular order, I’ve got my top relationships (not involving my chars), romantic or otherwise.

Top 14 Relationships
  • Monty and Jon - I think the thread where Jon left really cemented a longtime friendship dynamic that I really enjoyed reading.
  • Nixon and Arvel - A disaster, and I love disasters.
  • Theodore and Edmund Westwick - Love codependent relationships, especially less than good ones. And their first drama thread was one of the first threads I got super invested in when I first joined.
  • Harley, Hayley, and Rose - I love friendgroups, especially ones that have been together for so long. Their fight and the recent dynamic change has been so fun to read this year.
  • Tristan and Vivian - Such a bad relationship but I live for the drama.
  • Lizzie and Jacob - Yess mentor/found family dynamics give me life
  • Phineas and Uno - Their friendship cracks me up, especially catty comments on profile posts
  • Tristan and Jerara - Especially this year, I love their complicated dynamic
  • Kahurangi, Matt, and Lillian - Teacher squad is precious
  • Lily, Rose, and Ren - The Lockwood family dynamic is so fun, and I have such a soft spot for Rose and her fury protectiveness and how her siblings handle it.
  • Misha and Kalif - Does it need to be said why? I love them.
  • Amber and Ainsley - Relationship goals, I just love how genuine their relationship is and how they’re written together
  • Arvel and Analei - Some of the friendships on this site just feel so real and organic and these two are one of them
  • Shane and anyone (Shane please slow down) - I have said on multiple occasions how much I love how shameless Shane is when it comes to making out with strangers.

Oh no I’m gonna have to do a relationships set too now

That’s such a good idea Kris

The song idea is GREAT!
I'm going to steal it xD
I often listen to songs when roleplaying, to get me in character.

1. Toxic, Britney Spears: Habitually used this for Danton Howard, the early years. It was one of my favourites, because I found it really funny? Knowing that Danton would sooner die than listen to Britney Spears made it all the better.
  2. You Matter To Me, from the musical Waitress. This one I listened to a fair bit for Sara/Mason moments, it's just so tender, and their relationship is my favourite romantic relationship I've rped.
  3. Love Song, Sara Bareilles: This was very Sara in the lost years, I felt quite bad for her, and I'm actually realising a lot of my Sara songs were Sara Bareilles vibes.
  4. Obsolete, Regina Spektor: I listened to this one for Satchel Howard a fair bit, I feel bad for how sad I made him.
  5. I Always Get What I Want by Avril Lavigne: Big 'ol Daniella Howard mood right here.
  6. Cry by Kelly Clarkson, but listened to the Glee Version: Also there;s been a LOT of Glee over the years. But this was for Louisa Clark, she was the character I probably had the richest backstory for going into sorting, (maybe tying with Liam Kale,) the others kind of developed over time, but I'd a real sense of who she was.
  7. Through the Dark, One Direction: I was never really much of a 1D fan, but my best friends were, and made Liam Kale with Liam Payne as a pb probably because of that, and I remember listening to this when creating Catherine Kale as an idea, (before she was a character,) because I thought this was what their relationship would be like.
  8. Roar, Katy Perry: This was another Liam one, I used to listen to this for him, because it felt like his kind of recklessness.
  9. Just Give me a Reason, Fun, but again the Glee version: I remember I listened to this during Mason and Sara's fight when she found out about his past relationship.
  10. Somewhere Only We Know, again the Glee version (We :wub: the warblers, guys.: This was what I listened to when Sara and Mason were moving in together. The song's lyrics really didn't fit the mood? But I felt like the melody did?
  11. Gives You Hell, All American Rejects: I used to listen to this for rps when Louisa was angry (Also I accidentally named her after the character from Me Before you, which was a total accident, but maybe the trailer stuck in my head or something?) But, Louisa was angry a lot, so there we go.
  12. Sweet Nothing, Gabriella Aplin: This was another Louisa song, I felt like it was similar to her relationship to friendships, kind of disliking artifice. I feel like I listened to this when she roleplayed with Leo Benivieni?
  13. State of Grace, Taylor Swift: This I listened to fr a lot of Danielle and Gabrian's relationship. I think maybe it was the four blue eyes line, but theirs was a really cute romance.
  14. LITERALLY ALL OF GLEE, like I cannot emphasise how much Glee I've listened to over the years while rping, the limit does not exits.

I just had such a lovely wander down memory lane, went back and read a load of old roleplays, it was lovely!

okay so i'm doing a top 14 of moments/characters/things/just stuff thats happened - i'd do songs if i had the patience xD

1. Ouchie - Orwell&Archie
2. Avie's Death - and largely the old Lucien, Esme and Avie dynamic
3. the tristan and jerara friendship saga - also just Tristan Collins in general
4. any of the times i thought i broke the new site
5. Avaria Lockwood
6. passive aggressive hufflepuff reactions
7. any rp with Monty Pendleton
8. old school quidditch was a lot of fun
9. Samuel Phillips
10. the class of 2048 graduating :( cause that was a really fun year group
11. analei louw and her poetry
12. Misha Haden and Kalif Styx - Mislif or Kalisha?
13. the spin the bottle game topic
14. Jacob Kingsley

honourable mention to:
+1. that time when the site moved and i saw nodes in my nightmares for weeks.

Awhh these are so cute to read through! Here's my favourite 14 characters at the mo that are not mine (no particular order):

1. Analei Louw
2. Professor Monty Pendleton
3. Archie Renner
4. Jacob Kingsley
5. Uno Bear
6. Lysander Summers
7. Linnux Majors
8. Jon Phillips
9. Arvel Ayers
10. James Cade
11. Sophie Wilson
12. Nixon Mercury
13. Phineas Ellis
14. Lyra Potter

Ok I dug through my dozens of HNZ playlists, and here are 14 songs that make me think of HNZ, in no particular order :p (Under a spoiler because I talk too much and put way too much thought into character songs xD )
  • Deciphering Me - Brooke Fraser I've loved Brooke Fraser for years, and I stumbled on this song as an Ambsley one pretty early into me & Daph planning their arc. Ainsley and Amber are very different people, and especially early on their relationship involved a lot of learning one another's languages, so to speak. It's never come up IC but Ainsley is autistic (id 11755117) and she finds most other people extremely difficult to understand, and finds it difficult to make herself understood. Amber's always been the person who makes the most sense to her though, and the person who understands her best, and that sense of being safe around one another has always been a big component of their relationship.
Your telescope eyes see everything clearly
My vision is blurred but I know what I heard echoing all around
While I am tuning you in, you are deciphering me
Not such a mystery, not such a faint and far away sound

• Wrecking Ball - Mother Mother This is Harley's song, through and through. She's reckless, acts first and thinks later, and has a really strong destructive streak. That recklessness has both served her well and completely messed up her life in equal measures, and I always have this playing when she's making a risky decision.
I made a wreck of my hand
I put it through the wall
I made a fist and not a plan
Call me a reckless wrecking ball

• Feelings - Hayley Kiyoko This is a H-Leys song, and Jasmine was actually over at my house when we first saw the music video :p It struck us how much the model in the video looks like Hayley's PB (hence me giffing it for Harley's current av) and also the song is Great and I love it
I over-communicate and feel too much
I just complicate it when I say too much
I laugh about it, dream about that casual touch
*** is fire, sick and tired of acting all tough

• Bright Idea - Mother Mother This is Kauri's theme, and also literally the most optimistic song I've ever heard xD It pretty much sums up his philosophy, and the mindset I try to keep whenever I'm writing him.
Love is a bright idea
Love is a brilliant plan
I built my life around a bright idea
I built my life around the love that I've found

• Rose-Coloured Boy - Paramore A different angle on Kauri's optimism :p This is a Kauri and Tristan song, especially for where they're at right now. Kauri's outlook on things can for sure be grating, and Tristan's busy watching his entire world fall apart, which... is a situation that it's hard to be optimistic in. Having someone who always tries to see the best in things around isn't necessarily helpful. At the same time though, Kauri's genuinely a good person, and his willingness to help Tristan after everything is really driving home to Tristan that he could have had a better life if he had been a better person and made better choices :p
Rose-colored boy
I hear you making all that noise
About the world you want to see
And oh, I'm so annoyed
'Cause I just killed off what was left of the optimist in me

• Learn To Let Go - Kesha I actually can't listen to this song while I'm writing October because it makes me too upset xD October's life has been defined by the expectations put on her to always be working harder than everyone else from a very young age. She got herself out of that situation, but she has a lot of lingering inferiority issues that she's still dealing with, and learning to let go of her own high expectations of herself and focus on what makes her happy is still a big part of her arc.
The past can't haunt me if I don't let it
Live and learn and never forget it
Whoa, gotta learn to let it go

• The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us! - Sufjan Stevens Oh boy, I'm into my Vivian & Tristan playlist, gonna be here a while. This was a song from very early in their relationship, when they were first getting together, before Tristan was Like That :p It's a very sweet take on new, young love, but even then, there's something decidedly ominous in the song, the terrible sting and terrible storm lightly foreshadowing things to come.
Oh how I meant to tease him
Oh how I meant no harm
Touching his back with my hand I kiss him
I see the wasp on the length of my arm

• Love Love Love - Of Monsters and Men This song is more Tristan's perspective on their whole Thing. The tragedy of Tristan & Vivian was always that they really genuinely do love each other very much, and it's something that's only really hitting Tristan now that it's too late.
Well, maybe I'm a crook for stealing your heart away
Yeah, maybe I'm a crook for not caring for it
Yeah, maybe I'm a bad, bad, bad, bad person
Well, baby, I know

• Small Hands - Keaton Henson My Trivian playlist is VERY LONG but I'm only gonna include one more song from it :p This is a really good post-breakup song, and these verses later in the song remind me of Tristan & Vivian respectively dwelling on their own post-breakup feelings.
Please forget me, you were right dear,
I am cold and self-involved,
And though I'll miss you, recent lover
I am weak and therefore fold

Get distracted by my music,
Think of nothing else but art
I'll write my loneliness in poems,
If I can just think how to start

• Wild Child - Enya OK another Ainsley song. This was an early inspiration for her character as this wild kid who had very much just grown up doing her own thing, inventing her own magical world in her head and spending most of her time out in nature.
Ever close your eyes
Ever stop and listen
Ever feel alive
And you've nothing missing
You don't need a reason
Let the day go on and on

• A Hole In The Earth - Daughter This is from Shale's playlist, and I'm still working her out as a character, but in this stage she's dealing with a lot of loss and change and really struggling to feel settled in her own life. She's angry and hurting and doesn't know how to direct any of it, so she's choosing all the wrong directions.
You have buried childish qualities
Friend make sense of me, friend make sense of me
I have many destructive qualities
Friend make sense of me, friend make sense of me

• Meet Me In Space - Kesha This is from Zoe's playlist, and it is a BOP :p Zoe struggles quite a bit with the idea of growing up - she's always been the baby, and there's a lot she doesn't want to give up about her youth, which can lead to her being kind of childish at times. (Also, she loves space :p )
Sometimes, I feel I'm growing up
And somehow, the magic's turned to dust
And I don't, no I don't like it
And I'll die, I'll die trying to fight it

And I’ll share this forever endeavor with you
Never expecting what’s bound to come true
It’s always the mystery I’ve come to see
That brings out the best in the you and the me
"This post was way too long to read Rowan who did you even do this for???"
My Own Dang Self Okay :p

Favorite ships (in no order)
Rose/Kauri
Cyndi/Cameron
Tristan/Vivian
Noah/Evelyn
Avie/Esme/Lucien
Preston/Sergei
Desislav/Finn
Arvel/Analei
Styx/Haden
Alicastell/Summers
Chante/Willow
Onyx/Sapphire
Jacob/Lizzie
Jacob/Diana

Favorite ships (in no order)
Rose/Kauri
Cyndi/Cameron
Tristan/Vivian
Noah/Evelyn
Avie/Esme/Lucien
Preston/Sergei
Desislav/Finn
Arvel/Analei
Styx/Haden
Alicastell/Summers
Chante/Willow
Onyx/Sapphire
Jacob/Lizzie
Jacob/Diana

A certain omission from this list disappoints me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back