Madeline Kaimarama

🏞️ Adventurous 🌳 Leader 🌳 Dragon enthusiast 🐉
OOC First Name
Jasmine
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
There was only one rose on her list that Maddy had, from the moment she saw the name, not been looking forward to. Professor Styx was strict, and scary, and disapproved of just about any form of fun she could think of. She could not imagine why anyone would want to give him a rose; maybe he had a softer side, that he kept hidden from the students, but certainly Wills and Jasper didn't seem able to conceive of him having any friends, and they were in his house. So it was with great trepidation that Maddy knocked on his door. "Professor Styx?" She waited tensely for a response.

After burning the last two roses, albeit sent together, Professor Styx dropped by his study to grab something, then head over to his office. It was about two minutes after he sat down when he heard a knock and a voice. Great. He waved his hand and the door opened to reveal a Gryffindor. Another delivery? Who was it this time? “If this is about homework, you are a semester too late.” Kalif assumed what this would be about but, he had to be somewhat optimistic. This was, indeed, the most overrated holiday.

Maddy jumped as the door opened by itself. Now, that was cool. Despite her trepidation, of perhaps because of it, she giggled when Professor Styx said she was a semester too late. That was funny! Was it meant to be funny? It seemed to her like Professor Styx had deliberately made a joke. Maybe he wasn't so scary, after all. She would have to tell Jasper. In the meantime, though, she still had a delivery to make. "No, no, nothing like that. I have a rose for you!" Maddy stepped forward, awkwardly, and laid the rose and its accompanying note on the desk before him.

You’re my best friend! I didn’t tell anyone about your date, but you haven’t told me how it went.

Kalif sighed and took the rose and note. Just what he had been dreading. He read it and immediately his face soured, even more than it was normally. He gestured with his free hand for a candle to float in front of him. Kalif held the note and rose over the flame. He would never understand why people bothered when he normally discarded the bloody things. Perhaps it was to irritate him. Well, unfortunately, it worked.

Professor Styx didn't seem pleased, which was a shame, though not a surprise. Maddy's jaw dropped as he burned the note, startled, but enjoying the flicker of flame as it caught. "Wow! That was badass! Sir," she added hastily, lest that seem disrespectful. "Why'd you burn it, though? It just means someone likes you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back