• First time accessing HNZ in a long, long, time?
    You must reset your password! Before accessing your account(s) you must submit a password reset using the username of the account you wish to recover.
    If you don't see the email, please check your junk folder!

Character Spotlight

Stefan Archer

Head Librarian

OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2" Sturdy Fir Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Hello there folks!​
It is once again that time of the month! The spotlight is when a particular character, as well as it's biography has stood out to site staff, and the work put in by the RPer we feel should be acknowledged. So that others may take inspiration from the way this particular character has been developed.​
This month, the character that has been selected is Chante Ateara, who is RPed by the lovely Madz. If you have a moment, do take the time to read through her biography!
As per usual, we asked Madz to answer a couple of questions for us,​
What was your initial thought when you were contacted about being spotlighted?​
Aaaaaaagh! This is like Madlyn all over again, only it's her daughter. That's pretty cool!
What was the inspiration for your character?​
Madlyn, and then she started to become her own person. Like, I'm trying real hard to make her own person and not just follow a straight narrow path and make choices that I think she would take along the way. Not be too predictable. And maybe a little bit of Jacob Kowalski in the near future.
What is your favourite RP that your character has taken part in?​
Dropped your beanie? When she meets Len for the first time, a part-goblin who she swooning over currently. :wub:
Thirteen is a charm. I love this one because it's her first trip to the sanctuary and it's on Willow's birthday. Their small little family was in that thread.
Relaxing...Her first crush with a professor, which she shares a lot in common with her mom in that department. xD With Madlyn it was the former muggel studies professor. :r
Anything with her is great to be honest. I'm just glad I get to roleplay with her and expand on her development!
What is your favourite aspect of your character?​
I just love the fact she friendly and protective over people she cares about. And that she breaking away from what's predictable from characters like her. In comparison to her mum, she a whole lot different and is making it known as the years go by.
Your least favourite aspect?​
Really having to think about every time I post with her if she will actually do this or that, and don't make too distract of a change. Which I did with her new look. But that's playing naturally well with her giant blood and I thought I was going to go crazy when I changed her fc. So far it suits her well!
If you could meet your character in real life would you want to? Why or why not?​
Yeah, why not? It would be fun! Except, maybe not her parents. xD Or her aunt and uncle. xD Chante could pass of as model, while her family not so much. Give it some time, maybe. :p
What do you feel your strength in developing characters is?​
Your weakness?​
Strength, definitely playing her mum helped and the mashup of Mia's character with Chayton. Sadly, we didn't get to roleplay the pair often, so I am mostly going with Madlyn but she is a Hufflepuff like her dad. xD Weakness, probably writing the bio and updating. I'm the worst with bios, but I'm getting better I think!
What would you recommend to those looking to further develop their characters?​
Remember, that you're just like authors when they're writing books, don't be afraid to get into your character's head. Try to write more from their perception than your own. I feel like too many people forget that part and try to make their characters to fit their own narrative. And it's okay to give a bit of yourself in the character but not completely. Also, remember they live in the magic world, there magic happening all the time all around them. Add it more often!
What are you most looking forward to on HNZ in the next several months?​
Everything! What do the staff have up their sleeves, huh?! More plotting, more developing and more fun read!
What is your favourite part of HNZ?​
I have been on and off here for years, and I just love the wholesome community we have here. :wub: It's great! :D I wouldn't want HNZ any other way, as cheesy as that sound. xD Love y'all!
A huge thank you to Madz for filling out this questionnaire for us! Congratulations, Chante is an excellent character! I'm sure everyone would like to join us in congratulating you on your character!​
~Emzies​
(On behalf of the Site Staff)​

Liam Waldgrave

Beater | Biggest Flirt | Charming | Confident

OOC First Name
Jamie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Athena
Wand
Straight 10 Inch Sturdy Fir Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Congrats Madz!! I would love to plot with you more. She sounds amazing!

Amber Chou Wilson

Hard working | Friendly | Fashionable | Hufflepuff

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual (Ainsley)
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Congrats Madz! I love Chante, she's so fun to read!

Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Yaaaas Madz, Congrats! I love some of the answers in your questionnaire :wub:

Etienne de Villiers

inventor | prankster | information hungry

OOC First Name
Vicky
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
???
Wand
13" Dogwood with Meteorite Dust core
Congratulations!! :wub:

Rama Mowry

violence prone ♦ soul searchin ♦ florean's cashier

OOC First Name
Lovi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
homosexual
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Unyielding Mahogany Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Yay Madz!! Kengi is proud!

Geovanna Volt

Chaser | SDA V. Pres | Metamorphmagus | 5th year

OOC First Name
Pheeb
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (Austin)
Wand
Knotted 10 Inch Sturdy Aspen Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
Yassss! Congratulations Madz, Chante is an awesome character :D

Professor Monty Pendleton

Inventor | Potions 1-4 | Adoptive Father | Deputy

OOC First Name
Claire
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Rigid Walnut Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
YAY congratulations Madz!!! :party: Chante is hilarious and such a great character, I love her!! Also I totally agree with your advice about developing characters. Grats gurl!!

Chante Ateara

Smol Giantess (5'11) | F&B Asst

OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
13' Applewood Core of Meteorite Dust
YAY congratulations Madz!!! :party: Chante is hilarious and such a great character, I love her!! Also I totally agree with your advice about developing characters. Grats gurl!!
She really is something. xD And developing characters is so hard and it took me a looong time to understand it like I do now.

Thanks everyone! ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)