Get to know you!

I used to go fishing quite a lot when I was growing up, my grandad was an avid fisher for a long period of time, so we used to spend afternoons in the summer fishing in the Mediterranean, I wasn't particularly patient at it, but i used to catch things occasionally and usually we'd have them in a soup later.

I've never been fishing, ngl, I find that type of thing to be very very boring

New question! What's your favorite board game?
I have to think about this.

oh that’s tough! there are so many board games! but i think my favourite would be Monopoly :)

Labyrinth - its an old game but its a whole lot of fun.

I always enjoyed Monopoly as my board game, if I knew I was going to lose I would try to help my favorite person playing win lol

I love Taboo! You get cards with a word you haven to describe, like “grass” and taboo words you can’t use, like “lawn” and “green” and you have one minute to describe as many as you can to your team to move forward with your points.

The Game of Life has always been my fave

I'm more of a card game person but I get a lot of nostalgia from Trouble and Snakes&Ladders :p
Monopoly and Life are high up there!

I'm sorry if you're saying Monopoly is your favourite then I don't trust a single one of you...

We used to have this Pokemon board game we loved to death when I was a kid. Box was falling apart by the time we finally had to throw it out when I moved to the states. Also great fondness for Trivial Pursuit even if I sucked at at the questions since it was all trivia from like the 80's.

I adore board games. For me I guess it's 30 seconds. I'm really competitive and it's fun that often you don't even know who that person is but try to describe something in the name. It's a standard game with us during Christimas.

I really enjoy pandemic.
I played it with myself yesterday (well as four players) and I won which I was happy about. (For those that don’t know. It is a collaborative game so either everyone wins or everyone loses, so not as obvious sounding as it could be)

I have a good question for next time. Let me know when I can ask it.

New question courtesy of Mia!
if you could use your time in isolation/quarantine/lockdown to learn a new skill or pick up a new hobby what would it be?

I haven't picked up anything new and don't plan to, but have learned that I'm a fairly good cook when I give myself the time to do so properly.

I haven't had the time to pick up anything new xD but i think if I could, I've been trying to learn norwegian for the past year - mostly because I watched some Norwegian tv and kinda loved the language, so I think I'd dedicate more time to that and pick it up properly.

I've been cooking a lot, one of the main things I wanted to learn when lockdown started was how to make curries from scratch. With Tan France's tutorial on youtube and a few small changes I think I'm getting pretty good at it!! :D

The only other thing I've been focusing on is uni work x_x

Last edited:
Nice question. I was trying to learn guitar but due to my injury on my thumb I can't anymore until that is over. So now I got the keyboard (amateur thingy) from the attic again to try and learn a bit.

I've definitely been cooking a lot more! I started playing the keyboard again but have had a week without practicing oops!! Better get back to it :lol:

Was taking a few courses on IT online before the pandemic but also relearning how to do graphic design using Gimp lol

probably should get back to those courses...

Does joining a roleplay site count as picking up a new hobby? :)
It certainly does. Welcome to HNZ. I hope you enjoy it here.

While i have still been working and studying I have been using my downtime for some hobbies. I have started a new knitting project which while the end result is not much different from what i made before it involves new techniques and cabling which I haven't done before.
I have also continued with learning danish. I have been learning it for a few years now. but I have been doing some extra practices (for those who have used Duolingo I have just about got the entire tree to level four which i am quite proud of). and also rewatching a danish show that I really enjoyed the first time. though I am not quite good enough to go without subtitles. (I probably would be okay if they were in danish. but i can only have English or none)
I should probably be using my time to study. but that isnt as fun.

I wish I could say I’ve actively been finding things to do, but that would be a lie, I’ve mostly been potatoing because I’m too depressed, anxious and paranoid to do anything else 🤷🏻‍♀️🙈:cry:

I've recently tried to learn Auslan (Australian Sign Language), it's pretty cool tbh. And I've been using my piano more often than usual so thats a plus, i guess. Oh yeah, and I joined HNZ! Woo Hoo!! :teehee:

I've been attempting to perfect several vegan, gluten free, low sugar dessert recipes. Pancakes, choc chip biscuits, buttercream, etc. I'll eventually work up to cakes. So far, the results have.... varied.
I'm currently doing my Masters so I've not had a lot of brain capacity to go about picking up new skills, though I'm dabbling in learning Italian as I go. Otherwise, messing around on photoshop.

I’ve been trying to relearn Welsh. I grew up there and spoke Welsh at primary school, but then I moved to New Zealand and ended up not using it for a few years. I regret that because now I’m nowhere near as good as it as I was, hence why I’m relearning it!

I’ve been trying to relearn Welsh. I grew up there and spoke Welsh at primary school, but then I moved to New Zealand and ended up not using it for a few years. I regret that because now I’m nowhere near as good as it as I was, hence why I’m relearning it!
The real question is, can you pronounce Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back