Aida
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Rigid Dogwood Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Hello everyone!

My name is Aida, and I'm new to the site! I was looking for something to do to pass the time ever since uni has closed down (hope everyone is safe in the current pandemic). I stumbled upon this and thought I'd shoot my shot! I'm a big fan of Harry Potter (obviously) and I've always wanted to try roleplaying. I've been lurking a bit and I thought this would be a really fun community to join.

I'm from Canada, so I'm not too familiar with New Zealand culture; that being said, I don't think it should be a problem from what I've seen on the site. There's a lot to take in on the site so forgive me if I ask a lot of questions, haha. I look forward to developing my little first year here!

Other than that, some fun facts about me – I'm a design and business student, having just finished my first year in uni. I love running, journaling, brunch dates, and binging bad reality television. I just recently finished Love is Blind and The Circle, so if anyone has some good suggestions, I'm all ears.
I look forward to meeting you all. :D Hope we can set up some fun threads together.

8b3c.gif

Hi Aida!! I am Lovi, and you should definitely talk to @Nicolas King as he is from Canda as well! I have been on the site for some years (off and on when school is crazy), and I look forward to seeing you around the site.

The Site Documentation page is a great place to start to get acquainted with the site plot, and the Site Staff are also good resources as well! Welcome! :party:

Hi Aida! I'm Daphne, welcome to HNZ! You joined at a perfect time, as sorting will be soon :D many people (including myself) aren't too familiar with New Zealand culture, but there's a few kiwis around who are always happy to help. The site can be very complicated at first, don't worry about asking questions!

I look forward to RPing with you :D

Last edited:
Hey Aida, welcome! It's a great time to join the site with sorting coming up, especially if you've ended up with some extra time on your hands with all the crazy going on. HNZ's been a welcome distraction for me right now.
Don't be afraid to ask plenty of questions, everyone here is super friendly and helpful :p I'm one of the site' s handful of kiwis so feel free to reach out with any questions about NZ or if you wanna talk plots, though I've been stateside for a few years now so I may not be the most up to date resource...

Hi Aida! I'm Cyndi, one of the admin. The majority of us can't admit to being NZ experts to any degree and we get on just fine here. You'll find that the site errs on being more magic focused anyway, and none of us are wizards or witches though we all want to be :p
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM. I'm always happy to help.
Hope you enjoy your time on the site!

Welcome to HNZ! I'm one of the admin, and here to give a hand. You've joined us at the best time since sorting will be very soon!

Welcome to the site :D

Hey Aida, welcome to HNZ!
Ignorance of New Zealand goes right to this site's roots (the founder was an American who loved New Zealand, but still modelled the school year and when the seasons fall after the northern hemisphere) - so lots of older roleplays really show this discrepancy.

As was mentioned by Lovi - I'm also a Canadian! 🇨🇦
Hope you enjoy your time on the site! :)

Hello Aida,

Nice to have you here! :) I would love to roleplay with you in the upcoming Hogwarts year! Also not having an extensive NZ knowledge is definitely okay. Most of us aren't from NZ exactly.

Hope you will have a nice time here!

Hey Aida, welcome to HNZ!

I'm another of HNZ's resident kiwis, so if you ever have questions about NZ life/culture feel free to ask me! Or if you just wanna chat or talk about plot ideas :) You've picked a perfect time to join, sorting is just around the corner, so everyone has upcoming firsties they're itching to get out there into the world!

Hi Aida! Welcome to the site! Glad you found the site at such a good time (quarantine not included lol). Looking forward to seeing you around!

Welcome to the site, Aida! I’m Teigs!

We love having new members around so you’ve absolutely picked the best roleplay site! I’m from Australia, so not a kiwi, but I can always point you in their direction if you need any help! I look forward to plotting with you as I have several (probably toooooo many) upcoming first years to sort!

I looked forward to getting to know you and your new first year!

Teigs.

stay safe!

Oh goodness, thank y'all so much for the warm welcome! I don't think I've gotten such a warm response since I told my Mandarin prof that I was dropping her class :D Seems like I chose the right site– I'm so excited to start now. If anyone has any tips for character creation, I have my tip jar out :claire:

The best advice I can give on that, is don’t be afraid to try something you’ve never done! Sometimes it’s easier to see how a character is going to develop by roleplaying so if you feel like you want to try that, I’d love to help you out!

Hellloooo welcome to HNZ!

The Circle was AMAZING, I was so hooked! I haven't seen Love is Blind, but I've heard lots of great things.
I'm from good ole' New Zealand, so feel free to chuck questions, but yeah, as everyone said, it's more about the school and students than NZ. BUT, here for questions if you have any! ^_^

If anyone has any tips for character creation, I have my tip jar out
I'd check out the Character Handbook forum and think about posting a bio or character dev page (or just poke around at what other folks are doing). But my number one piece of advice is join all the Open threads you can :r
Open threads will have the "open" prefix attached to them in green and like some other folks said, lots of people are itching to throw their new characters out into the world right now. (I'd also personally avoid the "Unsorted" forum honestly, since you can only see that forum if you are logged in on an unsorted account and a lot of people will miss threads in there. I recommend you RP around Brightstone Village or Obsidian Harbour instead)

Hi Aida, welcome to the site!! :D

It’s always exciting to meet new members, I’m sure you’ll find your way around pretty soon! ^_^ if you ever want to chat or roleplay, I have plenty characters and I’m sorting one next ic year, so feel free to pop me a message!

Welcome to Hogwarts New Zealand!

HNz is a great site to RP as someone who has came and left a few times it's quite addicting and the people are some of the best you're going to meet! It can be wild getting started and figuring everything out but you'll look back and realize how much fun it all was being new lol

P.S. sorry in advance for anything Luxen might do in the future he's a jerk and a bully...:shifty:xD:r

Hey Aida!! Welcome to HNZ, I'm Maria

I think you're just in time to join because sorting is arriving soon haha :) I'm one of the lovely kiwis on this site, so if you have any questions about New Zealand or the life and culture, feel free to PM me and ill try my best to answer! I'm always here if you ever want to chat or roleplay too!

:D

Welcome :D

I'm Anna!! I hope we get to rp in the future and that roleplaying on HNZ is a nice distraction from what's happening in the world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back