little witch • the legacy
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 17 Inch Flexible Sycamore Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Name: Rita Jean Smile
Rita's middle name is in homage to her mother, Jeanette, who passed while giving birth to her.
DOB: April 24, 2040
Star Sign: Taurus

Just Some Info: Rita is Kengi Smile's sister. Her father is a Hit Wizard, and they all live comfortably. She did well in primary school, often being called the teacher's pet because her work was always used as the example for the rest of the class. Rita is sincere in all things she does, especially when it comes to watching how people interact with each other. Rita has a difficult time figuring out what to say in conversation, so she opts to listen. However, she is a gifted writer and expresses herself much better through paper. Kennedy and Kengi have indulged Rita's severe interest in muggle technology a bit too much, but Rita feels like she is able to let her imagination run wild when learning to code or put a computer back together. She is disappointed she will not have as much to learn how to code or fiddle with tech to see how it works, but she will definitely be bringing in several LEGO sets to keep her busy whenever procrastinating. Rita has been told she can be grouchy whenever she is bothered while focusing, which is quite often. If Rita is speaking honestly, she is not content with where her family is right now. Kengi and Kennedy are chill with where the family is, but Rita wants more. She doesn't know what that more is, but she knows attending Hogwarts will help her find what she is looking for.

Interests: Computers, drones, sketching, writing, learning, making friends. Graphic design and climbing (whether it is rocks, trees, or countertops. Doesn't really matter.)

Goals: She hopes to gain skills so she can pack up and find her future.

Sorting Post:
Rita Smile was ready to be sorted. It was her time! Even though it was Kengi's last year, she was still excited she would see him more. The Great Hall was much bigger than she imagined, which made sense. There were so many students! The was some quiet chattering happening in the line, and it was nice background noise to all the hush in the Hall. Someone had asked her what house she wanted, but Rita couldn't get out a word before the person's name was called. Hufflepuff. That is what she would have said. She could be closer to her brother, and she heard Hufflepuff was a great house anyways! Auntie Jaz had been in it. Kengi was in it. There would be no problem if she was. It was choice she was content with. She would find her way there. She was sure of it.

"Smile, Rita."

Rita took in a deep breath before walking up to the stool. She stared at the old thing for a moment before she took a seat. She tried to get comfortable as the hat was placed on her head. "Hufflepuff will be okay." she thought loudly. It would be the easy choice. It would not cause the Hat any trouble.

"Okay?! But we're not going for okay, we're going for perfect and perfect for you will not be Hufflepuff..it could be Slytherin...but all that desire you have to learn....that's certainly....Ravenclaw,"

Last edited:
"Welcome! I am Interviewer, and I will be asking Rita Smile here some questions! Ready, Rita?"
Yeah!
First, let's talk about family! Who Are your Parents, Rita?
My father is Kennedy Smile, and my mother is Jeanette Ritger.

Were you raised by them?
My mom passed away, so my father raised me and my brother by himself!
What is your father’s full name? Your mother's?
My father's full name is Kennedy Marquis Smile, I think. I do not know my mother's middle name, so just Jeanette Ritger. Are all these questions going to be about my family? I can tell you about myself if you'd like?
In time, my young puppet! What do your parents do for a living?
Um, I do not know about my mother, but my father is a Hit Wizard! I think it's pretty cool and-
I did not ask for all of that! Now, how active is your father in your community? Know anything about your mother's standing too?
My dad keeps to himself. He greets neighbors and sometimes helps with small things, but he does not go out of his way to connect with anyone. I'm told my mother was very friendly and actively tried to develop relationships with those in the wizarding community. Kengi says that Mom's dream was to meet a dragon!
Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
We stayed pretty static, sadly.
How did you get along with their parents?
"If you mean my grandparents, then I would not know because I have not met them. Kengi said our grandfather passed away way before we were born, and Dad does not talk to his mom or his brother.
How would your parents describe you? Answer this in the voice of your mother, then in your father’s.
Kennedy Smile: "Rita is very vocal at home about what she wants and what upsets her, which was starting to become a problem. After some discipline, she has been more compliant. However, even that is growing bothersome. There is work that needs to be done with Rita."
Kengi Smile: "I am not a parent, but Rita needs that extra push to get out there! The last time I saw her truly excited was when she got her acceptance letter from Hogwarts New Zealand. I think Dad is a bit too tough on her, so she to second-guesses herself more and hasn't been confident in the decisions she makes."

Do you have any siblings?
I have an older brother. His name is Kengi. He and I get along for the most part, but sometimes he can be overbearing and controlling about what I do and how I should act.
Once again, too much information! If I don't ask, you don't tell!
That is a bit strange, don't you think? All these closed-ended questions do not contribute to my development as a person! *turns to producer* Can I get a new interviewer! This one is odd... *turns back to Interviewer and sticks out her tongue*

maxresdefault.jpg

Hello, and Welcome Back everyone! I am InterViewer Two, and I am here with Rita Smile! First, I apologize for my colleague, Interviewer's, behavior 3 hours ago. I swear we are not all like that.

Do you, or did you, have any role models? Do you have any heroes or idols, either contemporary or from legend?
For a while, I really admired Dad. He's a Hit Wizard, so he helps keep order in the overall community, but once he started to bring stress from work home, I turned to more to Kengi. Kengi always takes care of me and tries to comfort me whenever I do something to make Dad mad, but even he is beginning to bother me. At school, he's tried to force me to join clubs and hang out with his friends, but I just want to sit a build with LEGOS and do my own thing.

I would not call this person my "idol" because that makes it seem like I worship him, but I admire Newt Scamander! I may not like animals, but he was awkward, like me. He managed to do so many cool things with what called to him! I like to observe, create, and then build, but my family does not understand. I want to be able to travel and create my own story. I will not reach peace by accepting my failure, like Kengi. I do not want to become complacent in my success. However, I have to learn and perfect myself first. No one can go out in the world without a plan!

If so, have you ever met them?
Newt Scamander is dead, so I have not met him.
Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Do you have any dreams or ambitions?

"Everyone has them...that is a silly question..."
What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

If these goals seem at odds with each other or with your dreams, how do you reconcile the differences?

How do you seek to fulfill these dreams, goals, & ambitions?

Do you have any great rational or irrational fears or phobias? If so, what are the origins of or reasons behind them?

What, if anything, would it take for you to be able to overcome this?

How do you react when this fear manifests itself?

Are you willing to discuss, or even admit to, the situation?

What are your attitudes regarding material wealth?
Are you miserly with your share of the wealth, or do you spend it freely?
Are you greedy or generous?
Do you see wealth as a mark of success, or just as a means to an end?
How do you generally treat others?
Do you trust easily (perhaps too easily) or not?
Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)?
Are you a humble soul or blusteringly proud?
Questions have come from here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back