Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
hetrosexual
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Fir Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Here it is another one! Let's just get into it
Week 3
Folks, as ever, the semester is just flying by. We've just entered into week 3, and this means that professors should've posted at minimum their week 1 and week 2 lessons. For those with students, there is still plenty of time to post to steal the cup right out of Slytherin's hands! I'll take a moment to just remind everyone that lessons are optional, and though they help with house points etc, they are not the be all of HNZ and you do not need to do them.

Valentine's Day
It is Valentine's Day! On site at least. We have the Valentine's Day dance in full swing, head on over here to check out all of the fun threads, and even perhaps to start your own! Though, it can always be fun to gate crash an open thread.

Other events!
  • Not only do we have a Valentine's Day Dance, but for those adults on HNZ, you can head on over to the Makutu mall for the Valentine's Day festival which ends with a night at the club. You can check the initial threads for this here and here.
  • Duelling is also underway. Head on over here to read some of those fights, particularly where Celia, the head girl, had quite a duel. As ever, a massive thanks to the organizer and help for running this event.
  • Speed-Dating! If you would like to participate in speed dating then head on over here with your school characters and have them sign up.

Quidditch
The second to last quidditch game of the season is now underway! Let's see who wins the quidditch cup this year. My money's on Ravenclaw cinching the win! We'll have to wait and see.

New Spell
Steph decided to cash in her white elephant prize and created a new spell. The spell is:
Astra Fero - An astronomical depiction from the memory of the creator displayed in 3D within the surrounding area. Used to represent a large area of space.
This spell will now appear in the Astronomy course and is available for those of the right age to use it. A massive thanks to Steph for putting this spell together.

New thread prefixes
Some may or may not have noticed but we have a couple new thread prefixes available in the Fan Fictions & Alternate Roleplay section of the site. These are 'Alternate RP', 'Extract' (which is when you might RP out a moment yourself from a character's past) and 'fanfiction'. Feel free to go check them and use when appropriate, importantly when you post a thread in this area now, you will have to pick which prefix it falls under.

Selecting trophies
In case anyone has forgotten but HNZ has trophies! You can win these for various things, sometimes OOC things and sometimes they can be awarded for IC things. But you can have these be displayed on your character profile, just head to https://hogwarts.nz/account/preferences and after privacy options you can select them!

Raffle
Summer/Winter Raffle is back! It is the easiest competition to take part in, just sign up and you run a chance at winning. Head on over here to learn more about it!

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Movie rewatch!
We've been running a re-watching event, a new HP movie every week. We're on movie six (Half Blood Prince) so there is plenty of time to catch up and give any and all thoughts on the movies, how they've changed between this and your last viewing, things you remember/forgot etc. The last movie was released 12 years ago this past summer, so the perfect time to rewatch.

• Y44 Duelling Match #11 - Two titans of the duelling arena face off against each other in the first round of the tournament. Will there be a survivor?
  • When The Workin' Day Is Done - Some of the working women of Hogwarts get together for a pasta making night outside of the castle.
  • Sick of Losing - Rion and June lost their first duel. Rion is continuing in an empty classroom, letting her frustrations on some jars. June spots her and obviously makes use of the situation to distract herself an bit and mess a bit with Rion, putting more oil on the fire.

• Accio goodness!
  • Graduation?!
  • Hogwarts vs international team quidditch match

And that's all! Till next time!

Emzies
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Thanks for the update, Emzies!

Oof, the reminder that it's week three hit me like a sack of bricks. Time needs to chill. But that much closer to sorting I guess lol

Thanks for the update Emzies!!

Thanks for the update!

Curious if anyone can give me a clarification. What exactly qualifies as Alternate RP? I've never been sure.

What exactly qualifies as Alternate RP?
It's a roleplay (where multiple people are replying, not a canned story which would I guess be a fan fiction) and it's 'alternate' because it exists outside of the site's canon. This means that you can roleplay there things that aren't true on the broader site, or would need admin approval. Want to RP as if Adorah had claw-hands like the trolley witch or is an animagus of a flea? Be our guest! ...but only in this forum. :r

The About this Forum thread in the FanFics/Alternate RP forum puts it this way:
[Alternate roleplays are] roleplays that are outside of the confines of HNZ and bear less restrictions. Roleplays in this forum are more free in what is permitted to occur without approval (death of characters, special abilities/items, etc.) however some things are still restricted (suicide, self harm, etc.).

Want to RP as if Adorah had claw-hands
How did you know????

I See You Hello GIF by David Firth

also if no one here know salad fingers i'm so sorry because that gif out of context is creepy af

But seriously, thank you for taking the time to explain it!

Thanks for posting, Emzies!

also if no one here know salad fingers i'm so sorry because that gif out of context is creepy af
Salad fingers is creepy af anyway!!!

Thanks for posting Emzies. I’m enjoying the duels!!

Thanks for the update! I love semester two already, and it's going fast. Also excited for sorting and graduating.

Thanks for the update!! Love the new trophies!

Archived

It's time for some new news, so we're archiving this to get it out of the way.

Please make sure to check out the news and updates section for the most up to date site news. If you have any questions about this piece of news, please reach out to an administrator.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back