Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
undefined
Wand
Bloodwood 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
🏳️‍🌈 HAPPY PRIDE MONTH🏳️‍🌈
giphy.gif

After the great thread last year. it was a great topic I thought that we need one for this year as we do have a huge LGBTQA+ community.
So no matter who you are, where you are, no matter if you are out to just yourself or loud and proud about it. Happy pride.

This thread has no pressure to assign yourself labels. or tell your life story. But if you want share here to you can.
If you feel unsafe about sharing then please don't. your RL safety is far more important than anything on the site.
You don't have to be LGBTQ+ to post here. allys are just as awesome as anyone else.
Remember to respect others and that all site rules do apply across the whole site including the OOC section.

so what is pride to me? 🖤🤍💜
I would class myself as asexual and romantically who the hell knows. and I am proud about being part of the amazing LGBT community. Am I overly vocal about it, no, not as much as I would like to be. I am quite a personal person. but I try, I have an ace flag on my lanyard at work (which no one has commented on in over three months, not even what is that pin on your lanyard, I have this week added a rainbow pin too). the main reason I do this is to normalise it, so that younger queer people know that they are not alone. and that some other patients can relate it to someone real who is somewhat a successful and good person, and hopefully it would make things easier for any people in their lives struggling to come out to them.
To be fair I have had things good. I have a very supportive family who has always said they don't mind what I do so long as I am happy and healthy. and All my friends and colleagues who know have been nothing less than supportive. many surprising me by how supportive they are.

Happy pride everyone!!!!! 🌈

I didn't post in the thread last year because I didn't really know how comfortable I felt talking about this stuff on HNZ as it's a subject I've dodged a bit publicly in the past. But for anyone who didn't know, I'm trans! Specifically, I'm a nonbinary trans guy, my pronouns are he/him or they/them, but like, gender is messy and confusing so for the sake of clarity I usually just say 'I'm a guy' and leave it at that :p It's not a secret that I'm trans, I've told quite a few people from the site, but I've not really actively talked about it onsite before. (I just left in 2010 with one gender and came back in 2016 with another and refused to explain :p) Honestly RPing Kyle in 2009/10 was part of me beginning to sort of. prod at my Gender Stuff before I had the language or support system to explore it IRL, but that's a whole other ramble :p

Engaging in Harry Potter stuff the last few years as a trans person has been really hard for obvious reasons, and there was a point where I considered leaving HNZ because J.K. Rowling's behaviour was so deeply hurtful and such a horrendous betrayal, and it tainted just about every positive thought and memory I have of Harry Potter. But I've stuck around because I love my characters and I love my friends characters and I love the world and the people of HNZ, and she has no claim over any of the things that make this site great. It's part of why I'm being more open now, because it's important to me that HNZ is a place that I and people like me can be supported and safe, and part of that is talking about this stuff.

I'm also bi (and also on the ace spectrum tho I'm much less comfortable talking about that tbh haha) which probably surprises nobody, considering my characters :p I've been openly bi since I was 12, first tried to come out as nonbinary without really having the words for it when I was 16, then actually came out properly as trans when I was 19 and I've been happily out ever since!! I'm pretty active in my local rainbow community (RIP to the festival I was event manager for last year :V ) and it's a big and happy part of my IRL life :wub:

I'm eternally grateful and proud to be part of such a strong, diverse, loving community, so happy pride everyone!!!! 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

Happy Pride, one and all! I do love HNZ fierce little queer community :wub:
I mentioned it last year but I am also non-binary (with no preference in pronouns, as Rowan said gender=messy???) and consider myself queer cause well, gender whomst? I also agree it's been horrible to be in the trans community since JKR's horrific behavior, but refusing to let disgusting vitriol into our little community has been my hold out as well, with the hope that other folks understand we love and respect transfolk here.

A nice thing this pride was working with my family to explain the ins and outs of the NB identity and then helping my mother set up a pride flag seasonal display for her door (she does one every month and June now includes a 🏳‍⚧️ transflag and 🏳️‍🌈 rainbow flag :party: )

Thank you Mia for continuing this support for the LGBTQA+ community! Happy Pride Month Everyone!!!!!!!!!!! 🌈 🌈 🌈

I think it's my first time coming out to such a big community even if I'm not exactly hiding my sexuality. I live in a REALLY homophobic country so it is pretty hard to do so, so literally, only my few closest friends know it. Also, my mom partly knows it and she isn't like exactly supportive but she just doesn't exactly pay attention to that as we are not really close. My dad has no idea that I'm part of this community and I don't wanna even tell him, but I get the hugest support from my grandfather, best friends, and boyfriend. I am not exactly aware of my sexuality yet as I am only trying to understand it, but I surely know that I am demisexual and unsurely I'm aware that I am bi or pan just not sure which one exactly so I usually just go with unsure demisexual. And I am proud to be part of LGBTQA+ ♥️♥️ ♥️

And in the last few months, I've been struggling with my gender as I have noticed that I have no preference for pronouns, and with that, I'm just hardly confused about my gender, but yes, I don't mind any pronouns!

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH EVERYONE!!!! LOVE Y'ALL!!!!! 🏳️‍🌈 ♥️ 🏳️‍🌈 ♥️

Coming out on such a big scale can be so big and scary, thank you for feeling safe enough to share with us Sophia :hug: You're doing amazing, and you'll always be safe in HNZ's rainbow community 🏳️‍🌈

@Ainsley Lynch and @Elliot Briar. Thank you both for posting. you two are both epic people and I always enjoy talking and plotting with you guys. I am so glad that you have decided to stick with us despite the associations that HP has.

@Timothy Black Coming out is a scary concept. especially when those around you are not the most accepting. thank you for trusting us enough to come out to us. sending lots of love your way. ❤️

Yaaay happy Pride month everyone :hug: 🌈 ❤️ this thread makes me so proud to be part of HNZ's community! You are all beautiful and brave and loved ❤️

I am still in exactly the same boat as when I posted last year :lol: I have identified as asexual for a long time but I've noticed I'm attracted to women sometimes. I wonder if I'm like... a demi-lesbian (is that a thing? I'm going to guess it's a thing)

Though I still don't really know, looking back on my teen years, a lot of things would make sense if it were true :teehee:

Anyway, I'm fine with not being sure - knowing yourself is a lifelong journey, and however you feel at any time in your life, your feelings are valid <3

282dd1273e9c203565854a32060be9b2.gif

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈 hell yeah pride month
time to don me now some gay apparel

Happy pride month!

I am pretty open about my asexuality, and I am more attracted to females than males, so closer to homoromantic than anything else. I recently came out as non-binary to a couple of close friends, so I prefer pronouns of they/them, but keeping that to online communities since my family tends to be less-than-supportive of the "alternative" lifestyle. I get annoyed anytime someone refers to me as "miss" or "ma'am", always have been.

A broken friendship has become mended over the past couple of weeks due to us coming out as non-binary to a mutual friend on the same day, so fingers crossed that it stays positive!

Anyway, we welcome all members of the LGBT+ and allies here as a very supportive group, otherwise I would not have announced my gender identity! We want people to feel safe and comfortable here, and if you don't want to come out yet, don't worry, we will be here for you when you are comfortable!

Happy Pride Month Everyone!! 🥰🏳️‍🌈

I’m not part of the LGBTQ+ community, however, I am an ally. I appreciate that you felt comfortable enough to share your life stories 🥰 I love you all!! ❤️ Sending lots of love and hugs! x

Happy Pride!!! 🌈 xx

Happy pride month everyone :hug: 🌈 🏳️‍🌈

I've been openly Ace for a while and it's nothing new :p but I of course love and support everyone in the LGBT+ community and it's so awesome to have a place like HNZ, where so many people with different identities can feel safe and and write and have fun, and support each other :hug:

Sending love to everyone in the LGBT+ community for this month, and every other month of the year of course 🏳️‍🌈 🌈

Happy Pride everyone!! 🏳️‍🌈

I didn't post in last year's thread mostly because labels are confusing and I have yet to find what fits exactly right. Generally I identify as queer because it basically covers everything and gives me the freedom to simply exist with out stressing about how to define myself. And if anyone cares to know the specifics I can always explain later lol.

But I am so fond and proud of the LGBT+ community on this site! Much love to all of you! 🌈

~~~~~~
Rainbow Gay GIF by alimacdoodle
~~~~~~
H A P P Y P R I D E E V E R Y O N E ! ! !

I feel like I'm in a similar boat to Kadi. I've been using the term queer for probably less than a year because I wasn't really sure what to use before that. Have also been using she/they more publicly since I live in a relatively conservative area but folks have been receptive (or at last not outwardly hateful). But I'm feeling closer to my true self so maybe I'll figure it all out eventually. Love y'all <3

Last edited:
I didn't realise how diverse everyone was, and I love that :wub:

Personally I also didn't post in the topic last year as it's always been a very confusing thing for me. All I know is that I'm somewhere on the asexual spectrum, however I still feel romantic attraction, just not sexual attraction. I've bounced around from ace to demi to greysexual a lot really unsure about where I stand. I'm glad there's such a big and supportive community though as it's made me feel okay to be very unsure.

I'm so proud of everyone, so just keep being you, and Happy Pride Month 🌈🌈🌈❤️❤️:party:

tenor.gif
Phew, okay here is it..... I'm not entirely sure what I am and how I feel about people but I know I'm not hetero fully anything. I grew up thinking I just want to kiss boys and when I catch myself staring at a girl it's because I wanted to be as pretty as them not because I was attracted in someway. Over the past few years I've cut ties with the way I grew up thinking and began exploring my feelings. And I think maybe a few here will know me identifying as Bi, but I'm not very sure as I never really talk much about me. Since 2019 I've started to have coworkers and friends and HNZ characters (that I stalk read posts from :p) that challenge my way of thinking about myself and it's been amazing. I've met soooo many in the community through my work and I've never felt more comfortable sharing where I am at now than ever. I'm going to continue to challenge myself to discover who I am.

Where I'm currently is: Biromantic and ??sexual?? I'm not fully sure where it stands somewhere around demi and possibly bi as well. I prefer she/her however I'm not fully sure how gender is for me and just this past week have been challenging my thoughts on that. I apparently come off very masculine but I don't feel like that's me, more a wall to protect the little thoughts I've been tucking away for years and years and years. I came out to my partner, who I've been married to for 4 years, awhile back now which I was quite nervous for. I've started saying partner more than husband/wife. My family still know nothing but I've been being more open with friends about who I am and why I finally feel like I can say that I am apart of the LGBTQA+ Community. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back