Open Y40 Start of Year Feast!

Leia glanced at who spoke to her, a little surprised that Nicole was. She knew the girl, since they were in the same house, and both prefects. She thought the girl was pretty cool, and had things more together. She had thought she'd be head girl, but it seemed she wasn't. "Course," Leia agreed, "I've heard NEWTs can be awful," she said, not sure how to continue the conversation with her but not wanting to not say more. "Did you have a good break Nicole?" Leia asked.
@Nicole Fisk

Leonardo grimaced at her reaction, knowing that he probably couldn't have been more awkward and conversation ending in his response. He nodded as she talked about her own break. "Where did you go?" he asked, before thinking he should also ask about the new cat, "Whats your new cat called?" was the question he settled on. He wasn't sure it was the right question to ask but he couldn't exactly take it back.
@Molly Burke

Bern started the school year with a blast of sorting new fresh student at Hogwarts Bern seated beside to his cousin side because he want to support him, because the things about the Prefect, but he know that he can solve this issue to him his cousin was so strong why both of them sorted at the bravery house, Bern so happy every time the new students sorted in our house, and the Headmistress talk and introduce the HOH on every house and congratulate new HOH of Slytherin, so that the reason why Professor Styx always not attend in our DADA class last year he got his retirement. when the feast begun Bern ask his cousin what he want to eat to give some good vibes and he wants to ay that I'm always to his side what ever will it happen.

Ronald 1st came back to the vacation and the start of new semester will start always at the big great hall and have a start at the year feast, Ronald confused what he felt right now but he want to embrace the Bravery side of him and always check the positive way of what will be happen, next as a Filipino will have a attitude that if we have a problem will always see that in positive way and always have reason to everything, Ronald was so thankful to his cousin cause he always at my side and feel his willingness to help me to conquer this situation, Ronald see his boyfriend seat at the other side and he heard the news that his boyfriend is new co founder at the Brotherhood for this year that one of the good news, Ronald said to himself that life will go on and he wants to continue what he started whenever he have a badge or not Ronald knew that he doing his best to himself and want to have a good academics to pursue his dream, Ronald want to open himself to other classmate to interact with them not always to have a good records in academic but he wants to have a good relationships to others, when every new 1st year sorted to our house Ronald clap his hand and welcome them, and our Headmistress start to introduce every HOH at houses and welcome the new HOH of Slytherin, and when the feast started Ronald shocked because his cousin ask him what we want to eat I pointed every food that he want to eat, its good to have a satisfied stomach rather that stress on the other things, Ronald said thankyou to his cousin, and then they both smile and talk what will happen on their vacation.

Fifth year. OWL year. Harper couldn't quite believe she was already more than halfway done with Hogwarts. She wasn't sure she felt like a proper fifth year, but at the same time, she couldn't imagine not being one. For the first time in her Hogwarts career, she felt as if she knew what she was doing, like her days of playing catch-up to her magical peers might soon be over. She still missed everyone back home, but she knew this was where she belonged, here, under the enchanted ceiling and surrounded by her friends.

The Sorting Ceremony passed without incident, and Harper clapped politely for each new first year (though she of course applauded more enthusiastically for the new Gryffindors). She was a bit surprised to hear that Professor Styx had retired. After last year's lessons, Harper couldn't say she would miss him, and she hoped the new DADA professor would be a bit more cheery. Next came the usual reminders about rules, and then, finally, the food appeared. As she filled her plate, she glanced towards Em.

"So Em," she began with a mischievous smile. Finding out that the other girl had been named prefect had brought a brief flash of jealousy though Harper had gotten over that rather quickly. She knew there was no one else more deserving in Gryffindor, and she had congratulated her friend as soon as she'd heard the news. "Hypothetical question. Let's say one of your friends takes food from the kitchens without the elves' permission. But they're only doing it because they want to throw a party in your honor. Would that earn them points or do they still lose them?"

@Emmaline Hopkins-Vance

It was weird to be back at school without Sully. René had experienced it before at their primary school but Hogwarts was different. Magic had always felt like 'Sully's thing' first and René couldn't help but feel he'd just managed to end up here because he was copying him. Sully being gone felt odd, like René should just be heading back to normal muggle school now too. It was silly, and René was kind of looking forward to having the school as his own thing for awhile, as much as he'd miss having his brother around.

Intent on enjoying the new year, René clapped as the last of the new students were sorted before turning to the feast, happy to dig. "Hey, you guys do anything cool over the break?" He said, glancing at his roommates that were sitting nearby. "I always meet up with my muggle mates from primary, oh and head to the hot pools," he said, pausing to take a big bite of chicken. Sometime's René felt a little out of the loop with all his musical roommates, but he still considered himself pretty lucky to share with a cool group of guys. @Eugene Nestor @Nolan Burke

Sorting had been fun this year, but she was glad when it was over. Her hands could use the break from clapping, and she was eager to see the feast the house elves had prepared. They really outdid themselves each year. Giving a small wave as she was introduced, Cyndi waited until the Headmistress' speech was over and she quickly dug in. She liked to finish quickly so she could excuse herself to finish preparations for the house meeting. The professor passed some pleasantries with her colleagues as she enjoyed the lovely meal, glancing every now and then at the tables full of returning students. The start of year always held such promise.

Molly didn't mind Leonardo's response. She guessed that he didn't really want to speak with her too much, as she knew that she was quite the chatterbox. She smiled when he had asked her where she had gone. "Oh, my family and I went on a small family road trip to Hamilton. Nothing too special" Molly says with a giggle. Her parents were tight on money at the moment and they didn't want to spend too much on a trip, but they did in fact wanted the family to go out of town for a couple of days. The girl blushed a little as he had asked about the name of her cat. "It's probably stupid, but her name's gumdrop. Like the lollies. Do you have any pets?"

@Leonardo Orr

Nolan smiled as René had spoken to him and Eugene, as he took a bite of his food before shrugging. "Nothing really mate. Just hung around home and chilled for a bit. Played a bit of music Nothing really. Did meet up with some old mates tho" Nolan says with a nod before taking a bite of his mashed potatoes. "How bout you? Did you get up to anything interesting? The hot pools sound fun"

@Rene Tofilau @Eugene Nestor

Emmaline had just pushed a rather large spoonful of mash potatoes into her mouth as she heard Harper asking her a question. Emmaline swallowed quickly as she turned her attention to friend. Harper had been so kind since she had gotten the prefect position, even if Emmaline did feel guilty. She knew her friend deserved the position just as much as she did, but she could not let that bother her. Obviously it wasn't bothering Harper either. Maybe Emmaline was just overthinking things, as she always seemed to do. She felt the food slide down her throat as she made sure to flash Harper a smile. She jokingly rolled her eyes at the girl's comment. "I'm not sure it would earn you any real house points." She began, not sure if she would even be able to take points away from her friends. The young Gryffindor girl knew she couldn't be biased, but it would certainly hurt to ever get her friends in trouble.

"But let's just say" She began as she placed her fingers into her ears and hummed almost as if she was blocking out the noise for a moment. Flashing another smile, Emmaline took her fingers out of her ears and spoke again. "I don't think prefects need to know everything." She admitted. Emmaline would rather not know. That way she wasn't breaking any rules or even showing favouritism. "Just don't get caught, although I know this is a completely hypothetical question" she added as she stuck out her tongue towards Harper. Emmaline hoped Harper got the picture. She wondered what exactly Harper was planning though. It was sweet to think someone wanted to throw a party in her honor, even if Emmaline wasn't sure she exactly deserved it. It wasn't like she had had many parties in the past. Birthdays were often forgotten in her household, especially by her mother. Parties in general were a rarity in her life. Honestly, the young girl wasn't even sure what she would do if the situation came.

@Harper Alston

Louis was pretty happy to be back at Hogwarts. The start of year feast was always fun and had plenty of good food. This year, he didn't know anyone being sorted so he could just sit back and relax until the sorting was over. He listened as the Headmistress explained Professor Styx had retired and was kind of glad. That guy had seemed like he'd had no sense of humor, at all. After the headmistress was done talking, the food appeared. Louis grinned, serving himself large portions of meat and potatoes. He looked around for someone to talk to and caught Bern's eye nearby. He smiled and waved at his roommate before taking another bite of his food. "Hey, did you have a good break?" He asked once his mouth was no longer full.

@Bern Malakas

Emma was feeling strangely melancholy as she sat at the Gryffindor table for the starting feast. She couldn't help thinking about how this would be her final starting feast at Hogwarts, which was pretty sad. She tried to force the thought out of her head, but it kept popping back up. She was pretty happy with Chloë as head girl, but had rolled her eyes when she heard Connor had gotten head boy. It should have been Lysander. She glanced at her friend, wondering how he was doing. AFter the professor was finished with her speech, Emma was glad to finally dig into the food. At least that would likely distract her from sad thoughts.

Eugene smiled at Rene between bites of food. He nodded along as Nolan answered first and then Rene. Eugene knew a little about Nolan's break from had been from their conversation on the train. Eugene finished his bite of food and before he put another spoonful in his mouth he replied, "Hot pools sound chill bro," he smiled, "I didn't do much, mostly went busking around Auckland whenever the weather was nice enough," he said, since he had pretty much done that.
@Rene Tofilau @Nolan Burke

Leonardo nodded, "Oh that sounds nice, what is there do in Hamilton?" Leonardo hadn't ever been to Hamilton, he hadn't travelled that often in the country, his grandfather didn't like travelling too much. The boy gave a little nod, and then thought the name was a little silly, but if that was what she wanted to call her cat then who was he to judge. Leonardo shook his head, "Unless you count a family owl, then no," he replied. "What type of cat is it?"
@Molly Burke

Bern heard that his classmate asking me about my vacation, Bern said that one pf my boring vacation that I ever had we want to take Boracay Beach at the Philippines but we are not to continue cause my father so busy so we take our vacation on my grandmother side in the Philippines together with my cousin the fun fact we practice Quidditch in our courtyard with the help of magic Disillusionment Charm that cast both of us with the help of my grandfather, because both of my cousin try to Quidditch team in our house for upcoming tryouts so I wish one of us will make it but my cousin is alternate keeper, so I wish that Im become a chaser in our quidditch team.

@Louis Alcott

Chloë had known that being back at school would feel weird, but she hadn't expected it to be such a mix of emotions. On the one hand, was strange to be back without her best friends and she'd be lying if she said she hadn't already missed their presence during the train ride. Then there was the fact that this would be her last year at the school, her last welcome feast. That felt equally unreal as well. On the other hand, she was excited for what the year would bring. Proud about the new badge she was wearing. When the feast started Chloë zoned off a little during the professor's speech, acting like she was paying attention and clapping just in time with the rest of the students.

Lysander had enjoyed the break. Now that he could apparate, well, it had opened up a whole ton of possibilities. He'd always been interested in hearing about Ajax's travel stories, and while apparating around New Zealand on his own wasn't quite the same as some extravagant trip to another country, it was close enough for now. Returning to Hogwarts almost felt restrictive. He was legally an adult now. He was ready to go out and explore the world, not study more. After the ceremony had ended, it was an effort to pay attention to what was being said. Lysander yawned into the palm of his head, which was mostly supporting his head from drooping to the table. It wasn't until the food appeared that he was more alert. He spotted Emma, and gave her a small wave, before mutely pointing over in Connors direction to ask if she'd seen what he was wearing. A lot of people in their year probably had something to say about it.​

This year, Celia had decided, was her year. Her grades were back where they should be, and she'd found her footing on the Quidditch pitch and in the Monthly newsroom. She was on an upward trajectory, one that she was sure would end with her as head girl. And it seemed that for once, the universe was on her side. By an incredible stroke of luck, Professor Styx had retired. First, Professor Pourroulis, then him — one by one, all the adults that had been in the room the night she got caught trying to run away were leaving. At this rate, Professor Alicastell would be gone by next year, and there would be no one left who remembered that fateful night. She would be truly free from the mistakes of her past.

Those hopes came crashing down when Alicastell introduced Slytherin's new head of house. Celia stared, dumbstruck with horror. Castillo? After running into him in the Forbidden Forest her first year, she had hoped never to see him again. She had even debated whether she really needed an OWL in Herbology; she did not want that man anywhere near her grades. And now he was in charge of her house. There was no way she would be getting a prefect's badge, not after she'd accused him of being a "spirit" and left him to dangle in a giant net in the forest. By the time the food appeared, Celia had lost her appetite. She poked miserably at a spinach leaf on her plate before setting her fork down. "I can't believe they chose Castillo." she grumbled. "Is he even a Slytherin?" She was pretty sure the answer was no; she'd seen him cheering on Ilvermorny at past Quidditch matches.

Harper's smile widened as Em played along and made a show of deliberating over this very difficult ethical dilemma. She was a bit surprised when the other girl mentioned that prefects didn't have to know everything. Out of their group of friends, Em was the one who followed the rules most closely. Harper had always respected that, and she'd assumed she would have to keep any future rule breaking a secret . She didn't want to put Em in the difficult position of choosing between her prefect duties and her friends.

"I don't know why you keep saying 'you,'" Harper said, pasting on her best innocent expression. "I'd never break the rules. And this is all hypothetical, of course." Even as she said this, she started scheming and glanced at her other friends. Back when Sky had made the Quidditch team, they'd raided the kitchens for snacks to celebrate, and it would be fun to do something similar for Em. She took a bite of food, thinking through the logistics, before deciding she could figure this out later. "Anyways, how was your break?"

@Emmaline Hopkins-Vance

Emmaline could not help but laugh when Harper called her out for being so specific about her hypothetical question. "Oh yes of course you'd never break the rules." She said knowing her friend a little better than that. Harper was a little more adventurous than Emmaline was, something that the young Gryffindor admired about her friend. Emmaline loved adventures, but they had to be according to the rules. Of course that limited what she could do. A tough situation for the young girl, but somehow it always worked out.

Emmaline began to take another bite of her food. She chewed politely before continuing with the conversation, taking a moment to think about her break as a whole. "It was nice" she said. Of course that was a lame response. "River and I hung out a lot. Mum worked. Pretty normal." She continued. She wished she had done something exciting to share with her friend. Emmaline took another bite of mash potatoes while she thought a little more about what she had actually accomplished over break.

"I did read some cool books. Oh and I saw a shooting star one night!" She said adding the last part a little more excitedly than she intended. It was rather exciting. There was nothing as calming as spending a night on the roof of her house watching the stars. That particular night with the shooting star, Emmaline was so excited she almost fell off. "How was your break? Anything exciting?" She asked her friend.

@Harper Alston

Augustus had watched the sorting ceremony quietly, marveling a bit at how small the new firsties were. He remembered he had been pretty short himself, probably the shortest of all the kids that had been sorted back when it was his first year. It was strange to think that was five years ago now, time had really flown. Augustus was glad when the food arrived and he served himself a few things. Then he turned in his seat slightly so he could look at the Hufflepuff table and see Addison, smiling slightly as he stared at her. He wished she could sit with him, but during feasts like this it seemed like they were expected to sit with their own house.

Emma noticed Lysander's wave and the way he pointed at Connor. She nodded and widened her eyes. I know! She mouthed, shaking her head in disappointment. The pick for head boy had been disappointing and stupid. It should have been Lysander. Emma grabbed her plate and got up, moving to sit closer to Lysander. She didn't acknowledge the irritated looks she got as she squeezed herself in next to him on the bench. "You've been robbed." She told him as she dropped down next to him. "It's probably because his aunt is like, minister or something." She added, grabbing a bite from Lysander's plate.

@Lysander Summers

Molly shrugged at Leonardo's question. "No, not really. There's not really much to do there. It was a bit boring, to be honest" Molly said with a shrug. Sure she liked that she went on a road trip, but it was a bit boring for her liking. The Hufflepuff took another bite of her food before giggling a little. "I think an owl count as a pet," Molly says with a small smile and nod. "She's a Ragdoll"

@Leonardo Orr

The start of year feast was supposed to be a celebration, but Ivy wasn't feeling very festive. The lack of a prefect's badge was weighing on her, and she always hated it when she couldn't sit with someone from a different house. Ivy didn't really have friends in Gryffindor, unless you counted Flynn. She didn't know how things were with Flynn, so she had decided to avoid him indefinitely. She had been quiet during the sorting ceremony and was glad that the food arrived, giving her something to do. She noticed Emmaline and Harper talking nearby and shot them a jealous glare. Emmaline was probably talking about how great it was to be a prefect. Ivy suddenly had the overwhelming urge to launch some mashed potato at the two of them, but she restrained herself. There was no way she would get away with that here, in the crowded hall.

Harper smiled as Em began to describe her break, nodding at the mention of River. Em may have called it "normal," but to Harper, it sounded nice. Her own siblings were in school, so she had only really gotten to hang out with them in the evenings and on the weekends (and only when they weren't preoccupied with homework or their own friends). It had made her days kind of lonely, but it was nothing that she wasn't used to by now.

"Oh, that's so cool!" she said when Em mentioned the shooting star. "I don't think I've ever seen one before," Harper added after a moment of reflection. Maybe that would change this year during Astronomy. It had been a while since they had gone stargazing. "It was pretty good." A lot of it had centered around sports, which she knew wasn't really Em's thing. "My parents insisted on doing a family road trip, and it was kind of a disaster," she said with a laugh. "Our car broke down on the second day."

@Emmaline Hopkins-Vance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back