Y39 Club Fair

Sydney took a break from glowering at Lysander when Emily joined her at the table, giving her a private smile. "Not yet, though that could change. Why? You finally gonna sign up?" She asked with a smirk, tapping a finger on the sign up sheet.

She was distracted when another student approached the table, recognizing Blair from the tournament last year. "You can. Would definitely give you an edge in this years tournament," she said knowingly, sliding the sign up sheet towards Blair. Her next question had Sydney smirking again, crossing her arms loftily. "I suppose I could look into it. You definitely have some potential," she said after a moment of consideration. "We can meet in the duelling chamber later and discuss it," she decided. @Blair Silver @Emily Hastings

Blair grinned when heard what Sydney said, ha, yes, she was going to win this year. Especially when Sydney said that she had a potential. "Yes, perfect! Then see you later? Maybe you could send me a note when to be there?" Blair wanted to make everything clear, she disliked having something on question.
@Sydney Townsend

Sydney nodded in response to Blair, feeling quite smug that the interaction was happening right in front of Emily to boot. "You'll hear from me," she said, putting on an aloof air. Wouldn't do the club members getting too comfortable with her. @Blair Silver

Blair lightly nodded with a light smirk. "Thank you, have a nice day!" She gave a light wave with hand to her and easily left. Somehow she was sure that there were bigger chances that Sydney will respect her if she didn't act like some pathetic baby.
@Sydney Townsend

Lysander could practically feel Sydney boring holes into the side of his head with her death stare, and had to pretend to be particularly interested in one of the plant pots to ignore her. He was pleased when a young boy turned up to his table, and gestured at the obnoxious amount of flowers. "We're the Wild Patch! We're in charge of maintaining the gardens and getting back to nature." He told him. He waved his wand with a flourish over a small sapling and muttered a quick sementis medicates to cause it to magically sprout up and grow. "If gardening's your thing, then I'm your king. You can check out some of the events we've done over here, if you're interested." He continued, tapping his wand at the moving photographs he'd put on display.​
@Xinyi Huang

Jingyi grinned at the cool Head Boy and quickly grabbed a pen to scribble down his name on the list. And it seemed he was not the only one interested in joining this club either. "So this is just for guys hanging out and stuff, right?" He thought that was the gist of the club. Which was cool, he was a big fan of No Girls Allowed.
@Noel Waldgrave

Poppy looked up from where she was adjusting the sign up list as she saw a younger Ravenclaw girl approach her table. She smiled but the girl spoke before she could greet her. She hesitated for a moment as she tried to process what the girl had said. She had an accent so it wasn’t hard to assume that maybe English wasn’t her first language, and Poppy understood her well enough and shrugged. “It’s not a team exactly but we do all work together.” she said with a smile and handed over the sign up sheet. “And we would be happy to have you, just write down your name!” @Giulia Alcott

Simon grinned as Noel gave his approval. “Well that’s a relief.” he said dryly before letting out a laugh. It would seem that teasing his co-president about his new found authority would have to wait as boys quickly began to crowd around the table. ”Yes, yes you can all join.” he said and pointed them all towards the sign up list. Thankfully Noel had directed the other half of the boys to do the same. Simon looked curiously at one of the new boys who asked about the first meeting. “It’s undecided. We’ll let you know.” he said with a sigh. His attention turned to a different boy who asked if the club was just for boys. “Generally yes.” he answered simply “But on occasion we do put on events with Heta Omega, the girls club. Is that a problem?” Simon asked with an eyebrow raised. @Manaia Te Rangi @Akihiro Chen @Nathaniel Traynor @Jingyi Huang

Manaia was a bit downcast when the Head Boy ignored him entirely, relieved when the other boy who had been setting up the booth did respond to his question. "Choice as!" He said brightly and signed his name on the sheet, already looking forward to his first meeting.
@Simon Thorne @Noel Waldgrave

Giulia listened carefully as the older girl spoke, nodding slowly. It was a relief that there weren't any questions she had to answer and she signed her name quickly, giving the older girl a nervous smile. "Thank you!" She said, almost forgetting her manners, before slipping away, relieved this was over.
@Poppy Perkins

Samantha waves back to Noel, when she notices the boy waved at her. She turns when she notices that someone had approached her. She smiles and waves a little, as a girl approaches. "Hello! Heta Omega is like a sisterhood club if that makes sense. Kinda like a girl club. We do all fun and exciting events and on occasion, we do events with the brotherhood club" Samantha says with a small smile, hoping that her explanation had made sense. "The sign-up sheet is just there if you'd like to sign up and you can also take a muffin, cookie or a lolly if you'd like," Samantha says with a smile, as she points to the variety of food she was offering.

@Noel Waldgrave @Maisie Morvay

Charlie stepped forward, signing his name on the list. "I, uh, my name is Charlie," he introduced himself, smiling at the older boy a little shyly. "Have you liked being in the brotherhood?" He asked, curious. He had an idea of what it was supposed to be, but he wasn't sure what the boys in it thought of the club itself. He thought some of his roommates might be part of it but he hadn't thought to ask. @Noel Waldgrave

Xinyi considered what the boy said, looking at the various plants. "Well, um... I'm not sure about flowers," his voice wavered. He was totally lying, he loved flowers. "But, um... you're captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, right?" He asked, looking over at the photographs. "Is this a good club?" He asked, peeking up at the boy. @Lysander Summers

Emily chuckled softly, shaking her head. "No, I don't think so," she smiled back, reaching into her bag and pulling out a water bottle. "I just thought you might need a drink," she set the bottle in front of Sydney. She was confident the note tucked in the bottle wrapper wasn't immediately obvious.

Emily watched as Sydney was approached by a younger girl, smiling and just a bit impressed at Syndey's influence. When the girl had gone, Emily let out a slight chuckle. "Well, I have a nook of the library summoning me. You seem to have things in control." Emily almost reached for Sydney's hand, but decided against it. "I'll see you later?" She asked, smiling softly. @Sydney Townsend

"Course not," he responded stubbornly, even if deep down he would rather they didn't have anything to do with the stupid girls club. Maybe those events could be ones he could avoid if he wasn't in the mood for them. But he didn't really have any other questions and he had already written his name down for the club, meaning he had nothing else to do at this stall. So, he slipped away from the rest of the room, looking around for a minute until he spotted his brother and a boy wearing a rather elaborate flower get-up. "Sup?" he greeted his twin as he wandered over before looking at the flower-clad boy before reaching for the polaroid camera sitting in his pocket. "Can I take a picture, your Flowerness?"
@Simon Thorne @Xinyi Huang @Lysander Summers

Louis was interested in attending this year's club fair. He knew that eventually he would have to join one if he wanted to make friends and try and find like-minded people. As he made his way to the courtyard and looked around at his options, it didn't take him long to decide just where he needed to go. The brotherhood was all about making friends with other guys it seemed, and he believed that was where he could belong. He made his way over to the table where other boys were also crowding around. "Hey, um..." he attempted to push his way through to get the attention of one of the older boys behind the table. "C-can I join?" He couldn't help but be a little nervous, and hoped that one of them heard him over the other people that were asking questions.
@Simon Thorne @Noel Waldgrave

Akihiro didn't like how crowded this table was getting, and quickly. He slipped away, ready to have some time to himself again. He had already had his feel of so many people. He sighed, walking back out of the great hall.

Seamus had joined Hamish at the club fair and he glanced around it. He didn't know what he wanted. They all seemed fine but he wasn't sure what he wanted. "Brotherhood?" he said, pointing towards where some boys were gathered, "I bet they have a room we could hang out in," before he'd even finished speaking, he'd grabbed his brother's sleeve and was dragging him over to the brother, "We'd like to sign up," he said to one of the older boys at the stand.
@Hamish Reid @Noel Waldgrave @Simon Thorne

Maisie smiled, listening intently as the girl went on to tell her about the club. "Yeah, this all sounds really great! I'd love to join," she giggled, reaching for the pen and signing up. "Do you have a lot of fun with this club?" She asked, looking over to the popular boys table. "What kind of events do you guys do with the boys?" She asked, curious. @Samantha Jacobs

Leonardo hadn't been sure what the clubs in this school would bring, he'd never been at muggle school long or often enough to be allowed to join any of their clubs so this seemed like a good idea. But the choice was a lot. There was the sisterhood which he was sure he wasn't able to join, the brotherhood, which seemed....busy and maybe a little childish...the SDA seemed like a good place, he would be able to practice his spells there, that would be a good place for him to start. It wouldn't be childish but useful. He approached the table, straightening out his uniform. "Good afternoon, I'd like to join the Student Defense Association," he said unsure of if he was interrupting anything but getting what he needed to say out. His tone was formal and serious.
@Juniper Zumwalt @Sydney Townsend

Eugene was nervous, very nervous. He'd bought himself a camera and had been working on improving how he used it. He was well enough versed in muggle cameras but not particularly well in magical cameras but he was looking to improve and all because he was rather keen to join the yearbook. Eugene wanted to be able to do that. Ever since he'd found out about the club, he knew it was difficult to join though and was not particularly optimistic about his chances, but trying was better than not trying. The hufflepuff walked into the great hall and immediately spotted him. "Kia Ora bro, I'm looking to sign up for this," he told him already with some examples of his work in hand.
@Ajaccio Skey

Marlow did feel like it was a little late to join a club, but for some reason she felt like she also needed to. She never really had to the urge until she heard of an arts club. Hopefully it's not just arts and crafts She thought to herself as she entered the courtyard. The young Slytherin looked around for the stall that was labeled the Conglomerated Arts Club. She had joined other art clubs when she was back in primary muggle school. Nothing too exciting. Most the time they tried to make her create friendship bracelets or something else completely lame. Marlow wanted to make art, like real art. Art that meant something. A friendship bracelet made out of cheap yarn certainly was not part of her definition. But she wanted to give this art club a try. Maybe it would help her advance, or maybe just maybe she would met like-minded people.

Marlow hoped she would find that as she suddenly saw the stall for the Arts Club, a sign full of glitter. Not quite her favourite material. Glitter covered everything and rarely stayed on a piece without some more expensive sealant. It was a nice attempt though. The Slytherin girl tried to smile as she approached the booth that seemed to have quite a few sign ups already. "Hey.." She began pausing, not quite knowing if she had to prove her love for art, for painting, or the magic of it all, or if she could simply sign up. Marlow wasn't sure which option she preferred honestly. She went with the simple. "I'd like to sign up for the Conglomerated Arts Club." She stated simply looking at the two slightly older students that were in charge of the stand.

@Casper Beckett @Kiara Wood

Kiara winked at Casper before he went on to talk with some boy, glad that there showed up some girl who wanted to sign up for the club, and Kiara excitedly grabbed a name tag. "Hey, darling!" she excitedly smiled and with other hand took the sheet, not being bothered that it was covered in glitters because Kia was all over in glitters. "I am Kiara, if there is any questions, I am more than happy to answer to all of them. And here is the sheet," the Ravenclaw easily gave the girl the paper and pen, and with that, handed the name tag for her. "Do you want me to write your name on the name tag or you wish to do it yourself?" She easily touched her wand that was next to her but before that, smiled at the girl, tryinf to respect her privacy.
@Marlow Sanderson

Marlow cringed slightly as the older girl called her 'darling.' Maybe this was a mistake after all. Please let it be a fake happiness She thought as she saw the sign in sheet that was, guess what, covered in more glitter. Did this people only use glitter? It was barely an art material. Nothing like the watercolor paints she had upon her shoulder in her backpack nestled near her sketchbook, a new one for the new year. She had finished about one a year, sometimes more depending on the inspiration she felt. Marlow tried to keep that inspiration in her heart as she talked to the overly excited girl in front of her. "Hello Kiara. It's nice to meet you." She said to the bubbly girl forcing a small smile on her own face. "The name is Marlow. Not darling by the way." She added, the smile growing a little wider on her face. She did not enjoy dumb pet names no matter who was giving them to her.

Marlow signed her name onto the sheet of paper. It was too late to back down now, even if she certainly had her doubts this club would be any better than the muggle art groups her mother always signed her up for. Marlow did have a few questions, but bit her tongue. She had enough interaction at this moment. "You can do the name if you wish. It's Marlow Sanderson." She added, wondering why they needed a name tag in the first place, nonetheless one that was probably covered in more glitter that would take forever to get out of her outfit.

@Kiara Wood

Kiara cheerfully smiled when the girl corrected her and lightly nodded. "Got it. Won't ever call you darling again! Nice to meet you, Marlow," she happily smiled at her. Even for Kiara it was sometimes hard to get used to the fact that not everyone liked being surrounded by the full happiness and love from unknown people, so she tried to be more settled down. However, her smile didn't fade away at any point, she was still a public face, she wasn't going to take it off for someone.

When Marlow said her full name, Kiara easily took her wand and wrote the name. She had to leave it imprinted in to the tag instead of writing it in the way it would fade away the moment water touched it. "We will let you know when the meeting will happen! Can't wait to see you around, have a nice semester!" Kiara happily wished her and handed the name tag. "If you ever need anything, even if you want the name tag to be in another color. I'm easy to find," she offered easily, the year of Kiara being a no-name in the school had passed by. Now she was something more than that.
@Marlow Sanderson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back