Y39 Club Fair

Now that she was well and truly stuck here, Celia figured she had to make the most of her time at Hogwarts. She needed to fill her resume up so that she had something to point to when she applied to colleges. Translating the magical extracurriculars into muggle ones for college apps would take some finessing, but she'd cross that bridge when she got to it. First, she needed to get involved.

Celia wrinkled her nose when she stepped into the courtyard and saw that the club fair was teeming with first years. Hopefully no one would mistake her for one of them. She already had a list of the clubs she wanted to join ready, so she just needed to get her sign-ups done as quickly as possible before getting out of here. She made a beeline for the Hogwarts Monthly table, which would undoubtedly look the best on a resume. "Hi!" she said, greeting the girl behind the table with her most confident smile. "I'm Celia. I'd like to apply to be on the Monthly."

@Poppy Perkins

Gwen was here to sign up for two clubs. First on her list was the yearbook. If she wanted to become somebody at this school, being part of the group that put the yearbook together seemed like a good start. She could make it cute and pretty and also learn quickly about the other students. Maybe she could even make herself look better or manipulate superlative decisions if it came to that. She headed to that table first with a grin. "I'd like to sign up." She told the boy running it, showing him a few photos she had made before Hogwarts. Most of them were of pretty flowers or her own baked goods, but she knew they were good.

@Ajaccio Skey

Ajaccio was pleased to have one sign up and hoped that there might be second or even a third. He looked towards a young girl who approached him. "Sure thing, just fill this out, attach some sample works and you'll be on your way," he say, holding out a form to her, "And we'll be in touch soon after," Ajaccio thought she seemed nice and the examples she'd shown him was pretty good.
@Gwen Goodwin

Gwen smiled and nodded, taking the form from him. "Thanks! I'll do that." She said happily. She knew she would be accepted. Then she moved on to the next club she wanted to join. She saw Molly there and beamed at her. "Hi Molly!" She said brightly. Then she turned to the president. "I'd like to join too!"

@Ajaccio Skey @Molly Burke @Samantha Jacobs

Maisie smiled brightly, picking up a cookie. "Thank you! I'll see you later!" She told the girl cheerfully, before skipping off to another table. "Hi!" She greeted the boy sitting there. "Why are you covered in flowers?" She asked, curious.

@Samantha Jacobs @Lysander Summers

Parker just hoped that someone he knew would actually show up so he was just standing in one place awkwardly. However, he didn't notice anyone he knew so he quietly approached one of the stands and gave a half-smile to both leaders. "I still can sign up if I'm not a first year, right?"
@Noel Waldgrave @Simon Thorne

Tim knew what he wanted, he had no chance to spend as much time with animals, so he was just there with some of them, however, it was a little push to sign up for chance to spend time with plants. They were alive too, right? Everyone always said they were, well, they moved and breathed, right? "Geeez, hey! I'm Tim," he loudly said and smiled at the leader and smiled at the girl next to him. "Hey! It's for you," Tim wasn't going to ignore her, so he just handed her one of the little origami's that he managed to not fail. It was a little swan, pretty awkward but he didn't exactly care. "I leave my name here, right? Is it a big problem that I have a huge handwriting? Do I have to make it smaller somehow?" He finally returned to the boy and throw out the flow with questions.
@Lysander Summers @Maisie Morvay

Leah was just like always, her hair was messy, she still had on her pyjama pants but this time, she threw on a light blue hoodie. She was spinning some coin from the games and just excitedly twirled aroung to see what was going on. Plants. Not for her, she preferred something that could actually move. Arts. Well... It wasn't bad but her only art was talking. Duels. He, no. She didn't wanna hurt anyone. Well, Brotherhood, didn't seem like a place where she would be even allowed to be at. So Heta it is. "Eyo! I am signing up, yes?" She excitedly smiled before at the older girl.
@Samantha Jacobs

Just as Poppy waved off the first student she was quickly approached by another. She returned the other girl’s smile and gestured to the sign up list. “That’s great!” she said brightly and started to relax now that she had managed to get more than one person to sign up. “Well you don’t have to apply, you just have to write your name over there!” she explained encouragingly. “Everyone who wants to join can.” she added just in case the younger girl was worried she might not make it or something. @Celia Vuong

Simon smiled tightly as the twins finally left, unsurprised that they didn’t enjoy his joke. But he had plenty of other things to keep him busy. A slightly older boy who he recognized as being in his brother’s year walked up to the table. “Of course not.” he said enthusiastically. “You can sign up for the club any time. We’d be glad to have you.” he explained and motioned to the sign up list. “Just sign your name over there.” @Parker Reed

"You... just take anyone?" Celia asked dubiously. Even the newspaper at her elementary school had required an application. She frowned for a second before deciding that the club's nonexistent standards only helped her. Now she didn't have to waste time answering all the boring, clichéd "why do you want to join?" or "what are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?" questions. She pasted on a smile and signed her name on the list. "Thanks!"

It didn't take long to find the next club on her list, Heta Omega. Celia wasn't sure a social club would do all that much for her resume, but maybe there was a philanthropic bent to it, like the sororities back in the U.S. Plus she needed friends. Not that she would ever admit it. Celia joined the small group of girls clustered around the table and tried to catch the club leader's eye. "Hi, I'd also like to sign up!" She assumed there wouldn't be a rush process, unlike actual sororities.

@Poppy Perkins @Samantha Jacobs

Samantha smiles and waves goodbye as the first girl leaves. "No problem! See you later!" Sam says with a small smile to the first girl (@Maisie Morvay ) and then she looks up as another young girl comes up to the stall. "Hiya! Of course, you can join. Just sign your name on the signup sheet and feel free to take a cookie, muffin or a lolly, if you wish" Samantha says to the Slytherin (@Gwen Goodwin ) with a smile, as she points to the signup sheet and the food. It wasn't long before another girl came walking up towards her stall. "Hey! Yeah, you can sign up. Just sign your name on the signup sheet and please feel free to take a cookie, muffin or a lolly" Samantha says with a small smile to the Ravenclaw (@Leah Rogers ). It was long after that when yet another girl, who looked only slightly older wanted to sign up as well. "Hi, there! Yeah of course! Just sign your name on the signup sheet and there is also some lollies over there as well if you'd like" Samantha says to the other Slytherin girl (@Celia Vuong )

Molly giggles and claps when the older girl says she could join. "Cool!" Molly giggles, before she writes down her name on the signup sheet. She looks up when she hears her name being called. "Oh hi, Gwen," Molly says with a small smile and wave. She was happy that there was someone else she knew that was also joining the club she was joining. Molly happily accepted the offer when the President of the club had told her she was free to take some of the sweets. "Oh, I'll take one of each" Molly says with a giggle before she takes a muffin, cookie and a lolly. "Thanks, Miss President, Bye Gwen!" Molly says with a struggles wave and giggles before she skips away from the stall and looked around the rest of the club stalls.

@Samantha Jacobs @Gwen Goodwin

Lysander chuckled at the boy and shrugged his shoulders. "We can teach you how not to do that if you ever change your mind." He offered. He took the polaroid and looked it over, grinning broadly at the picture. This had been an excellent choice. He stuck the picture up on the stall with the others, and turned his attention to a girl that had joined them. "What gave it away?" He asked, giving a small spin to show off his flower cloak. "Just put your name down here if you want." He continued, gesturing to the sign-up sheet. He was glad to see his table getting more attention. Herbology and gardening were niche interests, and compared to the gendered clubs it didn't get as much traction, so it was nice to see it pick up. Another girl approached, and Lysander readjusted his flower crown. "I'm the King of Flowers. This is the Wild Patch club, we're all about plants here, so if you want to become one of my loyal, floral subjects..." He tapped the sign-up sheet with his wand invitingly. Who could resist such a fantastic offer? Another boy arrived, full of energy, and Lysander had to chuckle at him. "If there's still plenty of space for other people to write their names, you can write yours as big as you want. You could write it sideways, there's plenty of space there." He suggested, tilting his head to give the sheet of parchment a sideways look. No ones name had been long enough to fill it from end to end.​
@Jingyi Huang @Niamh Eriksen @Maisie Morvay @Timothy Black

Maisie smiled, reaching down and signing her name. She liked his cloak. She looked over, surprised as a boy handed her a paper swan. She smiled, taking it from him. "Oh, it's pretty! Thank you!" She took the swan and tucked in away safely in her pouch. She looked back to the older boy, giggling at what he said. "I'll sign on, your majesty," She bowed dramatically, giggling.

@Timothy Black @Lysander Summers

Niamh listened as the boy, as now the boy, she realised it was a boy under the herbaceous robes, spoke. "all blomstener gave it away" she said not quite realising that this was a retorrical question until she was half way through the answer and then lost her train of thought for a second throwing in the Norwegian word for "the flowers". she reached for the paper that she had been passed ducking her hide her flsuter as she put her name down. The boy didn't say anything about it being her full name, so no harmony here, just her preferred Sky Eriksen. she was going to ask if that wasall but a lot of people had crowded around the table so she stepped away and made her way towards the table that thanks to mollys outburst she knew was a club for girls. three clubs seemed like a goodquantity.
she walked towards the table which was also busy "hi." she said before waiting for the girl to finiss talking to the other people. "what is the Heta Omega?" she asked unlike the other two clibs whose names gave it away two letters wasnt much af a hint.
@Lysander Summers @Samantha Jacobs

"Thanks!" Celia shot the girl a smile and signed her name though she didn't take any candy. Even though her mom was thousands of miles away, she could already hear her voice, the lecture about eating healthy. She glanced around, quickly becoming distracted by the Wild Patch Club's table. It was by far the prettiest one here, but she knew the club would ultimately be of little use to her. She had zero plans of becoming a gardener.

Celia finally spotted the Student Defence Association booth, the table covered with trophies. That was exactly why she wanted to join — to make one of those trophies her own. Hogwarts had very few opportunities for individual glory, but the dueling tournament was one of them. SDA would help prepare her for that. Celia approached the table and smiled at the leaders, though she avoided making eye contact with Sydney in case Styx had said something to the Slytherin prefects about her last year. "Hi, I'd like to join."

@Samantha Jacobs @Sydney Townsend @Juniper Zumwalt

Sydney quirked an eyebrow when one of the younger Slytherins approached to sign up, noting the girl seemed to be avoiding her eye. She supposed it showed a healthy level of caution, so Sydney decided to her do it without comment, sliding the sign-up sheet over. "Put your name here and take a button so you'll know when the club meetings are," she said, tapping the sheet. @Celia Vuong

Celia nodded, relieved that Sydney didn't seem to recognize her. She signed her name and passed the sign-up sheet back. "Thanks." The buttons weren't quite Celia's taste — who had decided purple and green was a good color scheme? — but she took one anyways. It wasn't like she had to wear it. Glad that she'd managed to sign up for all the clubs on her list with little fuss, she headed for the courtyard exit. She didn't want to be surrounded by first years any longer than necessary.

Tim excitedly smiled at the girl and his eyes went wide when she adressed to the leader of the Wild Patch as majesty. "Wait, we are supposed to call you your majesty? Eyo, I wanna be a royalty too! How can I become a king too?" Tim let out the flow with questions and then heard that he can write his name sideways. "No way! I am totally gonna do it!" The boy actually write his name sideways, while being too excited.
@Lysander Summers

Parker carefully listened to the leader's words and nodded. That all totally didn't sound bad, it actually sounded really good. "Alright! Sounds good," Parker easily wrote his name where he was said to write it down and gave a light smile to the boy. "Thank you and have a good day!" He easily left, he wasn't planning on signing up to other clubs anyway.
@Simon Thorne

Robina, if before it was not safe to choose a club fair, then by entering the hall she realized what she wanted. At first he walked around everyone and looked, but in the end he returned to the one where everything stayed longer. She was not one of those people who was shy or insecure. Robina clearly knew she could do it, so she didn't hesitate for a long time. ''Hello! I want to subscribe Monthly Hogwarts as a team.'' She said, probably because he knew will be able to do a lot of the school newspaper many good and even will be able to also bring in some new ideas, if it was her will to implement them.
@Poppy Perkins

Poppy wasn't sure how to react to the way the other girl seemed disappointed that anyone could join. But she simply gave her one more warm smile before she was off. And it wasn't long before a first year from her own house approached the table. "Hello!" she said brightly. "Sure! Just sign you name right over there." @Robina Black

Samantha smiles as another young girl approaches the table. "Hello. Heta Omega is kinda like a girls club, I guess you could say. We do small get together events and occasionally do events with the brotherhood club, the boy club" Samantha says with a small smile as she explains the club, and then points to the brotherhood stall, when she mentioned the boy club. "If you want to sign up, you can fill out your name on the signup sheet. Also feel free to take a cookie, muffin or a lolly" Samantha says with a small smile as she points to the items and food she mentions.

@Niamh Eriksen

Robin took a sheet of paper closer and signed up, as Poppy had already said. Once signed up decided to ask what is available from the posts to see how perhaps useful. "What's available for choice?" She asked as she placed the pen on the table.
@Poppy Perkins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back