Open Y37 End of Year Feast

Salem had to admit she wasn't completely paying attention to the headmistress as she spoke, busying herself looking around the Great Hall, especially at all the new red and gold banners set up for Gryffindor. She nearly missed the announcement they'd won the house cup, jumping to her feet to cheer with her housemates a split-second after everyone else. She wasn't exactly sure if winning the house cup was good for anything other than winning, but she was excited they had done it anyway, laughing and jumping a little with the other Gryffindors until everyone calmed down enough to begin dinner. Salem had been getting a bit bored with school towards the end of the year, so it was nice to have something exciting to close out the year with.

When Lauren mentioned how much she was going to miss Aonghas, that seemed answer enough. He knew the two were a close pair, like him and Lily, and he couldn’t imagine how upset he’d be if Lily was leaving the school a year early. It was bad enough losing Alice. The invite to the wedding was a little surprising. In all the fretting he’d done this year, Elliot had half forgotten Aonghas was actually getting married. And it seemed nothing had managed to change his mind about it over the course of the year. “Oh. Yeah, I’d love to,” he said softly, giving Aonghas a smile. “You sure we can’t change your mind?” Elliot asked, tone joking, though he was still hoping maybe Aonghas would spontaneously decide it really was worth sticking around just one more year. @Lauren Davenport @Aonghas Fergusson

Sydney’s lip curled when someone spoke up and she realized Tyler was sitting on Simon’s other side. “What, worried I'd out stage you at duelling if I stuck around. Don’t tempt me,” she snapped, furiously stabbing a potato with her fork. Tyler had already made her entire year as irritating as possible, did he really have to come in and ruin it right until her last few moments of school. She couldn’t wait until he graduated next year and she was finally, blessedly alone in charge of the SDA. @Tyler Lee

He did feel somewhat judged all of a sudden, sucking on the inside of his cheek as he studied the other Gryffindor. "I'm not in the mood for a celebration," and he didn't think sitting there and eating as much of a celebration, to begin with. "And there is hardly any point in saying goodbye. We're only gonna be away from here for a couple of months," which no doubt would feel like forever. "Besides," he added little quieter, "I don't like goodbyes."

@Ivy Ashworth

Seraphina could care less that once again Gryffindor had proclaimed victory over everyone else. She didn't really assist in their status, seeing as she had been docked points for fighting with Tilly along with other things. She couldn't help but by irritated by the fact she had to be here and clung to her usual seat near the end of a bench, fiddling with the ends of her hair. The girl had secretly tried a hair potion to see what all Jenna's hubbub was about, and she wasn't disappointed with the results. It did in fact make her hair shiny and softer than its natural poof. Eventually, the droning from the headmistresses finished, and food appeared in front of her. It didn't really matter, as she wasn't that hungry. Managing to scrounge a few grapes onto her plate in between the rowdy Gryffindors filling their own, Seraphina spotted Tilly in the distance. She wondered how much trouble the Hufflepuff had gotten in over their fight, seeing as they had both caused physical damage to the other. Picking up a grape and a spoon, she launched the small ball across the room, managing to hit Tilly on top of the head. Seraphina quickly smirked and fell back into her seat, pretending to fiddle with the grapes on her plate. @Tilly Drage

Juniper was rather proud of the year she'd had, between claiming her rightful place as dueling champion over a Gryffindor, scoring an internship with EVELYN, and doing rather well in her divination courses. She wasn't surprised to see hear that Minnie had been the top points scorer and gave a loud cheer for her captain as her name was called. She did wish that Ravenclaw would win the house and quidditch cup before she graduated, but Juniper wasn't holding her breath. The most she could ask for was successful bludger hits or knocking people off their brooms. As the food arrived, she gathered some on her plate and smiled at her sister who was sitting nearby.

They had finally managed to eat, after that long speech that the headmistress had made. She turned towards Sawyer and smiled. "Absolutely," Valencia says with an eager nod and she takes a bite of her food. She appreciated the time and effort that the elves do, to make their foods, however, she did miss her mother's cooking and it wasn't the same. "How about you? You ready for the holidays?" Valencia returns the question to the older boy. She was excited to go home. Spend time with her family, researching and spending time with her muggle friends that she hadn't seen in forever. @Sawyer Carnahan

Adorah took a seat at the Ravenclaw table, admiring the Gryffindor decor around the hall. While it wasn't the same as seeing blue everywhere, she felt satisfied that at least her girlfriend was able to celebrate the win. As Headmistress Alicastell announced the necessary accolades, Adorah clapped for each one, especially Minnie and Elliot. She had always been pleased to see her peers succeed, almost more than being recognized herself. The contentment was short lived as the food appeared, bringing on the dreaded feeling of leaving the castle. This would be the second break she was not allowed to stay at home, and while Juniper had assisted in her sneaking into their childhood bedroom at first, it proved difficult to hide her slumbers from her parents. She still wasn't quite sure how the break would unfold, but she had managed to convince some of her older siblings to allow her a couch for a few weeks at a time, hoping it would continue until September. Adorah returned her smile to Juniper and then looked across the room for Aisa, hoping to get in a proper good-bye before they left.

Sawyer nodded, picking his way through the serving dishes to find as many green things as he could. He was definitely looking forward to going home, but he was going to miss getting to eat real food for the next few months. "Yeah for sure, though I'll miss the food I think. Maybe I'll get lucky and Dad'll have learnt what a broccoli is," he said, giving Valencia a crooked smile. "Mostly excited to see my little brother and sister again, they won't be at school for several years yet," he added, keen to gush about Thistle and Felix now that he was so close to seeing them again. @Valencia Addington

All of a sudden, Tilly felt an object bounce off the top of her head. She instinctively reached for her hair. The Hufflepuff girl looked around, not sure exactly what had hit her. She scowled, completely unaware that @Seraphina My was to blame. Really, she suspected the resident poltergeist. This time, she didn’t have the heart to duck under the table and save her food. She didn’t even want to eat it.

Michael had managed to enlarge his curly locks to reflect his newly found Gryffindor pride. While he couldn't grow any facial hair yet, he had managed to bargin with another student for some of their makeup to fake a rather dreadful rendition of a beard. When the headmistress claimed the lions victorious, Michael leaped out of his seat giving his best roars and cheers alongside the other boys at the table. He quickly grabbed some food once it was available and started shoveling it into his mouth.

Elara was excited to see Gryffindor winning the house cup, and hopefully, it meant they had a chance at winning the Quidditch Cup next year. The stupid Slytherins didn't really deserve it, but of course, she would never say that out loud. Trying not to focus on the negative, she looked foward to reuniting with her sisters and dads, especially since it meant a full schedule until September. She desperately missed traveling and living out of a suitcase, and while her dads were convinced this was what was best for her, she figured bribing them to home school her again might still be worth a shot. "Are you excited for the break?" she asked her nearby roommate. @Salem Lee

Lauren heard Aonghas speaking about the wedding and how much she wanted Aonghas to be happy, she also felt an bit sad. They seemed connected in a way. And she was wondering if those stupid Pure Bloods wedding plans all the time wouldn't be there, if Aonghas and she would or could be more than friends. She hadn't knew love ever, so it was difficult to say she felt more than friendship. Because how could you know what love was than or felt like? She knew it was not an final one, and was glad Aonghas thought like that also. Since she figured it would be in the open right now, she could tell Aonghas about the current situation with Elliot right there. '' I know.. but it will not be the same without you. And you will be married.. I will visit.'' The blonde than said. She would ofcourse be there at the wedding, but it would be hard for her as well. Lauren hold Aonghas for an moment as he hugged her and than took some food in her mouth after letting go. '' I'm not going with you for the break. But thank your family for all they have done. '' Lauren than said to Aonghas, speaking an bit softer since it was still scary and she didn't want people to know that direct. Lauren had liked Elliot, since she played quidditch together with Aonghas before, perhaps she should reach out an bit more to find new people to hang out with. '' So what are your plans for the break?'' She than asked Elliot. Trying to show Aonghas she would be ok.
@Aonghas Fergusson @Elliot Briar

Alice was sitting next to Elliot, holding his hand as they listened to Professor Alicastell's speech. Alice grinned and kissed Elliot's cheek when it was revealed he had gotten the top points for Hufflepuff. While it was too bad Hufflepuff hadn't won the cup in Alice's final year, she was still very happy with this. Alice listened to Elliot's conversation with Aonghas and Lauren as she ate, not really wanting to interrupt. She had her opinions about Aonghas leaving Hogwarts to get married, but she wasn't going to voice them. She didn't even know him. But as Lauren asked Elliot what his plans were for the break, Alice felt like it was safe to break into the conversation as well. "Visit me, I hope." She joked lightly, smiling fondly at Elliot.

@Elliot Briar @Aonghas Fergusson @Lauren Davenport

Tyler smiled innocently at Sydney. "I simply meant leave the feast, if you're bored." He said easily, shaking his head a little at how much she was overreacting. "I hope the break will help you relax a bit, it sounds like you need it." He said lightly, before focusing his attention on his food again and looking away from her.

@Sydney Townsend

Ivy sighed when Flynn said he wasn't in the mood for a celebration, though she supposed she was lucky he hadn't just walked off without another word. She nodded when he said they were only going away for a couple of months. She supposed he was right, but it did feel pretty long to her. His last words surprised her, as they sounded more genuine than what he'd said so far. The conversation they'd had in the past about his parents flashed through her mind, and even Ivy knew to thread carefully here. "Well..." She said. "Then instead of goodbye, I'll say I'll see you soon." She said, giving an awkward sort of wave. "And don't eat a bunch of candy later because you skipped dinner." She added with a slight frown, though she was smiling a bit too.

@Flynn North

Andromeda picked at a chicken drumstick, her mind and stomach turning. She was excited to be going home. Hadn't she longed for this very moment all year? Wished the days would pass a little faster? Yes, she had - and yet the closer it came, the more uneasy she felt. The reason had hit her quite acutely earlier that morning: she had spent more time now at Hogwarts than she had with her foster parents. Was it right, then, to say that she was going home? Or was it only wishful thinking that there was anywhere in the world she truly belonged?

Valencia was sitting opposite at the table, talking to an older boy. Andromeda waited for an opportunity to contribute something meaningful to the conversation, but it was taking its time coming. That was fine. She was used to having nothing to say.

It was the end of the year already and Lillith was too busy looking at the food the pay attention the the Headmistress’ speech. It would be her last time eating hogwarts food until the next school year and Lillith was going to eat so much today. Lillith’s mum may be an exceptional baker and potionmaker but for some reason, she wasn’t the best cook. She looked up from her plate for air, only to see Tilly touch the back of her hair and look a bit confused. “Tilly, are you okay? Does your head hurt?!” She asked, worried, and her mouth full of spaghetti. Possibly it was the food! How could they poison Tilly!

@Tilly Drage

Tilly looked back at Lillith, who seemed concerned. “My head is fine,” she replied, “something bounced off my head. It was probably that poltergeist messing around.” She almost used the word stupid in front of 'poltergeist,' but she wanted to avoid antagonizing Vex in case he was within earshot. Tilly pushed her plate away. “Do you have any plans for the break?” she asked.

@Lillith Montgomery

Oh of course, Lillith was good at jumping to conclusions. “Oh, ok! Good to hear it wasn’t food poisoning!” Lillith didn’t know much about the poltergeist. Only that most of the trouble at the start of the year feast was usually caused by the ghost. “Oh! Not much. Just planning to help out at our bakery and practice some quidd-“ Just then she remembered that her broom had been snapped into half, she’d been using the school brooms ever since the incident with Harper occurred. “-itch... I need to buy a new broom!” She shouted a little loudly. “Do you have anything planned?” She asked.

@Tilly Drage

Professor Kingsley clapped as Gryffindor was announced the house cup winner. They'd kept their lead throughout the year in spite of the bow and arrows, knives, and other assorted issues that she'd managed during the year. But now they were at the end and heading off to break soon. Professor Kingsley couldn't wait. She had a vacation planned for somewhere tropical where she planned on sitting with a drink that had a fancy name and a small umbrella and a book for the duration of her stay. With those thoughts, the professor tucked into her final meal at the castle for the school year.

The corners of Tilly’s mouth turned up when Lillith suggested she might have food poisoning. Where she got that idea, she didn’t know. “A bakery sounds like a dangerous place for you,” Tilly said, her smile widening. She winced when Lillith mentioned her broken broom. “I’m just going home to Samoa.” She took a sip of pumpkin juice. “Hey, maybe you could visit for a weekend?” Their house was small, but it was beachfront, and they could go swimming.

@Lillith Montgomery

Lillith giggled. “Our bakery’s the best.” Lillith was excited to go back to helping out at their bakery again. She was sure her mother would be delighted to have another baker who wasn’t her “burn-the-kitchen-down” dad in the kitchen.

Lillith made a sound somewhere in between a gasp and a squeal. “Sleepover!! I don’t know where Samoa is, but I’ll go!” Lillith’s knowledge of geography was barely enough for a girl her age, so she’d just have to ask her parents, but it was fine. Lillith was now looking extra forward to the break.

@Tilly Drage

River could not believe her first year at Hogwarts was coming to an end. There she was sitting in the Great Hall (which was covered in Gryffindor colors) thinking about how much she did not want to go home. She would much rather spend the Summer here. It would, of course, be great to see her sister more often than she did at school, but it felt odd going home once again, back to the quiet. River had loved the chaos that Hogwarts provided. Much different than her sister and herself sharing a quiet and lonely house while their mother worked nonstop. Just enjoy this time now River thought to herself as she looked around the Great Hall taking it in for one last time this year.

The headmistress began to speak. She listened intently as each of the highest point winners from the houses were listed. Her older sister had be recognized last year for this, at least that is what River thought since Emmaline never shut up about earning the most points for Gryffindor. As the Gryffindor winner was listed this year, River's mouth fell open slightly. She could not bare to look at Emmaline. She's going to be so disappointed She thought sadly, not able to think about this much longer. The next name on the list was her. Her mouth fell open wider in shock. She had done well this year, but did not imagine that she would be listed as a top house point winner. Her cheeks turned almost as red as the hair on her head as she looked down at her empty plate. Of course she was proud of herself, but she knew this would cause issues between her and her sister. They would have tons of time to fight it out over break though, even Emmaline was even speaking to her.

“I’ll have to visit sometime.” Tilly was not ashamed to admit her love for baked goods. She grinned when Lillith seemed excited to join her over the break. “It’s an island nation northeast of here.” Already, the bad events of the past term were starting to melt away. “Sweet! I have to ask my parents, but I can’t imagine they’d say no.”

@Lillith Montgomery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back