Y31 Club Fair

After signing up for Heta Omega, Alice thanked the older girls and then headed over to the Wild Patch Club. She also really wanted to join them, as it seemed like a lot of fun. "Hi! Can I sign up too?" She asked as she watched a boy in her year sign up for the club. "I'd love to work on making flower crowns and growing the flowers." She said with a nod.

Audra looked over to the girl handing out the bracelets, "Thank you so much. I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone!" She smiled big and put a bracelet onto her wrist. She didn't want to overwhelm herself during her first year at Hogwarts so she decided she would only join the one club for now. Audra happily left the Club Fair, feeling excited for what would happen throughout the rest of the year.

The club fair was one of the events on the school calendar that Charlie had put the most effort into avoiding. Everything she knew about the clubs at Hogwarts was immensely offputting. Gardening and newspapers were boring, and a cutesy friendship slumber party club was much more Emily's kind of thing than Charlie's. After watching Frankie in the duels last year though, Charlie actually felt like there might be something of interest. Keeping her head down and moving quickly through the uncomfortably large crowds Charlie ducked through the fair as fast as she could, quickly making her way to the SDA's booth, finally lifting her eyes from the floor. "I wanna join." She said quickly, hoping to get this over with as fast as possible.

Joining Heta Omega last year had been fun, and Domi enjoyed the club so far, but there were so many activities in this school, and one in particular had drawn her eye. Fighting wasn't exactly Domi's style, but any reason to get onto a stage with people watching was a good one, and with no theatre club Domi would take what she could get. She held her head high as she entered the Great Hall, making her way quickly through the crowds and pushing past a short haired older girl skulking by the booth she was interested in. "Hi! I'm Domi! I want to join your fighting club, please!"

Ainsley smiled at Ellie, pleased to be able to help the older girl. "My holidays were great too, though I missed Hogwarts a lot." The longer Ainsley was here, the more Hogwarts felt like home, and the less her real home seemed to. It was a little conflicting, but there was no time to linger on the thought as new members quickly swarmed their booth. Ainsley watched Eleanor take care of the signups, and once the new members had signed the form she held out her basket of fruit happily. "Would anyone like a snack or a flower crown?" She asked, offering fruit and flowers to the new students. When another girl approached while Ellie was busy Ainsley gave her a quick smile. "Of course you can, here!" She set her basket down for a moment, picking up a spare signup form from the booth and handing it to the young Hufflepuff.

One of the things that had helped Kauri to feel at home at Hogwarts was the Brotherhood, and he had been honoured to be offered a position in the club. He wasn't sure exactly what a social chair did yet, but he figured helping other people feel comfortable in the club was doubtless part of it, and he was excited to attend the club fair and begin introducing new students to the Brotherhood. If it helped new students feel at home the same way it had helped him, that would be the perfect start to the year for him. Making his way over to the Brotherhood booth, Kauri's heart sank as he saw who was already there helping Ares. Oh no. Kauri's heart sank and he considered just turning and running. Anything would be better than a conversation with Tristan. Time passing had only somewhat eased the aching in his heart, and he wasn't ready to return to that yet. Kauri didn't want to let Ares down though, so he forced himself to smile, pushing down the urge to cry that resurfaced every time he saw Tristan, and made his way to the Brotherhood booth, entirely ignoring Tristan and smiling at the president. "Hi Ares! Need help with anything?" He said quickly, refusing to even look at Tristan.

William didn't know how he felt about school clubs, but without his siblings by his side he was beginning to feel even more alone than he had expected at Hogwarts. He relished the chance to make his own friends, make his own first impression, but without Maddy approaching people first, it was hard to know where to start. So maybe joining a club would be a good idea. Looking around the booths, William made a beeline for the club for boys. That would be the first stop, and to his pleasant surprise he saw Abian already there signing up. "Hey. You joining?" He asked, giving the boy a friendly elbow in greeting. "Me too." He looked up at the boys manning the booth. "We gotta sign a form or something?"

The blonde was happy to see how popular Heta Omega seemed. She thought Maddie and Izzy did a great job as president, and now it was her turn. The blonde looked over to the three girls now in front of her. She heard a young girl asking if she could really have a bracelet. The blonde figured it was a lovely thing for the group. Perhaps the next president after her could set this tradition when she would be away from the school. The blonde smiled as Honey said she wanted to join. Amber helped her out and she was glad, they were a good team she figured. '' Yeah it seems like yesterday. The years are going so fast now..'' Evelyn answered to Amber.

They had a list now of three girls that wanted to join. The blonde smiled at the girls and than to Amber. '' Welcome to Heta Omega. See you at the first meeting!'' Evelyn said friendly to the girls that were joining. The blonde looked over to Hogwarts Monthly for a moment an saw Lennon and Noemie. She enjoyed writing for the Hogwarts Monthly and would be thinking about a subject again. Ofcourse it would be something fashion related as that was her speciality. She had good reactions on her last article with the Yule Ball comments. Evelyn than looked at Alexis who suddenly said she wanted to join another club. The blonde was fine with it. She and Amber would manage together. Evelyn looked at Amber for a moment and saw her badge, it was still hard to see the badge and not wearing it. But she had to focus on something else now. '' No sure. Go and do your thing.'' Evelyn said to the girl she barely knew with a small smile. She herself was a a member of another club too. It was free to join clubs, she didn't want to decide for others to not join other groups than Heta Omega. When another girl but this time a older one joined the table Evelyn frowned. It was Zoe Katsaros, the ex girlfriend from Lucas and the twin of her enemy Zenia. It wasn't really someone she excpected at her table. '' Hi Zoe.. I'm suprised you want to join. But everyone can join ofcourse. And sure you know Amber? She is in your house.'' Evelyn looked at Zenia and than Amber. A photo of her and Amber in the yearbook would be nice. Evelyn took a bracelet and pointed out at Zenia, for the Heta Omega group. '' Welcome to Heta Omega.'' Evelyn said less excited than to the other first years. Now they had four new members.

Isabelle had heard of the club fair. She already knew which club she wantedd to join, and had her eyes on that. It wasn't hard to miss when she entered the Great Hall. It seemed crowdy at Heta Omega, but Isabelle was patient. You had nothing at being impatient, time was something beautiful and necessary. When another girl stepped away from the table with a smile on her face Isabelle walked towards it. She smiled as she saw two girls at the table. She didn't saw them before and figured they weren't in her house, but that didn't mattered. Perhaps they knew her cousins. '' Hello! I'm Isabelle. I'd like to join Heta Omega. My cousin Maddie runned the club and I've heard fun stories.'' The brunette said to the girl that seemed really sweet. The other blonde girl was talking to some other older girl so she figured taling to the other girl. Isabelle couldn't wait to tell Maddie when she would join this club.

Heta Omega was always popular, but Amber was still happy and relieved to see they had so many interested parties. She was happy to help out the first years, and they really seemed to enjoy the bracelets they were being given. Amber herself had joined in her first year too, so she felt a little surprised to see someone their own age joining. It was Zoe Kastaros, a girl she had shared a room with for the past five years. Amber didn't know her that well, but the girl had always been nice to her. She knew Evelyn had some history with her and her sister, but that couldn't get in the way of club business. Amber smiled brightly, hoping to make up for Evelyn's frown. "Hi Zoe! Of course you can join. I hope you enjoy the club!" She said brightly. "A picture for the yearbook is great!" Another young girl approached, and Amber quickly turned to her. She was sure Evelyn had Zoe covered. "Hi Isabelle, I love your name. You're welcome to join Heta Omega, of course!" She handed the young Ravenclaw a bracelet. "If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Evelyn." She added, hoping everything was clear for the young girl.

Lauryn was quite giddy that day. It was Club Fair day and she had heard that Lucas' current girlfriend is running a sorority. She wanted to join but just because to see how she runs it. Of course, it wouldn't be fair if Lauryn didn't drag her best friend Kira with her. "So, I heard this sorority is a bit girly in things. You like girly things, Kira." Lauryn pointed out. It wasn't easy to make her best friend get to where they are at right now. But she had agreed anyways. "I'll do the introductions and you back me up if my fake smile doesn't work." The brunette Hufflepuff smiled at the brunette Ravenclaw. Lauryn was supposed to be just joining her Quidditch team but a little fun wouldn't hurt her schedule and practice. They entered the Great Hall holding hands. Dress in their nicest dresses, but she refused to wear heels, instead a cute pair of sneakers.

The Hufflepuff found the booth quickly and fast as she would get to the fridge. They were there, Lauryn with a big smile. "Hi! I'm Lauryn and this is Kira, we would like to join Heta." She pointed behind her for Kira and she excitedly introduce them to the people on the booth. She was sure they'll only sign up and go because this is too girly to hang out for more minutes.

Kira wasn't sure why she agreed to this. Lauryn had talked her into it, somehow, and now she found herself following the brunette into the Great Hall. Lauryn had also talked her into dressing up, and Kira had only agreed for the secret hope of maybe a certain Slytherin being here. Her eyes scanned the great hall for him. Lauryn asked her a question and Kira turned back to her, smiling. "Sometimes, sure." She answered, but her friend was already off on the next thing. Fake smile?

Kira couldn't help but grin. Lauryn was a handful sometimes, but she was fun. Kira smiled at the girl Lauryn was talking too, hoping a bit that they would see right through her friend so she didn't need to join any clubs. "Yes, we'd like to join." She said with a more convincing smile than Lauryn had.

Alec was carefully listening to the girl. The club was interesting enough that it caught her off guard. She loves flowers and by the looks of the events they were handling, she will enjoy them all. "I would like to sign up for Wild Patch Club." She decided it would be nice to be outside every time. Her owl would love it too and might get an attention from other club members. Alec smiled her way to the sign up sheet with her nice curved writing.

After signing up she linger towards the Heta Omega booth. Looking at how intricate their design was. It was girly, yes, and she was into it. Alec decided it wouldn't hurt if she would have two clubs to join. Both have a purpose but she was disappointed that clubs don't get you extra curricular points. Having fun was the only thing it can get you. "Hi! I'm Alec and I would like to join your club. I've heard this is the oldest club in the school with the Brotherhood as well." The Hufflepuff did her research and the two main clubs were in fact, the oldest. She wanted to be part of the history of the school as well, but handling it might be tough than it looks.

Willow headed towards the great hall her stomach grumbling. she had just been for a run and was going to get something to eat whilst the hall was fairly quiet before she went up to the common room. As the doors to the great hall opened he realised that that plan was not going to happen. the room was crowded with people standing around stands. it was then that Willow remembered that it was the clubs fair. she had seen the poster in the common room last week. there were quite a number of clubs in the school. some sounded like fun, others seemed boring. she wandered around them looking at each one was. the two big stands were the brotherhood and the sisterhood. she wasn't sure what she felt about them as ideas for clubs. surely you had to have more in common with people than just of the same gender. and what would happen if she would rather join the brotherhood? she avoided the crowd around those two tables. next, she passed Hogwarts monthly. not something she fancied reading. she had heard about the school magazine and was not really into gossip. and she wasn't going to be writing for any newspaper anyway as she hated writing. next was the wild patch club. she smiled at the girl standing at that stand. "hello Geovana" she said to the girl who had been in the garden the other day when she had been reading the newspaper. she didn't want to join the club. it wasn't that she hated herbology, it was far from her least favourite class, but she was not that great at keeping plants alive. and it wasn't something that she was interested in. but she turned to the next stall.
Willow recognised the girl standing behind it as the head girl. bee. She had seen her from time to time in the common room. "Hello. Can I sign up for SDA? she asked. My name is Willow Cullen" she added not sure if it was needed or not.

Alice had been eager to join both Heta Omega and the Wild Patch Club, and she was happy both clubs had such friendly people in them. After she asked if she could join, a really tall girl with red hair spoke to her.Happily, Alice signed up and handed the form back to her. "Thank you! Could I please have a flower crown as well?" She asked hopefully. They looked really pretty, and she hoped they would be spending time in the club on learning to make them. If she could, Alice would wear one every day.

Ainsley smiled warmly at the younger girl's question. "Of course you can!" She picked one off the booth, carefully settling it in the younger girl's hair. "Beautiful! You look like a little fairy princess now." She said happily, picking up her basket of fruit again. "Take a snack as well if you like, I brought plenty for everyone!"

@Geovanna Volt, @Charlie Madison, @Dominique Malone, @Willow Cullen
Bee waved happily as Geo approached her table and stopped by. It was nice to see a familiar face in a sea of unfamiliar ones, mostly younger students signing up for clubs, since the older students had mostly established what they wanted to join earlier on. "Hey!" she said to the Hufflepuff, "just got started, here have a pamphlet," she handed one over to the girl, rather proud of it. Before she could talk to the Hufflepuff longer, a younger girl she recognized as a Gryffindor approached the table and Bee grinned at her. "Hi! If you'd like to sign up, all you have to do is sign your name here," she said, sliding the parchment closer to the girl.

Just then another girl came up and Bee noticed how she seemed determined to get to the table, pushing the other out of the way slightly. She frowned at the action but couldn't help but chuckle a little at her comment. "It's not a fighting club, and there are strict rules to follow, but we'd be happy to have you!" she said. "Just sign your name on this sheet of parchment after she has." She picked up a pamphlet with the list of allowed spells and rules and handed one over to Dominique as it seemed the girl might need to familiarize herself with them quick so she wouldn't break any rules while dueling.

"Oh! I'm Bee by the way," she added quickly, realizing she hadn't introduced herself to either of them. As the girls signed up, she turned and grinned excitedly to Geo before seeing bright haired girl approach them. She recognized her from the common room and knew the girl wasn't a first year so it was a relief not to have to turn her away like she'd had to do to a girl last year. "Hi Willow, you can definitely sign up! Just sign your name on this sheet once they have and I'll let you know when the tournament is starting! There might be another meeting before that so I'll make sure to keep you all informed," she said with all the authority she could muster.

She couldn't help but notice the only people signing up were girls, and Bee felt a sense of pride swell within her. She supposed she should be concerned that no boys were signing up, and the thought of it being because she, a girl, was the leader of the SDA, did cross her mind. What if her table being surrounded by girls made it look like boys weren't welcome either? But she didn't let these thoughts linger for long because she wanted to give the younger boys the benefit of the doubt. Her banner was hung above the table to let them know what type of club it was. She would rather have all the girls in school want to be excellent duelers and if the boys would rather not improve their own skills, then that wasn't her fault. She knew they'd still sign up for the tournament but she hoped they would be active within the club aside from the tournament, as well.

Tristan ignored Kauri the way the Gryffindor was ignoring him. They would have to work together on the club and come to some sort of truce about it, but not yet. Instead, he forced himself to smile at two young boys attempting to join. A Hufflepuff and Slytherin boy, who seemed to know each other. "Hey there, welcome." He said, nodding at the Slytherin. "Here's a form for both of you to sign. We hope to see you at the first meeting." He said pleasantly, if a bit formal. Tristan had no patience for young children, and the older he got the more first years seemed to get on his nerves. He hoped these two wouldn't be too much of a nuisance.

Charlie hadn't been paying much attention to the younger girl approaching, but she certainly hadn't expected to be shoved aside. Scowling slightly she stepped back, not wanting to make an enemy of someone so rude. She was relieved when the older girl behind the booth still spoke to her first and nodded, signing the form quickly and taking a pamphlet. "Thanks." She mumbled to the girl before turning to leave the fair as fast as possible. Charlie had had enough of this crowded mess to last a lifetime. She only hoped she wouldn't regret deciding to join a club altogether.

"You do fighting, right?" Domi commented, smiling up at the older girl. "I saw last year, it was a big event with people fighting each other, so it's a fighting club. I wanna do that." Domi didn't really care what they called the club, as long as she would get to be in front of other people. As soon as she could get to the paper she signed her name with a flourish, smiling cheerfully. "Thanks!" She said brightly, taking the pamphlet the girl offered as a nicety, though she already knew she wouldn't be reading it. Curls bouncing cheerfully, Domi made her way out of the fair, her goals accomplished.

William took the form the older boy had held out to them, signing it quickly before handing it to Abian. "Thanks." He added to the older boy, then gave Abian another light elbow. "I'm gonna go join another club. See you later, mate." He gave the boy a friendly grin before heading over to the booth covered in flowers. It was a bit girly for his taste, but still looked the most like home to him. "Hey, do you do like, nature walks or learn about nature or something?" He asked, hoping to find something at least somewhat like what he was used to at home. He already yearned to be back in the bush, and didn't think it would take him much longer to want to check out the forest, rules or no rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back