Pure Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
asexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Hi all,

I'm just letting you know that we have an urgent civil situation at my house right now and so it might take a while for me to respond to any threads, rps etc. Please be patient in this matter.

Thanks

Hope everything is sorted out for you soon, Teigs. Take your time and take care :hug:

Hope it all gets resolved. Best of luck.

Take your time, Teigs. :hug: I hope things will be okay soon.

Take your time, Teigs. We'll be here when you come back. :wub:

I’ll give more details as I can, but so far the situation is... better then it could be, not as great as we would like.
Thanks for the support guys. ❤️

Hi all, so the situation is as follows.

My dog, Edel, went missing on the 14th December and has since been picked up by a local pound who passed her on to a rescue. We’ve tried to contact them but to no avail. We're trying to start a dialogue with them so that we can get Edel back into our care as she is very sick with a life expectancy of less than 12 months, all of this moving around from facility to facility is likely to be very distressing for her. For three days myself and my family have been trying to get these people from the rescue to contact us and give us the information we are requesting about getting her back, however they have steadfastly refused to give us any information. They've even been in contact with other friends who have messaged them and told them they have contacted us, which is untrue, as our friends know. One friend in particular had at least five messages from this rescue, which is a whole lot more than we got from them. They even gave this friend way more details about Edel's situation, over giving us anything at all.

Luckily, I happen to have a friend in the media who has agreed to help out. She makes no promises, but we are hoping that this will allow us to be seen as people that won't allow anyone to tread on us and steal our family member from us. She had been a part of our family for many, many years, there are a few on the site who have even met our dog Edel, and can attest that she is very much a beloved member of our family.

So that's the situation as it is now. I'll keep you updated of any developments.

Oh my god that's horrible! I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope they see sense & you get Edel back ASAP :hug:

Oh man, that sucks so much! I really hope that you get Edel back soon!

UPDATE

So, finally got some contact - again through a third party - but they've told us we can apply to adopt Edel. Initially the receptionist at the rescue told us we could not put an application in until after she had been medically cleared, something that wasn't even communicated to us until after I was able to get my media friend to help. Eventually the head of the rescue replied to my friends email telling them that she's tried to contact us with the information, but that we haven't done what she asked, which is hilarious since she's never spoken to me and mentioned me as someone she had spoken to. We put the application in this afternoon and she has assured me she will be in contact with us when they have assessed our application, to be honest, I hope this resolves well. As Edel is no longer under our care and was rescued from a kill shelter, she technically now belongs to them and they have every right to deny us as adoption worthy.

It's all really quite traumatising for all of us, especially so soon after Christmas. Edel is not well, she was given less than a year to live nearly 5 months ago and we're terrified she'll die before we get her back. At the moment we're just waiting to see if a) she does contact us to let us know about our app and b) whether she approves it or not.

Either way, we won't be getting Edel back before Tenile is due to leave for Queensland, which was the hope.

xxTeigs.

Last edited:
So, they basically dognapped your dog? That's crazy! Can you report them to your local authority? I would be kicking and screaming in that place until I get my baby back.

What horrible Teigs! It really looks like a movie. So unreal! I hope things work out the way you wanted too. :hug:

Thats horrible, Teigan! I would be absolutely distraught if that ever happened to my pup. I hope he comes back into your arms soon!

I realised I never updated anyone, I think most of you are now aware, but we did have Edel safely returned to us, so she is now, happily back home.

Thanks for the support guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back