Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Noel
Wand
Vine Wand, 12 3/4", Dragon Heartstring Core
HNZ Thread Bingo

Tv Land Teacher GIF by Teachers on TV Land

MESSI is excited to bring you HNZ Thread Bingo (thank you Kris for the suggestion!).

First off, what is BINGO?
If you're unfamiliar with Bingo, it's a game where combinations of letters and numbers are called randomly. The most basic goal is to get five in a row based on your card, but many variations exist. Feel free to read more in this Wikipedia article.

So, what will make HNZ Thread Bingo so special?
Thread Bingo will consist of the same card made for all players made by MESSI. The goal in this case is to mark off every space on the card to achieve Bingo!

Who can play?
Any RPer can play with any character. You can use just one character or use all the ones you have. Characters of all ages and groups are welcome.

What's the timeline?
Thread Bingo is going to be self-paced. Whether it takes you a day, a year, or even 5 years, you can take as long as you need. You can also do it as many times as you'd like when you need inspiration. We hope to add a few challenges along the way for those who want them.

What do I win if I get Bingo?
All people who complete their Bingo Card should quote their Bingo Card in a new post in this thread when it is finished and put "BINGO" after the quote. Admin will then see it, and you will be awarded a special Bingo Trophy! The trophy can only be redeemed once. If you play more than once, you win the knowledge of knowing you made some creative threads each time :D

General Rules for Threads to Qualify in Your Bingo Card
  • The first post in each thread must occur after the date of this post (so no using old threads).
  • One of your characters must be the first poster/initiator in each thread, and there must be at least one reply from a different RPer (so no RPing with just yourself).
  • The Bingo Card can be done in any order.
  • Threads can be open or closed, take place in any IC area on the board, and happen during any special event unless noted otherwise on the Bingo Card.
  • Each thread can only be used once meaning you cannot use one thread to knock off 2 or more squares.
How to Play Bingo
  • Reply to this post use the code below for your Bingo Card.
  • Once you post a thread that checks off a square on your card, come back and edit your card, linking the post in that square.
B
I
N
G
O
At HNZ graduation as a guestAs a student checking out the Electives FairOn the New Zealand Express with a third-yearDuring the Yule BallWith a character visiting the Hospital Wing as a patient
Where someone suffers from a non-life threatening magical ailmentWhere someone sends a letter from the owlerySet right after classWhere a student gets caught by a prefectWhere any dialogue must refrain from using the letters H, N, and Z
In a sixth-year dorm (any house)In Old School Week Style*FREE SPACEIn the Restricted SectionParticipating in the Wheelbarrow Race
Set after a Quidditch game where your team losesAt a school club eventIn the Ministry of MagicWhere a character interacts with a playable magical creatureWhere a student interacts with a professor/staff
In Forum Games and Other Fun with a new gameWith a character visiting St. Mungo's as a patientWhere magic goes awry**In the Quidditch StandsWith a character who stands out on Bleak Street

Extra (but not necessary) Challenges
*This thread cannot take place during an OSW event.
**This thread cannot take place during a dueling tournament

***Feel free to reply with ideas of extra challenges as you go along for others to utilize if they'd like to.

Code:
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER][B][SIZE=26px]B[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER][B][SIZE=26px]I[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER][B][SIZE=26px]N[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER][B][SIZE=26px]G[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER][B][SIZE=26px]O[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]At HNZ graduation as a guest[/TD]
[TD]As a student checking out the Electives Fair[/TD]
[TD]On the New Zealand Express with a third-year[/TD]
[TD]During the Yule Ball[/TD]
[TD]With a character visiting the Hospital Wing as a patient[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Where someone suffers from a non-life threatening magical ailment[/TD]
[TD]Where someone sends a letter from the owlery[/TD]
[TD]Set right after class[/TD]
[TD]Where a student gets caught by a prefect[/TD]
[TD]Where any dialogue must refrain from using the letters H, N, and Z[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]In a sixth-year dorm (any house)[/TD]
[TD]In Old School Week Style*[/TD]
[TD]FREE SPACE[/TD]
[TD]In the Restricted Section[/TD]
[TD]Participating in the Wheelbarrow Race[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Set after a Quidditch game where your team loses[/TD]
[TD]At a school club event[/TD]
[TD]In the Ministry of Magic[/TD]
[TD]Where a character interacts with a playable magical creature[/TD]
[TD]Where a student interacts with a professor/staff[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]In Forum Games and Other Fun with a new game[/TD]
[TD]With a character visiting St. Mungo's as a patient[/TD]
[TD]Where magic goes awry**[/TD]
[TD]In the Quidditch Stands[/TD]
[TD]With a character who stands out on Bleak Street[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

YAY, this sounds like fun! I'm game!

B
I
N
G
O
At HNZ graduation as a guestAs a student checking out the Electives FairOn the New Zealand Express with a third-yearDuring the Yule BallWith a character visiting the Hospital Wing as a patient
Where someone suffers from a non-life threatening magical ailmentWhere someone sends a letter from the owlerySet right after classWhere a student gets caught by a prefectWhere any dialogue must refrain from using the letters H, N, and Z
In a sixth-year dorm (any house)In Old School Week Style*FREE SPACEIn the Restricted SectionParticipating in the Wheelbarrow Race
Set after a Quidditch game where your team losesAt a school club eventIn the Ministry of MagicWhere a character interacts with a playable magical creatureWhere a student interacts with a professor/staff
In Forum Games and Other Fun with a new gameWith a character visiting St. Mungo's as a patientWhere magic goes awry**In the Quidditch StandsWith a character who stands out on Bleak Street

Last edited:
B
I
N
G
O

yesssss

Last edited:
This will probably take me forever but challenge accepted!

B
I
N
G
O

I am STOKED for this one!! Thanks Kris for the great idea, and thanks again Kiersten for taking it and running with it!!

B
I
N
G
O

Last edited:
Hype :party: I've got lots of rps to start so this will be my motivation :woot:

B
I
N
G
O

I have a question - does it count if one thread covers multiple squares?

B
I
N
G
O

B
I
N
G
O

I have a question - does it count if one thread covers multiple squares?
After some discussion with MESSI, we decided that in the spirit of bingo, each thread can only be used once meaning you cannot use one thread to knock off 2 or more squares. This rule has also been added in the original post. Thanks for asking us to clarify, Verity!

Let's see how this goes xD

B
I
N
G
O

actually finally getting around to this now that I potentially have enough brainpower and motivation to maaaaaybe do threads lol

B
I
N
G
O

Last edited:
B
I
N
G
O

Ok I'm gonna try this 💪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back