Get To Know You...r Characters!

Ooh i know the answer to this one.

The Cullens have two houses. the first and their main household is a farm in australia outside the town of waggawagga. it was the land that briar brought with the money she made while playing quidditch. she only played one season but as the land was so far from anywhere, and hard to access by conventional muggle transportation it was cheap, this lack of accessability aided in them making the place werewolf safe. it is on quite a lot of land some of it is paddocks but some is woodland. there is also a dam that the kids go swimming in in the summer. the house its self was little more than a converted barn when they bought it but over the years they have rennovated it to be a fairly nice, comfortable yet simple house.
their second house is a small house in new zealand on the outskirts of some town not too far away from the Ateara's i imagaine it being somethign like what rowan described nothing too exciting or spectacular. it was bought as briar works in new zealand and it aided the time difference. it also meant that willow and lin could be near their cousins growing up. it was also there as a house they could have people visiting without them having to access the farm and thus being able to access during the full moon.

Rhiannon Archer. she can't remember her house from Scotland very well. but when she was growing up in Tasmania she lived in a fairly typical 'modern' Australian house in one of the nicer areas of Hobart. it was two stories and had a fair amount of space inside. basically a typical Australian house. when she was in Melbourne she had a small two-bedroom apartment. which was sort of lived in but not looked after as she was often busy with work to keep it tidy in New Zealand she and Tybalt have a smallish bungalow in a wizarding area walking distance away from obsidian harbour. they have enough space but it isn't overly fancy.

The Le Feys: now they have a few scattered around. first of all we have morgan le fey in le fey cottage on the outskirts of picton. from the outside it is a sweet traditional cottage with roses and ivy growing up the side and flowers in the front garden. but inside it had a few extra bedrooms added by magic and does seem bigger than it should be. it has a large kitchen which is the heart of the family life in the house. the back garden has beds of herbs and vegetables gtrowing as well as chickens roaming around.
Elvera inherited her grandmas house which is in summerset in the uk. to describe it basically it is a hobbit house a house built into a hill though it does have an extra bedroom downstairs for guests. however it is the story behind the house which is even more interesting.
now the le fey women never have much luck in love. i wouldnt go as far as to say it is a family curse (aka not admin approved) but they really have some really bad luck. I cant remember how many generations back it was but I think it was morgans grandma or great-grandma. fell in love with a muggle man and loved him absolutely. unfortunately, this was also the time of one of the world wars (i can't remember which) she married him and fell pregnant with twins before he went to fight. unfortunately he never returned. his family looked after her through her pregnancy and tried to look after her as the girls were young but the los of her love hurt her deeply and she became depressed and started rambling on about magic as if it was real. making no sense. eventually, the family decided to send her to an asylum. which wasn't too far away in a repurposed stately home near a small woodland. the daughters loved their mum. and would often make their way and sneek into the grounds to see her. wher she taught them some magic. the girls built a little cubby house in the woodland, hiding it under the ground and putting grass on top. so they could stay there sometimes when they visited and didn't want to make the trip home. some years later the asylum was closed and the estate had to sell off some of its land to prevent going too far into debt the oldest twin (I think it was morgause who is elveras grandma and morgans mum) bought the area that had once been where she and her sister had gone to see their mum as it had special value to her and was surprised to see their house was still there. she worked on it to make it livable and that is where she lived and where it has been passed down
the le Feys also have a tower in Cornwall which has been in the family for generations. it isn't really livable. but is set up enough that someone should stay there for a few nights if needed. iti s protected by the fidaelius cham and can not be seen from the outside. unless you have been in before. and the first entry must be though a cave underneath the tower that is inaccessible during the high tide

What is your character's house like? Style of architecture, decor, etc?
this is a really interesting question because I always think I'm very limited in my like knowledge of houses - so a lot of the houses I imagine for characters are based on places I've seen, so I know that they likely end up being not accurate to NZ or Australia.

Graeme lives in a house like this: an old crofting cottage in the middle of nowhere, magically enhanced now to be a little bigger on the inside. It would also be very old looking, like stone fire place, exposed brick, large wood beams. I imagine that while it no longer functions as a croft would still technically be a croft.
the wider fergusson clan have several houses all on one plot with the main shop area, being at the very front, and would look something like this it would bridge between being really old but pretty infused with magic and relatively modern looking. they would own a lot of the surrounding land and lease some of it out. Likely too they'd own sheep but hire others to look after them.
I think in both cases it would be still quite old school, a heavy history element to the homes.

Characters like Minnie, the Humes, the Skeys, and derek all live in variations of bungalows and detched houses varying in sizes and gardens. I think they would definitely vary in styles, Minnie's place would likely be the largest sort of detached house, with a tone of open space, very cleanly kept. The humes would have a fair enough space, likely only one floor so more of a bungalow, the parents were always very obsessed with star wars, so they would have a house filled with memorabilia and things like that. For the skeys, the NZ home would be small, same with Derek.

Daintree's family are very rich (but new rich) and so would live on a very modern build. it would be a lot of glass, a lot of modern shapes - like obnoxious, doesn't go with the surrounding area style, is kinda nice too look at, impossible to keep 100% clean without help.

Mazikeen and her parents likely live in a flat block, with a limited amount of rooms and space but are the sort of people to utilise every space making it very homely.

for the archer's, i know the house in my head is very much what I know here in Scotland, it's a compact, two stories, kitchen at the back with a door out to the garden.

@Selene Le Fey LOW KEY I picked this question 'cause Jesse mentioned Elvera living in a hobbit house and I NEEDED DETAILS =)) I love the backstory but man that's saaaaad.

@Stefan Archer The local architecture thing is something I was so curious about and I love that you brought up detached houses! It occurred to me while I was writing my descriptions that my non-NZ characters should be living in attached house block things (I don't even know what they're called) or apartment buildings, but all of that is so far outside my experience it hadn't even occurred to me until this thread that I was picturing NZ style cottages that probably don't exist xD It's so interesting to think about the differences in how we all imagine the same shared universe based on differences in IRL experience.

@Stefan Archer The local architecture thing is something I was so curious about and I love that you brought up detached houses! It occurred to me while I was writing my descriptions that my non-NZ characters should be living in attached house block things (I don't even know what they're called) or apartment buildings, but all of that is so far outside my experience it hadn't even occurred to me until this thread that I was picturing NZ style cottages that probably don't exist xD It's so interesting to think about the differences in how we all imagine the same shared universe based on differences in IRL experience.

Yeah, it's really interesting because countries have unique house set up and local architecture and just things you wouldn't know unless you visited a bunch of places in that location. So, I'm always aware that I imagine houses for NZ and non-NZ character on the knowledge i have of local housing in Scotland (and a little french).

I always think about how some countries have super restrictive building laws - like in france the house or shop should fit the local style of housing, so there are far fewer like ultra modern places.

@Selene Le Fey LOW KEY I picked this question 'cause Jesse mentioned Elvera living in a hobbit house and I NEEDED DETAILS =)) I love the backstory but man that's saaaaad.
I am slightly flattered that elveras housing situation came up in casual conversation. I hope thagt the explantation and the descrption didnt disapoint. lets just say the le feys are a fairly unique family.
After looking back on my notes the lady in the asylum was Igraine le fey who would be Elvera's great-grandma. and the child was morgause who died about 17 IC years ago. and it was ww2.

and i totally agree ousing styles are very different. around the world. especially older countries that have very traditional houses that are almost timeless. whereas say Australia houses are very clear from what era they are from, such as liquide limestone from the 2000's and exposred red brick of the 70's and everything being covered in congrete and painted as of 2010's. and something from the 1970s would be seen as old and in most times people would be more likely to knock it down and rebuild something new rather than do a renovate it.

Psst I highkey wanna build all my character's houses in the sims 👀 and I might have already started Sam and Jon's house all over again cause I believe I originally worked on it years ago but never finished it ahaha.

Interior wise the house has 100% Sam's aesthetic cause you better believe he's pretentious and a control freak about it. Think this kind of vibe https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/372250725434656660/ and https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/289567451032627035/ which are directly lifted from Sam's aesthetic board. I'm very particular ahahaha. Also excuse me if these links don't work properly pinterest is weird sometimes :correct:

I can't think of how else to describe my other character's houses, I feel like most of the time my mind's image is so specific I can't find examples anywhere, but it is such an interesting topic to read/think about. I'm loving reading all about everyone else's character's houses :D

Been a wee while and I've been thinkin 'bout characterisation again, so have another question! The fact that I didn't have many replies off the top of my head has made me realise I need to think more about unreached/unreachable goals for my characters.

If your character could master one skill they don't already have, what would it be?

She's probably going to wind up working on this in time as part of the arc I have planned for her, but Ainsley would really like to learn Latin. She's still obsessed with how magic actually works, and since so many spells have their linguistic roots in Latin, it's definitely something she wants to understand more about.

He would never tell anyone this (maybe Lars) but Blake has always been fascinated by figure skating. He played ice hockey before Hogwarts, and was always very quietly jealous of people who were graceful. Lacking that grace is why he hates dancing, but he knew his dad would say it was too girly a pursuit, so he's never dared look into it. Probably never will, but it's in the back of his mind.

Kauri does try really hard, but he's just not very good at the guitar. He's okay, he's passable, but he's not a musician. Unfortunate, since that's a big asset in his dream career, and he would love to be better at it, but he's just... mediocre. (He also regrets being a pretty crappy artist, but that's less of a detriment to his future :p )

At the moment, Lysander wants to learn parseltongue (and the poor boy really thinks he has a chance/is on the way to learning. Thanks Kas) so he'd choose to master that. Being able to communicate with/understand any kind of animal is something he doesn't want to pass up. I would say he'd want to master becoming an animagus, but currently he just expects to, because thats been an assumption his whole life.

Nate wants to master video editing so he can become a super cool popular Youtuber/Streamer and apparently thinks personality just isn't an important aspect. That's kind of his dream career at the moment, playing video games and making your typical popular videos, and having a ton of followers who think hes just the coolest ever.

Eustacia wants to master death idk what else to say. I mean death isnt really a skill but maybe not dying is?

Ava secretly wants to be a singer and if she could choose she'd want to master her vocal skills.

As happy as he is with his microwave meals, Christopher would probably want to master cooking. (Or guitar, but he already thinks hes pretty boss at it)

Aeon's mastered his one career based skill so if he could pick something else to pursue in his free time that was a skill, it would likely be art. He drew a lot as a kid, and then didn't really have time for it (and still doesn't), so it's something he misses doing and would love to make up for the lost time.

this is a tough one.
Selene: wants to be a seer. she is training for it but isn't one yet. I could also see her possibly wanting to learn to play the piano.

Aspen: "I wanna be where the people are" not a skill so maybe reading or writing.

Willow: maybe sewing. that only just came to my head. but she likes fashion, well not fashion as such but using clothes to represent who she is. so maybe she would like a greater ability to alter things she finds to poop her.

Elvera: I don't know. maybe something music related. she can play the piano. but maybe she would want to be better, or play something else. or maybe something gardening related. she used have a business making skincare products from herbs maybe she was a really not great gardener. or maybe another language, French perhaps we her sister and brother-in-law and nice live in France.

Linden: would be something with animals. maybe some way of communicating with birds.

Last edited:
Oooo

Samantha - possibly the piano. She knows a bit of guitar and bass, so I guess, she would like to develop her musical skills

Issac - since he loves food and snacks so much, i guess the skill would be baking. he hasn't baked in his life, but he would like to learn

Alex - alex LOVES animals, so something to do with animals, definitely.

Valencia - im not too sure on what valencia would like as her skill. but i know for sure it would have something to do with space and the stars. not sure what it would be though

I want to answer all of these so I'm gonna.
What does your character smell like?
So I'm just going to answer with a couple of my characters because... well, we all know why. This is actually something I've thought about for ages, but I never remember to add it to bios - I should do that.

Zennon absolutely smells like potions and plaster - more so now than when he was in school. In school he was a bit of a combo of smelling like soap, liquorice and ink because he was constantly writing reminders on his arms. He doesn't have a great memory for the things he learns in class and he's a messy writer so whenever he used a quill there was a good chance he was spilling it all over himself. He tried using a pen for a while, but that just weirded him out and so he ended up not doing that. As a trainee healer, potions and plaster because I imagine he spends a lot of times in store rooms running errands and jumping in at the last minute to help out with other healers. He also likes to make potions on his off hours and constantly had something bubbling away in the corner of his living room (more on that later) much to @Sam Mackintosh's annoyance I'm sure.

Mary Lou smells like tea and baked goods. Different varieties on different days I imagine - sometimes she'd smell like cinnamon and strawberry cream and other times she'd smell like sweet tea and mango parfait. It's really a lottery with her. As she gets a bit older she's starting to experiment with subtle scents as well, like flowery scents that would compliment her clothes. She also exclusively uses apple and strawberry body wash and shampoo so she would smell mostly like that. The only other thing she would smell like is whatever @Beau Chamberlin and @Wendall Layton smell like because she spends about 90% of her time with either one of them. So it probably rubs off through the day - she'd hate that though.

Rowan smells like development potion, and ink. She used to smell really flowery - before her sister died, but she kind of gave up caring and now just rolls with it. She wears a lot of Elio's clothes though so I dread to think what she smells like on the daily to be honest. Probably clean because she is a very clean person even if Elio isn't. <.< @Elio Zephyr

Chrys is an interesting one because he's very sensitive to scents and would try and change how he smelled depending on who he wanted to spend a lot of time with. He doesn't like to be too overpowering though and so prefers the subtle kind of approach. He's never been a lynx kind of guy and so that kind of thing would probably put him off to be honest and he doesn't see the point in it being overpowering. He's more of a activist for the natural scents, but not natural body scent if that makes sense? he also tends to smell a little of leather because he frequently wears a leather jacket he's had for YEARS

Felix was unfortunately a lynx guy. It was dumb because he's never been a sporty guy. He just liked to smell like one - says a lot about where he is now tbh

Yuki is the stand out among my first/second years. Most of them haven't really experimented with scent yet but she likes to be her mother a lot - she definitely is a lynx body spray girl because she IS sporty and she likes to remember her mother who used a lot os lynx as a teen and even now. She's super athletic too so she probably smells like a combo of lynx and sweat which isn't great but she's never cared. She does like to be clean though so she tends to her things regularly to keep them crisp.
Zennon
The Baros' have a couple of houses all over the place for various reasons and grew up in a manor in America - now though, Zennon specifically lives in NZ in a two bedroom apartment in a wizarding place near St Mungo's. He and Sam share this together and Finley lives mostly in Sam's room, but they equally share the load. Because he lives in Sam's room though, she has the bigger room. It's not a huge place, but it's big enough for the two of them on what they could afford from the money his family gave him get started, of course now they're obviously fending for themselves so they have to be careful with their spending. I imagine their place is pretty sparse with only what they need + Zennon's little potions nook. The house, subsequently, often smells like potions and Sam constantly tells him off for it. As for architecture, I imagine it to be a similar aesthetic to what diagon alley looks like? Because I imagine he lives in/or near Obsidian because he's not far from St Mungo's. I've always just assumed that Obsidian looks like Diagon Alley which is pretty funny because Australia/NZ doesn't really have places that look like that, but I've always figured it was pretty euro-centric so - I dunno ahaha

Mary Lou
Actually ML lives on a plant farm and the land is pretty big. The house itself is smaller - but not tiny. I've always pictured it look like one of those old style urban farm house? So a bit updated and modern, but definitely still with that western kind of architecture. It's surrounded by a lot of plants and as such is in the muggle world but far removed from most other places. They grow a lot of magical plants, but the really obviously magical ones are kept in the barn out back which is charmed that people can't enter without her Uncle - they don't want kids wandering in and losing a finger or hand after all. It's all one level though because her Aunt hates stairs. It looks a bit like this but smaller and less nice.

Chrys
The Kasters have a couple of different places. There's two sides of the family, one based in Germany and one in Australia/New Zealand. The German branch have quite a bit of money and have homes all over Europe for varying things. The Australian/New Zealand branch are less wealthy, but have a place in Australia and two places in New Zealand. The New Zealand Branch Kaster Manor is one of those small modern manors with about half a dozen bedrooms or so - big enough for the family but not ostentatious. And they have a smaller two bedroom apartment near Obsidian that they rotate in and out of that belonged to one of the siblings - after she died it was used as a place to stay during breaks for the Aussie kids so they didn't have to go too far to get home if they didn't want to. The Manor is currently occupied by Chrys' Aunt's Lisa and Hayden and varying other members of the family at different times.
The place they live in Australia is very much like a haphazardly put together Australian version of the burrow - they added extra rooms as they needed them because they live on an unplottable section of land int he middle of no where in Alice Springs. Since Chrys' father can turn into a dingo he wanted to live somewhere he could practice and learn about the Dingo's on his own time and so they essentially live right next to a pack of dingos. Because of that its incredibly well warded. There's plants everywhere - its like living in a green house a lot of the time. Combined with an open air potions lab and a glass roof they really live in a makeshift green house that doubles as a room to sleep and a kitchen on good days.

Yuki lives with her family in Japan in the Edogawa Manor - hilariously Marga and I both have differing opinions on how this looks so I like to think that occasionally Taylor and Conan each do a spot of redecorating by knocking out a wall or two and adding another wall somewhere else just because they have a severe lack of communication sometimes. It's got between 6-9 bedrooms depending on which of us you ask and it's traditionally Japanese so think Ito Estate pics
If your character could master one skill they don't already have, what would it be?
Zennon: Probably communication would be a good start - he's not great at it most of the time.
Mary Lou: she can play piano but she would love to be able to play violin - it's her favourite instrument.
Rowan: she'd love to be able to draw!
Chrys: Chrys has a secret love of cooking and he's always wanted to learn properly but so far never had the opportunity
Felix: Felix has basically no life skills at all so he would love to master anything - though he's a terrible driver and he's always found that to be a good skill.
Yuki: She's eleven - her main and only skill is Quidditch and Martial Arts. She would love to learn how to see the future so she could know everything thats gonna happen in her life.

I have been thinking and I think selene would also like to learn to speak te reo.

I've never actually thought about this question for any of my characters, but I like it and I think I can answer for a couple of them.

For Landon he would probably most likely smell like dirt, as he always has dirt under his nails and whatnot.
Eleanor would smell like Daisies and Tulips.
Charlotte would 100% smell like the Katy Perry perfume.
Lilyanna would smell like old books and parchment.
Isabelle would smell delicate and refreshing, but subtle. Something like the smell of the ocean breeze.

I've always thought about this and I've lost count of how many times I have made and remade all of their houses on the sims.

The Vernier's lived in a small house when they lived in France, a three bedroom place that was a little bit small and cramped, but manageable. They wouldn't have been able to afford it when their mother died, and so they then moved to a two bedroom place where Isabelle and Patrick shared a room (this was only temporary until their father met Ana's mother). They then moved to New Zealand and bought a four bedroom house. Each child had their own bedroom until the twins came, and then Patrick moved into Isabelle's room until Isabelle moved out and the twins shared a room (I imagine Ana would have been too stubborn to change where she slept to accomodate for the twins). It's a very family friendly home, two stories, a little bit cramped since there's currently six people living there, but still spacey and definitely a step-up from where any of them used to live. It comes with a study too so technically it's got 5 bedrooms, however a bed probably wouldn't fit in there.

The Owen's house before Charlotte moved out was a simple three bedroom house, one story. They had gnomes in the garden at the front and plenty of decorations during Christmas time. They also had quite a small backyard that didn't consist of much space which is why most of their plants are cramped out front.

The Hope twins at the moment currently live in a cute little cottage with a massive greenhouse out the back where all of Eleanor's plants are and not much backyard (it's literally just a path to the greenhouse). It's two stories with only two bedrooms at the top and an open kitchen/dining/living room downstairs.

The Owens-Lee family are quite wealthy, with a big 5 bedroom house something like this. It's one of the houses that I actually haven't attempted to build on the sims because it can really go either way. I imagine it would be homey, but it would also be rather grand inside, with big pillars in the entry and a spiral staircase. They would also have hedges out front that are well maintained and a black fence/gate around it as well as a cobblestone path leading up to the door.

Ana would probably want to be more outgoing and have more friends.
Gwen would want to become an animagi.
Estella would want to learn more about muggle engineering and become a muggle engineer.
Cadell would want to learn how to take professional photos.
Lucie would want to read other's minds, and so would Landon tbh.

Wow this thread is something else. ..

I love it!

Okay so to answer the first question...
Alexis would probably smell like old books, parchment with an undertone of mint and lemon... (hope that makes sense)
I wouldn't say that Zachariah uses Axe (personally hate the smell) I'd say he uses Playboy though and mostly smells of dirt and rain with an undertone of mint.

And now for the second question. Their house isn't anything too special. I feel like even though they are pure bloods their godfather isn't and therefore he wouldn't want to flaunt their wealth although he spoils them. (I couldn't really find much but I imagine their house looks like this)

Well. Let's see... oof this is hard...

I think Zachariah would try to master something like potions?...
Alexis would try to master... I really don't know

It has been a while and we are more than overdue a new question so here it is.

what does your character usually eat for breakfast?

after all breakfast seems to be the meal people are most consistent with. It would be weird if you had the same dinner for months in end. But having the same breakfast can be pretty normal. I am still thinking about my answer so I will get back to you.

I'm terrible at breakfast, I'm never hungry in the mornings so I have a bad habit of just skipping it, so this is something I never would have thought about! I think Ainsley's definitely an eggs and toast person, they were probably the most available breakfast foods in her home growing up. Connor is definitely a sugary cereals boy. Blake probably does the obnoxious sports bro Mega Protein Ultrashake breakfast (god i wish i knew enough about sports to know what goes into a Protein Breakfast........) hmmmm . may come back with ideas for others but this is all I've got off the top of my head.

I don't think I have thought about this for many of my chars haha. I also am very bad at eating breakfast myself 🤔

I think Amber would be an eggs and toast person too since I assume her and Ainsley take breakfast together :r

Rose has a big sweet tooth and probably bad habits. I imagine she eats very sugary things for breakfast.

Alice is a cereal person, but now that she lives with Lily I think she eats a lot nicer things for breakfast.

I imagine Ivy is used to eating a balanced breakfast from home and still does so at school.

Louis just eats whatever he wants, both at home and at school :r

okay.
elvera: probably bread and/or fruit and yoghurt. but she would stretch 'bread' to including muffins as well. and obviously one or two cups of tea. she keeps enough food in her office so she can have breakfast in her office without having to come all the way down from the towers.
Briar: totally a bacon or sausage, and probably eggs kind of lady. she used to eat mainly fruit for breakfast growing up but since she was bitten her taste have been far more meatier.
Rhiannon: she is usually very traditional. and her breakfasts are the same as mine. in the winter she would have porridge, and in the summer a granola. when it is her days off she will mix it up a little with toast or something a little more exciting. however, as she may be working shifts she is no stranger to having dinner for breakfast or breakfast for dinner.
Willow: auror training is very physically demanding so i can see her being a shake kind of breakfast person. or anything she can easily pick up. (Or anything chante made and had leftover at the bakery that she acquired) and of course a strong coffee.
Selene: red jam sandwiches open or closed. (I lived on jam sandwiches for breakfast when I was at uni as it took almost two hours to get there and I had 8am lectures every day so I could eat them in the lecture hall before it started. (mum complained that it was probably not healthy until I pointed out it was really not much different to jam on toast))
Linden: tries not to eat too much meat but also growing up with his parents what they are likes his meat. so i see him as an eggs boy a sort of compromise.
Sky: sky would be a traditionalist rye bread and cheese.

I want to answer all of them but it'll take some time so I'll just do the current one for now. Also, I already have the questions in my sticky note.

what does your character usually eat for breakfast?

Alexis would probably have some toast and scrambled eggs and avocados. Or anything that she or Xavier can prepare in the morning. Since she has been preparing for Auror training, she is trying to eat healthily.

Danielle Gates normally hates mango hence it was the reason why @Damien Gates suspects something is off. After giving birth, Danielle often eats pancakes with the girls and her occasional coffee. She is training again as Keeper and her husband tries to rotate the diet to make sure the family eats well.

Noelle often stays up late at night due to university and his tutoring job. Because of that, I can see him just getting a coffee on the go with a bagel or donut from the coffee shop. The only time he eats breakfast at home is when Caelan cooks for the three of them together with Philip. Other times, he is in a rush to peek in the kitchen.

Cassi lives with @Lucca DeNiro and both are career people. With Lucca as an Auror and her as a healer, it is seldom for them to sit for a proper breakfast hence the reason they always make it a point to have dinner together. Nonetheless, Cassi still manages to pack sandwiches for both of them and a thermos of coffee for her boyfriend and tea for her, their breakfast-to-go.

So far, these four came to mind right away. Most of my characters are part of families which usually connects their meals. One example is Angel and Danielle, the other is Cressida and Irene. Either the husbands or the wives plan the meals. :teehee:

Oh! This is an interesting question!! I'm bad at eating breakfast, I've lost the habit to eat breakfast tbh lmao!! I've thought a bit about what I thought my characters would have for breakfast, though I haven't for all my characters lol!

Well, I think Samantha will either have toast or waffles for breakfast mornings. Nothing in particular on the toast, her mood varies on what she wants on her toast lol!

For Issac, I think he'd eat like those protein and healthy cereals I guess (I think Nutrigrain would be his fave)

Molly for sure would either have those kid cereals (Coco Pops) or pancakes (with lots and LOTS of maple syrup)

Nolan, I feel like would change between either marmalade on toast, egg on toast or cereal (he isn't picky on what type of cereal he'd eat though) - But it would take him a long time to decide on what breakfast he'd want because he's indecisive.

For Valencia, I think she'd either have a fancy breakfast (Eggs, sausages, the whole lot - due to her father being a chef) or like porridge lol!

Bringing this back cause I'm bored and procrastinating =))

I love breakfast but I never eat it. I imagine Aine is like me and will probably just have toast most days if she has to eat something but if the breakfasts provided are good she'd be all in on bacon and eggs and pancakes. Neither of us like cereal at all (though porridge on a cold day gets a pass of it's made well).

Violet has bloody marys for breakfast. :r (or more aptly coffee and then doesnt eat until dinner)

Nell tries to eat properly but she probably just subsists on coffee. Probably fruit too at the very least.

Yuelia I feel doesn't have a strong sense of taste so she really doesn't care what she eats, its probably cereal or toast and orange juice and she has no strong feelings about it. Mostly its her dad sitting her down for them to eat together (despite his potionmaking expertise, he's an entirely average cook).

Michael's mother insists he has a well balanced and healthy breakfast every day but if he got a choice he'd go ham on waffles and french toast and other sugary delights.

Noah makes eggs, and avocado toast, and complains loudly when Lizzie goes for the sugary cereals instead, since they take up valuable storage space in the cupboards. :lol:

Am I procrastinating and unable to move on to any work tasks until this one specific one I am stuck on is able to be completed? (Which I'm waiting on someone else for) why yes, yes I am. So I'll answer some more of these and then pose a new one because I am curious. :r

Renata probably uses a light floral inexpensive perfume and deodorant although she probably lately smells like baked goods and icing. Not overpowering but sweet. Yuelia smells like bird and antiseptic (and probably neutral deodorant to cover up the bird). Aine's sweaters probably have a lingering farm smell that's thankfully not too unbearable (and were probably packed with potpourri to cover it). Michael is a lynx boy (and Xenia is unfortunately a lynx girl). Gabrielle would have those reed room diffusers at her desk in her office so she tends to have a lingering smell of vanilla or something. Nell 100% smells like berries, chocolate and coffee. Dahlia is a lynx girl but the floral feminine version. Noah smells like beer and damp wood though he makes a huge effort not to for work in case the ministry think he's an alcoholic (he's not, he just lives over a pub) and ends up smelling of coffee instead. Violet smells of old furniture and quality perfume.

What is your character's house like?
Ooh okay so Violet absolutely grew up in a nice old Queenslander in Brisbane surrounded by tropical plants and with a pool but now has a fairly plain flat in probably Christchurch. I think Aine lives in a pretty big house in this small town (considering she's the youngest of four) and her grandparents have a nice old farmhouse that's a little dated but well maintained with a rose garden. Lots of sheep over a good chunk of land. Renata's family live in a fairly cheap ramshackle residence on top of their restaurant. Yuelia and her father have a magically hidden house that looks a bit run down (with a dodgy looking shed) but it's in better condition than it seems. Michael and his mother live in a muggle townhouse that's in worse condition that it seems. Noah lives in what functioms as a cheap motel above his pub that doesn't actually take bookings but he's quick to give a bed to any local wizards in an emergency - hald the reason he hasn't booted his sister off his couch. Dahlia's family were well off enough to have a inner city Victorian style house in Melbourne but have bought a nice place in the suburbs in Wellington. Gabrielle probably rents a really cheap and nasty apartment but spends most of her time at the school. Nell rents a slightly nicer apartment.

If your character could master one skill they don't usually have what would it be?
Hmm...well Yuelia wants to be able to do legilimency so probably that, lol. If she is able to then I guess she'd want to be an animagus of some kind. Renata would just like to master a skill. Aine would probably change her answer to it weekly but she'd probably like to master public speaking. Dahlia would like to sing. Michael would probably want to speak a second language. Gabrielle...probably acrobatics or something completely out of left field for her. Idk this is a hard one lol. Noah probably would like to master cooking - he's a passable cook but not brilliant. I think Nell would want to play the cello.

Okay so here's a question to consider: If your character had to give a TEDtalk type of presentation, what would they give it on?

(I have a loathing for TEDtalks for a specific situational reason but I'm somewhat curious)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back