Birthday Werewolf

e39.jpg

Okay I wasn't expecting this when I woke up, time to try to defend myself I suppose.

I'm honestly very confused why Rowan is pointing at me so firmly, since I'm playing werewolf the way I always play it. The moment I have some time I go all in and try to list the information we have, which is usually a list of roles/players and whatever other information we had going. I'm honestly tempted to look up old games to prove I always do this, but perhaps that is going a bit far.

I don't think Jess' role honestly matters that much, which I've said numerous times even in the discussion, but on day 1 we never have much information to go on. Jess' role wasn't my focus, but knowing which roles show up as what when they die is useful, which I wanted to know. Same goes for voting and RNG, it's just important to have clarity with those things early on.
For me I find Ana and Kris are leading/posting the same amount as Daph though. I get your reasoning, but not why it's pointed at Daph, but it also makes me reconsider my vote (why do I play this game so much stress)
I agree with this. I wasn't directing votes at anyone in particular, just giving my two cents about voting day one. I've always felt like picking someone inactive is the most 'fair' thing to do early on when there's nothing to go off on. I feel like it would be suspicious if I was trying to guide people to one specific person, several people were inactive when I suggested that idea. Kadi, Tayla Donna, Rowan, Kiersten AND Emzies hadn't posted yet at that point. That's literally half the list.

I wanted to push for a tie cause a) I found it suspicious that Donna randomly voted for someone right after I said I was suspicious of them and b) with so little info to go on, I'm more inclined to push a random tie to catch a wolf than to let someone direct the conversation without due cause
I find this strange seeing as you then broke a tie...
I'll elaborate a bit on why I'm focusing on Daph - She's always a very active player yes, but I don't think I've ever seen her this proactive in a game before. She's come in very firmly directing the conversation in directions I personally think aren't really relevant, unless she's trying to pull attention away from herself/other wolves. It's a much bolder style of play than I've seen her take before - she usually tends more to strategise/categorise in the background and then come in with her theory once she's had time to consider it. There's a chance the unusual behaviour is because today's the second-to-last day of her holiday from work so she's trying to make the most of it, but I'm inclined to take the unusual behaviour as a possible indicator that she's a wolf. Everyone else that's been particularly active has been playing the way they usually do for the most part, and while I'm keeping an eye out I believe that if Daph is a wolf she's dangerous enough to warrant eliminating early.
This just isn't true, haha. Which I find suspicious since I feel like you of all people should know that isn't true. I've always jumped right into the game. Maybe it usually takes a little longer because the timezone is different, but I've always made lists and tables from day 1. The way Kris made the voting table earlier is also something I've done in games in the past starting day 1.

I'm suspicious of Rowan for pushing so hard for me when I've really done nothing all that dangerous or suspicious. I'll summarize in short list why I think his theory is off:

• I'm not suggesting anything new by saying we should go for someone inactive
  • (at the time I suggested this half the people were inactive)
  • I'm usually playing a proactive role in the games
  • I immediately asked for clarification from Mia on several roles and game mechanics, which would be a stupid thing to do as a wolf as they benefit more from chaos and uncertainty
  • I said I don't think Jess' role is that important, but because me and some others (ty Ana for asking MIa directly) asked about it, we now have more information about which role shows up as what.
I should update my list in a second with the new information Mia gave. But I'm also going to vote. For now, I'm voting for someone inactive, as I previously said I would. But I admit that if the day is nearly over and I'm still at 2 votes I will likely change my vote to create a tie to at least give myself a chance.

For now I'm voting for Stefan Archer

EDIT: Another reason for saying you're going to vote for inactive people for me has always been to lure people who might lurk otherwise to post in the game :r which is also beneficial as more posts = more information. Ssssh.

Last edited:
Current Tally
Daphne (Amber Chou Wilson) = 2 votes
Emzies (Stefan Archer), Kadi (Poppy Perkins), Kris (Elliot Briar) = 1 vote each (and listed alphabetically by OOC name for fairness before anyone reads into the order that I list them)

Just over 4 hours left to discuss and vote.

Hello hello i just woke up. I'm always a little tentative about first accusations in werewolf. There's a lot been said already at other people but it's just so speculative at this point. I get why someone would accuse me, I'm never particularly active in discussions - but i can swear down, if I was active that would probably mean something.

For now, with little to go on, i'm just gonna accuse and vote for Donna

Hmm, it really is hard to take a guess at this point because we really don't have very much to go off. That said, I'm going to vote for Elliot Briar (Kris) at this stage by virtue of (admittedly minor) inconsistencies as brought up earlier.

Hmm, it really is hard to take a guess at this point because we really don't have very much to go off. That said, I'm going to vote for Elliot Briar (Kris) at this stage by virtue of (admittedly minor) inconsistencies as brought up earlier.
I would very strongly argue that inconsistency isn't necessarily suspicious. When Daph said voting for inactives was a good idea, Kris agreed with it. They changed their view to focusing on active players after my post, where I pointed out that at this stage an active wolf can do a lot more damage than a passive one, and we should be focusing on people leading discussions. I don't view changing an opinion based on new perspectives as an inconsistency. Similarly, breaking the tie to change their vote to Daph isn't inconsistent, as they changed their perspective based on the behaviour and discussion in the thread.

ok daph's big post cracks knuckles

I'm honestly very confused why Rowan is pointing at me so firmly, since I'm playing werewolf the way I always play it. The moment I have some time I go all in and try to list the information we have, which is usually a list of roles/players and whatever other information we had going.
This is true, but you're usually not nearly so quick to point fingers. My point was that you tend to focus on information gathering and organising the evidence, rather than directing conversation towards specific people/groups of people. That you brought up inactive players so early when it did refer to pretty much half of the players says to me that you wanted to plant the idea early - if other wolves were already active or you were all collectively planning to play actively, it's a tidy way to direct the group's focus away from wolf meddling.

But I'm also going to vote. For now, I'm voting for someone inactive, as I previously said I would. But I admit that if the day is nearly over and I'm still at 2 votes I will likely change my vote to create a tie to at least give myself a chance.
This also strikes me as very unusual - if you're planning to change to save your own hide, why point the finger at someone random first? Again, it feels to me like a misdirection, to draw attention away from more active players. If you had voted for Kadi or Kris it would have drawn things even, and the fact that you actively chose not to do that makes no sense to me whatsoever, unless you're trying to avoid putting either of them in the line of fire 🤔

Overall Daph's logic and decisions throughout this whole day have seemed off to me, and I'm pretty solid in my conviction here.

This is true, but you're usually not nearly so quick to point fingers. My point was that you tend to focus on information gathering and organising the evidence, rather than directing conversation towards specific people/groups of people. That you brought up inactive players so early when it did refer to pretty much half of the players says to me that you wanted to plant the idea early - if other wolves were already active or you were all collectively planning to play actively, it's a tidy way to direct the group's focus away from wolf meddling.
That's not true, I've always been a firm believer in choosing inactive people the first day. Specifically because I do not want to point fingers early on, as it is mostly a random choice at first. I think it's a little weird you're accusing me of pointing fingers when the only person who has specifically singled someone out is you.

This also strikes me as very unusual - if you're planning to change to save your own hide, why point the finger at someone random first? Again, it feels to me like a misdirection, to draw attention away from more active players. If you had voted for Kadi or Kris it would have drawn things even, and the fact that you actively chose not to do that makes no sense to me whatsoever, unless you're trying to avoid putting either of them in the line of fire 🤔

Overall Daph's logic and decisions throughout this whole day have seemed off to me, and I'm pretty solid in my conviction here.
Because I obviously didn't know what would happen over the next few hours? I was simply sticking by what I said earlier, voting for someone inactive. I just wanted to be clear and say I could change my vote to save myself later if it was necessary. I wanted to say it in advance so it wouldn't be brought up as something suspicious or weird later if I did do that. I didn't want to make it a tie just to save myself if I could first try to persuade someone to change their vote or if someone else happened to make it a tie first. I'm not promising I won't change my vote later to save myself even now, but I was trying to stick to my earlier plan. (I feel like if I had suddenly switched it up and voted Kadi or Kris, then that would be seen as suspiciously inconsistent :r )

I also notice you're not reacting to most of my argument, which is that many things I did (asking for clarification on the rules, trying to lure out inactive people to talk) aren't things a wolf would do.

Rowan is trying very hard to get me lynched based on huge assumptions and false logic. I'm not going to change my vote yet (and I know I won't get enough support to lynch Rowan within the next 2 hours even if I tried) but I feel like he's the one being suspiciously aggressive early on.

I was simply sticking by what I said earlier, voting for someone inactive. I just wanted to be clear and say I could change my vote to save myself later if it was necessary. I wanted to say it in advance so it wouldn't be brought up as something suspicious or weird later if I did do that. I didn't want to make it a tie just to save myself if I could first try to persuade someone to change their vote or if someone else happened to make it a tie first.
This seems extremely weird to me, when voting to save yourself would have been both easy and entirely understandable - I doubt anyone would accuse you of being a wolf based on that. A vote for either Kris or Kadi would have done the trick, and I find it incredibly suspicious that even now you're not switching your vote.

I also notice you're not reacting to most of my argument, which is that many things I did (asking for clarification on the rules, trying to lure out inactive people to talk) aren't things a wolf would do.
I didn't respond because I didn't really have anything to say, but now I do - why exactly wouldn't a wolf do those things? If you were a wolf, I assume you would try to play as close to your usual playstyle as possible, and only make subtle changes in order to further your goals. All of the changes in your behaviour I've seen so far have been very subtle, and that's what has me so suspicious. It feels to me like you're doing your best to steer things while blending in, but I can see the difference in your playstyle.

This seems extremely weird to me, when voting to save yourself would have been both easy and entirely understandable - I doubt anyone would accuse you of being a wolf based on that. A vote for either Kris or Kadi would have done the trick, and I find it incredibly suspicious that even now you're not switching your vote.
How is it suspicious to stick to my guns and not want to switch votes all the time? I feel like it'd be more suspicious if I was swapping votes the moment I was in danger. Right now there's a tie, but there's still many people who haven't voted yet. If I'm going to change my vote to save myself I will do that when I have no other options.

I didn't respond because I didn't really have anything to say, but now I do - why exactly wouldn't a wolf do those things? If you were a wolf, I assume you would try to play as close to your usual playstyle as possible, and only make subtle changes in order to further your goals. All of the changes in your behaviour I've seen so far have been very subtle, and that's what has me so suspicious. It feels to me like you're doing your best to steer things while blending in, but I can see the difference in your playstyle.
It's very weird to me that your argument at first is that I'm playing differently and now it's that I'm not playing differently enough. You seem to be wanting to throw suspicion on me no matter what, and that's fine, but your arguments are weak at best. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here.

I'll probably be back before the day ends to change my vote if necessary. But I think there's no more use trying to argue these points, unless you have better reasons for suspecting me than me not changing my vote to save my own skin at the drop of a hat.

How is it suspicious to stick to my guns and not want to switch votes all the time? I feel like it'd be more suspicious if I was swapping votes the moment I was in danger. Right now there's a tie, but there's still many people who haven't voted yet. If I'm going to change my vote to save myself I will do that when I have no other options.
Changing your mind about a planned vote once you're in danger yourself isn't the same as switching votes all the time - when you said you would vote for an inactive player it was before you had 2 votes on yourself, coming back online and finding yourself in danger is an entirely reasonable time to change your mind about a planned vote, and it's very weird to me that you've been so reluctant about this.

It's very weird to me that your argument at first is that I'm playing differently and now it's that I'm not playing differently enough.
I said clearly that my argument is that you're playing subtly differently. No it's not a dramatic leap from your usual playstyle, but it's unusual enough that it stood out to me. As I said before - if you were a wolf I imagine you would play similarly to your usual style, but try to steer the conversation in ways beneficial to your fellow wolves.

Changing your mind about a planned vote once you're in danger yourself isn't the same as switching votes all the time - when you said you would vote for an inactive player it was before you had 2 votes on yourself, coming back online and finding yourself in danger is an entirely reasonable time to change your mind about a planned vote, and it's very weird to me that you've been so reluctant about this.
I don't like changing my vote to someone else just to save myself when I was hoping I could persuade people to vote differently instead. But it's probably what I'll end up doing anyway, seeing as there's not many people around right now to vote or change votes.

One hour left to vote
Current standings are
Daphne (Amber Chou Wilson) and Kris (Elliot Briar) = 2 votes each
Donna (Analei Louw), Emzies (Stefan Archer), Kadi (Poppy Perkins) = 1 vote each

I'm still not thinking Daphne is suspicious here. I do think Rowan going so hard at Daphne so quickly is very interesting and pretty suspicious, and even after most of the stuff back I still don't quite get it. I felt like three people were playing hard right away - Daphne though reading back it was mostly rules clarifications she was after until she was targeted; Ana who seems very keen in wanting to know exactly which role Jess has even after Rowan mentioned that team villager is all we really need to know from them but she still pressed for Jess to come on and say more once we did find out which roles were possible villagers; and Kris who jumped pretty quickly into theories.

At this point only Kiersten hasn't posted and it was mentioned that they haven't been on so while they can be an inactive wolf I'm not sold yet. Emzies popping in at the end is solid Emzies play here. So definitely not convinced that she's not a wolf either.

I need to read back one more time and then I'm gonna vote.

I’m surprised the vote hasn’t been called already but honestly ignore all Rowan’s posted reasoning I’m mainly very intrigued on why he’s pushing so hard for Daph on day one. For a wolf it’d be a very gutsy play that will likely get him killed so I think he has other reasons which is why I’m willing to test that theory and vote for her.

as everyone knows I am daph's number 1 hater and do things only to make her angry

Ok, I've read back and there's been a few interesting things said.
I forgot we have a mayor who has a double vote so it'll be interesting to see if they voted as one of those 1 votes could actually be two and we might have a triple tie.

So based on something that was said earlier that struck me during my read back I'm going to also vote for Poppy Perkins (Kadi). This is one of the toughest day 1s. D:

I was waiting to see what Cyndi would do, but now I'm going to unfortunately have to change my vote so I can save myself. Sorry Kris, but I also do think you're quite suspicious for siding with Rowan consistently.

So I'm changing my vote from Stefan Archer to Elliot Briar

Well dangit

If I was right I doubt I'll be surviving the night, so all I'll say is I hope I was wrong............ but if I die keep what I said in mind........

Rowan I think we’ll both know some things after tonight but this is very unfortunate 🤝
In the interest of trying to stay alive I need to force a tie again and switch to Poppy Perkins

Well now I'm not so sure if Kris is a wolf since it's pretty rare that a wolf gets voted out the first day. After all, they have a massive advantage during the first day. EDIT: I didn't realize that Kris forced a tie again, so maybe disregard this.

I do think Rowan has a reason for voting for Daphne that I'd be willing to revisit in future rounds.

So based on something that was said earlier that struck me during my read back I'm going to also vote for Poppy Perkins (Kadi). This is one of the toughest day 1s. D:

Would you be willing to share what you read that made you suspicious of Kadi? I'm also kind of suspicious of her, mostly because she hasn't voted and I think she usually does vote in these games. And I tend to view anyone who doesn't vote suspicious since they're refusing to give the village more information.

I imagine the day will end any second, but by my count here are the standings (taking into account that nobody knows who the mayor is so this could all change)

Daphne (Amber Chou Wilson) - 1 vote
Donna (Analei Louw) - 1 vote
Kris (Elliot Briar) - 3 votes
Kadi (Poppy Perkins) - 3 votes

Again, if I die tonight, I strongly urge people to take what I've said into consideration.

I’m surprised the vote hasn’t been called already
I am running at calling it at 9:00 my time or as close to it as I can after tallying up the votes and writing the piece.
It is night.
Give me a couple of minutes to recount the votes and I will post the outcome.

As the tally stands there is a tie between Kadi and Kris.
I have used a random number generator and the result was Kris.

as the day progressed the conversation got heated. what started off as a questioning disbelief turned into a debate as to who was a werewolf some voices rang with more certainty than others but if that was true knowledge or bravado, or fear for others who was to know, but the debate was fierce. in the end it was Elliot Briar who was placed on the pyre as the fire was lit he called out what he had seen but before he could get to any names he fell silent.

Elliot Briar, the Seer was dead

as the sun went down the villagers headed home. making sure to bolt their doors behind them. once tucked up in bed the sounds of owls echoed around the village. those who listened carefully may have noticed that one howl sounded more like a howl of pain.
the next morning bolts were carefully drawn back villagers stepping outside to see who had died. on the green in a similar area to yesterday Aine Thompsons bloody body was there. it seemed like she had been spending the evening studying for her apprenticeship. when the wolves had attacked.
It was then a voice spoke up someone else was missing carefully the villagers knocked on the door of Poppy Perkins. when no-one answered someone climbed in through an open window to open the door and there she was a look of agony on her face clutching at the silver amulet hung around her neck.

Aine Thompson the apprentice is dead.
Poppy Perkins a werewolf is dead.
The silver amulet is out of action.

It is day time. post your discussions below. please bold any votes for ease of tallying.

Would you be willing to share what you read that made you suspicious of Kadi?
So when I read Kris' post, I actually wondered if they might be the Seer because they mentioned Kadi as a 'shot in the dark' but then didn't go with that in voting so I figured they might have been still trying to figure out if they were a Seer or the Fool. I definitely could have been reading way too much into that one statement but Kadi was a wolf so maybe not.

Just looking back, I think the folks who voted for Kris were Daphne, Camilla :( ), and Ana.

Wow so much has happened. I just wanna say that I didn’t realize the game had started which is why I didn’t get on. So sorry. But I’ll be back soon to reflect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back