Birthday Werewolf

Rereading the descriptions, it seems the only mention of someone not showing up as their true role upon death is the Fool? I guess the Apprentice might show up as someone else if they've already taken on a new role, but Jess was the first to die.

It's true that the two Stonesmiths can keep each other safe. But there are also three Wolves that will be keeping the other wolves safe.

It's true that the two Stonesmiths can keep each other safe. But there are also three Wolves that will be keeping the other wolves safe.
100% but it's a slight leg up against the random chance we usually have, at least for those two (and considering we don't have a bodyguard/guardian type role this time)

Also forgot about the apprentice potentially showing as a regular villager (which they would have considering no one else had died yet), so I guess that's several roles who could be seen as villager upon death?

sorry the answer to this question is a little hidden in the text.

Mayor: As a freely elected representative of the people, the Mayor's voice carries more weight in discussions, if there is a tie the mayors vote will be counted twice If there is still a tie after the mayors double vote. Then one of the people in the tie will be lynched at random.
And if no one votes?

Jess :(

Yeah the way I interpret it is if the apprentice dies later after having taken on a new role they'll die as that but until that point just show as a villager, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

At least so I assume, I'm a bit rusty lol

Just for my own sake I'm going to put down a list of the roles that are probably in play"

Seer
Fool (shows as seer on death)
Mayor

Werewolf
Werewolf
Direwolf

Lycanthrope (might show as villager on death?)
Apprentice (might show as villager on death)
Stone-smith (might show as villager on death)
Villager
Villager

I personally think the Stone-smiths probably show up as villager, but I don't know about the lycanthrope or apprentice. But we can at least assume Jess had a harmless role regardless. Maybe for now we assume she was a regular villager, for convenience? That means our current lineup looks like this:

Seer
Fool (shows as seer on death)
Mayor

Werewolf
Werewolf
Direwolf

Lycanthrope (might show as villager on death?)
Apprentice (might show as villager on death)
Villager
Villager

I asked about a tie without votes earlier but I'm assuming no votes also means there will be a random person killed. Which means voting is probably in our best interest as it always gives more information later on. With so little to go on, I'm usually in favor of voting out someone quiet. Not because I necessarily think they're more suspicious (though it has been a werewolf tactic before) but also because very inactive/quiet players don't add much to the conversation. It's too early for me to decide on someone now, but unless something huge happens overnight for me or anyone has a better idea, I'll probably vote for someone who hasn't posted yet after I wake up.

Can we get some clarification from @Professor Elvera Le Fey on exactly which roles would show as villager upon death?

Also hopefully Jess will log on and tell us what her role was by posting the first letter of her role.

Aww rip Jess. I didn't even consider people dying and not showing up as their role. That's definitely going to make things a bit trickier.

The idea of having Jess confirm her role is smart, but we should also remember if she's the lycanthrope she wouldn't know.

I don't know if it matters though tbh

With so little to go on, I'm usually in favor of voting out someone quiet. Not because I necessarily think they're more suspicious (though it has been a werewolf tactic before) but also because very inactive/quiet players don't add much to the conversation
I tend to agree with this as well.

Same, I've already been trying to keep an eye on who's around and who's posting, though I know it's still early and timezones etc.

I'm new to this so I don't really know the mechanics of the game yet, is there like a point at the end of the day that we like vote someone out? Like they die even if we don't know for sure?

Yes, at the end of every "day" we vote on someone to kill, in the hopes they're a werewolf! Even when there's not a lot to go on its important to try and vote because it gives us more info to go on as the days/nights pass.

Technically we vote whenever, but Mia will tally the votes at the end of the day cycle and whoever has the most is killed upon suspicion of being a werewolf. We win if we manage to catch all the wolves and the wolves win if they outnumber the villagers.

okay thanks. So are we not sure if Jess was a villager or do we think it's likely they were?

Yeah she was definitely on team Villager but we're waiting on Mia to confirm if she can if there are some roles that would show as as a normal Villager or not. It just helps try to piece together who's who.

Sorry I was asleep. I will answer questions once my cat stops begging me to be let out/for food. and I have wrapped mums mothers day present and written her card (because I never leave things for the last minute)

Nooo Jessssssssss :(

Looking at what's been said so far, I think we're focusing a little too much about the possibilities of Jess's role. Understandable given that it's all the information we have so far, but in this case, I think 'team village' is all the information we really need to worry about. Any of the special roles that might have shown up as a villager are relatively inconsequential ones, and we can rest easy knowing that we haven't lost the Seer yet.

I do find it interesting how thoroughly Daph's been leading the conversation so far - I know she enjoys Werewolf so she could just be having fun playing, but it would definitely be advantageous for a werewolf to set themself up as a discussion leader early on, so they can direct the course of conversation. It would be very easy to lead us up the garden path to waste time and possibly confuse newer players. I'm not suspicious enough to vote yet, but given that at this point I don't think we have many quiet players yet (I think just Emzies and Kiersten haven't posted yet?) I would be more inclined to go for someone who's putting themself in a position to influence the game and lead people astray.

I do find it interesting how thoroughly Daph's been leading the conversation so far - I know she enjoys Werewolf so she could just be having fun playing, but it would definitely be advantageous for a werewolf to set themself up as a discussion leader early on, so they can direct the course of conversation. It would be very easy to lead us up the garden path to waste time and possibly confuse newer players. I'm not suspicious enough to vote yet, but given that at this point I don't think we have many quiet players yet (I think just Emzies and Kiersten haven't posted yet?) I would be more inclined to go for someone who's putting themself in a position to influence the game and lead people astray.
An interesting suggestion, especially from limited experience with playing, this isn't out of character for Daph, but I agree we should start discussing votes more than Jess' role.

I'm more inclined to ignore more inactive players for the moment since I feel a quiet player might be a benefit to the village later on hopefully when they have the time versus catching a chatty potential wolf but it's always hard pick the first person to accuse.

I can start :p

Same, I've already been trying to keep an eye on who's around and who's posting, though I know it's still early and timezones etc.
I'm more inclined to ignore more inactive players for the moment since I feel a quiet player might be a benefit to the village later on hopefully when they have the time versus catching a chatty potential wolf but it's always hard pick the first person to accuse.

Kris, what made you change your mind so quickly?

Kris, what made you change your mind so quickly?
Honestly, who's been posting, in that the only one not really posting is Emzies (and not to meta game) Kiersten, who's not been online since before the first night so if she's a wolf she's not one actively voting etc. Which makes me think our wolves are all active atm.

Fair enough.

I just want to also point out that Donna hasn't posted either, though I see her lurking so that might change.

Oh good point, straight up forgot Donna cause I was giving the kiwis some extra time to wake up.
So if we want to go that route, I'd say Emzies and Donna are potentials because they've been quiet for now, but I'm wary of people like Kadi who've been posting and say very little as well.

Oh nooo Jess!
In any case, I am glad we didn't lose the seer on the first night.

Hi yes, I haven't posted, (my tldr story is Ii tried to do some painting with hercules and he painted the floor better than his painting) but I'm catching up now. Also went out with Mom for mothers day breakfast!

I hate the first day, it's always the hardest to figure things out. I am notoriously bad at this game, and I know people always pick on the first person to vote so people don't like to do that...but it always gets the ball rolling too.

Random number generator says 6 - Poppy Perkins. Sorry Kadi :( But I vote Poppy Perkins!

[do you have pictures of his painting, Donna]
As I said before, for lack of nothing else, I'm wary of people posting who aren't particularly saying anything, though obviously with a grain of salt since I know it's so early it's hard. Kadi was on my list as a shot in the dark for that reason, though with Donna "randomly" voting for her, I think I'll vote for Cyndi Kingsley for much the same reason.

Doh, I missed that Donna hadn't posted yet.

My reasoning hasn't changed yet - I think it's a waste to focus on people who are less active right now, when the conversation could easily be being steered by a wolf. I'm going to stick to my gut and vote for Amber Chou Wilson, since I find the way she's been directing things suspicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back