Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Noel
Wand
Vine Wand, 12 3/4", Dragon Heartstring Core
I don't know if anyone else here is watching the Olympics, but I didn't see a thread for it.

I've been trying to watch sports I don't normally watch this year (right now I'm watching Women's Water Polo - Spain vs. US). I tend to watch a lot of gymnastics and swimming, but I have been trying to keep up with other sports.

So, what sports do you like to watch - any you suggest to people? What are popular sports in your country?

Ginger Minj Olympics GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I haven't watched a lot because of timezones but I do need to try and catch up on the Rugby Sevens, those girls are incredible (and it looks like we're heading to a good old fashioned Australia v NZ gold medal match!)

The skateboarders make me feel so ooooold. :cry:

Yeah, some of qualifying rounds for gymnastics were starting at 4 in the morning here and I was like... no thank you lol. Here I've been able to watch a few things back on Peacock, but I don't know if other countries are doing the same thing with broadcasts.

I started following Ilona Maher, a US rugby player, because she's been posting some fun stuff on social media, but I haven't caught any actual games yet.

Right now, I'm watching women's basketball, but I've just decided to switch because I didn't watch any of the women's qualifying for gymnastics.

Shoutouts to that one US gymnast guy who is really good at pommel horse and has spent his time at the Olympics speedcubing, haha.

I think one of the channels here has a lot online, I just haven't sat down to watch much. Will need to catch up on some of the swimming finals, when my sisters were swimming I started following it a bit more (plus it's Australia's thing, lol).

I really want to catch the sport climbing, that was fascinating to watch at Tokyo. I think that starts in a few days time. Very curious to see how breaking works too.

Saw a comment about "wow all these amazing sights of Paris can't wait to show off the sights of Brisbane..." and yeah, true, look at our, uh...hm. :lol:

Shoutouts to that one US gymnast guy who is really good at pommel horse and has spent his time at the Olympics speedcubing, haha.

I think one of the channels here has a lot online, I just haven't sat down to watch much. Will need to catch up on some of the swimming finals, when my sisters were swimming I started following it a bit more (plus it's Australia's thing, lol).

I really want to catch the sport climbing, that was fascinating to watch at Tokyo. I think that starts in a few days time. Very curious to see how breaking works too.

Saw a comment about "wow all these amazing sights of Paris can't wait to show off the sights of Brisbane..." and yeah, true, look at our, uh...hm. :lol:
Yeah that was my thought coming out of this. LA has such awesome sights. brissy is a little less awesome, but still very brisbane xD

I haven't watched a lot because of timezones but I do need to try and catch up on the Rugby Sevens, those girls are incredible (and it looks like we're heading to a good old fashioned Australia v NZ gold medal match!)

The skateboarders make me feel so ooooold. :cry:
I have been loving watching the Kiwi Women's Rugby Sevens just absolutely clean up in group play. That's a guaranteed medal for us no doubt 🇳🇿

(Also looking forward to getting into more rowing since that's another one NZ historically does really well in, let's go Kiwis)

It's a new sport this Olympics, but I'm very intrigued to watch breaking. There's a NYer competing , and it was made popular in my hometown so I'm very curious to see how it goes.

I haven't been able to catch much yet but I enjoy gymnastics, swimming, diving, and the track and field comps.

Yes im curious about breaking too. I've seen some of the world championships as I've had a friend or two compete, but on an olympic stage, its going to be very interesting I think.

I haven't been specifically watching it, but we leave the TV on for the doggo's and so it's been the Olympics running in the background. Every now and then I'll pause and watch a round of something on my way through the house, and just saw the BMX entries and that was fun :3

I sometimes put it on but don't follow it so closely. My country is small so it's never so outshining. But for a small country we sometimes win stuff, but more like in the olympic winter games with ice skating.

I believe we are usually good at hockey. I do like to watch it some more! I love Athletics always since I performed it myself when I was younger.

I have been loving watching the Kiwi Women's Rugby Sevens just absolutely clean up in group play. That's a guaranteed medal for us no doubt 🇳🇿
I was sad that it wasn't an Australia v NZ final (and gutted for the Aussie girls) but thrilled to see the Kiwi girls bring home the gold! :frantics:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back