📸 Picture challenge 📸

Professor Elvera Le Fey

Seer, Mother of twins, Divination 3-4, inner eye

OOC First Name
Mia
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" with an Essence of Raven Feather core.
Hello and welcome to the hnz picture challenge.

If you haven’t seen it before. The photo challenge is a fun competition where you can test your creativity with a series of prompts. Some HNZ related others real-world related. Some prompts are easier than others, and many have a lot of room to be interpreted in different ways.
For example, you can find the last two challenges here and here.

How it works
  • A prompt will be listed and you will have 48 hours (approximately) to post a picture.
  • Everyone who posts and meats the prompt within the time will get a point.
  • The person with the most points by the end of the challenge wins a prize.
  • Signups will be open for a week before the challenge starts. (To keep it fair, site staff can’t enter. But I would still like to see your pictures)
The rules
  • Normal site rules apply
  • Stay safe. Don’t post anything that you would feel uncomfortable sharing online. And don’t post anything that will distinguish where you live/work if you would feel uncomfortable with it. If your picture contains other people. Make sure you get their permission before posting.
  • You may post your image in a [ hide ] tag for added privacy. However, this isn't mandatory.
  • The picture must be your own creation. It can be a photo, or drawing etc. but posting an image from the internet is not allowed.
  • Pictures must be taken/made for the challenge. You may have the perfect photo from three years ago, but the pictures should be taken for the challenge. (Though feel free to post extra pictures for fun)
  • For ease of keeping track. Please try and keep everything thing posted with the same account.
  • You don’t have to have signed up to post pictures. But you do to be in the competition
  • There are no right or wrong ways for interpretation
  • Have fun.

Last edited:
  • Adorah Zumwalt

Code:
[LIST][*][class=other_employee]Adorah Zumwalt[/class]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*][/LIST]

• Adorah Zumwalt
  • ~Professor Landon Carter

Code:
[*][color=darkgoldenrod]~[/color][color=midnightblue]Professor Landon Carter[/color]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*][/LIST]

• Adorah Zumwalt
  • Professor Killian Borisyuk

Code:
[*][color=darkgoldenrod]~[/color][color=midnightblue]Professor Landon Carter[/color]
[*][color=midnightblue]Professor Killian Borisyuk[/color]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*][/LIST]

Yesss my fave!!

• Adorah Zumwalt
  • Ainsley Lynch

Code:
[LIST]
[*][class=other_employee]Adorah Zumwalt[/class]
[*][COLOR=darkgoldenrod]~[/COLOR][COLOR=midnightblue]Professor Landon Carter[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=midnightblue]Professor Killian Borisyuk[/COLOR]
[*][class=shopkeepers]Ainsley Lynch[/class]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

• Adorah Zumwalt
  • Ainsley Lynch
  • Professor Noelle Maxwell

Code:
[LIST]
[*][COLOR=darkgoldenrod]~[/COLOR][COLOR=midnightblue]Professor Landon Carter[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]Professor Noelle Maxwell[/COLOR]
[*]
[/LIST]

• Adorah Zumwalt
  • Ainsley Lynch
  • Professor Noelle Maxwell
  • Harper Alston

Code:
[LIST]
[*][COLOR=midnightblue]Professor Noelle Maxwell[/COLOR]
[*][class=magical]Harper Alston[/class] 
[*] 
[/LIST]

Last day to sign up.
First prompt will go up Sunday morning (utc+8)

Good morning Everyone. and welcome to the HNZ Picture challenge 2023.

the first topic is the four houses.

n69Keen.jpg

I picked four books that I think match the houses in both cover colours and title
  • Sword Play for Gryffindor: part of a series of psychic mysteries I read ages ago. which a really enjoyed but can't really remember much of.
  • Snakehead for Slytherin: that I stole off my sister's shelf and haven't read
  • The Silver Linings Playbook for Hufflepuff: which pains me to say, and it may be because I saw it first, but I think the movie was better
  • A Deadly Education for Ravenclaw: which I have just finished and really enjoyed.

Remember.
All work must be your own.
stay safe
don't post pictures of people without their permission
me liking a post means i am counting it.
you have 48 hours to post a picture.

I am tagging everyone who signed up in the first post only to let you know it has begun. you will not be tagged for any other prompts.

Don't mind me, just playing for fun :teehee:

I bought a board game the other day and it came with little train carriages in all the Hogwarts house colours, so behold, the Hogwarts Not-So-Express :lol:

2KoItis.jpg

I am just going to prove my nerdiness a bit more.
20230507_155142.jpg

My 4 amiibos:
Link (in green): Courage = Gryffindor. He braves through challenges and faces monsters head on.
Zelda (in a white/purple dress): Wisdom = Ravenclaw. She holds the Triforce of Wisdom and her knowledge is pretty much extensive to the hero (Link)
Ganondorf (behind Link): Power = Slytherin. Throughout the games, he demonstrates Slytherin qualities. Using people to get his way, extremely ambitious, and smart to boot.
Midna/Wolf Link (behind Zelda): Friendship = Hufflepuff. While Midna herself isn't exactly a Hufflepuff, but their loyalty to each other and desire to help each other makes me think that is a strong Hufflepuff quality.

Maybe I thought too much into it, but I don't own much else xD

Went a little on the abstract side, so hear me out!

JrqSxcg.jpg

The blue glasses case and red energy chocolate I think are reasonably self-explanatory :p The (slightly) green earmuffs reflect my goal to handle all the repairs & reno in my home myself (doin my best but it's a lofty ambition @_@ ) and the yellow ikea bag is packaging from a gift Mia sent me a couple weeks ago, (hi mia :p ) representing the Hufflepuffy traits of kindness and generosity.

[
20230508_095528.jpg

The four houses but make it socks!

Sugar skull= Slytherin
Filled with tradition & tough exteriors

Happy faces= Hufflepuff
Colorful & cheery

Snitches = Gryffindor
(They're actually pineapples but let's pretend they're snitches :r :p )
Competitive

Starry night= Ravenclaw
Creative

Round 1 almost done. I am posting this a few minutes early as I need to go to work. Any entrants in the next 15 minutes will still count.

So far our score is

NameRound 1Total
Professor Killian Borisyuk11
Ainsley Lynch11
Adorah Zumwalt00
~Professor Landon Carter00
Professor Noelle Maxwell00
Harper Alston00
Non Competing Participants
Monty Pendleton 11
Professor Cyndi Kingsley11

time for round two
When roleplaying Communication is key, so your theme of the day is bi/multilingual .
4hA9SVL.jpg

This picture was taken of a sign near to where I work as a way to make everyone feel welcome at one of the hospitals. I can recognise some of the languages but not all of them.
fun fact: I was actually part of one of the feedback groups regarding the choice of and location of the flags.

Ohhh I love this theme! I'm trying to learn two languages at the moment, but I've always been pretty terrible at languages so I still lean pretty heavily on dictionaries and google translate to put sentences together 🫠

HK0X46g.jpg

Ik heb nederlands gestudeerd voor tien jaar, maar ik ben niet vloeiend. Dit is een boek dat ik heb gekocht om te oefenen. He iti reo Māori nga tāngata katoa o Aotearoa - e mōhio ana a Mia! Kāore tāku kura i whakaako nui i ngā tau 1990s, engari ake te ako ā ngā ki ngā tamariki i te reo Māori ēnei rā. Ka noho tātou hei whenua reo rua tata nei! He whakamāoritanga kei runga tāku pukapuka mahi, ka āwhina i ahau!

(I apologise to anyone better than me at Dutch or te reo Māori, I did my best!!)

Snakehead for Slytherin: that I stole off my sister's shelf and haven't read

Can vouch for Snakehead as both being a good book and one filled with lots of ambitious and cunning and evil characters

-------

For this round, two of the books I'm currently reading include a French novel and an English translation of a Spanish novel

7T5fmRJ.png

20230509_163224.jpg

I use this a lot to help develop a made up language in my novel series. I just love the Latin language and wish I had a school that taught it.

Wow that is a lot of books. we have some well-read multi-lingual members. well done for rising for the challenge.

NameRound 1Round 2Total
Adorah Zumwalt000
Ainsley Lynch112
Harper Alston011
Professor Killian Borisyuk112
Professor Landon Carter000
Professor Noelle Maxwell000
Non Competing Participants
Monty Pendleton101
Professor Cyndi Kingsley112

now before you turn over a new page (or in my examples case sheet) it is time for the next challenge. this one required just a little more creativity.
your next theme is Monochrome - Not black and white
I took two pictures for this one as I couldn't decide which way you place the cranes.

rocDdK3.jpg

nQhioHw.jpg

I paper cranes are meant to bring good luck and healing. I bought the origami paper that I used for these while hanging out with Kaye, Jesse, Mika, and Lelio. I am still al long way off 1000 but I am making very slow progress.

I have not been feeling super creative the past few days (working on a capstone project due on Friday). BUT here is my monochrome. It's just black, not black and white, so I hope it can still count :r It also features hair courtesy of my cats if you look close enough

PbAE4G9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back