📸 Picture challenge 📸

Not sure if this counts, but everything is lit up blue to match my controller.

20230510_221703.jpg

Ohhh no black or white is EVIL I only own black things :V

ofJU3Mn.jpg

Here's my monochrome living room furniture - the sofa under the window was the first piece of furniture I bought literally the day I picked up the keys to my place (I'd seen it in the window of a second hand shop a week earlier and fell in love but I was waiting until the sale was finalised) and I picked out the rest of my chairs and sofas to match. (The rest of the decor is super temporary because this is the next room I'll be painting but I haven't gotten to it yet!)

I thought this wall of bamboo and palm fronds next to my neighbor's yard was pretty monochrome...

kRdhQc.jpeg

NameRound 1Round 2Round 3Total
Adorah Zumwalt0011
Ainsley Lynch1113
Harper Alston0112
Professor Killian Borisyuk1113
Professor Landon Carter0000
Professor Noelle Maxwell0000
Non Competing Participants
Monty Pendleton1001
Professor Cyndi Kingsley1102

some great pictures and its s nice to see a few different colours and interpretations.

we are now up for the next round. and the hint I am sure some people have been waiting for. I don't think it is a photo challenge without it.
something your character would wear.

just to reiterate
you don't have to be wearing the clothes/accessories
please don't post anything you don't feel comfortable posting on the internet.
you can use the
edit: due to imgur issues a link to the picture is also acceptable

Hidden content
You need -1 more posts to view this content

Last edited:
[lizzo voice] IVE BEEN WAITIN FOR THIS ONE

I never have anything that would suit Ainsley or any of my more colourful characters, but I love to do the best with what I have!! The guessing game aspect is such a fun idea :p (I got all of yours right Mia!!)

Hidden content
THIS WAS SO FUN THIS IS MY FAVOURITE CHALLENGE ALWAYS FOREVER

Between my many, many characters, I'm sure mine will be impossible to guess :lol:

kQZvLM.jpeg

Harper Alston

kQZubk.jpeg

Celia Vuong. My wardrobe is not nearly fun or feminine enough for her, but I tried.

No Weston because I don't own any flannel or hoodies

Monday is pretty big on muggle things, including comics, manga, etc. I feel like he would wear this shirt of mine.
20230513_201437.jpg

I have other clothes, but they are kind of all in the washer right now...

Sorry, this is a little late. I was meaning to post all day. But I guess the day got away from me.
The standings so far.
NameRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Total
Adorah Zumwalt00101
Ainsley Lynch11114
Harper Alston01113
Professor Killian Borisyuk11114
Professor Landon Carter00000
Professor Noelle Maxwell00000
Monty Pendleton10001
Professor Cyndi Kingsley11002

the next challenge will be open for the usual 48 hours. Even though I will post the next one on the right time.
the next challenge has a few options. view from a window/weather/climate
WU19ntS.jpg

I was kind of hoping for a few more clouds and drama.

or
the view from my bedroom window this morning
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/cj4fm3UqYAo?feature=share

Oops I had a couple of super long days in a row and allllllmost missed this one! Today between yoga and teaching and rehearsals I was out from 2pm-11pm (x_x ) so here is the very compelling and scenic view from my bedroom window (yes i could probably get a nicer shot of the city at night from the living room no i will not get out of bed to take it :sleepy: its been pouring down all day anyway youre not missing much)

81d21653967c09d112bb9c00de2c2edda364742a.jpg

This is the view outside of the living room window this morning. My bedroom window is pretty much nailed shut with thumb tacks and black out curtains.

20230517_081941.jpg

Sorry, this is a little late. it seems like this is in line with the previous post not the ones I was planning on aligning up with again. there is still 20 minutes left to submit your window/climate picture.

NameRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Total
Adorah Zumwalt001012
Ainsley Lynch111115
Harper Alston011114
Professor Killian Borisyuk111115
Professor Landon Carter000000
Professor Noelle Maxwell000000
Monty Pendleton100001
Professor Cyndi Kingsley110013
the next challenge will be open for the usual 48 hours. Even though I will post the next one on the right time (as it is day dependent).

the next clue is something I loved as a child
I couldn't find what I was looking for for this clue (my childhood treasure chest) so here is something else .

IMG_9079.jpg

this odd sculpture was made by my granddad. something that he made ages ago in a woodworking class for the outline of something tactile (he did at one stage use to be a woodwork teacher). it doesn't look like much and you can't see it clearly on the picture but it is made of several different coloured woods stuck together. when I was a kid it used to live at my grandparents house. and I used to like holding it, all the groves and shapes were just nice to hold. when my grandparents passed away and my dad went back to the uk to help sort out their estate it was one of the things I asked to bring back. so it may not look like much and the picture doesn't do it justice. but it was something I loved as a child

This one is easy for me.

20230517_110557.jpg

While not the original copy of my game I owned as a child, this is my favorite all time games that I was introduced to at the tender age of 6 by my late uncle. This is just one of the reasons why I love the game and it is a treasure to me in any format. Every time I play, I always remember the good times with my dear uncle and him laughing at me when I got scared of the enemies.

Ah man this was a hard one - most of my old childhood stuff is still packed from when I moved. Wound up going for something a bit more symbolic rather than digging through unsorted boxes trying to find anything usable :r

f79c31746b6004999a09f95adfff039ea320c6a7.jpg

My childhood best friend moved to Japan to live with her father when we were 8-9, which was absolutely crushing. I didn't have a lot of friends to start with (I was a bit of a school punching bag) and she was the person I'd been closest to for a third of my life. She came back for a visit when we were around 12, and brought me this picture as a gift. We haven't spoken for a long time, life circumstances turned us into very different people, but I've kept the picture on display all these years to remember everything we shared as kids.

20230518_073140.jpg

I used to take weekly trips to the library and spent most of my time reading. This is from one of the books I really enjoyed and actually own - The Phantom Tollbooth.

I apologise. I hadn’t meant the last theme to get so serious.
I will upload the table when the last round is up as you have over 12 hours left.

The next theme is a little more lighthearted. And something I do with most weeks.
Todays theme is fun sock Friday

IMG_9099.jpeg

I'm not a big fun socks person, but I picked these up a while ago for the obvious reason :r

Hidden content

I can't wear high socks because my legs swell but this is a matching set that go with the HP pajamas I am wearing.
Supposed to be HP's glasses and lightning bolt.
20230519_094604.jpg

No idea if I made the cutoff, so ignore my first entry if I'm too late.

Something I loved as a kid:

Everything from my childhood is away in storage, so here's a couple of journals because — and I know this might come as a shock — I loved to write as a kid.

kM7Giz.jpeg

For fun sock Friday, here's a pair I was gifted by a friend. (I promise I'm actually nice and not a misanthrope lol.) Not wearing them because it's 90F/32C here.

kM7yN5.jpeg

I know I'm past the cutoff for the last prompt, but I wanted to share it because I meant to take a picture yesterday. This is my doll, Mimi. I've had her since I was a toddler, I think. She's very dirty, but I used to carry her around everywhere. Surprised she's still in tact, honestly.

5eeea676be84a807044cf935abc87e730e9611dc.jpg

For socks, these are pair of Valentine's Day toe socks a friend gave me a few years ago. She used to buy me socks a lot, and I swear I have some for every major holiday :lol:

22dca50fa39a85bf755451097e706a345a4306a1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back