📸 Picture challenge 📸

20230519_171333.jpg

I think I only have 1 or 2 pairs of not fun socks, so most days are fun sock days for me. Here's a pair that always brightens my mood.

Hello. please find the updates scoreboard for the end of round 6 (childhood loves)
@Harper Alston you made the cut off with half an hour to spare but unfortunately @Adorah Zumwalt I am afraid you were a little late. however thank you for sharing.
NameRound 1
houses
Round 2
languages
Round 3
monochrome
Round 4 outfitsRound 5
window
Round 6
Childhood
Total
Adorah Zumwalt0010102
Ainsley Lynch1111116
Harper Alston0111115
Professor Killian Borisyuk1111116
Professor Landon Carter0000000
Professor Noelle Maxwell0000000
Non Competing Participants
Monty Pendleton1000001
Professor Cyndi Kingsley1100114

Socks are still open for just over 23 hours

Friday is over and its s officially the weekend everywhere. but that doesn't mean you have to put your fun socks away.
score so far.

NameRound 1
houses
Round 2
languages
Round 3
monochrome
Round 4 outfitsRound 5
window
Round 6
Childhood
Round 7
Socks
Total
Adorah Zumwalt00101013
Ainsley Lynch11111117
Harper Alston01111116
Professor Killian Borisyuk11111117
Professor Landon Carter00000000
Professor Noelle Maxwell00000000
Monty Pendleton10000011
Professor Cyndi Kingsley11001114

only a few rounds left.
the theme for the next topic is a new perspective

IMG_9150.jpeg

I went for a walk last night trying to find a picture. I was thinking a birds eye or ants eye view on something but got distracted by the sunset. I came up with this idea when I was almost home, it was almost dark, and my phone was on 5% battery. but it sort of looks like two worlds meeting.

My perspective is that I should really finish these wand replies, and Leah's perspective is that I've put my arm in the perfect place to make a comfy pillow, but I really should stop wiggling it around so much...

141d2fdc99044b9bd5d781d611c2b137d16517de.jpg

(Shortly after this was taken she sank every tooth and claw she has into my arm and sprinted off to the other room.)

did i get a my chemical romance tattoo at age 30 maybe

Mine is a little heavier. Below is a picture of mom's home hemo-dialysis machine.

20230522_084712.jpg

Technology has come such a ways that this machine here is responsible for temporary replacing kidneys and keeping my mom alive and thriving. I still don't have an idea on how it removes the toxins from her blood and returns it to her, but the best part about it is that it will actually drain by itself!
But the alarms are so touchy. A drop of moisture in the bottom will stop the entire thing. The top part of the machine is actually portable (but it weighs like, 50 pounds). So, mom can technically go anywhere she wants with it - so long as her other materials are shipped. I can also take a pic of it while it is in use or almost in use because if it is in use, blood in tubes.

5f11d286f37e9497f717d797200b59fca6cb740d.pnj

I took this back in August, but I had just driven like 4 hours and stopped to get groceries. I think I maybe brightened this a smidge, but it was actually this orange. It was wild.

Not a very elaborate pic, but I think I only have 30 min left before the round closes...

Anyway, this is a shell I picked up during a recent trip to the beach. I wasn't too thrilled to move to my current city at first but going to the beach for the first time gave me a new perspective in that I realized that even if there are aspects of my city that I don't like, I'm very lucky to live so close to the ocean. Growing up, I only ever got to go to the beach like once every few years while on vacation, and now I can go every weekend if I want.

kUZp1Q.jpeg

Great pictures.
Sometimes I do wonder how nice it would be to have a cats life. Or maybe they have more going on than we think
Kaitlyn. Wow. That is certainly a way to change perspective. I hope that everything is going okay for you and your mum.
Kairsten: unfortunately no points this round. It is an absolutely stunning photo however the rules state the photo must be taken for the challenge. Sorry.
Ana: that is a pretty shell. And a good perspective to look on moving to a new place. I hope it is starting to feel more like home to you.

score so far.
NameRound 1
houses
Round 2
languages
Round 3
monochrome
Round 4 outfitsRound 5
window
Round 6
Childhood
Round 7
Socks
Round 8
Perspective
Total
Adorah Zumwalt001010103
Ainsley Lynch111111118
Harper Alston011111117
Professor Killian Borisyuk111111118
Professor Landon Carter000000000
Professor Noelle Maxwell000000000
Monty Pendleton100000101
Professor Cyndi Kingsley110011104

This is going to be the last standard round.
The theme is feathers, fur, monsters, and magical creatures

IMG_9159.jpeg
I found this beauty in the garden on Sunday and thought it was perfect for this. I will let you decide which one it fits into. But I would suggest not feathers.
IMG_9164.jpeg

This was my original plan for the challenge. My beautiful little freyja fast asleep on my blanket last night.

Edit: adding Harpers point as she posted while k was battling with bad signal to upload the pictires

Last edited:
I think this counts as fur. I took two because my hand was under attack and the next could be a half-kneazle cat.

20230522_195510.jpg

20230522_195644.jpg

And it is a lot of fur. Just fur everywhere.

Well, I already posted one of my girls yesterday, so here's the other one!

6e8e58e8c48f8894896ba1e85387dc7eadc24b8b.jpg

Leah (from yesterday's challenge) is a 1 year old rescue baby with roughly half a brain cell, and today this is Avril - 13 years old and grumpy and fussy and lovely. I've had Avril since she was about 5 weeks old, she is my Baby for Life 💕

Yay. Cat pictures.
I will add the table when I get home. I am not formatting that on my phone.

Are you ready for the final round?
This is a bonus round one photo to rule them all
This round you have one picture to hit as many of the previous categories below.

You get half a point for each category
A total of two points available.
You only get a single picture to do it.
The photo has to have been taken during the competition time frame.

For this, I decided to go for the categories: childhood, fur/magical creatures, monochrome, window, and perspective.
20230525_091014.jpg

TW: About to get sad, pet's death

That is the photo of my loving cat, Jacob. He passed last year in June, and was 14 years old. He was the last remainder of my childhood pets, and I miss him dearly. He was the definition of a grumpy cat. The picture there is when he started to get sick.
The perspective here is you don't know how much you will love a pet until they are gone. It honestly made me want to never own a pet because of how much it hurt.
He is monochrome because he was white and silver. He had very little black fur, but you can sort of see it in the frame (I kept 2 locks of his fur).
He is seated behind a closed window (for a pet that passed, honestly, a black curtain that is closed is fitting).

For the last round, I was going to try and get a pic of a bird or one of the cats that is always lurking around my neighborhood, but then it rained for two days straight x_x

Anyway, for this round, I have a bunch of really tenuous links to the prompts, so uh, I guess Mia it's up to you which ones you want to count? :lol:

68pQIe.jpeg

Round 3 (Monochrome) - Pretty self-explanatory. There's a bunch of shades of blue.
Round 4 (Something your character would wear) - So if you zoom in and look really closely, there are a couple birds near the horizon and flying across the sky. Maybe one of them is Harper "wearing" her animagus form?
Round 5 (View from a window/weather/climate) - The weather is sunny and clear.
Round 6 (Something I loved as a child) - As I mentioned in a previous post, I really loved the beach as a kid even though I didn't get to go often.
Round 7 (A new perspective) - This is just another version of my round 7 entry, but having the beach so close by has really given me a new perspective on my city. Also, it might just be me, but I feel like looking out into the vastness of the ocean is always nice for putting things into perspective? (Kind of like looking at the stars)
Round 8 (Feathers, fur, monsters, and magical creatures) - I swear there are birds in the photo if you look closely, and they presumably have feathers

SLIDES IN LAST SECOND

0edb2ac037e723ff6fc8342a9f0f06bd45a1e37a.jpg

Here we have a FURRY plush toy wearing CONNOR'S GLASSES reading from a RAVENCLAW notebook, with the LEARN FRENCH tape I used to listen to AS A KID, taken from an UPSIDE DOWN PERSPECTIVE

Thank you for the entries. Competition is closed and scores will be announced this evening. :)

NameRound 1
houses
Round 2
languages
Round 3
monochrome
Round 4 outfitsRound 5
window
Round 6
Childhood
Round 7
Socks
Round 8
Perspective
Round9
feathers+Fur
Round10
rule them all
Total
Adorah Zumwalt00101010104
Ainsley Lynch111111111211
Harper Alston01111111029
Professor Killian Borisyuk111111111211
Professor Landon Carter00000000000
Professor Noelle Maxwell00000000000
Monty Pendleton10000010002
Professor Cyndi Kingsley11001110005

The results are in and we have a winner (Or rather two).
Congratulations to first prize winners @Professor Killian Borisyuk and @Ainsley Lynch
and Congratulations to second prize winner @Harper Alston
Third prize goes to @Adorah Zumwalt
Well done.
Prizes will b e sent to you and posted shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back