Y44 Start of Year Feast

Anisha had amused herself during the sorting ceremony by trying to guess where kids would go based on their vibe. She hadn’t been very good at it. Now the ceremony was over, and after Professor Alcott-Ward finally stopped talking they could grab some food. Anisha loaded her place, looking around. She was sitting with Raafe, but she was also always eager to talk to anyone else nearby. She spotted Fraser nearby. “Hey, if it isn’t my favorite replacement cousin.” She said, recalling a joke she had made at the last yule ball. “How’s life?”

@Fraser Fergusson

Ezra had been pretty hungry so he was glad when the sorting was over and they could eat. He always did like the ceremony, though. The hat’s song was always fun. Ezra spotted his roommate nearby and shot Gregory a smile. He thought the boy looked kind of sad, which wasn’t really new. He waved at him to get his attention. “Hey, how was your break?”

@Gregory Friend

Vanity had only been sitting at the Slytherin table for a few minutes, but she already felt pretty settled. Though to be fair, she didn’t think any of the other house tables would be any worse. They seemed to be getting the same food. She was kind of tired from the busy day and just quietly watched her surroundings as she grabbed some food. The Slytherin table seemed a little quiet to her, and Vanity tried to see if there was anyone around her own age nearby.

Ten was sat at the Gryffindor table next to Ned, fully embracing that she was in the same house as her best friend. There was no where else she would have rather have been except at the table her mum once sat at. She glanced around the hall, looking at the other houses and students that sat in the coloured robes, before she lay her eyes once more on one of the girls she could have sworn she recognised. After telling Ned she'd only be a moment, Ten crossed over to the Slytherin table, standing behind a brunette. "Hi?" she asked, tapping the girl on the shoulder. "Do you remember me?" Ten glanced back to the Gryffindor table, "or, us I should say?" maybe this girl had no recollection at all, and then she could have just dropped the subject.

@Vanity Mettlestone

Goldie sat at the long table in the Great Hall and starred in slight disgust at the amount of food that appeared before them because there would be so much waste but she kept that thought to herself as she reached for some salad to put onto her plate. She knew her mom wasn't here but she felt a bit like she would still get in trouble for eating any yummier stuff if she didn't eat some salad first. After serving herself she picked up her fork and started to eat in silence as a new Hufflepuff.

Marley was excited to be at Hogwarts and she couldn't wait to explore the castle as well as make new friends. She didn't really know much about Hufflepuff but it seemed like a nice place to be sorted into. Marley sat happily in her spot, listening to what the professor had said, but the forbidden forest had intrigued her a lot more, especially when it was spoken about during the train ride here. When the food had finally appeared, Marley cheered. She then turned towards the person next to her. "Hello! I'm Marley! What's your name?"

Dominic raised an eyebrow at the older girl's response, and then quickly decided he probably shouldn't touch the chicken in that case then. He would've preferred the chicken to have some flavour, and he was sure his mother wouldn't approve of it either. As she suggested the vegetables, Dominic wrinkled his nose. He didn't think he needed to eat vegetables here with his mother not being around, and he definitely didn't want to try them. "What else do you suggest? Vegetables are boring." he said quite frankly, watching as a person across from them began digging into the pasta.
@Aine Thompson

Abby always felt homesick whenever she came back to Hogwarts. She would always immediately miss her family when she arrived. But she was also glad to see her friends and she couldn't wait to spend time with them. Even though she found these feasts to be a little boring sometimes, aside from the sorting ceremony, she always listened anyways, hoping that there was at least something new. But it was always the same thing being said each year. It wasn't long before the food had arrived, and she quickly dug into her food.

The start and end of year feasts were one of the things that Conan was always least looking forward to. Though he always thought that the sorting ceremonies were cool. He clapped and cheered for those who joined his house. He didn't listen to a word of what the professor said, as it was always the same thing, over and over again. It wasn't long before the food had arrived and the food had dug in. He hurriedly went to grab a chicken leg when someone else was also going for the same piece. "Oh, sorry. You can take that piece, I can grab a different piece"

While Josh didn't mind the sorting ceremonies, the start of year feast was always so boring. He clapped and cheered very loudly when a new first year joined Gryffindor. But when that ended and the usual speech of the headmaster came about, he groaned. But only loud enough for those people around him to hear. "This is so boringggg, It's always the same thing every year" Josh quietly complained, he didn't care who heard him, but he needed to get his point across. It wasn't long before the food had arrived and Josh quickly dug into his food.

Molly was glad to be back at school. Her break had been a complete disaster. It was like her world had been crashing down and she hadn't told a single person about it. She would much prefer to keep it that way, for now. She was going to try and be her usual bubbly and happy self, so no one would suspect a thing. Molly hadn't paid attention to what was happening during the ceremony or to what the professor had been saying. The girl had been lost in her own thoughts, looking like a lost puppy. However, her train of thought was interrupted when the food had arrived and she slowly got a hold of her food, the sad thoughts lingering in her mind.

Nolan was grateful to be back at Hogwarts. Everything that had happened at home was just not really what he had been expecting. However, he also couldn't believe that this was his last year at Hogwarts. He was a little sad that he was going to miss his youngest sister's sorting next year. But it was okay. Nolan tried his best to pay attention to what was being said, but it was going in one ear and out the other. The food had finally arrived and Nolan quickly dug into the food.

Rosie glanced at the voice and smiled. "Isadora!" she hadn't noticed that she was back, but was glad to see her. "Yeah, he did. We just used to have lunch and stuff together, as a family..," she said, knowing that most were aware that their dad worked in the library. "Didn't your sister graduate too?" she asked, figuring that perhaps Isadora wasn't that sad or conflicted about it. Rosie didn't know the pair well, but they hadn't seemed super close.
@Isadora Novak

Fraser glanced at the person speaking to him and gave a wide smile. Thankfully he remembered to finish chewing and swallowing the bite he'd taken. "it's good!" he exclaimed joyfully. "My uncle got married over the break, I spent time with my sisters, and now it's time for another season of quidditch," he listed off all the good thins that had happened and may happen in his life. "Hows life for you?"
@Anisha Khatri

Emmanuel glanced at Emery. he didn't know the boy that well, they shared a house and he knew Emery liked that Gobstones game, but that was all he really knew about him. "Just fine?" he pressed a little. "My holiday was good, I spent time with my family at my grandmother's house. It was warm and the food was amazing," he said happily. He glanced around the hall and tried to quickly catch Penny's eye to wave at her.
@Emery Mettlestone

Gregory was trying to not draw attention to himself and yet he still managed to. He smiled tightly at Ezra and then had to lean in towards the boy to be able to really catch what he was saying over the noise of everyone else. "It was fine, I like going home and seeing my parents. My dad took me fishing," he said quietly, which probably didn't sound that great, but Gregory had done muggle things and he couldn't remember how Ezra felt about those things. "Yours?"
@Ezra Ito

Isadora smiled and held up her hand in greeting to Rosie. “Surprise.” She said in a joking tone. When Rosie told her they used to have lunch together as a family, Isadora felt a bit sad. She didn’t think she had taken lunch as a family with her parents or sister since she was very small. She nodded at Rosie’s question. “Yeah, guess so. But I missed it.” She said with a shrug. “Not that it makes much of a difference to me.”

@Rosie Archer

Vanity was surprised when someone tapped her shoulder, but her surprised expression quickly morphed into one of annoyance as she saw who it was. She had seen the girls being sorted, but did they really have to bother her at her own house? “I don’t think you’re supposed to be at this table.” She said coolly, refusing to answer the girl’s question.

@Amortentia Layton-King

Max was so excited to go back to Hogwarts that he hadn't been able to close his eyes at all the night before. And without a moment of rest on the train either, it wasn't surprising that he was dozing off while the Headmaster was giving his usual start of the year speech. So, with his head leaning on his arms, it didn't take long before the boy was asleep.

Anisha had expected the boy to at least joke back a bit, but he told her very earnestly about his break. She nodded when he said his uncle got married, though she personally didn't really like big parties like that. Too many aunts and uncles keeping an eye on her. "Nice! Are your sisters older or younger?" She asked him. "You're going to try out for the team again, then?" She asked, wondering what his chances were. The Gryffindor team was always full. "I'm fine. Just got up to no good with Raafe over here all break." She said, patting her cousin on the arm even though he seemed to be talking to someone else.

@Fraser Fergusson

Rosie smiled a little as Isadora spoke and it faded slightly as she finished. "I guess," she replied almost cringing at her own words. "Where did you go last year?" she asked, wondering if this would be a better topic for them. She didn't want to make things worse and felt if she pressed the things about Isadora's sister or boasted about her own relationship to her family.
@Isadora Novak

Ivelisse hadn't exactly expected anyone to make contact with her during the feast, not paying attention to any of the students around her as she kept moving the food around on her plate. Needless to say she was surprised when one of the other prefects smiled at her before opening her mouth. "Everything at this school gets old after a couple of years." Ivelisse replied in agreement. It was strange to think that when she had been a first year she had been full of plans and hopes and now by the end of it she had achieved very little of what she had planned to. Although she knew not all of that was her fault. If anything, this school was dealing with a very faulty system when it came to leadership roles. @Gwen Goodwin

Emery wondered why Emmanuel questioned his answer. He had said fine, so obviously it had been just fine. He nodded. "Yes." He repeated stiffly. The other boy talked about his great, which was apparently really great. Emery listened, not quite understanding how someone could enjoy spending time with family that much. "I spent time with my family too, but my sister is awful." He told the boy bluntly. "She was sorted this year. I'd stay away from her if you don't want your things stolen from you." He added, casting a quick glance at the Slytherin table.

@Emmanuel Okoye

Demetrius was glad to be back at school, all things considered. It was always interesting for the first five minutes to watch the sorting but as it went on it got more boring and he started to fidget with his hands. Once it was over, he was then surprised when a first year sat next to him, further surprised still when she spoke to him. She seemed ecstatic to be there and Demetrius couldn't blame her - however, the novelty had long worn off for him. "Uh, hi. I'm Demetrius." Usually he'd leave it there but he felt guilty somehow being his usual stand-offish self. "Welcome to Hufflepuff," he said in a monotone that was difficult to discern how sincere he was being. Demetrius then turned his attention to the food, picking for himself some meat and vegetables.

@Marley Pattinson

A new year and June wasn't a first year anymore. That was kind of nice somewhere but it didn't matter also. The older students had already noticed her last year and she was someone to be watched. Age didn't matter in that, but behavior. The blonde joined the Slytherins at their table and watched new people getting sorted. The speech from the headmaster was not really new and June watched her head of house and smiled shortly. June saw some older students talking and didn't really saw someone she prefered talking to. So just poured herself an orange juice. She was not gonna leave this table, if they wanted to talk they should come to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back