Y44 Start of Year Feast

The last time she would be at the start of the year, everything was the last time this year. And Crystal kind of hoped she would have an good year, the best year. Last year was not bad, but now she could make one move and throw it all away. She joined the Ravenclaws at the table and smiled as she saw new first years joining them. She took an seat and noticed Valeria across her. Crystal kind of looked up to the girl, she didn't knew her so long but she seemed like she got it all and she always seemed to know what to say. Crystal smiled, gathering all the courage. '' Hi Valeria. Strange right this is the last time to witness a sorting?'' Crystal just said, although she knew it was nothing special to say.

@Valeria Iglesias

Fraser smiled as she replied, "Younger, Holly is like 6 months old," he told her with an excited tone, he was clearly very excited to be a big brother. Before nodding eagerly. "Yeah, I will, but I think my chances are still low, unless none of the current chasers turn up," Fraser said with a little shrug. He was as dedicated to it, but could acknowledge that perhaps it was going to be a little bit more time before he made the team. "Yeah? What sort of stuff did you do?" he asked.
@Anisha Khatri

Emmanuel noted the slightly blunt tone from Emery, and then glanced around, he was sure he had heard the surname which Emery had being called out. But he now didn't remember where the person had gone. His mind cast to the boy he'd run into in Bleak street who had threatened to steal from him. "I do not believe I have much worth taking, unless your sister has an interest in history,"
@Emery Mettlestone

Ezra nodded as Gregory said his dad had taken him fishing. He supposed that would be fun, though he had never gone fishing himself. "Did you catch anything?" He asked, smiling a bit. "Fish, I mean." He added lightly. "My break was fine. I spent some time with my sister." He said with a little shrug as he started to eat. He wondered if he had maybe bothered Gregory, but surely anyone would like some company over sitting alone.

@Gregory Friend

Isadora realized she probably should have been a little less honest about her family dynamic, though she also didn't really see the point in hiding it. Rosie was maybe a bit uncomfortable, but she still had her happy and healthy family to fall back on. She'd be fine. Isadora couldn't quite help a bitter snort. "I was sent to Durmstrang. Not by choice." She told the other girl. "It was to keep me in line, apparently." She shrugged, but it was forced. Nothing about it had been casual to her.

@Rosie Archer

Gwen watched the other girl's reaction closely as she ate small bites. The other girl wasn't eating at all and Gwen thought it was pretty obvious something was bothering her. She raised her eyebrows slightly at the girl's words. She was curious about what her deal was. "I suppose so." She said mildly. "What is it that's bothering you?" She asked her, tilting her head a bit. "If you want to share, of course." She added sweetly.

@Ivelisse Burleigh

Anisha hadn't expected Fraser to have such a young sister, she raised her eyebrows. "Fun?" She asked, though there wasn't really anything fun about having a much younger sibling, Anisha guessed. You couldn't really talk to a baby or hang out with them. She realized with a jolt that Indira might have felt that way about her when she was born. That was a sobering thought. Anisha nodded as Fraser said his chances were low. "Never zero, though. And if you keep showing up at tryouts you'll make it someday." She said confidently. She shrugged at his question. "Y'know. We bugged my sister. Tried out prank items. Ate loads of ice cream... Stuff like that."

@Fraser Fergusson

Emery snorted in amusement as Emmanuel said he wouldn't have anything worth taking, shaking his head a bit. "Neither do I, but it doesn't matter." The number of times Emery had gone to his sister's secret stash and found his gobstones was too many to count. And she didn't even like gobstones. She never even grabbed the really good ones. As far as he knew, she didn't even notice that he took them back. He wasn't stupid enough to tell her he knew where she kept her things, obviously. He shook his head. "But she's definitely not interested in history." He admitted.

@Emmanuel Okoye

Glancing about the hall, Rene had to boggle at the idea that this would be his last sorting ever. He was one of the top dogs at school now, a Seventh year, Quidditch captain of the championship team, he had a girlfriend, one of his friends was the head boy even. It was weird and scary and still pretty cool as Rene settled in for the feast, making sure his captain's badge was clearly visible for all the new first years. Sure, the awareness that this year had no where to go but down lingered but Rene pushed it away, pulling a plate of potatoes closer before giving Eugene a friendly slap on the shoulder.

"Hey man, congrats on the badge. Shame we can't invite you to all those late night rule breaking parties, aye," he said brightly, turning to check the rest of the table. "You seen Charlie around?" He added, spotting Nolan and Manaia but conspicuously not their other roommate. @Eugene Nestor

Cameron was staring. He knew he was staring. He'd been staring down Isadora since the minute they'd gotten off the train. It was stupid. He needed to stop. Forcing himself to grab a pitcher of water and focus on that for a moment, he lasted all of 30 seconds before he caught himself glancing over at the Gryffindor table again, as if Isadora would have evaporated in the time it'd taken him to pour a glass of water.

Gritting his teeth, Cameron turned to the first person sitting close to him, giving Brevity a once over before trying to force himself into conversation. "I see you're still here then. Give up on getting kicked out or whatever you were trying to do last year?" @Brevity Boone

Marnie could already feel a bruise forming on her thighs where they'd pushed into the table while she'd strained to keep an eye on Milo in the crowd during sorting. She'd hooted and hollered to the best of her ability as he'd gotten Gryffindor, quietly relieved they weren't going to be in the same house. "That's so perfect I just know they'll be best friends like us I hope they'll sit together too oh I know OI MILO SIT WITH HOLDEN MILO HEY!" She called across the hall, nearly knocking into Penny as she half stood at the table before settling back down. "Sorry I dunno if he heard I mean I bet her heard but I dunno if he'll listen but they know each other and stuff already so I'm just going to trust it's all fate right OH speaking of fate remind me to tell you all about Emrys we were writing letters all holidays I've got to read you a few they're so cute," she said, lowering her voice and checking that Emrys wasn't sitting nearby and overhearing her gush about him. @Penelope Marshall

Penelope knew Marnie could be loud, but she still fought the urge to cover her ears when the girl started calling to her brother. Penny leaned to the side so Marnie didn't knock into her, smiling at her friend in amusement. "I'm pretty sure everyone heard." She said with a laugh. Penelope started eating and listened as Marnie talked about Emrys. She loved Marnie's enthusiasm but also knew it was likely she'd have a crush on someone else by Halloween. Penny had been silently pining for Emmanuel for a while now, which she had told Marnie about over break. "I'd love to see them." She said. "Do you think you'll ask him to a dance?"

@Marnie Frogg

Valeria glanced at Crystal as the girl spoke and gave a little nod of agreement. "Yeah, it is," she agreed with a smile. "Did you get re-sorted when you rejoined the school?" Valeria said with a wide smile, thinking about what it might be like to be re-sorted after so many years of being at a school, Perhaps if people who returned to the school as Crystal had were resorted.
@Crystal Holmgaard

Raafe was content to sit and listen as Anisha chatted away with Fraser next to him, letting her voice in his ear help cut out some of the noise of the hall around them as the feast got underway. Though not all of the noise, as Raafe turned his head hearing Joshua Lynch complaining nearby.

"Maybe the headmaster's stuck in a timeloop and hoping one of us will notice," he offered flatly. "You should do something. Save him. He can only warn us so many times about the Forest before he goes insane." @Joshua Lynch

Aine shrugged. "Technically, I'm probably supposed to tell you to eat your vegetables, but whatever." She gave an indifferent noise to punctuate her sentence, followed by a sip of water. "It's just the big start and end feasts where they go all praise to the motherland. The beef isn't bad, though." Great, five minutes in and she was already doing a bad job. She really had to just stick to the whole 'keep your mouth shut' plan for once.
@Dominic Owens-Lee

Dorian was content to keep to himself again this year, happy to have spent the train ride over sitting quietly with Ezra and reading, and continuing to do the same as the feast got started around him. It was hard to focus with everyone chatting and eating, but he'd found people were far less likely to bother him when he had a book between him and them.

He'd been absentmindedly reaching for a plate of food when someone else reached for it and Dorian snatched his hand back as if burnt. "No. It's fine. I don't want it," he said sharply, squinting at Conan and dropping his hand, glancing down at his empty plate and frowning. @Conan Burke

Milo had let out a huge sigh of relief when he'd been sorted into Gryffindor. No way did he want to have to deal with Marnie 24/7 at school and home. He pointed ignored her when he heard her calling from the Hufflepuff table, sticking his fingers in his ears as he walked, suddenly doing an about face when he spotted Holden. "La la la la la, I can't hear youuu," he sing-songed, suddenly stopping and sliding under the table, popping out on the other side and nearly bumping into the girl already sitting there. "Hey, sorry move over, hi," he said, wedging himself into the spot and continuing to pointedly not look in Marnie or Holden's direction. "So, what's the gossip in Gryffindor, what's cool to know, any common room secrets? Is it really in one of the towers, is there a short cut to deal with all the stairs?" He asked the girl, already moving on to get settled and start filling his plate. @Senna Overby

Marnie joined Penny in laughing as she sat down properly at the table, ducking her head though she wasn't really embarrassed. She beamed when Penny was excited about seeing the letters, turning in her seat to face her friend. "Good cause I saved all of them thank Merlin for my new job right or I'd probably have run out of ink and parchment before July and OH yes gosh I hope so I want to ask him out like NOW I've been revving myself up to do it but like how do you even ask someone to date you normally can you do that do you have any advice ohh if he says yes we should do a double date, right!" She said, casting a completely unsubtle look between Penny and the Ravenclaw table. @Penelope Marshall

Dominic gave a small smile to the older Hufflepuff. "The beef it is then." he said, piling a couple of pieces onto his plate. She seemed quite chill, and he liked that. "My name is Dom by the way. What's yours?" He figured it wouldn't hurt making friends with the older students. After all, the more friends he had, the more he would like being at Hogwarts. He picked up the beef with his fork and put it in his mouth. "You're right - it's really good!" he exclaimed, taking some more.
@Aine Thompson

Santiago wasn't sure if he was more angry or sad that he had ended up back at Hogwarts. He had begged and pleaded but his parents wouldn't budge. It was decided. He was truly stuck here for the next six years. He wasn't hungry. Not even after such a long day of traveling. They had used port keys but all the connections had made his head spin. He wondered if a hunger strike would do anything for his cause but if nothing had worked so far he knew it was pointless to keep trying. If there was one thing his parent's had in common besides him it was their stubbornness. And they wonder why he turned out this way. Santiago didn't pay attention to sorting or anything the headmaster said. He just wanted to get to the dorm and go to sleep.

Leah could not have been happier to be back at school and be around her friends again. She was buzzing with excitement as she watched all the new students get sorted. It was always so exciting and she made sure to cheer extra loud of Gryffindor. Before the feast began her voice was nearly gone from cheering for so many new housemates. She was starving by the time the food arrived and she started serving herself a plate. She noticed Max was sitting across from her and she watched as the boy closed his eyes and his head started to droop. She reached out and snapped her fingers a few times. "Oi, Max wake up or you're going to have a face full of mashed potatoes!" @Max Goose

The knots in Ethan's stomach hadn't entirely faded and he wasn't sure they ever would. He tried to focus on the sorting ceremony to distract himself but it didn't entirely work. But he was happy to see how excited the new first years were. At least someone was having a good time. He listened halfheartedly to the headmaster since it was all the same stuff every time. Finally the food arrived and he started to serve himself even though he wasn't sure how much he'd actually be able to eat. He hoped they wouldn't have a house meeting tonight. He was already really tired.

Eugene turned his gaze to Rene and then smiled. "Like I have time for those anyway," he joked lightly before shaking his head. "No, maybe he's just running late? Did he pass apparition?" Eugene asked Rene, he couldn't remember if he'd seen Charlie do the exam. But had to imagine if he had, and had passed he probably wouldn't be late.
@Rene Tofilau

Brevity was a little surprised that someone actually tried to speak to her. But she gave a little laugh. ”It's proving more difficult than I thought, I turn 17 soon enough, and then I can choose what I do,” Brevity said. ”I bombed my OWLs though, just to annoy my parents and prove them wrong, so it wasn't a complete waste,”
@Cameron Roswell

Max would've been content with sleeping while the rest of the students had their dinner, as he could always make a detour to the kitchens when it was time to return to the Gryffindor common room, but the snapping of fingers denied him from falling into a comfortable slumber. ''Yeah, I'm still here,'' he said groggily, looking up quickly to see that it was Leah who had tried to get his attention. He smiled as he rubbed away the sleep from his eyes and said, ''I didn't drool, did I?'' It seemed like not that much time had passed between closing his eyes and now, so he quickly filled his plate with food to distract himself from falling asleep again. ''How've you been, had a good break?'' @Leah Thorne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back