Open Y32 Club Fair

"CUPCAKES?!" Sierra exclaimed, dropping the lollies on the table and taking a cupcake. She took a huge bite out of one, but her eyes grew wide when she was given a gift bag with a bracelet in it. Could this club get any better?! "Smerera," She said to the blonde, trying to say her name with a mouth full of cupcake. She put the cupcake down and tried to quickly chew what was in her mouth. "Sierra!" She repeated, before excitedly taking out the bracelet and putting it on. "I love you guys!" She said enthusiastically. Glitter, cupcakes, bracelets. It was a girl's dream. Sierra grabbed a quill and signed her name in big letters, where the blonde had pointed it out. "Can I make you a friendship bracelet?" Sierra asked the blonde.

The clubs Nixon was already part of had provided him a sense of belonging he never felt before, and allowed him to cultivate his abilities and interests as a writer and photographer, and wanting to both help out and show his dedication to these clubs, as well as search for other clubs to potentially join, he arrived to the club fair that year with an open mind. He did not have any club in mind he wanted to join but thought it couldn't hurt to look around and see what was available. Though before searching for something new, the hufflepuff intended to visit the Hogwarts Monthly and Accio tables to see how everything was going. His first point of call was the Hogwarts monthly table where the new editor Sophie was standing. Nixon began to approach the table with the intent to ask if she needed help signing new members up, but he was soon stopped in his tracks when he got closer and noticed Arvel was also there.​
Nixon didn't want nor need the ordeal of dealing with the other boy, so hoping Arvel hadn't seen him, Nixon whistled quietly in an attempt to seem nonchalant and turned on his heels to approach the Accio table instead. Smiling and pretending like nothing had happened, he greeted Zoe and Vader who were already there. "Hey guys, how's it going?" He asked, wondering if they needed help with anything. As far as Nixon knew, the yearbook wasn't looking for new members, but that didn't mean he couldn't help out if they needed it.​

Phoebe looked at the blond girl running the stand, shrugging at her words. "If I end up not liking it, I can always leave again right?" She asked the girl. As far as Phoebe knew, this stuff wasn't binding in any way. She signed up, raising her eyebrows slightly when the girl still grabbed a giftbag for her. "I'm sure. I'd probably just lose it. You can give it to someone who actually wants it." She told the girl bluntly. Phoebe knew she had been clear, and it annoyed her a little that the girl was pushing it. She nodded when the girl said she could grab a cupcake. She took it and handed it to her sister, who seemed happy with it.

Alice didn't really get why Phoebe refused the bracelet, but she knew her sister was stubborn. She was happy simply that she got the other girl to sign up, and even more pleased with the cupcake her sister gave her. She looked at a younger girl who was very excited to sign up, giving her a smile. "Hi! Can you teach me how to make friendship bracelets?" She asked her, as that sounded like a neat skill to have.

"Lovely!" Nell was excited at the idea of being an intern, it would be fun to learn how newspapers worked, and some day create articles of her own. She signed her name on the sign up sheet, and gave the older girl a last smile. "Thank you!" Her job done, Nell drifted over to the table covered in flowers, the first one that had actually caught her eye. "Hi! Is this a gardening club? I would like to join, please!"

Blake grinned at the older boy, taking the signup form gratefully. He looked successful already, like he knew what he was doing in life, and with role models like this, Blake knew this was exactly the kinda club that was gonna get him where he wanted to go. "Thanks!" He said happily, quickly scribbling his name on the list and handing it back to the older Hufflepuff.

Upon learning that it was a 'boy club' the girl didn't seem to want to join anymore and Etienne watched her go over towards the Heta Omega table before turning his attention back to the older boy again. "Great, pass it here once you're done," he asked the boy currently scribbling his name down, eagerly taking the sheet from him once he was done and adding his own neatly written name to the list. Then he stood up straight again, a wide grin stretched across his lips. "Is that it? Am I member now?"

Being asked to teach someone how to make friendship bracelets was the BEST THING EVER! Sierra grinned, throwing herself into a hug with the girl, before stepping back and holding her shoulders. "Yeah I can! We'll make the best friendship bracelets ever! We can make them for everyone!"

Jasper grinned as Sierra left, glad he had been able to help. Sure, another boy was helping too, but Jasper was sure he had been the more helpful of the two. The older boy welcomed him to the club, and told them to take some lollies. Jasper wasn't going to wait to be asked a second time, and grabbed a handful. "Cool!" He said, immediately starting to eat one. He heard a familiar voice and turned slightly, seeing Blake. "Hey Blake! Where's Tyler?" He was already used to seeing the two of them together. "I already joined AND got lollies." He told him with a grin.

Lars had hoped the girl at the stand would notice him and talk to him, but he supposed that was a bit unfair because he was just standing silently, behind a few other students. He listened uneasily as the girl explained what LGBTQ was to a girl, unsure why that was something that was discussed here and now. He opened his mouth to say something, but a dark haired girl made her way to the booth first and said she wanted to join. Lars closed his mouth again, embarrassed. He wondered if he should leave, maybe come back later, when the girl who had just asked about things turned around and asked him if he was going to join. He stared at her for a moment, then glanced at the booth. "I'm hoping to." He said honestly. Then another girl came up and asked to join, making Lars bite his lip. He wondered if he would have to wait until every single first year girl had joined until he could find the courage to push to the front and sign up himself.

Tyler had been following Blake around at the club fair, agreeing that the brotherhood was by far the best option for them. The paper could be fun, maybe, but not enough to actually put effort into it. Anything else looked childish to him, and he dismissed it out of hand. But the entrance hall was crowded with people and he soon lost sight of Blake. Instead, he saw Sierra walk past, and unthinkingly he started to walk in the same direction. He was vaguely thinking he could pretend to want to join the same club as her, when he noticed she was heading to the girly glittery sisterhood club. Recoiling, Tyler stepped back without approaching her or the stall. That definitely wasn't for him. Embarrassed by his mistake, he quickly made his way over to the brotherhood booth instead, where he saw Jasper chatting to Blake to his annoyance. He sighed, but tried to catch the attention of the older boys who seemed to be running this. "I would like to join too."

Arvel didn't understand. He understood what Sophie was saying, but he didn't understand why she was saying it. He'd never done anything to her, as far as he could remember. Why was everybody always so judgemental and rude? He glanced at Analei, feeling bad that he didn't know how to stand up for her; but just as he thought Sophie was going to make it difficult for Analei to sign up, she apologised and dropped the act. What had been the point in that? Arvel shrugged at his friend, looking at her hopefully. It would have been nice if Sophie had told her a bit more about what being an intern entailed, but at least she hadn't turned her away. He just hoped Sophie's rudeness hadn't put Analei off completely.

Geo glanced up when she heard her name, and grinned at the blonde who she recognised from speaking to last year. "Hey Willow." It was good to keep in touch with students who wanted to remain committed to the club, and the Hufflepuff hoped that people would want to continue practising what they learnt in their lessons. It was a completely different experience to performing in class and even though Geo had never won herself she was glad for the chance. "Anyone who signed up last year will still be on the list, you just need to keep an eye out later in the year for the duels," the fifth year explained, glad that a few people seemed interested in the club. "Are you looking forward to the year ahead?" She asked. Her own third year was her hardest to date for academia given the mass of new subjects she'd picked up at the time.

It was a delight to Ainsley having so many young students eager to join their club. "Just write your names on the list here." She smiled, handing out sign up sheets to the girls who had asked questions. She had barely noticed a boy hovering behind them but as he addressed her she gave him a kind smile, and handed him a sheet as well. "Of course! We'd be happy to have you!" She smiled gently. Ainsley remembered being nervous and unsure about joining clubs in her own younger years, and she wanted to be as reassuring as possible.

Kauri was glad that Tristan was helping out with the forms and being positive to the boys. He didn't want the younger students catching wind of any unpleasantness and being put off the club. Kauri gave a friendly smile to another boy who approached, handing him a signup sheet as well. "Of course, just sign your name." He smiled brightly. "You guys can all help yourselves to lollies too, they're for everyone."

Nell took the offered signup sheet from the tall lady and wrote her name in careful, neat handwriting. "Thank you!" She smiled politely, handing it back. That was two clubs now, but Nell wouldn't feel like she was doing the school justice if she wasn't experiencing every club Hogwarts had to offer. Plus, it would be nice to make some female friends. Walking away from the Wild Patch booth, she approached the Heta Omega one, eyes widening a little at all the goodies on offer. Nell wanted to join for the experience more than the presents, but presents were certainly a nice bonus. "Hi, can I join your club too?" She asked the older girls at the booth, smiling politely.

Evelyn listened as the young Gryffindor girl tried to introduce herself, but was too excited for a cupcake. It made the blonde laugh for a moment. '' Are they good?'' Evelyn asked the Gryffindor girl with a bright smile. She was glad to see that people liked it. Evelyn felt confident of how she was doing as president. And people could think what they want about all the stuff she had put together, but she thought of the club as important to her and she wasn't afraid to show that with some luxuary. The girl introduced herself as Sierra, the second time Evelyn could hear it more clear. Sierra.. Sierra.. That name did ring a bell. When Evelyn realised who was in front of her she laughed for a moment. How could she didn't saw this directly. '' Sierra? Wait your the sister of Lucas?'' Evelyn never really saw the family of Lucas before, but she was sure that would come. So she didn't knew how his sister would look. Sierra seemed to be very happy with being a part of the club and Evelyn thought it was a great spirit for the group. Evelyn was sure gonna tell Lucas and ask about his sister. The girl than signed up and asked if she could make her a friendship bracelett. Evelyn thought it was cute and Alice thought so too. She was glad the two girls seemed to be bonding. '' I'm curious too. It's nice that you do that.' Perhaps you can teach the other members.'' Evelyn than said smiling to Alice and Sierra.

Evelyn than listened to the other girl from Ravenclaw. Evelyn hoped that the girl would think otherwise, but it wasn't forever ofcourse. Merrill was a part of the club too when Evelyn wasn't president yet and she left. '' Ofcourse you can. But I hope you will like it.'' The girl didn't want her bracelett, so Evelyn just let it that way. Than not. It was a beautiful one and she figured everyone would like one. But when the girl didn't want it, she would rather gave it to someone else indeed. When she finished talking to Phoebe because she liked to focus on positivity more she noticed a young girl that said she wanted to join as well. Evelyn was glad there were already so many signing up. She looked at Amber for a moment. Perhaps she wanted to help the girl as well.

Alice was surprised when the younger girl hugged her, but returned it after a moment. "Great! Thanks! I'd love to make one for my sisters." She said with a grin. "And my best friend! And you if you want! What's your name? I'm Alice." She was glad she was already making friends, and was happy she had come to this club fair even though she already was a member of all the clubs she wanted to be in.

Amber smiled at the first year girl who wanted to join Heta Omega as well. It was always nice that so many new students wanted to join their club. "Of course! We're happy to have you as a member." She said brightly, handing the girl a sign up sheet. "How do you like Hogwarts so far?" She asked, curious if the young girl was adjusting to her new school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back