Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
We are back with the Photo Challenge again! :party:

For anyone who needs a refresher, the photo challenge asks you to interpret each prompt and show off your creativity with each one. As with previous years, all prompts can be interpreted and completed without violating any guidelines that may apply in your country*.

Some of the prompts will focus specifically on you, the RPer, while others might ask you to consider one of more of your characters.

Feel free to take a look at last year's challenge for an idea of how things will go. The link for the first photo challenge is also in there. ;)

Each round will have its own challenge. If you complete a round successfully, you'll earn a point! The top two points earners will receive prizes, TBD soon. ^_^

The Rules

1. Site rules apply for all photos submitted!
2. Each round will last approximately 48 hours.
3. Since the game is OOC, you can only sign up 1x per RPer. You can totally participate even if you didn't sign up, but only people who signed up will be eligible to win a prize.
4. Photos submitted for the challenge should be photos taken by you for the purpose of this challenge. Screen shots do count so long as they are based on original work by you and taken for the purpose of this challenge.
5. You cannot repeat a photo, so if you've used a photo for prompt 4 you can't use it again for prompt 7.

Code:
[b]Signups:[/b]

[LIST=1]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[/LIST]

*Your health and safety are the most important, and the challenges were made with pandemic restrictions in mind. Going outside is not required for this game so that you can participate within your comfort zone.

Last edited:
Signups:
  1. [Rosemarie Chatwin]

2. Code:
    [b]Signups:[/b]

[LIST=1]

[Rosemarie Chatwin]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[/LIST]

Signups:
  1. Rosmarie Chatwin
  2. Amber Chou Wilson

Code:
[B]Signups:[/B]
[LIST=1]
[*]Rosmarie Chatwin
[*]Amber Chou Wilson
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[/LIST]

Signups:
  1. Rosemarie Chatwin
  2. Amber Chou Wilson
  3. Aine Thompson

Signups:
  1. Rosmarie Chatwin
  2. Amber Chou Wilson
  3. Aine Thompson
  4. Professor Landon Carter

Code:
[LIST=1] [*]Rosmarie Chatwin 
[*]Amber Chou Wilson 
[*]Aine Thompson
[*]Professor Landon Carter
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*] [/LIST]

Signups:
  1. Rosemarie Chatwin
  2. Amber Chou Wilson
  3. Aine Thompson
  4. Professor Landon Carter
  5. Samantha Jacobs

Code:
[LIST=1] [*]Rosemarie Chatwin
[*]Amber Chou Wilson
[*]Aine Thompson
[*]Professor Landon Carter
[*]Samantha Jacobs
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*] [/LIST]

yayyyy this was so much fun last year

Signups:
  1. Rosemarie Chatwin
  2. Amber Chou Wilson
  3. Aine Thompson
  4. ~Professor Landon Carter
  5. Samantha Jacobs
  6. Ainsley Lynch

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR=rgb(184, 134, 11)][I]Rosemarie Chatwin[/I][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=rgb(255, 69, 0)][I]Amber Chou Wilson[/I][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=rgb(184, 134, 11)]Aine Thompson[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=rgb(184, 134, 11)]~[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(25, 25, 112)]Professor Landon Carter[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=rgb(204, 0, 102)]Samantha Jacobs[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=rgb(255, 69, 0)][I]Ainsley Lynch[/I][/COLOR]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

Signups:
  1. Rosemarie Chatwin
  2. Amber Chou Wilson
  3. Aine Thompson
  5. Samantha Jacobs
  6. Ainsley Lynch
  7. Adorah Zumwalt

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR=rgb(184, 134, 11)]~[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(25, 25, 112)]Professor Landon Carter[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=rgb(204, 0, 102)]Adorah Zumwalt[/COLOR]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

Can someone add me to the list? I am on my phone and it's not letting me copy text!

Signups:
  1. Rosemarie Chatwin
  2. Amber Chou Wilson
  3. Aine Thompson
  5. Samantha Jacobs
  6. Ainsley Lynch
  7. Adorah Zumwalt
  8. Penny Wills

B]Signups:[/B]
[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR=rgb(0, 100, 0)]Penny Wills[/COLOR]
[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]
[/LIST]

Tbd if I'll actually have time to participate, but I regret not signing up last year so...

Signups:
  1. Rosemarie Chatwin
  2. Amber Chou Wilson
  3. Aine Thompson
  5. Samantha Jacobs
  6. Ainsley Lynch
  7. Adorah Zumwalt
  8. Penny Wills
  9. Harper Alston

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR=rgb(0, 100, 0)]Penny Wills[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=rgb(178, 34, 34)][I]Harper Alston[/I][/COLOR]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]
[/LIST]

Signs up will be closing tomorrow with the game beginning a day or two after! ^_^

It's time for our first prompt, and for this one we're calling on Herbology majors (or minors, we all have to start somewhere amirite?). Show us what you've got! Anything in the Herbology vein will work!
This isn't my set up but I was feeling the herbology vibe of it yesterday at brunch! ^_^
CM_Photogrid_1652098353777.jpg

Here are a few of my actual plants that are surviving in spite of me. :p
20220509_081431.jpg

20220510_084214.jpg

I am the complete opposite of a green thumb, I live in a tiny miserable flat with no garden or any space for one. I work with my parents though and they recently bought this old historical building in town. It's in dire need of renovation but we're squatting in the upstairs part until downstairs is ready (then upstairs will become a rental/airbnb). My office has this weird alcove next to it that my mum's put this sad looking plant in it so now that's my garden :lol:

Ooof, it's the start of winter here so my garden is S U F F E R I N G x_x I've scraped together a few photos of the plants that aren't doing too badly, but it's been a pretty brutal couple of months.

zdD3LUs.png

Gooseberry bush - I couldn't get the whole thing in one picture without showing my dying tomato vines, so here's a little top-down.
O26sBHx.png

Geranium - My nan grew this from seed for me 3-4 years ago and it's survived pretty much everything that's been thrown at it so far.

6Gb91ZO.png

The allium zone! Here I've got spring onions, chives, and garlic chives at the back, regular garlic in the pots to the left, an eggplant in the middle, and carrots to the right. (Yes you can grow carrots in pots they come out about 2 inches long its very cute)

gnAgwdx.png

Lastly the Christmas tree I've had the last couple of years, and my sidesprouter broccoli which got demolished by caterpillars to the point of having no leaves whatsoever and has made an extremely impressive comeback.

So I used to have a lot of plants, but my consistent depression over the past few years killed them. Here's some newer ones. The cactus has decided to grow a weird baby. This also features the pot of a plant my cat recently knocked down and killed... and then I knocked down the pot again after taking this photo.

f8JkSzE.jpg

Unlike Landon I am actually really bad at gardening. But about a month ago I bought a mulberry tree as they were on sale as they're heading out of season, and I got really excited when I found some fruit growing on it, so here's that.

PsRGdyj.jpg

My ongoing Herbology projects:
PXL-20220510-083402224.jpg

image.png

The garden is my herbology project haha. I cant keep anything alive inside the house though.

Last edited:
I don't have my life together enough to keep plants in my apartment. So in honor of the 6th year Herbology field trip, here's a photo of a wildlife sanctuary garden random clump of plants at a nearby park. Maybe there's some dittany hidden in there somewhere.

Adk7Tj.jpg

Some of you are budding Herbologists and some of us (looking at myself) are just trying our best here xD

That's one prompt down and now it's time to move things along.

Our next prompt is Felix Felicis.
Show us what makes you feel lucky!

As a reminder, the hide tag does work now. Use it whenever you feel the need!

20220511_172120.jpg

Here are a few of the items I turn to when I need a little luck on my side - my Snoopy socks and a worry stone! the stone has been really helpful recently. ^_^

So, I have a weird knack for finding many-leaved clovers. (My nan says it's because our family has fae blood......) I think the biggest one I've ever found had eight or nine leaves, though I've got no idea where my collection from when I was a kid is. Here are my most recent finds from my dad's lawn a few months ago.

KWJAEvH.png

For this one I have decided to go with my cats. They make me feel incredibly lucky because they remind me that I always have a home to go back to. They came to me during a bit of a troubling time and since then they have always been there for me when I got home after a bad day, and they also make my home feel like home in a way its never felt before. I know some others don't have the luxury of coming home to a loving pet, and so that is why they make me feel so lucky.

Here is a picture of them wanting my chicken nugget.

QxtP83Z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back