Get to know you!

The only thing I'm superstitious about is knocking on wood if I think of something bad, to stop it from happening xD

This isn't really a classic superstition thing, but it's HP related so may be funny to share.

I have house socks for each house, and sometimes in the morning I pick one I feel like I'll 'need' for that day xD (ravenclaw socks when I have an exam for example)

I then immediately forget about it haha but it's still something I do occasionally.

I never really thought about it. but there are a few superstitions I fellow. i dont open umbrellas inside. black cats bring GOOD luck, i say good morning to magpies (when I remember). and I touch wood to save tempting fate. most of these are more habits than true belief but I do it anyway and I feel bad breaking them.
but I do believe luck comes in threes. last time I had a really lucky day I bought a lottery ticket hoping that the third bit of good luck would be a win (i was wrong). and when I had a really bad day at work I was waiting for the third thing to happen. so that i could relax.

I have house socks for each house, and sometimes in the morning I pick one I feel like I'll 'need' for that day xD (ravenclaw socks when I have an exam for example)

That's so cute xD
If I pull a matching pair socks out of the draw it by default becomes a lucky day =))

But nah I'm not superstitious at all!!

New question! What is something you do wrong almost every time you do it?

Spelling the words occasion and occurrence. I rely on autocorrect for both and probably will for the rest of my life. xD I'm normally a great speller but these words get me every time.

Trying to spell Cydni :r
HAHA
Ummm, putting on false eyelashes. Y'all, how do people do that.

You know I do it on purpose :p ssiiiidney

I can't ever say statistics without adding an additional 3 s's. I also default to pronouncing and spelling it minellium instead of millennium. Fun fact when writing that second variant I spelt that wrong too..

Mine is spelling 'necessary', I always need to check the spelling and most of the time I always type it wrong first xD

Mine is spelling 'necessary', I always need to check the spelling and most of the time I always type it wrong first xD

I finally got around this one by remembering this lil mnemonic: a shirt has one Collar and two Sleeves. One C, and two S's, neCeSSary.

I was taught this mnemonic
Never Eat Chips Eat Salad Sandwiches And Remain Young.
The word I always struggled with was weather/whether. And always seemed to write the spelling that meant catsrated goat.

I can never remember people’s name or faces. Which makes big social events quite tricky at times.

I use the same mnemonic for spelling necessary! ^_^

I get confused with advice and advise and when to use which one when.

New question: I asked which is your favorite book set in the HP world and I don't think I followed up asking which movie set in the HP world is your favorite. :doh: So, I'm asking now. :p

The first movie has a special place in my heart, forever and always. :wub:

Also...if someone wants to gather the questions for me so I can add them to the first post for reference, I'll be forever grateful. :r ^_^

1. Which existing superhero would you want to be?

2. What Hogwarts House are you in?

3. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

4. What is your favorite breakfast cereal?

5. What hand you write with?

6. What is your favorite color?

7. What's your favorite forum area on the board?

8. Which book set in the HP world is your favorite?

9. Who is your favorite HP character?

10. What's your favorite HP magical creature?

11. Are you an early bird, night owl, or something else?

12. Which is your favorite season?

13. Do you wear glasses?

14. What is the last thing you had to eat?

15. Pineapple on your pizza?

16. Do you consider yourself a clean or messy person?

17. What is the best/your favorite Halloween costume that you've worn?

18. Candy corn - yes or no?

19. Are you superstitious about anything? If so, what?

20. What is something you do wrong almost every time you do it?

The old questions, if I didn't miss any :p

As for this one, I'm not a big fan of the movies at all tbh! But the one I'd have to say is the first one too, just because it got me into the series before I ever knew about the books.

Ohh man the third movie was my big fave. Maybe unpopular opinion but the tone really worked for me. There were a lot of changes from the original that I didn't love (I feel like this was the point where Ron and Hermione's characterisation really went off the rails) but the overall feel of watching the movie was just really pleasant to me.

I'm now realising it's been a REALLY long time since I've seen any of the movies though... I don't think I've watched any of them since DH2 came out

Damn Daph, beat me to the list :p

My favourite movie has got to be the goblet of fire, when I was a kid I really liked the scene with the yule ball and everyone dressing up, so it's stuck with me because of that :D

I preferred Goblet of Fire because of the dark undertones, and then the death of Cedric that opens up how the series progresses from there.

I really loved the third film, it's just please to the eye and felt more real than the ones before it. It had this kind of feel that i'd always imagined in my head. It was a little cringe at times, but i think the feel and look of it, helped bring the potter film verse out of the early child look and allowed it to transition in a greater darker look. Plus it's one of the only films to accurately show how much rain those hogwarts kids would get in a hogwarts set in northern scotland.

I did also really like both parts of deathly hallows. I like how they did it and honestly the tale of the three brothers animation was class.

New question!

What's the strangest thing you've eaten?

Bugs - I've had a meal worm and cricket before.

Both of these were when I was a child, I haven't eaten meat in a very long time, but I'd say emu meat and ox tongue are tied for me. Both really tasty! Sliced ox tongue was a big favourite of mine as a kid. In recent years I think the most uncommon thing I've had is goose egg... we used to have a pet goose at my mum's place, and she was an absolute darling, and goose eggs are AMAZING boiled. Sssssso much yolk, so goood <3

The strangest things I've eaten that I can recall is snake and pig intestines, from the time I lived in China when I was a kid. There might be more 'strange' stuff I ate while I was there, but I don't remember it xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back