Get to know you!

Mine's not nearly as sentimental haha but it's probably my two bass guitars 🎶

Man tough one!!! I'm not massively attached to my things! I have been given gifts and stuff that I love but I don't treasure any particular item hmm

Really gotta pass on this (but posting anyway because it's interesting realising I don't have one xD )

My family have not been the sentimental types, so I don't have many old passed down items or anything like that, so mine is probably the poinsettia plant I got in the christmas of 2020, like I bought it for about £1 and I've just been slowly growing it for the last year and a half and like i just love watching it grow, and seeing how it develops.

I do get though that picking a plant that could die as a prized possession is probably a bit......dangerous, but I love it.

Mine *should* be my grandma's rings but I left them at my dad's house, same with my signed copy of Encyclopedia Eorzea (the FFXIV lorebook). So I think I'm in the same kind of boat as Claire! :lol:

Inspired by the current shouty conversation :p -

What's your favorite tool or tip to help limit procrastination/distractions?

If anyone has good advice I'd love to hear it :r I've been a chronic procrastinator since I was a little kid. It's been compounded in my adult life with health issues so I have like...no tips for it. If I'm interested in something I'll push it through but it's not a reliable means of motivation, lol.

(For instance, I am here instead of doing work. :lol: )

tbh, my brain can get overwhelmed very easily if i have a number of tasks, and I certainly struggle to start things. But one trick i find that usually helps ease my mind, is to do things for ten minutes. Set a timer and do one thing for ten minutes, then the next for ten, and then the next for ten and so on. It usually helps my mind settle, and I start getting things done. It's slow but it works for me, and eventually I'm just working on what I need to.

tbh, my brain can get overwhelmed very easily if i have a number of tasks, and I certainly struggle to start things. But one trick i find that usually helps ease my mind, is to do things for ten minutes. Set a timer and do one thing for ten minutes, then the next for ten, and then the next for ten and so on. It usually helps my mind settle, and I start getting things done. It's slow but it works for me, and eventually I'm just working on what I need to.
Pretty much what I was going to say!!
But just... telling myself I only have to do a thing for 10 minutes. Or I only have to do the first little step, and that's it. Usually I end up doing more than I planned, but knowing I only have to do one tiny thing, or ten minutes' worth of it, makes it easier to start

It's been a while!

Here's a new question- Do you enjoy riding roller coasters?

Generally, no. I'm scared of heights so I have to work up a lot of nerve to ride one, so I generally prefer other types of rides at amusement parks or carnivals.

Short answer, yes. Long answer, I don't know if I can ride them anymore as I've developed significant motion sickness over the years. I haven't tested it out because I'm not keen on getting sick at 80 mph :teehee:

I love them. I ride them every chance I get. Even if they give me significant headaches or whiplash, totally worth it. The more inversions/speed, the better.

I'm in a similar boat to Amanda I think? I like them but I don't know how well I'll handle them anymore, I remember going to Dreamworld and trying to do all the thrill rides in a day and feeling so sick from the adrenaline rush :lol: I'm scared of falling but okay with heights, weirdly enough. But its been so long since I've been on one, I'll have to go again sometime.

I love them though they do make me very nervous! I'm very small and often don't quite fit in the safety harnesses so it can make things kinda intersting...
There wasn't a tonne in NZ growing up (if I remember correctly Rainbows End, NZ's only theme park, only had one? I think when I was a kid. Maybe two), but I did once ride that one roller coaster 13 times in a row.

I'm not keen on getting sick at 80 mph
As someone who once had someone puke in my hair from behind on in one of those pendulum rides, I appreciate your restraint.

Yes

Scared Music Video GIF by Katy Perry

I once lost my shoe in one of those roller coasters in which your feet just hang free beneath you. I now always double check if my shoes are properly tied.

I love riding roller coasters though

I once lost my shoe in one of those roller coasters in which your feet just hang free beneath you. I now always double check if my shoes are properly tied.

I love riding roller coasters though
Did they retrieve it for you or did you have to go without it all day? :o

Did they retrieve it for you or did you have to go without it all day? :o

They did eventually. It took them a while to find it because it had fallen into a bunch of bushes, so I did have to walk without it for a little bit.

No, I'm the bag guard for my friends when they ride. Those spinning Waltzer rides are the very worst though, I'd take a rollercoaster over one of those!

As someone who once had someone puke in my hair from behind on in one of those pendulum rides, I appreciate your restraint.
Omg Kris, no! That is horrific!

I love rollarcoasters though I haven't been to a theme park in years (like ten years) somewhat unsurprisingly given that theme parks are an outdoors activity they aren't super common in Scotland.

Love rollercoasters! Working at a theme park also means getting to ride them for free :r

Actually found this while I was visiting my parents the other week; me, age 8, exemplifying my love of rollercoasters at.. Jazzland, New Orleans I think.
aL0O1rP.jpg

No, I'm the bag guard for my friends when they ride. Those spinning Waltzer rides are the very worst though, I'd take a rollercoaster over one of those!
Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one here!!! I'm not really a rollercoaster fan!

Too intense for me :lol:

Rollar coasters are a big yes.
My last holiday I went to Brisbane and we went to the movie world. it is a shame that the hypercoster wasn't open but I loved the superman coaster and the scooby doo one (fun fact there is a spider in there that was part of the set for chamber of secrets)

Okay, New Question.

What is your favourite misheard song Lyric? And do they make the song better?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back