Open Y47 Club Fair

Savannah turned to the next student who approached. "Yeah sure, sign here," she said with a little forced smile, passing the paper to him next. And then looked to the girl, nodding slightly, the girl seemed uncertain but Savannah didn't really care. She passed another sheet to her so she could also sign up.
@Felix Layton-King @Demi Zephyr

Daiki smiled at the boy and then nodded. "Thanks," he signed the sign-up sheet and then glanced around looking for the next thing to sign up too. Settling on the arts club. he walked over. "Hi, I'd be keen to sign up,"
@Lucy Montague

Sybil had been waiting for this day since she had gotten to Hogwarts and heard about it. She couldn't wait to get involved in any way she could. As she arrived to the courtyard her eyes widened when she saw it was already a packed with people signing up for clubs. She could hardly decide who to go to first as she looked at all the tables in front of her. In the end she found her way to the Hogwarts Monthly table first and she saw all the old issues laid out in front of her, not to mention the notebooks. She looked to the boy seemed slightly less busy and noticed one of her roommates was signing up too. "I'd like to sign up." she said. "And a notebook would be great! You can never have enough." @Hugo Stark-West

Teddy took back the sign up sheet and read the name written down. "No worries, see you later, Daiki," he said as the boy headed off to the next stall. Placing the sign up list back on the table, Teddy noticed another boy was moving closer to the table and looked interested. Teddy greeted him with a friendly smile. "Hey! Interested in joining the Brotherhood?" he asked, his tone welcoming.

@Arthur Larson

Lucy smiled at the girl and boy who had approached. "Of course, just put your names down on the sheet and you're all set," she told them happily. "You're welcome to take a sticker or two as well if you want." Lucy didn't want the stickers to go to waste. She was also curious what the two students' artistic passions were and hoped to glean a hint by their choices.

@Ivy Cullen @Daiki Saito

Landon was glad to see the club leaders arrive promptly to set up their stalls. There were also a lot of first years that arrived soon after, and Landon was happy for this. He stood by the snacks table, popping a piece of candy into his mouth, when a young Slytherin girl approached him. "It's tough being a first year and not being able to do quidditch yet, isn't it?" he said sympathetically with a frown. He remembered feeling the same way back when he used to go to school. "The Student Defence Association is probably your best bet. Although you can't sign up for the dueling tournament just yet, it's good to get some practice in until you can." He smiled at her, hoping this was something she would consider.

@Winnie Calida

Elio laughed, "you know what? Actually let's do it, I have a lot of Divination homework to catch up on so I hope you're prepared. I also want to get a head start on my Arithmancy and Defence homework as well." He said making a list on his fingers. "I'll catch you in the Common room tonight and we can get started." He said, putting his name down for the Brotherhood before heading off to find another club to sign up for. He stepped over to the Hogwarts Monthly table and grinned, "hey guys, I would love to join, i don't have a lot of experience, but I love writing!"

@Teddy Pirrip @Miranda Dawes @Hugo Stark-West

Yuelia felt a bit awkward going to the club fair now, but she supposed it was better late than never. She crossed her arms across her chest, wrapping her robes around herself, and slowly approached the arts club stall. Marnie was nice, and she recognised the younger girl vaguely as having bought some supplies at the Apothecary. "Um...I know it is a little late to ask but...would I be able to join?" She hoped, at least, she could play around a bit with puppets. They were less dangerous than gargoyles.

@Marnie Frogg @Lucy Montague

Charlotte walked into the club fair overwhelmed. There were way too many students here all trying to jump over 6 or 7 tables. She had looked at what clubs there were and had decided a few seemed interesting, but there was one for sure she wanted to join. Lottie walked up to the arts table and noticed an older student that had just asked to sign up. She wondered if it was a newer club or maybe they had just done something really cool recently. "Can I also sign up?" she asked the girls at the table. @Lucy Montague @Marnie Frogg

Beatrice walked in with Maggie to the club fair, but they quickly separated as Maggie found something about fighting with wands. Bea wasn't interested in such things and looked at the other options. She had made a list based on feedback from older students she'd surveyed in the common room and decided on three clubs to join, all of which seemed to fit into helping her with specific goals. The Ravenclaw headed over to the Wild Patch first, and gave the older girl a smile. "Hi, I'd like to join your club, please," she said pleasantly. @Daria Bright-Root

Maggie was excited for the club fair, as every club seemed like a good idea. She gave Bea a quick wave and headed over to the SDA table once she saw it. She didn't know how to use a wand yet, but duelling sounded quite fun. And if there was a club about it, it meant it'd probably be useful in their every day life when they grew up, right? She approached the girl and looked the girl standing before her. "Do you have to know how to duel already to be in the club?" she asked, hoping that wasn't a prerequisite. @Savannah Walters

Tori put her name down, happy to be able to join a group that looked like it would be a lot of fun. She took a chocolate for good measure and then moved on to another table, it looked like a defence club of some kind. "Hey, is this a good club? Can I join?"

@Savannah Walters @Penelope Marshall

Were clubs going to be weird? Probably, but Lumos trudged in anyway. He walked immediately walked over to the table that seemed to have a lot of interest. "Hey put me down too please!" He said, a sat of Hufflepuff robes wrapped around him. "Nox Walden-Cade."

@Teddy Pirrip

Lucy smiled brightly as two more showed interest in joining. She was a little surprised that someone older was going to sign up but she decided it'd be polite not to mention it. "Sure thing, just sign your name here and you're good to go!" she told the Slytherin girl, then turned to the younger-looking girl. "And you as well. All are welcome."

@Yuelia Rossingol @Charlotte Astor Williams

Kairi was a few minutes behind, but she wouldn't let that stop her. She rushed to the fair, and with a bit of searching she foun her best friend. "Hey! I'm here, sorry," She put a hand on her hip, catching her breath. "Did I miss anything?" @Daiki Saito

Sunday couldn't recall if she'd need to sign up for the SDA every year, but she wanted to be safe. Braving the chaos that was the great hall, she slipped her way in her cute dress and kitten heels to the proper table. She waited until she saw an opening, and stepped forward with a bright smile. "I'd like to sign up, please." @Savannah Walters

Eurydice had already decided early on that she wanted to join Heta Omega. Her mum had been a member and even the club president at one point! While Eury had no illusions of grandeur that she'd manage to hold any of the positions her mum had when she was in school, she at least wanted to try. Being a Prefect or a Head Girl seemed like a lot to worry about for a first year, and she didn't really like flying enough to try and join the Quidditch team. That only left her with trying to join the club that her mum had been a member of. And so with that goal in mind, she had gone to the Club Fair and made a beeline for the Heta Omega booth. There were quite a number of people already. And even her cousin Rose had decided to join. This would certainly be interesting. "Hi, I'd like to sign up too!"

@Penelope Marshall

Amodeus was as slow as ever, but this time, he'd actually managed to find his way to the place he wanted to be in time for what he wanted to do. He hummed to himself, weaving through the crowd until he could slip behind the brotherhood table and lean in next to Teddy. "What are we doin?" He asked, looking up and smiling at the people around them that he didn't know. @Teddy Pirrip

Sayuri thought that it was a shame that they would not be allowed to duel until their second year, but she supposed they didn't know enough spells that would be useful in a duel at this point. Hopefully, it would still help in studying DADA. She shrugged as she signed her name on the form. "Arigato." She was sure that the older student would have mentioned if there was anything else aside from signing, but since they had not Sayuri turned to leave. The booth was already getting crowded.

@Savannah Walters

Vikram intended to sign up for a few of the clubs, to stay involved in everything. He'd wandered the hall a bit, considering all his options, before circling back to the SDA table. Seeing a few others around it, he stood back, hands folded behind his back as he patiently waited for the table to clear. @Savannah Walters

William quickly signed his name on the sign up sheet for the brotherhood and nodded at the leader. "Thanks I'll see you at the first meeting," But he wasn't done yet, there was one more club that had caught his eye when he had been looking around so he sought out their leader. He found the leader of the student defence association and headed over to her. "This is the club for duelling and stuff right?"

@Teddy Pirrip @Savannah Walters

Winnie raised an eye at the professor's tone. She hadn't said that because she wanted to play quidditch and couldn't, she didn't want to play quidditch, but did want a sport. "Duelling isn't really a sport," she said. "Not like, you know, hockey is," she said, keeping her tone polite. 'Thanks professor, that was a useful conversation," she said, a little less politely than she would've otherwise tried. She knew from this, that she was going to just have to do it herself. So she turned and began walking away.
@Professor Landon Carter

Savannah was a little tired already, but another first year approached. "No you don't," she said. "As a first year, you'll learn how to duel with the club" Savannah tried to keep her tone polite. @Magdalene Grey Another girl approached and Savannah tried her best to not roll her eyes, as if she'd say anything but yes. "Yes, and yes, sign here," she said, handing the girl a form to sign. @Victoria de Lacey . The next girl was a little older than the others so far. Savannah was almost sure the girl had already signed up but she just passed her another sign up sheet. @Sunday Weeks She spotted a boy off to the side. "Please come sign up if you want," she tried to encourage him @Vikram Bakshi. The last boy to approach seemed more confident. "yes, it is, although first years do not get to duel," @William Potter-Cade

Daiki smiled at the girl who signed him up and put his name down. He took a sticker too while he was at it. He then turned to Kairi and smiled. "Not much, I signed up for the brotherhood and for arts." he said. "Anything take your fancy?"
@Kairi Kennedy

William was disappointed to hear that first years could duel but he signed his name anyway, he wouldn't be a first year forever after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back