Open Y47 Club Fair

Before Ten had a chance to speak to the older girl properly, another one piped up from behind her. Ten peered over her shoulder, confused. “Why would I leave when I’m trying to help her?” she asked the girl, ignoring the prefect badge pinned to her clothes. Gosh Slytherins loved to stick their noses in where they didn’t belong, “Mind your own business nosy parker,” she added, swatting the older girl on the nose for good measure. “As I was saying, you already know how to control the crowd, because it’s in your blood,” Ten continued with a kind smile, trying to stand up straight with her shoulders back to show her how it was done.
@Yuelia Rossingol @Daria Bright-Root

Kairi's eyes lit up at his words and she nodded, squeezing his hand and starting towards the Wild Patch stall. "I did! Let's go look," She offered, sticking close so they weren't pushed around by the crowd. "Do you think you'd like it?" She asked, deciding already that she wouldn't join if he didn't. @Daiki Saito

Penelope smiled at the next young girl that signed up. She nodded as she said she also wanted to sign up. "You can write your name here, and take a chocolate!" She said with a kind smile. (@Eurydice Nightray) As the next girl approached, she said the same thing. "Of course! Feel free to add your name to the list and take a chocolate." She said, hoping she had brought enough of them. (@Rhea Moss) Penelope kept her smile in place as another first year asked to join, soon followed by another one. "Yes, you can sign up. You can add your name to the list over there. Feel free to get a chocolate too." She said happily. (@Kanako Kurosawa @Sybil St. James )

Ruth was a bit slow in getting to the club fair, not that she'd been in any great hurry. She was in two minds about the clubs. On one hand, they seemed like a good way to meet people. On the other, they also seemed like extra work she wasn't exactly thrilled to have to do. Regardless, she was interested to join at least one, preferably one where she didn't have to do too much. Heta Omega seemed like a good option, she could meet cool girls to hang out with and not have to do anything like perform or write or grow plants. She walked up to the older girl who looked kind of busy and gave her a big grin. "Oh hi! Sorry, I sooo hope I'm not too late to sign up too?"

@Penelope Marshall

Daria already felt as though she were fighting for her life in the crush and swarm of faces and voices, and it took a moment to even register what was actually being said to her. She blinked at the younger girl in disbelief, fighting against the instinctual tears that began to threaten her eyes. She hadn't changed, not really. Still the same small, insignificant crybaby nobody liked. She had thought being a seventh year would change how she felt somehow, but apparently even little kids could still see it in her. Her head had dropped in shame when she heard a familiar voice, looking up in surprise to see Yuelia. She had always been far too intimidated to speak to the Slytherin, but now here she was. Something about her presence made the younger girl feel so small, and Daria feel just a little bigger. "I'm sorry." She said, voice wobbling slightly, but her eyes didn't let a single tear fall. "We don't take people with attitudes like yours in my club. Feel free to find another group to join this year." She said, withdrawing the signup sheet and catching Yuelia's eye for a second in gratitude.
@Ten Layton-King @Yuelia Rossingol

Arthur felt a little put out by the boy passing him to someone else. But he just nodded. "I'm Arthur," he said. "I'd like to sign up then...," he said nervously. Looking between the two boys though his focus did linger on Deus.
@Amodeus Jones

Penelope smiled as yet another girl stopped by, she was glad they had so many people sign up today. "Hey, of course you're not too late. There's even chocolates left." She said with a smile. "Feel free to sign up here."

@Ruth Thorne

Sybil smiled at the older girl and wrote her name down on the list. So far this had been easy. Two clubs seemed like a lot but she figured she could fit one more in. The yearbook seemed interesting but it didn't seem very engaging. Eventually her eyes landed on the SDA and remembered the dueling trophies she had seen earlier. Quickly she mad her way over to the older girl and looked for the sign up list. "I just have to sign my name right?" she asked, figuring it was the same for every club but it never hurt to ask. @Savannah Walters

Rhea looked at the paper on the table and tried to find her sister's name on it, but she couldn't see it, then she was a little startled to hear a girl's voice, which was obviously the leader. She looked up and smiled at the girl. Rhea took a quill and wrote her name on the paper, then took the chocolate. ''When is the first meeting of Het Omega?'' she asked, placing the quill on the table.
@Penelope Marshall

After spending a few minutes at Het Omega's table, Rhea made her way over. It was The Wild Patch, as Rhea thought it could be an interesting activity. So she decided to ask who was behind their club. ''Hello, what does your club do?'' she asked, putting the chocolate in her jacket pocket to eat later.
@Daria Bright-Root

Kanako declined the offer for the chocolate, but signed her name on the sheet. She really didn't have faith the chocolates were any good.
@Penelope Marshall

Moving on, Kanako made her way to the Conglomerated Arts Club stand. She eyed the stickers suspiciously, looking through them for any instance of a taiko drum. She found western drum sets, but not genuine Japanese taiko. Kanako huffed. Typical. She turned to the girl at the stall and said with her fakest smile, "Hi, I'd like to sign up."
@Lucy Montague

Daria was so focused on the girl who had been insulting her that she had almost managed to forget the throng of people around her. She was surprised when another younger student got in the middle of the confrontation, but it was a relief to be able to focus on something else for a moment. "We-we're a gardening club." She said, quietly hating herself for the wobble in her voice. "We um, we grow plants and learn about nature."
@Rhea Moss

Amodeus smiled and offered out the pen and sign up sheet to the boy. "Great! We'd love to have you." He was clueless to anything else, just smiling at the younger kid. "You're a first year?" He asked, trying to think of things to say to first years.

@Arthur Larson

Marnie was so late. Once second she'd been picking out pictures to take with her down to help set up the club fair, the next she'd somehow completely lost track of time. Rushing into the courtyard, Marnie had never been more grateful for having Lucy as her co-lead, thrilled to see the booth already up and running and with names written down. She dropped the box of still unsorted photos on the tabletop with a shrug and grinned at Lucy.

"Oh my gosh thank you for getting everything set up I swear I'd lose my head if it wasn't screwed on I got sooo distracted oh wow it's busy this year that's exciting," she said in a rush, surveying the rest of the fair and waving enthusiastically to Penny and Daria at their own booths. The wave faltered when she saw some sort of... something happening at the Wild Patch booth, not liking the look on Daria's face at all or the way the Gryffindor girl seemed to have flicked Yuelia's nose? "You good, Daria?" She called, letting her voice carry in the way she was especially good at. They were all 7th years dealing with a younger girl but Marnie couldn't help but relish the idea of maybe getting to throw her newly minted Head Girl weight about if they needed back up, even if it just meant getting Professor Carter's attention.
@Lucy Montague @Daria Bright-Root @Yuelia Rossingol @Ten Layton-King

"Awesome!" Eurydice said as she put her name down on the sign-up sheet and grabbed chocolate afterward, looking at the growing number of people. "Want some help?" she wondered why it was only one person in the club booth when there were supposed to be other members of the club. Well, now that she's signed up maybe she could help the older girl if none of the other members were going to help.

@Penelope Marshall

Elio grabbed a notebook from the pile and wrote his name on the list before leaving the hall, being signed up for the student defence association, the brotherhood snd for the monthly seemed like enough, right?

"NO really, I'm Nox and he's Lumos, you can even ask our Dad, Professor Cade." he said, tugging on the Hufflepuff tie around his neck. "Born that way, been called Nox and Lumos our whole lives. He's the light in my life!" Lumos joked punching his brother lightly on the shoulder. "We'd like to sign up, you sound like you have the coolest club!" A club just for the boys sounded just like what they needed! He headed over to the SDA with the Ravenclaw girl and put his name down for that too, though this he signed as Lumos

@Teddy Pirrip @Nox Walden-Cade @Savannah Walters

Elijah nodded at the girl, but sighed when he noted his sister. He supposed of all his siblings, other that Yuri, Hina would have been the one he would rather have with him. He reached out and took her hand in his gently before putting his name down and then turning to head for the student defence table to add his name to that too.

@Daria Bright-Root @Savannah Walters

Ten was completely baffled. She looked between the girls, confusion etched on her face as her name was removed from the Wild Patch list. Clearly, it had gone over their heads that Ten had been trying to compliment the older girl, that Daria already had the confidence deep down because she was a royal, that she just needed to find it. As the Head Girl also joined the group, Ten debated for a moment whether or not to say anything, but realised it wasn't worth it. She wasn't going to fight a seventh-year who thought she owned the club, when in reality it was them who would need her more than she needed them. She'd been looking after plants for years, before she'd even come to Hogwarts. If this girl thought that Ten trying to help was somewhat of a hindrance then she'd find her own, better way to do what she wanted to do. Utterly confused, Ten turned on her heel without saying a word, and the fourth year went off to hatch a new plan, one that would actually be of real use to the people around her. Ten didn't need a badge to be able to make a difference.

Lyra had no clue that Hogwarts had clubs. The amount of people overwhelmed her and she decided to write her name on two club sheets and hoped that the first meetings would have less people. She wrote her name on the Wild Patch Club sheet and also on the Heta Omega one.
@Daria Bright-Root @Penelope Marshall

Penelope was surprised by the offer of help and smiled at the girl, it was sweet of her to offer. She thought she was a Hufflepuff, which made sense. "Thanks, but I can handle it, enjoy the rest of the fair." She said kindly, nodding as another girl signed up.

@Eurydice Nightray @Lyra Gates

Savannah glanced at the next student who approached her and gave a little nod. "Yes," she said. "That's all," and passed one of the sign up sheets to her. Another boy just signed it and left, and then another one too. That was much easier to deal with.
@Sybil St. James

Daiki looked at the wild patch stall, and could tell immediately that this was something which Kairi would like but wasn't really for him, that she wouldn't join if he didn't. "Looks like it'll be fun," he said with a smile, "We'd like to sign up," he said to the leader of the club.
@Daria Bright-Root @Kairi Kennedy

Maggie was glad she didn't need any dueling experience and jotted her name down. She knew the fair was nearing an end and decided to quickly sneak her name on the papers for the Conglomerated Arts Club and the school newspaper before making her way over to the last group she hoped to join. Her mother had been apart of a sorority, and while Maggie was sure sororities that included eleven-year-olds would be slightly different, she wanted to be apart of it. "Hi, I'd like to sign up. Or do you have like a process for people to join?" she asked curiously. @Penelope Marshall

@Marnie Frogg @Miranda Dawes

Bea empathized with the older girl as more and more students joined her, quickly being the first to write her name on the paper. She looked around for a moment, making her way over to the Hogwarts Monthly table before looking over at the Heta Omega table, where she saw Maggie. She had hoped that they would join different clubs, but she looked down and saw her sister's name barely legible on the paper for the newspaper. Grimacing, she gave the older girls a smile at the table, writing down her name, before dashing over to the Heta Omega table. "I'd also like to join," she said with a grin, looking at Maggie. Maybe they could both use some different friends. @Penelope Marshall

@Miranda Dawes

Charlotte wrote down her full name with a smile before looking around at the other tables. She didn't feel like writing was a strong suit for her, and she wasn't a particularly violent person, which meant the duelling club was out for now. She noticed a very pretty table and walked up to it, not quite sure what they did, but feeling kind of welcomed by it. However, there was a lot going on around the table, and Lottie gave the older girl a smile as she heard her say they were a gardening club. Charlotte loved spending time outdoors, and that seemed perfect for her. "I'm going to put my name down if that's okay," she said kindly to the girl. @Daria Bright-Root

Users who are viewing this thread

Back