Open Y42 End of Year Feast

This was it. Her last night at Hogwarts. Harper still couldn't believe the moment had come, and her gaze roamed the Great Hall as she tried to commit every last detail to memory. From the floating candles to the stars overhead, she wanted to remember everything. Who knew when she would visit Hogwarts again? She didn't have any younger siblings here or plans to become a professor. There was a good chance that this castle, which had been her home for the last seven years, would soon become just a memory.

Harper had listened to so many end-of-year speeches that she could probably give one herself, but she made sure to pay attention to every word of Professor Alcott-Ward's address. It was unfortunate that Gryffindor hadn't won this year, but at least she'd gotten to celebrate four house cups over the course of her seven years. She clapped for Aine, proud of the Hufflepuff, and cheered even louder when Em won top points for Gryffindor. It was a little wild that Em and her sister had ended the year within a point of each other, and she hoped her friend wasn't disappointed.

The food appeared, and Harper dug in, content to just the let the atmosphere wash over her. She fought back a grin as she heard a couple of the younger students arguing about Slytherin. At least they still had a couple more years ahead of them to try and get the cup back. Harper was about to chime in when she caught sight of Isadora. The girl had her eyes squeezed shut, clearly distraught over something much bigger than Slytherin winning the cup. Harper silently conjured a box of tissues and discreetly levitated it over to Isadora's lap. "Want to talk about it?" she asked quietly.

@Isadora Novak

Felix was full of conflicting emotions. He was excited to go home and see his dad and sister which felt familiar. But he couldn't shake the sadness that he felt deep in the pit of his stomach knowing he would travel back with his brother but never come back to Hogwarts with him again. At least he would have Thistle next year, and he would have Molly. He took a seat next to his girlfriend and squeezed her hand. @Molly Burke

He only half listened to the headmaster and frowned when Slytherin won the house cup again. Felix still felt disappointed about how the quidditch season went and he vowed to practice as much as he could over the break. The top point earners were announced next and he felt his eyes go wide as the number of points seemed completely impossible. But just like that, it was over and it was time for the feast to really begin. He was still sad but he still piled his plate high knowing he'd regret it later otherwise.

Margo felt sick to her stomach and had been ever since Isadora told them she wouldn't be returning next year. She barely remembered taking her exams or getting through the last few days of the semester. She had wanted to enjoy what little time she had with her friend before everything changed but it just hurt too much. She wanted to go home. She wanted to curl up on the couch next to her grandmother and forget about the rest of the world. She knew she would have to face it eventually and learn how to exist without the found family she had made for herself. But for now she wanted to wallow, just for a little bit. Margo had wanted to learn how to be independent and figure out her own path but not like this. She didn't want this. She stared straight ahead at her empty plate as the headmaster gave his final speech for the year. She usually enjoyed it but she found it hard to enjoy anything right now. Even when the feast began she only picked at some of the food and just wanted it all to be over with.

Ethan sighed as he took his seat at the Ravenclaw table as the end of year feast was just about to begin. He was looking forward to getting some time away form classes and spending some time at Eeylop's and the mall like usual. Maybe he could convince Ernie he was old enough to be left home alone? But he doubted that. Despite having no actual relation to his guardian he was rather protective. Sometimes it was nice but mostly it was annoying. Last year he had hoped to hear from his mom and that she would tell him his time in New Zealand was over and he could go home to her. But he knew better than to expect anything like that. Besides she had told him he would have to be at Hogwarts for a while but she had promise to reconsider before he had to start his exam year. It felt like forever from now even though he knew it wasn't. Ethan stared up at the enchanted ceiling instead of listening to the headmaster talk. It probably wasn't all that important anyways.

Abigail nodded and smiled, like the plan. "Yeah, sounds good!" Abby says with a small smile. She hadn't really spent time with her friends during breaks or anything, so she was pleased either way. Abby got back to her food, content. She looked around the table when she noticed Isadora nearby, She noticed how unusually quiet Isadors had been. Abby frowned a little with concern when she noticed tears coming down the girl's face. "Hey, Isadora, are you okay?" Abby asked her roommate softly with concern, hoping that Isadora could hear her through her soft voice, as she hoped she wasn't bringing too much attention.

@Rosie Archer @Isadora Novak

Ezra was a bit surprised by Gregory’s answer. He had imagined maybe he had a little brother or something, but siblings that were so much older were more difficult to imagine. He grinned. “Cool, so you’re an uncle.” He said. “That’s pretty neat. Did your sisters go to Hogwarts too?” He asked curiously.

@Gregory Friend

Molly was glad that Felix was beside her. It was nice. She squeezed his hand back, blushing a little at the touch. Finally, the food had arrived, as throughout the announcement her stomach had been rumbling. The Hufflepuff girl got into her food almost immediately, as she had been starving. After taking a few bites of her food, she turned to her boyfriend. "You got any fun plans coming up for the break?" Molly says with a smile, as she nudges her boyfriend playfully a little.

@Felix Carnahan

Gregory nodded at the question before shaking his head. "I'm adopted, they're muggles," he said to him. He didn't think Ezra would mind that he was muggleborn or least likely to be muggleborn. He didn't think the other boy would mind, but also, it didn't entirely matter, because he'd be leaving the school anyway. It was what he was looking forward to.
@Ezra Ito

Looking out at the hall, once again dressed in fetching green, Angel didn't bother supressing the smug smile on his face for yet another year, leaning back satisfied in his chair as Matt made his usual end of year announcements. He made sure to clap a little extra loudly for the Hopkins-Vance sisters, not doubting River was a big contributor to yet another Slytherin victory for the year. Leaning back in his chair, Angel did his best to try and catch the other heads of house's eye, raising his goblet to each of them in toast and smiling smugly once more into the rim as he took a long drink. He couldn't take credit for how well Slytherin had been doing the past few years, as he would impress on anyone who asked, but he was still very pleased to have both cups sitting in Slytherin possession for another year.

Isadora was just considering abandoning the feast and walking out when she felt something nudge against her. She opened her eyes to see a levitating box of tissues, and she looked up to see Harper. How she wished she had a big sister like that, instead of one who ignored her. She shook her head as she grabbed a tissue, dabbing at her eyes angrily. “Thank you.” She whispered, her voice wobbly. To her horror, it seemed like more people around her were noticing something was wrong. Why couldn’t she pull herself together? “I-” She swallowed, realizing she couldn’t exactly say yes with the tears still dripping into her food. “No.” She admitted. She wasn’t sure if she could elaborate without crying harder, so she just angrily wiped at her tears instead and tried to focus on her breathing.

@Abigail Payne @Harper Alston

Natalia kind of wished she hadn’t brought up the whole Isadora situation with Liusaidh. She was curious about her thoughts and insight, but the way she spoke about changing their minds as if there was anything to be done only made Natalia feel more guilty. She had told herself she had done the right thing, not trying to change her parent’s minds. It wasn’t like she could have, she would have only made things worse. She shook her head. “They don’t change their minds.” She said firmly. “Isadora just has to deal with it. Maybe it’s a good thing for her.” But even she could hear she wasn’t convinced in the slightest.

@Liusaidh Fergusson

Salem hummed dubiously, not sure she bought it. Indi was clever, but she didn’t think the Slytherins she knew were that sneaky. “If they’re smart enough to do that maybe they’re smart enough to get the points,” she said with a shrug. Winning was fun, but Salem didn’t really care that much about earning points, though she smiled when Elara joined, nodding at her friend. “If only we could beat them at Quidditch, I’ll be happy,” she said with a sigh, though the matches had been a bit more exciting this year at least. "That'll be your job right?" She added to Elara with a grin, excited that her friend would finally hopefully be the team starting seeker soon. @Elara Chatelain @Louis Alcott

Harper couldn't say she knew Isadora that well, but she could confidently say she'd never seen the girl this upset before, and she was growing extremely concerned. Thankfully, most of the students nearby seemed to be preoccupied with their own conversations, but a younger Gryffindor had also taken notice. Harper glanced at the girl, hoping this was one of Isadora's friends. "Do you want to go somewhere more private?" she asked quietly, figuring that sticking to questions that Isadora could answer with a shake of her head might be easiest. It was pretty clear Isadora was trying not to cry, and Harper wished she could shield her somehow. But she couldn't think of any useful spells except for perhaps muffliato. "I could also get someone if you want," she offered in case Isadora wanted to talk to someone she knew better. "A friend maybe? Or your sister?"

@Isadora Novak @Abigail Payne

Ezra nodded at Gregory’s explanation, making sense of it in his head as he explained. “Oh, okay.” He said, vaguely interested purely because Gregory’s interest seemed so different than his own. “They must think this is all wild.” He told him, gesturing around them. “You must write entire books trying to describe it to them by owl.”

@Gregory Friend

Louis looked up and grinned as Elara joined the conversation. She had the right idea, and he couldn’t help nodding in agreement. He then nodded along with Salem as well, until she said Elara would be winning the cup for them. He frowned. “Hey. Seekers are important, but it’s not just her doing all the work.” He said, scowling a bit. Sometimes he wished he played seeker and got all the glory, though he simply enjoyed chaser more.

@Salem Lee @Elara Chatelain

Marnie took a deep gulp of air at Penelope’s instruction, holding it for a moment before letting it out with a loud bluster. “Well I hope I like, we have all the same classes right, it’ll be fun to be in the same classes with everyone now though we’ve always been in the same classes but still doesn’t it feel grown up getting to go do the other subjects too now though maybe not Arithmancy that’s a bit too grown up for me I swear I’m allergic to numbers honest I tried to count out my change from Brightstone the other week and I swear I got all itchy just thinking about how many sickles to a galleon but Divination should definitely be easier than that and I guess I do like tea you’re right it’ll probably be fine,” Marnie said, mood brightening as she spoke more to Penelope, chewing her dinner happily, grateful to have her friend nearby for moments like these. @Penelope Marshall

Penelope said nothing when Marnie talked about classes, she had looked at what Marnie had picked, but wasn’t entirely sure they would be in all the same classes. She laughed as Marnie went on about Arithmancy, watching her in amusement. Her friend was very funny. “I think you can do more than you think.” She said quietly. She was sure Marnie would be excellent at all her classes. “Once you’re excellent at divination you can tell me my future.” She said with a sight smile.

@Marnie Frogg

Delilah shook her head and slapped away Sawyer’s hand playfully. “It was a hypothetical question.” she said dryly but grinned at him a moment later. She smiled at his sister that was sitting next him and she wondered if Caleb would even notice she was gone next year. But she couldn’t watch over him forever and he would have to figure it out, not that he had ever listened to her to begin with. She gave Sawyer a sympathetic look. ”Very weird.” she agreed. “But we have to leave sometime I guess. Unless we get trapped in a loop repeating our final year forever.” she teased lightly, trying to keep the mood light. @Sawyer Carnahan

Despite the pile of food on his plate Felix still didn’t feel much like eating and he pushed his food around. But he smiled as Molly nudged him playfully. “Not really.” he shrugged. Most of the time his breaks were spent driving his family crazy to make up for all the time he was away. “Probably going to try and bother Sawyer as much as I can since I won’t be able to next year.” he said with a small laugh even though he was sad at the thought. “Might try and find a job.” he shrugged. He was nearly old enough for one now and it didn’t sound like a bad idea either. "What about you?" @Molly Burke

Cameron didn't bother to hide his bad mood as the end of year feast began, freely glaring at the decorations, the plates, and any students of housemates who got in his line of vision. He couldn't believe Isadora was just doing to roll over and let her parents send her away like that. That there was a chance he'd never get to see or talk to her again except by bloody owl. He frowned even more, only distracted somewhat from his attempt to spot Isadora at the Gryffindor table when he heard Professor Alcott-Ward announcing the tops points and scoffing loudly when he heard Aine's name. Of course she'd get top points, it wasn't like she had any friends or anything better to do than to suck up in class all the time. He hoped he could find her on the train to tell as much. Really the feast couldn't get any worse, Cameron thought fiercely, dropping his cheek to rest on a closed fist, appetite all but gone as the feast started in earnest around him.

Elara agreed whole heartedly that Gryffindor needed to win next year. It only seemed fair, but she did feel her chest tighten at Salem's comment. She was a little worried about actually making the team as first string. It felt especially weird since her boyfriend was captain, but at the same time, she had more than put in her dues. "Louis is right. You all are really what keeps the game watchable. Seekers just float on the broom until they see gold," she added. She didn't know most other sports with people who just kind of... did nothing most of the game. @Louis Alcott @Salem Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back