Open Y42 End of Year Feast

Louis had basically been talking to himself, so he was a bit surprised when he heard an older student comment on what he had said. He knew Salem only vaguely and shrugged at her words. “Slytherin is the sneaky house, they’re basically supposed to cheat. It’s their whole thing.” He said, trying not to think of Caleb and feel guilty. “I bet they’re manipulating it somehow.”

@Salem Lee

Ezra grinned at his friend, glad to have someone to talk to at an event like this. He really should talk to Gregory more often, he was very nice. "Planning anything fun?" He asked, curious about the other boy's break. "'I"m looking forward to it too, can't wait to tell my sister all about Hogwarts." He admitted.

@Gregory Friend

Elara was putting out all the positive energy for a good final year at school. She wanted to make this one count, and seeing as she didn't have too many classes to take, the Gryffindor would have to fill it with something. Sitting near some of her friends, she listened to the headmaster absentmindedly as she jotted down ideas for Heta events next year. It wasn't until Louis and Salem started talking nearby that she paid attention. "Well, we'll just have to work harder to kick their butts next year, won't we?" she added with a grin before going back to her notebook. @Salem Lee @Louis Alcott

It didn't take long before a younger Ravenclaw raised their hand, and Weston immediately honed in on him, eyes lit up in excitement. He couldn't really recall seeing the boy before, and he wondered if Monday was a transfer since he definitely would have remembered a name like that at the sorting ceremony. "You're Monday?" he asked eagerly. "Is that like actually your name? Or is it a nickname? Is Monday your favourite day of the week then? Do you get offended when people say they hate Mondays?" Weston had a million other questions but realised that he should probably give the boy a chance to answer before bombarding him with more questions.

@Monday Weeks

Monday blinked several times as he was bombarded with questions, as if the older boy had word vomit. There was no way he could possibly come up with a nickname like that. Who would? He worked on answering one at a time. "It is my actual name. Once I get a driver's ID I'll prove it. I don't have a favorite day of the week. And no, because it is natural for people to dislike going back to a stressful job after having the weekend off." Monday thought over any other questions that the boy might have, but honestly, it was hard to guess what was going through people's heads nowadays. As long as he didn't try to bring up his siblings that is. Monday was highly protective over them.

@Weston Stirling

Dorian was more than ready for the year to be over. He'd enjoyed his classes well enough, would have enjoyed them more arguably without his classmates, and now he just had to sit through one more feast and then he could go back to reading his own books in his own room and only having to hang out with people he wanted to.

Dorian hunched his shoulder as the headmaster read out the list of top points winners, frowning at the noise of the applause, relieved when it subsided as the feast began and the hum of conversation took its place. Some older students were having some ridiculous conversation about the days of the week or something nearby and Dorian tried to avoid scowling at them too obviously as he made himself eat, counting down the minutes until he could be back on the train home.

Despite her misgivings about joining the paper when someone like Emery was also on there, Marnie had enjoyed it immensely, even if her notes from the school events were an absolute mess to try work an article out of. And next year there was even more to look forward to with their new classes started.

Marnie was a bundle of excitement as she squeezed herself into a spot by Penelope, giving her best friend a beaming smile as the headmaster went through his end of year announces. "Wow 1200 points, that's insane how do you even get that many points like how many homework assignments do you think she did I can barely finish one how does she find time to eat, can you imagine, Pen?" Marnie said, chatting happily now the feast had started. "Oh Merlin I hope that's not going to be a problem next year I'm so excited for new classes but what if there's a bunch of homework do you think Divination would be hard like surely you could just like, divine all the answers and it should be easy right someone told me it's just drinking tea for a whole semester so I signed up for it I didn't think it might require extra essays too Pen promise you'll help me right?" Marnie said in a rush, swallowing apologetically when she nearly spat mashed potatoes on someone as she spoke. @Penelope Marshall

Delilah felt in a daze as she arrived to the great hall for the final time. She had wanted to take in every moment and feel like she was truly appreciating her time here. Even if it was a little late for that. In all honesty the harder she tried to stay present the farther she felt from it all. She took her seat and took an even deeper breath. She noticed Sawyer sitting across from her and nudge him with her foot. "Hey, if I asked you to pinch me would you?" she asked jokingly but she did think the shock of it might do her some actual good. @Sawyer Carnahan

At least the headmaster's speech gave her something to focus on as the house cup was awarded and the top point earners were announced. Delilah had genuinely tried in her lessons and thought she had tried her best, yet she had never even come close to earning those kinds of numbers. It was a realization she had almost every year and each time it stung a little. But there was a sense of relief knowing that that part of her life. She was done measuring herself against others and she could simply...be. As the feast began in earnest she finally relaxed enough to enjoy the food she was definatly going to miss.

Leah could hardly believe she was already done with her first year at Hogwarts. It was going way too fast and was already excited to come back in a few months. She would miss her friends and roommates and knew traveling back and forth between her parents was going to be exhausting. Not to mention dealing with her mother's reaction to her hair. She ran her fingers though the tips of her new cropped hair cut and felt a nervous knot form in the pit of her stomach. She loved it and she just hoped it wouldn't cause too much of an issue. At least her father would probably be on her side. He was the one who was always willing to have a bit more freedom. Her mind was so busy with worry she didn't do a very good job at paying attention to what the headmaster was saying. Leah wasn't surprised when Slytherin won the house cup. They had already won the quidditch cup so it almost felt inevitable even though she was itching to help Gryffindor knock them off their supposed winning streak. Next the top point earners were announced and she nearly choked on her pumpkin juice. Had they all really earned that many points? Leah had been feeling a lot better about her grades during the second semester but she hadn't come close to those kinds of numbers. Maybe one day she'd be one of them? That would definitely call for some bragging. But for now she had to be happy with her E's and she was immediately distracted as the food was finally served and she eagerly started to fill her plate.

Penelope was feeling a little sad about the year ending. The feast was fun, though, and she tried to focus on that. She was quietly impressed by the points some of the other students had earned, feeling a little guilty as she was reminded of her own less-than-stellar grades this year. She smiled as Marnie started to speak, letting her ramble on as she put some food on her plate. She listened, glancing her way a few times. She loved her best friend, but it was really hard to get a word in sometimes. “Marnie.” She said after a moment. “Breathe.” She then considered her words for a moment. “I do think we’ll get more homework with our new classes, but if you like the subject it won’t be that bad.” She mused.

@Marnie Frogg

Abby smiled and nodded as Rosie explained what her plans were during the break. "Nice! I'm sure Xinyi would be happy to see you during the break." Abby softly with a small smile. She knew how much the girl missed Xinyi. Her eyes lit up at Rosie's suggestions. "I'd like that. That would be fun" Abby says with a small smile. She didn't usually hang out with her school friends during the break, so she thought that it would be nice to do so.

@Rosie Archer

Rosie smiled excitedly at Abby, thinking it could be super fun. She was almost tempted to suggest a sleepover, but then realized they did share a dorm already, so they had had a number of sleepovers, even if they hadn't technically called it that. ”Yeah! It'll be fun, you can come round to ours,” Rosie suggested, motioning towards her sister as she said it. She didn't have any other plans so this would be nice to add to them. ”I'll owl you and you can let me know?”
@Abigail Payne

Gregory shrugged, "I dunno, maybe play some games and spend time with my parents," he didn't know if his parents had any specific plans with the time, they were retired so they might have plans or maybe not. "When is your sister joining the school?" he asked, though he was pretty sure he wouldn't be around to meet the girl if he had his way.
@Ezra Ito

All in all, Raafe’s first year had gone pretty well. At the very least he’d managed to get into the same house as Anisha, which was all that really mattered, and his roommate was good company. Things could have easily turned out a lot differently.

Raafe kept his chin tucked into his palm as the end of year announcements were made, returning Anisha’s look and raising his eyebrows as the sheer number of points were read out. “Just earn a few thousand points and we’ll have it in the bag, no big deal. We can both do it, easy,” he said with a shrug, pleased when their food appeared. “Oh I thought you were keen to sit with Indi again, really pack in spending the entire holiday with her,” he said casually, knocking his knee against Anisha’s under the table playfully.

As much as Isadora was trying to tune everything out, she couldn’t help overhearing her roommates nearby. The twins and Abigail were making plans, and it was such a nice conversation Isadora desperately would want to be a part of, that it made tears form in her eyes. There was no use in making plans for the break for her, she would probably never see her roommates again. She gripped her fork tightly and looked down at her plate, but she couldn’t stop the tears from falling onto her food. Isadora closed her eyes tightly, trying to push the tears back in. It was no use.

Liusaidh laughed lightly, nodding slightly. "Yeah, maybe, I still don't think your definition of fun is that right," she told her, still laughing slightly. "yeah, it's time for you to step up, start a new reign of terror," Liusaidh encouraged, but she was sure that Natalia wouldn't. Liusaidh would also be so disappointed to miss if Natalia decided to be a bit like her right when she was no longer at the school to see it. "Are you looking forward to going home?" she asked.
@Natalia Novak

It was weird to think this would be the last time Sawyer ever sat in this hall. Ever sat at the Ravenclaw table. He liked to think he wasn’t prone to being overly sentimental but he had to admit as he shuffled a little closer to Thistle, nudging her and wiggling his eyebrows, that he wasn’t really fooling anyone.

He glanced across at Delilah when she poked at him with her foot, giving her a wry smile. “Happy to oblige,” he said grandly, beckoning with his hand so he didn’t have to reach all the way across the table to call her bluff, not that he could blame her for the surrealness of the situation. “It’s weird, isn’t it? I keep thinking I’ll just get back on the train in a few months,” he said, trying to avoid glancing at Thistle and where ever Felix was at the Hufflepuff table, the urge to try and get his brother to break the rules and join them higher than it usually was considering it would be his last chance. He was sure his siblings would be fine, he hadn’t completely imploded without Thistle after all (though he’d come close), but he still couldn’t help feeling a bit off at the thought of being at home without them come next year. @Delilah Thorne

Ezra nodded at Gregory’s reply, his break sounded a lot like his own. It was a bit of a relief, he would have been jealous to hear Gregory had amazing plans like some far-off trip or something. Then he probably would have had to make something up for himself. “Oh, cool.” He said with a nod. At the question, he had to think for a moment. “Not next year or the one after… so uh, in three years.” He said, smiling. He couldn’t wait. “Do you have any siblings?”

@Gregory Friend

Anisha snorted at Raafe’s response, shaking her head at him. She couldn’t even imagine earning half that many points. “I think we would just be studying all day, which would be boring.” She said though she did like studying. She just liked to balance it out with other stuff, like adventuring and exploring. At Raafe’s comment about Indi, she knocked her knee against his in response. “She’d probably throw me out of the train window.” She said lightly, though she was a little sad about how clearly Indi didn’t want anything to do with her.

@Raafe Khatri

Brooke looked out across the hall as the feast went on around her, pointedly ignoring where Liusaidh and Natalia were talking nearby. She’d done it, she’d finished seven mediocre years of schooling and somehow she’d never managed to fit in once. Ivy had her ridiculous boyfriend, even Delilah got a prefect’s badge. Liusaidh’d been Quidditch captain, and Brooke didn’t think a year had gone by where Emmaline hadn’t made top points. Brooke hadn’t even managed to win more than a handful of duels and had just barely passed her classes. She hadn’t wanted to spend her last feast feeling sorry for herself, but it was a hard thing. Brooke stabbed a piece of food in front of her perhaps a little fiercely than was strictly polite, forcing herself to settle a proper smile in place as she tried to remind herself that this miserable little chapter of her life was over. She was on to bigger and better things now surely and it would all be worth it, she said, smiling tightly as she chewed, willing the words to be true.

Natalia smiled fondly at Liusaidh’s words. It was funny how they had become friends the moment Natalia had stopped trying so hard. Maybe there was a lesson there, or something. “I don’t think you have the right person for that.” She said with a small shrug. She couldn’t imagine acting even half as reckless as Liusaidh did. The older girl’s question took her off guard, and she hesitated for a moment before answering honestly. “Not especially.” She said, sighing. “Things with my sister… haven’t improved. My parents have decided to send her to Durmstrang next year.” She said, grimacing slightly at the thought. As much as she disliked Isadora sometimes, she didn’t think she deserved this.

@Liusaidh Fergusson

Gregory nodded in reply, though it really wouldn't matter. Three years. As Ezra returned the question he nodded, though Gregory's cheeks reddened slightly. "Yeah, two sisters, they're older than me, and like, one of them has a kid a little younger than me," Gregory also knew that his adoptive siblings did not like him much either. Perhaps Cassius was right about a lot of things. he wasn't really worth anything, everyone disliked him. He didn't even think to explain that he was adopted, hence him having a nephew at twelve.
@Ezra Ito

Liusaidh frowned a little, she knew the pressures of being pureblood meant listening to people like parents. Since parents were the ones who knew best, who could make the connections necessary for kids like them. But Liusaidh also knew that Natalia and her sister were purebloods in their own right and could make choices. "Is there anything that could be done to change their minds? Do you think anything would work?" Liusaidh asked. She didn't know what she might be able to do, but Liusaidh had more connections than Natalia did or at least she believed she did.
@Natalia Novak

Indi had mixed feelings about the end of the school year. On one hand she was excited to get a break form the castle. It had been her home for the majority of the past six years now and it's familiarity was starting to feel a bit suffocating. But at the same time the end of the year meant she was about to start her last and final year at Hogwarts in only a matter of months. Something that was both exciting and daunting. She knew her NEWTs were going to going to be difficult but her real life was just around the corner. A life that was free from the confines of school and from her sister entirely. She had been forced to share Hogwarts with Anisha this year and would be forced to again but once she was done with this place, she could finally have the distance and independence she wanted. Indi hardly bothered to pay attention to the headmaster as he addressed them. Slytherin had won the house cup yet again and the top point earners were all the same usual try-hards. When the food was served she filled her plate and tried to ignore everyone else as she ate and couldn't wait for the train ride home.

Caleb was bored already and he had only just sat down for the feast. It was always the same every year. Even the pride of winning the house cup did little to excite him. He knew he couldn't take much credit for the points earned except for the ones in dueling. He had never spent much time with his sister at school since he knew she would just end up fussing and taking care of him. Both things he didn't want to deal with. But now with Lila graduating he was starting to think avoiding her like the plague was a mistake. He knew he didn't need to be taken care of but her presence had always been comforting especially after the last few years they had. He didn't bother to pay attention to the rest of the announcements and hardly noticed they were over until the feast appeared in front of him. Caleb wasn't that hungry which was a first for him. He still tried to pick at some food and tried to look forward to the break. It would be a few glorious months away from school and he planned to hang out with his friends as much as he could. Slowly his mood started to improve and he added some more food to his plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back