Spam-A-Lot! Your one stop shop for spam!

I put in the potion two lessons (3 and 4), because next week will be a long week and I won't have time for replay.

How is everyone doing today? Any fun weekend plans?

I went hiking with a friend today. Either I have gotten very unfit. Because those hills. They killed me.
But it was nice to hang out with my friend again. I haven't seen him for a while.

Last edited:
I was just looking through some of my old fanfic for nostalgia purposes and found this in an authors note from 2009 🥹

So yeah, it's been awhile. I HAVE been active on Twitter, Bebo, Livejournal (Most recent update includes my reviews of HBP and Max, for people who are interested in that sort of thing.), and Facebook though, and will continue to do so, for anyone who just misses me for me. (lolbutnotreallycosthat'snotgonnahappen) And if you miss me for my writing, I'm a regular on the RP forum Hogwarts New Zealand I play Kyle Alcott (first year Hufflepuff/adorable wee gay boy), Gabriel Blume (Family member, hopefully becoming shopkeeper soon), and Maria Madison (As yet unsorted/emo and kind of a b*tch sometimes). Flick me a PM if you fancy roleplaying, I'd be happy to meet your characters - Kyle's looking for a future male crush right now, if there are any takers :)

That's such great stuff! xD ^_^

How has everyone's weekend been?

Here in the UK, the weekend was extended by a day, so it was a pretty nice weekend although the weather was pretty gray most of the time.

Ah right, you got a public holiday for the coronation, right? We hoped we'd get one in Australia because we do love a public holiday but alas, lol.

It got cold here and I spent it panicking over assignments, but at least college is nearly done, just a few more weeks to go!

Yes, we did even though last Monday was May Bank Holiday so two Mondays in a row! But I think more people would have complained if the coronation was during the May Bank holiday weekend xD

Some states here have May Day as Labor Day but our Labor Day in this state is in I think October? Purely so that there are actually holidays in the second half of the year. :lol: Each state has a separate time for King's Birthday (which is weird to say now) and ours is in June. But this state gets holidays for a horse race and a football game, so.

I'm not really sure where else to share this, but someone on Twitter made a list of 17th- and 18th-century Quaker names they found while writing their thesis, and I just wanted to share it with you all. There's some names that are wild, but there are many names that just felt very much like something wizards would name their kids.

FwRbieFWYAAS5ul

omg those are incredible. Think I've found a surname for my Peregrine now!

Who is going to be the first to make a student named Experience? Or Obedience? Or Discipline? It's always funny to me how some virtue names (Grace, Faith, Harmony, even Constance or Patience) are actually kind of nice and hold up in modern use to an extent and then there's Silence. HP canon does seem to take influence from Quaker names (as well as Roman mythology) so like...these aren't that out of place for wizard kids.

(It's why I gave Audrey the first name Prudence - fits as a weird wizard Quaker name, kind of gets used sometimes shortened to Prue, but mostly considered very old fashioned and I don't think you'd find a Prue under 30 - and I only say 30 because I went to school with one).

As opposed to Chad Kent :r

(Isn't Virgin Kent just Superman?)

(It's why I gave Audrey the first name Prudence - fits as a weird wizard Quaker name, kind of gets used sometimes shortened to Prue, but mostly considered very old fashioned and I don't think you'd find a Prue under 30 - and I only say 30 because I went to school with one).

Older names are actually coming back into style (at least, here in the US). When I see Prue, I think of the TV show Charmed.

Looking more at the list, Rebuen Rawbone sounds like something JKR would have named a student who eventually gets bitten by a werewolf.

Some aren't too bad! Some should definitely stay in the past. :r

Would definitely name a very straight laced child of hippies Peace Love.

Omg xD Hester Chester and Love Beer are my favourites

But Ermine Pricket does sound like a name I'd actually choose for a character =)) :shy:

"I am a mature adult" I say, as I laugh at the name Gey Poope. :r

Those are beautiful names! Loveday Allen and Susannah Poope are kind of cute. But hey! can I actually use this list as reference for my future characters?

How is it nearly the middle of 2023? Anyone got end of financial year celebrations planned (lol).

Hope everyone's doing well or at least staying somewhat afloat at the moment. :wub:

It's so crazy that we've over the halfway year hump!
We've got some more wildfire haze today, but it's supposed to clear up. I sure hope it does because I'm supposed to go to a family picnic tomorrow.

How's everyone else's week(end) going?

Is anyone using Threads? What do you think of it so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back