Spam-A-Lot! Your one stop shop for spam!

Anyone doing NaNoWriMo this year?

I've been logging the number of words I write every month for a little over a year at this point. I did it for the first time in November 2020 just to see how many words I could rack up with HNZ since I didn't have any novel plans. It's been really fun to see the ups and downs month to month and is sometimes good motivation since number go up = good.

Anyways. I'm hoping to have a productive month this year and who knows, I might get to 50k words on wizards alone. But probably not haha.

Maybe next year (I say, every year). I have a vague story idea but I hate it every time I write any of it down so I have to get over that hump. Plus been in the middle of my college course. It's pretty much done for the year but it left me no time to plan, lol.

I considered trying to be part of NaNoWiMo this year, but I have no idea what I would write about and I have never taken part before so don't have any previous ideas to work on, either x_x

For those who are participating/might participate, is it difficult to keep up with? I am not sure if I could handle the time constraints and word count :p

For those who are participating/might participate, is it difficult to keep up with? I am not sure if I could handle the time constraints and word count :p

For me it usually goes something like:

Day 1: OK, I wrote an average of 150 words per hour today but at least I hit the target!
Day 2: Another 13 hours of writing today to hit target, sheesh, I'm gonna have to speed up or I'll lose my mind
Day 3-5: Maybe grammar isn't important
Day 6-7: Maybe character development isn't important
Day 8-9: Maybe there doesn't even have to be a plot
Day 10: I've just had an amazing idea for a new story!
Day 11-30: HNZ replies 100% count towards the target
December 1st: Please don't ask

Buuut the nice thing about NaNo is you always win, cause even if you don't hit the end goal, you still end up having written something :D

Hello Hello All!
How has everyone been doing? I've been going through a big move recently, across the world! Sorry @Professor Cyndi Kingsley I've left you in NY

Heyy Steph!

Have fun in the UK. But what an big chance it must be for you. :hug:

Very big change, we are changing up the house we bought last summer. Finishing painting things up and having the bathroom redone by a friend. Lot's of things going on which have been keeping me busy.

To all the mamas out there, how long does it take y'all to do lessons with a toddler in the house? Because apparently it takes an hour for one lesson and I only have one paragraph made xD

So a while back I used AI to generate a story for me - this was one of my favourite lines that it produced =))

b888b5dd214ce90fe5a1ac9381db3bf7.png

I just stumbled across it again and felt like it deserved to be shared

The accuracy in that hurts. xD

Haha, AI is amazing, with that particular one you only have to write a line or two of dialogue (or story) and the AI will pick up the style and run with it. And if you have two or three characters talking to each other, it can generate full conversations between them while maintaining their individual speech patterns, it's insane

And then it spits out something like that =))

I'm so intimidated by AI, there's good aspects to it but I always fear the death of opportunity and personal creativity. :r I guess we just have to make sure we don't go too far with it.

How is everyone doing? Anyone got any fun plans for Valentine's day? (Doing something nice for yourself is totally valid and highly encouraged. Buy yourself a chocolate heart or some flowers!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back