Spam-A-Lot! Your one stop shop for spam!

Honestly, I wish they didn't make the snitch worth so many points. Maybe 50, but not 150.

But then it wouldn't be the mockery of sportsball it was meant to be. :p
Also then Harry couldn't be the superduperamazing person he had to be.
I think the Snitch should've been worth a gajillion points. Then Bulgaria/Ireland and Gryffindor/Hufflepuff in OotP would've had much better outcomes. :r

Tell that to poor Ginny & Gryffindor. :cry:

In fairness, the snitch being worth only 150 points made the quidditch world cup video game interesting.

Scoring being stupidly easy helped with that. xD

In fairness, the snitch being worth only 150 points made the quidditch world cup video game interesting.
Oh so you had to be strategic about the snitch catch in the video game?

Oh so you had to be strategic about the snitch catch in the video game?
Not sure if it counts as strategic but scoring was just easier to do and you had more time to do it, so it was just sometimes the safer route.

Not sure if it counts as strategic but scoring was just easier to do and you had more time to do it, so it was just sometimes the safer route.
Ya, the strategy was always to crush your opponent so the snitch catch didn't matter - which was often possible... especially with the team special moves.
Ravenclaw's special play gave you 30 points and in the world cup lots of teams did 20 points.

That reminds me of a super old roleplay where Kida and Kingsley were practicing sloth rolls to do during games. Now I'm hoping to see some more of the offensive/ defensive moves during a game like the bludger back beat xD

I've often thought about the Quidditch Through the Ages books and the various illegal manoeuvres defined in it... and that I imagine somebody could totally roleplay one of them without getting caught by the ref.

That'd be great to read, especially if there was a followup roleplay where they're gleeful/the other team irrate about pulling that off.

Celia did get pretty close to "blatching" last year when Felix caught the snitch :r

But I do plan on making my next Quidditch player foul all over the place

Guyz.
I just spent like 30+ min making a Streamdeck key that updates to show me how many (registered) users are online on HNZ.
It's glorious.
Screenshot%202023-08-20%20155633.png

Next automating board actions through the streamdeck. xD

I wondered the same thing; I saw a video pop up on my feed a few weeks ago, and as far as I've heard, there's still quite a few people that go, I think? Maybe it's dwindled down recently. It could be one of those things where if they can preprogram it and it's easy enough, they keep it until it just kind of fades out.

The popularity of people going there on September 1st to see that will probably pick back up once the tv show begins.

well i know that a couple of my accounts would be glad for the sign. as if my calculations are correct Alyce Brown and Leigh west were both starting at HS this week.

how has everyone's weekend been. mine was really good. I went to see evanescence. i have been wanting to see them forever. and it was a really great show (despite the rain) and Amy Lee Killed it. her vocal control is absolutely amazing.

well i know that a couple of my accounts would be glad for the sign. as if my calculations are correct Alyce Brown and Leigh west were both starting at HS this week.
I just checked my old sheet, and it would be Kamaria & Leviathan Zhefarovich's turn, as well as Damian Metzger's.

I wish I kept track of that kind of thing but aside from what gets added to the grad list, I have no idea xD

I sometimes think about what Monty would be doing at this moment in time - but then I inevitably remember I'm 2 years older than him and I don't like that =))

The site's loosely strict timeline is a benefit for it, I think - sorting can happen regularly (you're not waiting a year like some hardcore sites!!) but also not just all the time (like some very casual sites)... but the reality that this accelerates time so far beyond our current year is interesting.
What happens when we hit 2100?
We're roleplaying muggleborn characters with no idea of what context they have in the muggle world.
Fortunately, the wizarding world is pretty soundly isolated from the muggle world so it shouldn't impact too many things on a grand scale for the board but it is pretty interesting to think about.
What if muggles have a settlement on the moon/mars? What if a muggleborn witch is born there?

Yeah I always find that interesting myself, like I have Aine lamenting how outdated muggle studies is (without trying to get too much into future speculation). I try not to reference more current/modern muggle references because I feel like they'd be outdated though I will reference books or some movies. I like making up certain references but I don't want to do that too much so as to not alienate people unless I feel confident in the 'yes, and' in an RP, lol. Does give Aine motivation to try and bring the wizarding world forward while gradually finding solace in some of the good antiquated ideas. And even my wizard family characters like Audrey find inspiration and want to go to space just to see what space magic is like. (I may have a future kid who's like "it was aliens").

I think Violet would be in like...fourth year now? x_x

I am so tired! The reason I was in the emergency room was because I had bad chest pain that like...wasn't going away for a couple of hours and woke me from sleep. Turns out it was probably reflux/heartburn and I didn't have any antacids (or even milk), but I hadn't had anything like this before and couldn't just sleep it off and was advised to check anyway. Had some heart and blood tests just to be on the safe side and they didn't pick up anything so I was able to go home by about 7am. I expected my blood pressure to read high but apparently that's actually coming up normal. Feel a bit silly about the whole thing but at least it wasn't anything worse and I just ended up exhausted rather than, you know, in cardiac arrest. :lol:

For anyone who has to start paying their student loans again today... :console: I am right there with ya.

Is there a special day when everybody has to start paying their student loans in 'murica? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back