Midsummer Werewolf

The village work up the following morning expecting to find another dear friend dead. But as they counted up those who were present in the town sqaure, they realised that everybody was accounted for. They assumed that unless the dead had come walking, the wolves were playing a different game to them...

Nobody has died. It is day.

I'm glad nobody death at night. A good thing the dire wolf died. I feel like this at the moment. Have trouble with understanding this game and what is all going on. Gonna keep my eyes open.

tumblr_inline_n04upgqsTy1qbygev.gif

Phew thank goodness no one has died (yet) :r I feel like now that one wolf has died it might get easier from here.

Well this complicates things :zombie:

OK I'm still alive, which might indicate that Anna is in fact innocent. I think the wolves would predict me starting a lynching bandwagon against her and kill me off, since I was suspecting her earlier. But that's just a guess right now. Also, she never appeared yesterday to defend herself, which I feel like a wolf would want to do. She's not 100% out of my suspicions, but for now I'm not convinced.

So we have a new wolf among us now. Who would the wolves have tried to target tonight? Probably an active player? But that's difficult, because it could be ANY of us that are talking x_x I think it's reasonable to say that they wouldn't have targeted Ash, Lovi, Jamie, or Steph, or Kait, though. They're just not threatening enough to be killed. Which doesn't leave us with a whole ton of options as for who it could be xD. I think the best thing for us to do right now would be to continue following old leads and hope the seer is active and can check some of the talkative people? I don't want to sound as if I'm deferring because I'm the cursed (I'm not), but apart from the fact it's probably someone active, we have no idea who the cursed is right now and it could get messy if we just start lynching each other off, especially when the majority of the wolves are probably quiet people right now.

I'm thinking this is the case because most of the active, talkative people voted for Dan yesterday. I noticed that Kait and Clara did not, even though they chimed in. Phoebe did not vote for Dan either - but she did vote for Anna. I honestly get the feeling though that Phoebe was just convinced by Dan's guilt tripping, because she did not jump on the vote Abby bandwagon right at the start. She didn't vote for Abby (who was innocent), even though she could have helped lynch off a villager. Why would a wolf not have voted?

So with this in mind, right now I am most suspicious of Lovi (participating very, very occasionally), Kait, Clara, and Steph, who could be using her 'first game' innocence as a way to dodge suspicion. Given that (ignoring for now the cursed situation) we can almost certainly say that Jesse, KR, Kathy, Maia, and I are innocent, we have a pretty good chance of getting a wolf by going after one of these people.

Also, I quote Kathy earlier in the game:
Kathy said:
Dan, Clara, Lovi - in that order. Voted for Abby with no real opinion behind it, other than that I'd convinced them.

Clara and Lovi are looking reaaal sus to me at the moment. Clara and Lovi also both voted for Abby earlier on. So they both voted for Abby without much reason, and neither of them voted for Dan. Hhhmmmm.

Buuut this is all just my rambling thoughts and I'm happy to listen to what everyone else thinks =))

Amy Rosemary said:
Phew thank goodness no one has died (yet) :r I feel like now that one wolf has died it might get easier from here.
Nobody died because the cursed got bitten and turned into a wolf :p

(But you know that don't you Clara :glare: )

I feel like my previous post makes it pretty clear which three people I'm suspicious of right now

Professor Monty Pendleton said:
Given that (ignoring for now the cursed situation) we can almost certainly say that Jesse, KR, Kathy, Maia, and I are innocent
I looked at this to see a mess of responses damn! Still pretty sick hence the not jumping in to defend myself during the day phase.

Though I do agree that Clara and Lovi seem very suspicious at the moment, saying outright that you, Jesse, KR, Kathy, and Maia are innocent kind of makes it seem like you want to divert attention away from them and shift the focus to the people that haven't been as detailed or active in the game :glare:

Everyone just seems suspicious and I'm not really sure what to do at the moment.

Edit: Maia mentioning Claire, Kathy and KR as a possible team in her earlier post kind of cements more suspicion on them. Though I'm still not sure who to properly point a finger at since everyone's actions are more or less suspicious at this point in the game :doh:

True, but I also started the lynch Dan bandwagon, and he was a wolf xD

I say that us guys are almost certainly (note that I said ALMOST certainly, not certainly) innocent because our behaviour this game points to that as the most likely conclusion (it's not infallible, but with no facts in this game it's important to gather evidence and come to the most likely conclusion).

Kathy put 'wolf?' next to Dan's name on her table, and very early on said that she suspected Dan, which is why she is almost certainly innocent (unless Cursed). KR and Jesse were teaming up to help vote Dan off. Maia has been contributing and helped to vote Dan off.

Amy Rosemary said:
Nobody died because the cursed got bitten and turned into a wolf :p

(But you know that don't you Clara :glare: )

Honestly, no, I actually did not know :p I didn't take a look at all of the roles of the game so I didn't even know what/who someone with the cursed role does/is.
Anna said:
Though I'm still not sure who to properly point a finger at since everyone's actions are more or less suspicious at this point in the game

My point exactly :r It's not easy to point fingers at someone because sometimes, or most of the time depending on how you look at it, it doesn't go well and they turn out not to be a wolf - especially at the beginning of the game. Though of course it has to be done if we want the game to move forward. All I'm saying is, because everyone is suspicious to me is the reason why I didn't vote for Dan specifically. I also tend not to participate too much when discussing who should be voted, considering it could get me killed (I mean this could get me killed too but at this point who cares :r ) This game is messing up my brain xD

Edit: Yeah I posted this without refreshing and seeing that Claire posted first.

Amy Rosemary said:
I also tend not to participate too much when discussing who should be voted, considering it could get me killed (I mean this could get me killed too but at this point who cares :r ) This game is messing up my brain xD
But you voted for Abby along with everyone else. Why Abby but not Dan?

Edit: I'm a ninjaaaa :r

Edit two: Also why are you so afraid of participation getting you killed? ;) Yet your indifference ('at this point who cares :r ') directly contradicts that. And seems a bit too suspicious. Wouldn't you care about remaining alive if you were a villager? Sooo... to me that looks like a wolf pretending they don't care :p

(Might be reading into this too hard)

Phoebe did not vote for Dan either - but she did vote for Anna. I honestly get the feeling though that Phoebe was just convinced by Dan's guilt tripping, because she did not jump on the vote Abby bandwagon right at the start. She didn't vote for Abby (who was innocent), even though she could have helped lynch off a villager. Why would a wolf not have voted?
Somewhat confused abou how this looks but hey ho..

I did vote for Abby

EDIT: My apologies.. I thought I was Geo :mortified:

Leda Layton said:
Phoebe did not vote for Dan either - but she did vote for Anna. I honestly get the feeling though that Phoebe was just convinced by Dan's guilt tripping, because she did not jump on the vote Abby bandwagon right at the start. She didn't vote for Abby (who was innocent), even though she could have helped lynch off a villager. Why would a wolf not have voted?
Somewhat confused abou how this looks but hey ho..

I did vote for Abby

EDIT: My apologies.. I thought I was Geo :mortified:
Oh hey you're right I totally overlooked it x_x xD

But you bringing it up makes me still not suspect you too much xD

So I'm guessing if Clara is a wolf (and I'm still definitely leaning that way), Claire's follow-through on her right now means she's not the new Cursed one? I mean, she could be, of course, but I'm not feeling that right now.

Also, Anna I was a bit more uncertain about yesterday, but her questioning of myself, Claire, KR, Jesse and Maia (who until all this Cursed nonsense I had pretty much decided I could trust them as villagers) means she sounds more wolfy to me now.

I wouldn't mind hearing Anna and Kait talk more, as they're the ones I'm most uncertain of at this point.

Roommate bonding is happening because I just moved in today but I shall respond later

As you'll see, I was already suspish of Anna, and now that Dan is a wolf I remain suspish.

Additionally, those she's pointing a finger at seem to be the most innocent.

I vote to lynch Samuel Phillips.. again.

tenor.gif

Okay, so I am now conflicted, because last night, I said that I think of Phoebe, Kait and Dan as a team, so obviously my suspicions lie with those three people the most. I understand the suspicion of Clara, and I think that because people are focusing on Clara, it's possible that Phoebe is trying to sort of throw us off by voting for Anna again. Kait's silenced I think, so she can't really explain herself. I still think it's odd that Phoebe voted for Anna yesterday when it was quite clear that her vote was not going to make a difference with the amount of people stacked against her, and she was an Abby voter, so she had already voted with the mob once. This might have been a decision not to follow the popular vote, but today again she's leaning away from what people are suggesting and sort of inadvertently protecting Clara. My thoughts mightn't be entirely coherent right now, to be fair, it's 2am in Ireland, and I will check in in the morning to see if anyone's raised anything to help me change my mind, but for now, I vote to lynch Geovanna Volt.

This whole Cursed situation really changes the game. I went from being 80% sure some people were innocent and now I'm back at square one. :(
Going to be honest, I'm still not a wolf. I was kind of disappointed it wasn't me :p

Poor Kait, silenced just when she needs to defend herself again. Handy work from the spellcaster, though, very tricky!

Can we get an updated list of roles, just to have on this page?

NameRole
Professor Katherine Alicastell-
James CadeDire Wolf
Amber Chou WilsonBodyguard
Professor Sloane StarkVillager
Amy Rosemary-
Professor Monty Pendleton-
Ainsley Lynch-
Samuel Phillips-
Georgiana Night-
Professor Justin CliffetonGhost / Villager
Professor Wren Louise-
Evelyn Manning-
Lyra Potter-
Sara Moon-
Aurora Night-
Professor Kida Frost -
Rama Mowry-
Geovanna Volt-
Marisol WoodsVillager

Werewolf
Werewolf
Werewolf
Dire wolf
Cursed
Sorceress

Villager
Villager
Villager

Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager
Seer
Bodyguard
Mayor
Spellcaster
Hunter

Ghost

Thanks, Teddy.

So maybe we should consider who, strategically, the wolves would choose to join their ranks. The quieter people have eyes on them already, so probably not one of them (if they're smart).

I'd choose someone who didn't have suspicion on them thanks to the last round where Dan got lynched (Yes I know that puts suspicion on me, too). Personally though, I'd choose Claire- she started the ball rolling for killing a werewolf so suspicion isn't naturally on her and she wouldn't suddenly change her play style when becoming a werewolf and alert everyone - she is an excellent player. Claire, or someone like Claire, would be my choice for a new werewolf.

Kathy is also an excellent choice for a new werewolf. Last Werewolf game, she played with me as a werewolf (or a sorceress I can't recall which), and we wiped the floor with the villagers with her on our side. Food for thought?

Another thing to consider is that people who have a strange fixation on voting for someone who's not the popular target at the moment may know something that we don't, and are not necessarily trying to divert suspicion from someone else by doing so.

I should have said something earlier because now it's going to look like I'm just bandwagoning on your suspicion, but I did consider Claire could be the new wolf too. Her first post even says that -
OK I'm still alive, which might indicate that Anna is in fact innocent. I think the wolves would predict me starting a lynching bandwagon against her and kill me off, since I was suspecting her earlier.
But what if they did try to kill Claire, only to find out she was Cursed? Then she suggests that we follow old leads rather than pursuing the new wolf - to shift attention away from herself?

Thing is though, I agree with pursuing old leads rather than the potential new wolf. I say that because, can we even be sure that there is a new wolf? See, a tactic I would use it actually not killing someone on a day, to make people believe there is a cursed and draw attention toward who they could be, especially if theres heat on a wolf currently. I think its entirely possible that it could be just a tactic of creating discord among the people who thought they could trust each other and now no longer can. So I want to consider the fact that we could be arguing over nothing. I think its good to look at possible new wolves, but ultimately we should focus on the wolves that have already existed.

Professor Katherine Alicastell said:
Thing is though, I agree with pursuing old leads rather than the potential new wolf. I say that because, can we even be sure that there is a new wolf? See, a tactic I would use it actually not killing someone on a day, to make people believe there is a cursed and draw attention toward who they could be, especially if theres heat on a wolf currently. I think its entirely possible that it could be just a tactic of creating discord among the people who thought they could trust each other and now no longer can. So I want to consider the fact that we could be arguing over nothing. I think its good to look at possible new wolves, but ultimately we should focus on the wolves that have already existed.
Fair, but you can only go so far down that rabbit hole. Unless you're that confident in yourselves as a group (and how could you be, after one of your own was just killed?) could you afford to not act? Especially when acting gains you another ally. Sure, not doing so would create discord, but I think adding another ally to replace the one you lost would be a more valuable tactic in this early stage of the game. I don't disagree that it's a potentially useful tactic, but it's not one I think they'd use after they've just lost someone.

Still, you're right, there's only old leads to go off of. The only difference is now we can only follow our own leads and can't trust anyone else's because they might now be Cursed.

Okay, sorry for my lack of involvement I chalk it up to bad timing of the game over the weekend and each time I came on to read the comments and reply it was already night time and not supposed to talk during night.

Onward we march: (Note: this is all in the order of my reading the posts that have been made and the thoughts that I have)
[ul]
[li]I'm suspicious now of Phoebe. Dan turned out to be the dire wolf and so Kathy was right to vote for him. I think Kathy might have overthought things with getting people to vote for Abby who was a villager (as I read through the topic from where I last posted on I was originally suspicious of Kathy for pointing the finger at someone but she seemed to clear herself). But Phoebe did post the thank you gif quoting Dan's vote for Kathy.</LI>

[li]But then it leads to is Anna also a wolf? If Phoebe is a wolf she voted against Anna during the lynching, would one of their own vote against another? Or maybe Anna is the Cursed and Phoebe hadn't known? But now that Phoebe is still voting for Anna I'm not so sure about this argument.

[li]So piecing together what people think it might pair Phoebe, Kait and Clara as the werewolves. But not everyone seems to be on board with that. And the other group pairing is Claire, Jesse, KR, Kathy, and Maia because Claire said they are most certainly innocent, again of course not everyone agrees with this.

[li] Maia also mentioned Claire, Kathy and KR as a team earlier in the game. Meaning Maia could be Cursed.

[li] Claire seems convinced that Phoebe is not on the Werewolf side. What this says, I'm not sure.

[li] Lovi, myself, Kait and Clara are presumably suspicious because of our lack of involvement. Yet the only person Claire thought would be a reasonable target last night in her same post was Clara. Clara = Cursed?
[/li][/ul]

I think it's reasonable to say that they wouldn't have targeted Ash, Lovi, Jamie, or Steph, or Kait, though. They're just not threatening enough to be killed.
[ul]
[li]I think also with KR's suggestion maybe someone who has been fixated on someone knows something the rest of us don't which makes me feel unsure about who to vote for. So many roles to think about.

<LI>[li]I find that again Kathy might be a little suspicious, most days she's found it easy to point fingers at people but so far today she hasn't made up her mind. I'd be interested in knowing more about what she's thinking other than suspecting Clara and Anna. So possible she could be Cursed.
[/li][/ul]
Also this post has taken me a long time to post as how much I had to catch up on that 4 7 posts have been made while I've have this page opened. xD

I'll vote for someone today just giving my head some time to digest all the finger pointing and name calling that's happened the past few days and to follow what my gut is saying about all of you people.

Edit: I added a space between my 4 and 7 so you might see that I crossed out the 4 as I was talking about the posts today while listing out the thoughts I've had and not that there has been 47 posts xD

Edit: 2 I added my font to the second half of post but it hides the fact the 4 is crossed out so I removed it, lols

KR - You say that as if the wolves know they'd gain a new ally the next day, when its a 1 in 9(?) chance they could have done. I don't think its too unlikely. Then again, I am leaning more towards there possibly being a new wolf than not, its just an option I wanted to throw out.

I'm not suspicious of Phoebe, and I don't really get why people are so I might have missed something. (Nevermind I read Maia's post which sort of explained it) However, I don't think the "thank you" gif makes too much sense, because even I was wondering why no one had pointed the finger at Kathy by then :lol:

Where's Kathy now? I need an in-depth list of who people are suspicious of and why :r

...Rowan's still alive, right? He's not been mentioned in any of the recent posts, though I don't think we have any reason to be suspicious. Not letting you slip under the radar there but :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back