Let's learn together!

I've learned that you can hide posts, for example to only be visible for people who replied to the thread. I don't think this is very useful in regular RP, but as of now a lot of areas are open to be viewed by everyone (For example, the Hogwarts Monthly submissions) so it can be handy to use it to keep stuff like that a surprise :p

I've learned that you can hide posts, for example to only be visible for people who replied to the thread. I don't think this is very useful in regular RP, but as of now a lot of areas are open to be viewed by everyone (For example, the Hogwarts Monthly submissions) so it can be handy to use it to keep stuff like that a surprise :p
Ooh wow, yea I dont think I like that one very much. xD Also Hogwarts Monthly submissions is now closed appropriately and we are working to give people who need access to it access.

Yeah I found it but I don't think it's a very good one for an RP based forum generally xD Just wanted to figure out what it did.

Ooh wow, yea I dont think I like that one very much. xD Also Hogwarts Monthly submissions is now closed appropriately and we are working to give people who need access to it access.

Yeah as soon as Daphne told me how to hide posts, I went to go in and edit my own to hide it from outsiders :shifty: but then it said I couldn't view the forum anymore on Lennon's account xD

Yeah as soon as Daphne told me how to hide posts, I went to go in and edit my own to hide it from outsiders :shifty: but then it said I couldn't view the forum anymore on Lennon's account xD
Everyone should officially have access now.

I find the little eye to show what threads youre watching very useful because I follow most things for all my characters on my main but some more specific things on the individual accounts.

Ooh wow, yea I don't think I like that one very much. xD
The [member] tags no longer work. Setting a [hide] tag with a low post-count threshold ensures it's users that see the content and not guests. Useful for hiding pictures of ourselves we might not want Google search indexed, or internal links, etc.
As a general rule, not too useful but useful enough to keep around, I think.

I discovered since I had a question about it how to change to size of an image for example in your bio. You can crop it yourself with clicking on the image and than the left botton with change size :)

Has this been shared? You can export the site's calendar events to google calendar. Imagine, I use google calendar on my phone almost every day. I can easily save important things coming up on the site and never be late again xD

I just discovered the site will save drafts of posts for you! Yesterday I was going to reply to a thread but ran out of muse lightning fast, and today I opened it up to try again and Ainsley's name was already in the reply box (that being the only thing I had managed to write yesterday before giving up and closing the tab)

Last edited:
Can there be screen shots to these awesome hacks on the site?
I'm a little bad with directions. Hopefully, I'm not the only one. xD

This isn't necessarily a hack, but I do want to mention how awesome it is that the active topics/new posts section tells you when you've caught up!

It's real convenient to be told the point in which threads haven't been updated since I last visited, because it keeps me from getting lost and re-reading threads I've already seen before, which used to happen to me quite a bit with the old version of the site xD

I just discovered the site will save drafts of posts for you!
So, this is amazing. I just had two paragraphs of a reply written up, and like an idiot I decided to refresh my tab after changing accounts so I could get rid of a notifcation I had, and all of my post was gone, so I was like welp rip me
Then ended up swapping back to the original account and bam, its all still there :lol:

I also love the new Open/Closed topic feature when posting a new topic. It looks so neat ^_^

This isn't necessarily a hack, but I do want to mention how awesome it is that the active topics/new posts section tells you when you've caught up!

It's real convenient to be told the point in which threads haven't been updated since I last visited, because it keeps me from getting lost and re-reading threads I've already seen before, which used to happen to me quite a bit with the old version of the site xD
I think that this will only be true if every time you log in you read every post since your last log in.
If you just do a quick check-in, the marker will move and you'll only see the most recent posts.

I think that this will only be true if every time you log in you read every post since your last log in.
If you just do a quick check-in, the marker will move and you'll only see the most recent posts.
Oh true! That's a good thing to keep in mind ^_^ Thanks!

I have a few things that I think some people figured out already but it may be useful anyway.

You can look at tagged posts here: https://hogwarts.nz/tags/ which means you can see all posts tagged open here: https://hogwarts.nz/tags/open/ (Nick mentioned this elsewhere but it may be good to have in this topic)

And you can also see all unanswered topics, which I think is neat! You go Forum -> Unanswered threads (it's a lot of lessons but you can also find RPs!)

Oh true! That's a good thing to keep in mind ^_^ Thanks!
Yea this is definitely true. I log in a good amount throughout the day and that marker is more a nuisance than a help to me. Like yea I know I was just here twenty minutes ago, just need to make sure the site is still ok. :p

I discovered today that there’s an automatic censor. I tried to say s**t uncensored in a Hayley post (after Nick declared in the Discord that it was acceptable to use here), and found that the site automatically changed it to poop.

So yeah, watch out for that.

Old HNZ had a censor too. :r

Ya, Nick declared it was okay for the discord, I'm pretty sure. xD it wasn't okay on the forums before, either.

Good to know, Nick

But when I forgot to censor a swear on the old forums, I don't remember it doing anything about it automatically? Or am I just mistaken?

It would automatically include the asterisks, yes. Changing it to a new word is a new thing.

https://hogwarts.nz/find-threads/contributed

I found this today, it shows all threads you have replied to (since the new site opened) which can be very helpful in keeping track of both RP's and reminding yourself of which lessons you have already done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back