🌕 Halloween Werewolf 🐺

From the bodyguard description in the first post I don't see anything about the bodyguard being killed when they are guarding someone targeted, is that right? So I'm guessing they just picked Cyndi and got lucky?

@Ainsley Lynch pls confirm
That's correct.

it's table time

Seer
Fool
BodyguardProfessor Cyndi Kingsley
Mayor
Spellcaster
Silversmith
Hunter
Werewolf
Werewolf
Werewolf
Dire Wolf
Villager/GhostAdorah Zumwalt*
VillagerJames Cade
Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager

Okay I just want to get this out of the way: I don't think calling people out for being inactive at any point during the game is really fair because they might just be busy (whether this is a cover we can never be sure about, yes), but I really was busy with uni stuff when the game started, and have only read through it today (it is right in the middle of the semester atm so I have various assignments).

Oh no, not the bodyguard :o I'm still not seeing any patterns here. I'm quite confused about who to vote for but maybe I'll have an idea before I go to sleep. Anyone notice anything suspicious?

Aw beans.
Also re: inactivity, as far as the village is concerned, if you're inactive, you're not able to help the team, so it's really the easier way to pick until we have more solid evidence. As far as suspicions go, I haven't noticed anything yet, but I do have two thoughts.

1) Why did the wolves pick Cyndi? Was it just random chance? Did it have anything to do with her voting for Lillith/Soho? (Seems like a pretty bold move if so, but you never know)
2) Interesting that Dan got lynched, huh.

Hi, sorry about the inactivity from day 1. I was on a trip with my family (I had fun and ate crab!). Anyways i've got no idea so far on who it might be and I can't exactly comment on Cyndi voting for me on the first day. I was just inactive that day and I think she randomly chose? I've got to read back. I have a feeling that the werewolves will aim for the ones who're very active though.

edit: the last bit is what i notice from playing werewolf last year

Cyndi getting eaten because she voted for Soho is definitely not impossible. I'm pretty sure during the last game, I got eaten the night after I voted for a wolf. I noticed that she also defended Dan in her post and he turned out to be innocent, so maybe the wolves thought she had extra knowledge?

I'd be interested in hearing from the active people who chose not to vote or the people who voted without giving a reason for who they picked.

Cyndi getting eaten because she voted for Soho is definitely not impossible. I'm pretty sure during the last game, I got eaten the night after I voted for a wolf. I noticed that she also defended Dan in her post and he turned out to be innocent, so maybe the wolves thought she had extra knowledge?

That's a really good theory. We have little to no evidence on this but it is not impossible so, I'm kinda torn. It's equally possible that it was also just random. This game is harder than I thought y'all.

I feel like most, if not all, votes on the first day are random, although I can't shake the feeling that there might be a possibility Cyndi voting for Soho and then being eaten on the same night is suspicious? I haven't checked back but has anyone else voted for Soho other than Cyndi?

I haven't checked back but has anyone else voted for Soho other than Cyndi?
I just had a quick read through, and Cyndi was the only one voted for Soho.

Considering Cyndi was also right about Dan (as in, she defended him and he turned out to be innocent), and the fact that I am going to sleep soon, I'm going to go ahead and vote for Soho/Lillith for now. Not sure how much time I'll have tomorrow for the game before the night phase so voting just in case.

Well that's unfortunate.
43iv8l.jpg

Literally the level of enthusiasm I got from this comment :r Kadi indifferent to more townsfolk dying

Okay I just want to get this out of the way: I don't think calling people out for being inactive at any point during the game is really fair because they might just be busy
Also re: this and jumping onto what Kris said - It's not really fair to the active people who are playing to be lynched first when theres little evidence to go off. If people don't have the time, it's more fair for them to be lynched, as sucky as it can be if people get busy. But its like any game, if someones too busy to be active/participate then people are going to prefer the ones that aren't.

I'm in the middle of video games but I'll be back soonish with some comments

yikes, there are 4 wolves? 😬

No real thoughts yet. I'll wait to see who else joins the conversation and who doesn't.

I don't know if we'll be able to gain anything from Kiersten's death yet. I feel like anyone who is a wolf this game wouldn't use the same tactic that the wolves did last game since it became such a huge point of conversation.
Thanks for the list Kris! Just looking back Harper Alston did post right at the start. Right now my vote is for Lilith Montgomery.

We do know that one of the people who hasn't posted may have been spellcast. I say may because it depends if the spellcaster has been on or not. Just looking at the list Dan is always super quiet during the game unless he has something noteworthy to say, doesn't mean he's not the wolf this game. But his not posting isn't hugely different from other games. I have no impressions about the other people who haven't posted.

With the speculation about our ghost, we also know they aren't the dire wolf or their partner, right? Because we'd have lost two people then, right?

okay so I have quotes Cyndi's two posts from yesterday. the first one didnt really say much to be honest other than reminding us how many wolves we have to defeat.
my thoughts on the direwolf would be on the first night the direwolf gets to pick who (s)he bonds with and who is part of the discussion as to who the wolves kill. it would be a stupid direwolf who picks the same person for both. just saying.

I think I agree with Jesse and Kris on the inactivity front. One day of inactivity is fair enough. real life does happen. I was at a wedding on Sunday so was fairly busy all day. but if someone is consistently inactive it is a good way to go under the radar.
as for voting for soho is concerned. I know that in a previous game she managed to go well under the radar. and people died after voting for her. but this leads me to think that this may be a bluff by someone else. so I am a little suspicious but I think I will wait a little longer and see if I can figure out who.

as for voting for soho is concerned. I know that in a previous game she managed to go well under the radar. and people died after voting for her.

I didn't have a villager game before (since it was my first game last time), so i guess it's pretty hard to judge whether i'm playing as a werewolf or as a villager based on my (in)activity/actions. Though I did think I was pretty active last time, might just be me though. I do have something to say, but I'm going to wait until later in the day to see how things turn out.

Also here :)

IC NAMEOOCVote Day 1Vote Day 2Vote Day 3
Elliot BriarKrisAmy Rosemary (1)
Poppy PerkinsKadiJames Cade (3)
Lysander SummersJesse
Cyndi KingsleyCyndiLilith Montgomery (1)XX
Adorah Zumwalt (G)KierstenXXX
Lily HarbourLauren
Harper AlstonAnaAmy Rosemary (2)
Amber Chou WilsonDaphneJames Cade (1)
Bobbi BacuzziVerityPoppy Perkins
Selene Le FeyMiaLily Harbour (1)
Lillith MontgomerySoho
Amy JewelAnabelleAmy Rosemary (3)
Samuel PhillipsAnna
Ruben RightRubenJames Cade (2)
Amy RosemaryClaraLilith Montgomery (1)
Zennon BarosTeigs
Ronald LazaraoRonaldLily Harbour (2)
Skylar AndersonSamantha
James CadeDanXX

pls say something if i got the info wrong
Edit: i noticed i put the vote (for me) on the wrong person, so i corrected it.

Last edited:
I'm not fully ready to throw Soho under the bus just yet, though I am slightly more inclined to consider folks who haven't voted as we get further into things.

Oh no the Bodyguard! :o Also before I forget, my reason for not voting yesterday was because of my timezone, I had to sleep and then had school straight away in the morning... so I guess that means I'll usually vote around 10-12 hours before the IC day ends? Not that convenient sorry but it's the best I can do ^_^

Anyway, my new thoughts: I honestly have no idea :p Just kidding haha I mean like I have no idea as to who's suspicious or not, but I was thinking maybe we could see what @Adorah Zumwalt could reveal? Because doesn't the ghost get a random piece of information each day? Aside from that could we somehow involve the seer/fool too?

Sadly I think Rowan said he also randomizes whether the ghost even gets info, so there's a chance Kiersten didn't even get anything.

But I'm still interested to see what she posts since maybe she got lucky and got something useful like a person's role

but I was thinking maybe we could see what @Adorah Zumwalt could reveal?

I agree with this but I do think there should be some kind of system for this. It's only one letter, so it would be hard to do. If she didn't get info maybe she could input an "X"? I'm not sure about the other stuff though.

edit: "X" because no one's name starts with an X

1) Why did the wolves pick Cyndi? Was it just random chance? Did it have anything to do with her voting for Lillith/Soho? (Seems like a pretty bold move if so, but you never know)
2) Interesting that Dan got lynched, huh.
Honestly I'm not suspicious of Soho based solely on Cyndi's vote. A retaliation kill isn't really a good play, and with only one vote to Soho compared to say, Dan's or Clara's votes, I feel like it would have been a smarter choice for wolves to just ignore it and let it fly under the radar, since there's no real "threat". That said, everyone plays differently, so some people might be more inclined to make retaliatory votes. Though there are still (likely) four wolves, and I don't know if a group would agree to retaliate?

I am curious as to why you think it's interesting that Dan got lynched.

So I wasn't particularly motivated to throw out a vote last round. Keeping votes tied on day one is a good idea, and votes were almost always tied whenever I was on, so I kept mine and ended up going to sleep because, you know, timezones :p
Is the thought process here that not voting = wolves flying under the radar?

I have a feeling that the werewolves will aim for the ones who're very active though.
edit: the last bit is what i notice from playing werewolf last year
Every game changes though, depending on who the wolves are. A lot of people have different playstyles, and the game constantly evolves as people play it and learn from each other. Active player also =/= experienced player, so not every voice is a threat to the village. Some hinder the village, as we've kind of seen before.
Not that you might be wrong, its just that we have to keep an open mind and look for patterns

This could make sense. I didn't think about it because it was just true - Dan usually isn't very vocal in the game, but the wolves thinking that Cyndi was just defending someone because she might have been the seer could have been motivation to kill her, rather than because she voted for someone specifically

Not to defend Soho in case it was a retaliatory attack, it just doesn't seem like a likely wolf play to me (even though you said you were eaten after voting a wolf, but was that during day one, or later down the line?)

This could make sense. I didn't think about it because it was just true - Dan usually isn't very vocal in the game, but the wolves thinking that Cyndi was just defending someone because she might have been the seer could have been motivation to kill her, rather than because she voted for someone specifically

Not to defend Soho in case it was a retaliatory attack, it just doesn't seem like a likely wolf play to me (even though you said you were eaten after voting a wolf, but was that during day one, or later down the line?)

The bolded part is what I was trying to get at. I threw it out as an additional reason why Cyndi might have been targeted (wolves suspected a seer, not wolves trying to retaliate).

That's actually why I'm now even more suspicious of Clara since the way she worded her reason for targeting Soho doesn't make sense? Cyndi being right about Dan being innocent doesn't necessarily mean she was right about Soho being a wolf. So basing a vote off of Dan being innocent seems strange to me (though I also understand that Clara had to vote quickly).

And no, I was eaten a couple of rounds in. Are retaliatory attacks more common later in the game?

I don't think retaliatory attacks are more common early per se (or at all), just that as the numbers dwindle theres a smaller pool to choose from, so the chances of a wolf eating someone who voted for them the previous day go up

I am curious as to why you think it's interesting that Dan got lynched.
I always hesitate how much information to throw around because I fear painting targets on people's backs, but it's always in the villages' interest to share as much info as possible as well 🤔
I'm just saying, only 3 people voted for Dan, but he was lynched.. so maybe that indicated in that voting group is someone we can trust.

Also my thinking mostly with targeting folks who don't vote is in the same vein to voting for people who aren't active; the more information we can glean by forcing votes, the hopefully easier it'll be to draw conclusions from peoples' reasoning and patterns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back