Open Y44 End of Year Feast

Gregory nodded in response. "Fine," he replied a little shortly, but it must be nice for Ezra to have his sister coming to the school. Though with homework, it wasn't like Gregory did most of his. He tried, but it was always hard to do. "Do you think she'll be a hufflepuff like you?" Gregory asked before shaking his head. "It's just a lot of noise," he lied to Ezra. Not really wanting to tell the truth, and really regretting saying anything.
@Ezra Ito

Marley nodded excitedly as her friend had explained a little bit of her plans for the break. "That's nice! Always nice to hang out with your parents. Are you going to hang with your friends back home too?" Marley had asked. It probably was a personal question. Marley didn't have many friends outside of Hogwarts, so she was glad to have made some friends at school. "Oh, I'll be doing the same! Spending time with my dad. Catch him up to speed with what I did at school. Maybe spend time with some friends" Marley said with a small chuckle. She couldn't wait to see her dad. She had missed him a whole heap! Writing letters wasn't the same.

@Callie Cardoso

Abby smiled happily at her best friend. She knew Rosie loved her garden very much. "That's good! I'm sure your brother would be excited to see you and Aurora" Abby says cheerfully. Abby knew she had missed her family back home and couldn't wait to see them. Abby smiled. "I'm not too sure actually. My parents said they were thinking about taking a road trip somewhere, but they hadn't decided where the last time I checked" Abby explained to her friend with a shrug. Her family always went on a road trip somewhere during each break, and Abby was always excited for them.

@Rosie Archer

Nolan laughed lightly along with Eugene. Nolan still couldn't believe they had made it. They weren't little kids anymore like when they were when they started Hogwarts. Nolan shrugged a little at his friend's question. "I dunno aye. I'll probably do something music-related. But most likely find a job or something. I'll be staying at my dad's, so he'll help me out with plans and stuff I guess" Nolan says with a chuckle. Music was what he was passionate about, and he guessed that was what he wanted to continue doing. Whether it was through their band, schooling or anything else of the kind. He wasn't even sure himself what was going to happen to the band, but he guessed that was a question for another time. "What about you? What are your plans?" Nolan asked with interest, keen to hear what his friend was going to be up to.

@Eugene Nestor

Lennox knew she had done amazing this year. How could she not? It wasn't like Hogwarts was hard or anything? She knew she was miles above any of her classmates. The Slytherin girl entered the Great Hall, pleased with herself but knowing that Slytherin had come out on top. It was a little win, but Lennox would take it. She took a seat at the Slytherin table and turned her attention to the rather boring Headmaster as he began to speak.

The headmaster announced that Slytherin had won. Lennox clapped politely. She knew that they would. She was rather pleased to hear her name as the top point earner. She wasn't surprised in the slightest. But she did like the recognition. They would be hearing a lot of her name in the next coming years. Lennox would be remembered. She barely listened to the lower point earners as the headmaster continued. He soon ended his long winded talk. He could have stopped after Lennox's name. Lennox began to fill her plate with food as it appeared in front of her. One last horrible Hogwarts meal before her chefs could make her something edible at home.

It didn't seemed like the girls could rest the most important topic of people's conversation; June herself. And it was getting even more hilarious. But Vanity really had to look out with her words. Because June would not forget and go easy on her. As she watched the younger girl closely. June smirked for an moment. Vanity didn't understand any clue of it, so it was pointless to talk to an person without any brains to use. If she only cared about childish stuff, and how her hair looked that was so dumb. June didn't even cared about the girl or her opinion. She should care about this all, but it was not suprisingly that she didn't. Half of this schools were losers. She was sure everyone was just jealous of her. That was always the case. Everyone wanted to be her and achieve what she achieved. How hard they screamed they didn't care, that was just a lie.

'' I know it's hard to understand, when you don't have anything inside your head actually working. '' June stated while keeping her face neutral aiming and speaking more on an lower level. And aiming at the working brains obviously. She smirked towards Tempest for an second. '' I guess the sorting hat made an mistake, placing you in Slytherin. It seems like Hufflepuff is more suitable. Ignorant and dumb. '' June spoke and pointed her eyes at Vanity again, while speaking the last two words. The blonde already disliked the girl the first time they met, but this made it more clear. She was nog gonna let the girl insult her like this or mock with it, nobody would. So she earned it. '' I'm on top in my year for sure.'' June said confidently with an big smile. All the professor would tell for sure too. '' So let me explain it to you. Technically I couldn't be named this year. Because if you would pay attention, which you obviously don't do. You would know that from third year and on you can choose more classes to follow. And that means more points to earn.'' June than explained in a way like she always did in classes as she had to give an right answer. She was not gonna let the girl insult her like that, nobody could. So this was the last thing she would say. And she sat back again and took an sip of her orange juice while feeling good about herself. And put her focus on Tempest. '' Nice.'' The blonde reacted. It was again nothing to work with. But she at least knew her brother and who he was now.

@Vanity Mettlestone @Tempest Vero

Callie nodded in agreement, she liked hanging out with her parents. "Oh, probably not," she said with a small shy shrug. She hadn't really had that many friends before school, because of her parents, but she had friends here, and they were inifinitely better. "Yeah, did you go to muggle school before this?" she asked, assuming that Marley did, given that she had other friends. Or perhaps the girl had been talking just about see friends from school outside of school.
@Marley Pattinson

Eugene nodded in agreement, it was wise to find work to support the life dream. He knew for some, like Charlie, it was easier to just go to a school to do it. "About the same really. Work at the inner eye and start recording demo's to send around," he said. "Might go visit my cousin at her new place," he added. Though he wasn't sure if he'd have too much time to do that, given that he needed to work.
@Nolan Burke

Rosie giggled softly. "I think he'll be excited for all of five minutes, before he remembers what having two sisters is like," Rosie replied with a light tone. Rosie was sure no matter what Abby did, it was probably going to be fun. "Well, you best write to me on your trip, or tell me about it at the start of year feast?" Rosie wanted to hear all about her friend's adventures.
@Abigail Payne

Penelope felt relieved when Marnie went along with her line of thought, immediately reassuring. She nodded hesitantly as Marnie brought up all the reasons it had to be a date, feeling comforted. "I mean, maybe." She said, but she did have to take Marnie's word for it. She was the expert here. Penelope noticed how Marnie barely looked over at Emrys and wondered how things were going there. She didn't ask though, and Marnie kept on talking. Penelope laughed nervously. "I don't think that many sleepovers are necessary. But I'd certainly like one." She said though she hoped she could sleep over at Marnie's instead of at home. "But I can also visit you at work." She told her with a nod. Then she lowered her voice. "Is he looking this way?"

@Marnie Frogg

Last edited:
Vanity knew she had said something kind of rude when she pointed out that June hadn't won top points, but she didn't think it was that bad. Tempest did some defending, but it wasn't enough. June apparently couldn't stand any criticism, as she started saying things to Vanity that were just awful. Vanity stared at the older girl as she just casually started calling Vanity stupid and ignorant right to her face. Like they were just having a normal conversation and Vanity was just going to sit here and take it. She was not going to stand for this. If June thought she would just take this because she was older, she didn't know Vanity yet. Vanity laughed. "Top in our year of being a nerd maybe. A sensitive one too. Can't handle a little joke?" She huffed. "Obviously I know you have fewer classes, but you can also earn points by doing nice things for people or helping others. Though clearly, you think the world revolves around you and that wouldn't even enter your head." In a flash of inspiration, Vanity recalled what Milo had called her during their fight at the prank store. Vanity got to her feet, grabbing her plate and cutlery and making sure to knock over June's glass of orange juice as she did. "I think you're in the wrong house too, June. Too bad they haven't made one yet for stuck-up b*tches. Maybe next year." Maybe Milo was onto something, that was satisfying to say. "Sorry." She told Tempest, who had seemed okay. Then she stepped over the bench and walked away with her plate, finding a new spot far away from June and Tempest. She didn't look back at them. She was sure she had ruined any chance of friendship with Tempest now, but she wasn't sure she even wanted to befriend someone with such bad taste in friends.

@June Davenport @Tempest Vero

Marley nodded. "Oh, I see. I mean, if you'd like, maybe we can hang out during the break if you'd like? But only if you'd like to!" Marley suggested but spoke quickly near the end just in case her friend had decided not to. Marley couldn't imagine spending break with just her dad. That would be a bit boring, she'd definitely wanted to spend it with her friends as well even though she had missed her dad a lot. Marley shook her head a little at Callie's question. "Oh no, I didn't really have many friends at my old school" Marley said with a shrug. That didn't really matter now. She had made some good friends during her first year at Hogwarts, and she had hoped that she could make many more. "How about you?"

@Callie Cardoso

Abby laughs a little at Rosie's comment while also nodding her head in agreement. It is how it usually goes when it comes to siblings. She knew it would most likely be the same with her own siblings. Abby nodded quickly. "I'll definitely write to you about it! And you with any sort of updates about your garden. I love hearing about your garden" Abby says with a smile. She admired her friend for being passionate about her garden.

@Rosie Archer

Nolan nodded. "That sounds epic. I'd love to listen to your demos. I'm sure they'll be good" Nolan says with encouragement. They were quite passionate about the music they made, so Nolan was happy for his friend. "We'll keep in touch aye?" Nolan asked his friend with a pat on the shoulder. He had hoped that he would stay in touch with the friends he made at school.

@Eugene Nestor

Callie smiled at her, and nodded. "I'd need to ask my parents, but that would be really fun!" she said, knowing it would be good to keep in touch with the magical world. "Oh same, I was mostly too busy to keep friends," she explained, not actually wanted to admit what the reason actually was for her.
@Marley Pattinson

Isadora smiled as Aurora confirmed her suspicions. She was happy for her friend. "Oh, cool!" She said. "He seems nice." She didn't know Soren that well, but she knew he was on the Quidditch team with Aurora. As Aurora suggested getting a job, Isadora considered it for a moment. "That's not a bad idea." She said with a smile. It would be good to save some money too, especially if she wanted to leave her parent's house after graduation. "I'll have a look at what stores are hiring."

@Aurora Archer

"Five years? That's a long time." That was a long time, almost as long as some people had been at Hogwarts. It was really about time that someone came along and knocked Slytherin off the top spot. He moved, shifting so he could rest his chin on his hand as he looked between the two older students. "Well, you never know. Things change with Quidditch all the time, so maybe it could change with the house points as well." Conan knew that he probably wasn't going to be changing the house points anytime soon. He was hardly the most intelligent person around.
@Anisha Khatri @Raafe Khatri

June felt sometimes so relieved to actually say what she thought. But in some ways it was not always the smartest thing to do. But here she could. It would perhaps be something smart to make someone mad, who would easily get mad she know believed. When someone would do something against her, which was more out in the open than they could get punished and she could just walk away with an grin. June had to smirk about what came back from Vanity. It was so obvious the girl was jealous of her. If she felt that way, why wanted to speak so badly to her than? Now Vanity was trying to make it sound like a joke what she had said. How foolish. June was not stupid. And joke or not, no one would mock her and get away with it easily. June kept quiet, because she didn't felt the need to waste anymore energy to the girl. She had said what she wanted to say. It only made her smirk more, how the girl reacted. She could say that the girl was right that the world revolved around her. Because it did. And the way she spoke about doing nice stuff for others really made her wonder if Hufflepuff wasn't the better house for the girl. She was no worthy Slytherin for sure.

As Vanity stood up and took her plate and all. June was pleased. Go run away and cry somewhere else she thought. June went over in thinking the stuff inside her head again. Since she was more wise than screaming all she thought. As her orange juice got knocked over June quickly put it right up again. Some tiny drops of orange on her blouse. Which she wasn't amused about. It was thankfully not too close and too bad. She had good reflexes. But there was some orange juice coming her way. So she quickly took out her wand and casted the scouring charm to clean the table. The blonde raised her eyebrow and gave Vanity an icecold look followed with an smirk. The fact that she insulted her was not even an suprise or something which hurt her, which it didn't. It was all jealousy. But June would remember this and part of her wanted to make her eat slugs or levitate the cup with orange juice over her face. But that would not be wise. So she just pretended it in her mind. June was smarter than that. She rolled her eyes and grinned towards Tempest. And made an gesture next to her head that Vanity was crazy. '' Sensitive much.'' She said an smirked and put her wand away. The professor could all see her mastering the spell well.

@Vanity Mettlestone @Tempest Vero

Anisha loved that Raafe knew what she was thinking and also encouraged it, but she shook her head. "Not worth it." Not if she wanted a prefects badge in a few years. Anisha wasn't even sure if that was what she wanted, but she wanted to keep her options open. "If I set it on fire and the whole room goes up I could be expelled, and you wouldn't survive four more years on your own." She teased.

She turned to the younger boy who had spoken and nodded. "I think we can change things around, but we might need a different strategy. I don't know how Slytherin is getting all those points, but probably mostly through classes. That's probably why Ravenclaw is second." She glanced up and down the Gryffindor table. "I feel like we have different strengths. Quidditch would help... duelling too. Maybe we can do a bunch of good deeds when professors are around." She shrugged. "Though that's a bit hard to plan... could bribe firsties to trip so you can help them up whenever a professor passes or something."

@Conan Elliott @Raafe Khatri

"Yeah, totally, sounds good!" Marley says happily. Marley would be happy to spend some more time with her friends during the break, and that included Callie. So she was hoping Callie's parents would say yes. Marley nodded her head when Callie had mentioned about friends. She could understand being too busy having friends.

@Callie Cardoso

After seven long years, Celia had finally made it to her very last night at Hogwarts. It was surreal to think that in less than 24 hours, she would be free, actually free, and she felt a light, bubbling giddiness at the thought. Her classmates were probably feeling a lot more wistful, but as Celia glanced around the hall, all she could think about was how glad she would be to never see this place again. She listened impatiently as Professor Alcott-Ward began his speech. She didn't care about the house cup, and it was nice to no longer have to pretend she did. Celia was admittedly a little surprised that Lennox had beaten her to top points, but she wasn't upset. The award had always been a means to an end for her, and she had no use for it now. She was just glad neither Ivelisse nor Kita had gotten it.

Professor Alcott-Ward concluded his speech by wishing them a wonderful "break," causing Celia to smirk. The food appeared, which Celia largely ignored. She had never understood how British food could constitute a "feast," and she was more than happy this would be her last one ever. Instead, Celia glanced around to see if she could spot Seamus since he was really the only one at her table she wanted to talk to. She eventually found him — talking to Gwen. Celia frowned. If Gwen was involved, it could be nothing good. It crossed her mind that there was a non-zero possibility that Gwen might try and date him next year. The thought made Celia's stomach twist even though she knew she had no right to feel that way. She glanced back down at the food, reminding herself that she could always talk to Seamus later tonight or even tomorrow at the station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back