Werewolf: HNZ Birthday edition 🐺

My vote on who to lynch goes to Zennon Baros, (since it's my first time playing and I trust the others more than I trust myself to make a good decision at this point haha) and by the time I can come back to HNZ the night phase will have started... :)

I also have one question (you don't have to answer if it's not allowed or something) but what was this Jesse person so good at that everyone would want to get them out of the game on the first day?? I'm just curious to see what made them such a good player. :)
Apparently he was good whether he was a wolf or a villager at picking off the other side lol

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like a wolf could easily vote for Zennon Baros at this point to blend in? If what Rowan is saying is true (an experienced player would go for Jesse and it's common to post once on the first day), then I feel like the six italicized people on Rowan's second list are more suspicious. Or maybe I'm overthinking it?
This is entirely true and a couple of good points. For day 1 since there's so little information I'm prioritising people who haven't participated yet, for day 2 my strategy will be to focus on people who only made token posts day 1 to avoid being lynched, and those who voted late once there was a clear target. If Teigan does turn out to be a wolf, at this stage there are so many votes for her that it would be easy for wolves to join in in an attempt to blend.

I also have one question (you don't have to answer if it's not allowed or something) but what was this Jesse person so good at that everyone would want to get them out of the game on the first day?? I'm just curious to see what made them such a good player. :)
Jesse is just REALLY GOOD AT WEREWOLF xD This game is a short read and a pretty good example which i am still salty about I CANT BELIEVE HOW WRONG I WAS

If the wolves turn out to be 3 new players they're gonna be laughing right now =))

I would usually use a similar tactic Rowan, but doesn't explaining your tactic in advance allow the wolves to just do the opposite of whatever you say you're going to be suspicious of?

This is why I'm no longer more suspicious of quiet people than active ones. By this point, unless they've not been reading the game (unlikely when they have such a big role) all the wolves know that quiet people are going to be targeted next, and I see nobody disputing the idea, which makes me think at least ooonee wolf is jumping on the 'let's vote off the quiet people' bandwagon because they know their buddies are not currently under suspicion

I'm not gonna vote for Teigs which will make me look awful suspicious if she's a wolf :lol: but I'm just not totally on board with the idea yet hmm

Not that it makes much difference now, it's all random day one, someone's gotta die :(

I would usually use a similar tactic Rowan, but doesn't explaining your tactic in advance allow the wolves to just do the opposite of whatever you say you're going to be suspicious of?
But then I look at the people who did the opposite of what I said I was suspicious of >:3 which they might predict so then I also look at.... the people who DID what I said I was suspicious of >:3 how recursive can we get this psychology cmon lets go Werewolf Season is time for Rowan's 1000 Word Essays That Go In Endless Useless Circles Forever >:3333333

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For now I'm just going to be different and vote to lynch Sara Moon based on the fact her only post so far was to jump on the idea of voting off experienced and quiet people, and she made the comment that she thinks wolves stay quiet most of the time. Could be a diversion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I said pretty early on yesterday that I'd vote someone who wasn't active in the discussion...and now the discussion seems to have come alive. xD So reading through, I do want to point out that anyone can read through old games and see that Jesse is either helpful or dies early on. I do think the majority of wolves are experienced players but just because the majority on the sign up list are! So I don't want to discount that at least one wolf may be a new player being helped along by vet players.

Still going for an inactive person so I vote to lynch Evangelia Seong. I'm going to double-check you didn't get a post in somewhere but won't change my vote otherwise. I'm sure I butchered the spelling there. xD

At this point, I'd feel a bit hypocritical if I voted for Zennon lol.

The experienced players thing seems to be the most solid lead at this point. And the whole token post idea adds a bit of strategy which is more interesting than voting for someone who's been completely quiet (which seemed to be more about keeping the game active and fun instead of actually eliminating a wolf).

So using an RNG between Jace, James, Stanislaw, and Stefan (eliminated Selene and Daisy since they posted recently), I'm going to vote for Jace Blade.

Aaah yeah thanks for letting me know (also I recognise you from way back now! I remember Alyss!) I left a couple of people off the returning players list (Marga too) cause I was focusing on people who've played a lot in the last couple of years, and know the current werewolf regulars well. I'm less suspicious of you or Marga 'cause I'm not sure how familiar you would be with Jesse's reputation for absolutely slaughtering the competition in every Werewolf game :p

(Jesse ur ego is welcome for all these posts my entire day 1 strategy is being ur posthumous hype man)
I was reading and was gonna say you forgot about me.. =)) I used Ai Edogawa, Arianna Nightray and Jai Edogawa-Raven.

Anyways, reading back, I was gonna say that reading back, I pretty much agree that a completely random lynch is not very helpful so choosing one of the inactive players would make more sense. And while I am a bit wary of experienced players right now because of Jesse being lynched off, there could easily be more new players active as well being helped by one experienced player. In the case of Ate (Teigs), well, I don't think she had been active today (I await replies) so I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. As far as I've gotten (and thank you Rowan and Daphne and Mia for your wonderful lists), it's Zennon, Poppy and Evangelia that hasn't replied. So since I'm not intending to vote for Zennon tonight and Evangelia already has one vote courtesy of Cyndi, I'm gonna go ahead and use my vote to lynch Evangelia Seong. Imma keep an eye out on the thread though until bedtime.

Looking back at this.. I actually would feel super guilty if Teigs is lynched, and I voted for her. (Especially since she was the one that told me Werewolf was on and encouraged me to come back for the game. xD)

Therefore, I would like to change my vote to Evangelia Seong please. I'm going to give Teigs the benefit of the doubt. (For now.)

part of me wants to vote for Stanislaw just because he has a werewolf in his member title and that happened in episode 2. but the number of times i played with briar just for the chance of reliving that. it hasn't occurred (note briar became a werewolf long after episode two finished)

to be honest my gut tells me to vote for Stefan Archer. Emzies hasn't posted much and only posted once after someone commented that the less active players should be suspects. and while there is not much logic behind it in games of werewolf I have learned to trust my gut.

EDIT: I just noticed I was logged on as the wrong person. for clarities sake and for for new players I was meant to be logged in as @Selene Le Fey

Last edited:
Zennon Baros 8
Evie Seong 3
Sara Moon 1
Jace Blade 1
Stefan Archer 1

5 hours remain

voting for someone who's been completely quiet (which seemed to be more about keeping the game active and fun instead of actually eliminating a wolf).
For me, not really. Inactive people don't contribute to the discussion so don't help us find the wolves (or to be fair, further confuse the discussion :p). They also still hold roles, some of which could be important, the doctor, the seer, and by not using them definitely aren't helping us but help the wolves should they eventually figure out someone isn't using their role. They could also be the wolf because they don't have to make a single post the entire game! So I'm always for day 1 and sometimes 2 strategy being getting rid of people not helping us figure out who the wolves are which you can't do if you're inactive or silent. So it does make the game fun when everyone is active, but in my mind, it's more to it than that. I want the village to win. xD

I will say I find it interesting that this game people seem more amenable to going after an inactive person. That hasn't always been the case. So that's something to note once we see what happens with this day.

If the wolves turn out to be 3 new players they're gonna be laughing right now =))

If that is the case they almost deserve to win :mia: :linda:

I have a question if the apprentice is killed are they shown as a) the apprentice. :cool: a villager (if they haven't taken on a role) or C) the role they have adopted.
would someone be able to shed some light on this question.

don't worry Cyndi. i have my eye on the more active players too. but for now, I am trusting that their activeness is from a genuine want to find the wolves and not as a way to set the course of the game and get others to follow their thought processes.

Inactivity seems a harsh reason to lynch as people might just not know what to say.

Apprentice - At the beginning of the game, you will choose one person to be your role model. If this person dies, you will take on their role. It will not be announced that the Apprentice has picked up their new job.

Upon death, they will either show up as the apprentice, or the role they have taken.

Apprentice - At the beginning of the game, you will choose one person to be your role model. If this person dies, you will take on their role. It will not be announced that the Apprentice has picked up their new job.
that doesnt quite answer the question.
so when they die no matter what job they are doing they will be announced as the apprentice is dead even if they become a new doctor (or a new werewolf)
say Fred if the apprentice decides to study under George, who is the werewolf. if George is lynched. Fred becomes a werewolf. (no one gets told that Fred has a new job, or there is another werewolf, except maybe, in this case, the other werewolves) but if a couple of days later Fred is lynched will it be announced as Fred the werewolf has died, or Fred the apprentice has died.

Edit: it seemed there was further clarification in the origional post after i started writing mine.

Again, italicised are players who would have known that there's a substantial tactical advantage to targeting Jesse first.

Jace Blade
Penny Wills
Selene Le Fey
Zara Woodlock
Daisy Parker
James Cade
Stanislaw Kurek
Stefan Archer

Skylar Anderson
Saira Lykims

I don't see why I am on this list since this is my first game since 2017? I haven't really been following any of the previous games of werewolf so I'd say that I hardly know who to lynch or not on the first night.

As for voting someone who is inactive, yes it could just be a ploy, but I generally don't like to vote on someone who is inactive on the first day. (It should be noted that I have played this game before on other sites) That's why my vote goes to someone who has been especially active so far, Luxen Silverback II.

EDIT: For the sake of inactive/active, I'll try to be more active from now on but schoolwork does come first atm.

Inactivity seems a harsh reason to lynch as people might just not know what to say.

This is a very true statement, I wanted to say more but tbh I have nothing in mind atm, it's too early in the game.

Hmm I'm wondering if Zennon isn't a wolf because wouldn't the other wolves come to their defence? Then saying that, 3 people did come forward to vote for Evie Seong instead but I don't know if there is anything to read into that. It's so complicated!

On another note, people have mentioned previous werewolf games, out of interest how many times has this been played?!

Definitely more than 5! I don't know the exact count though, probably somewhere close to a dozen?

Hmm I'm wondering if Zennon isn't a wolf because wouldn't the other wolves come to their defence? Then saying that, 3 people did come forward to vote for Evie Seong instead but I don't know if there is anything to read into that. It's so complicated!

On another note, people have mentioned previous werewolf games, out of interest how many times has this been played?!

I'm using Zennon as a base, if he's a wolf then those that went to his defense will be more suspect. If not then I can always look at those that didn't reply or pushed for his vote. Yes I know I'm one of them but it's something to go on for day two. Either way someone got to go and he was in my top three of potentials soo...

apparently 17. but I think there was also a were-clown and were-raindeer at some point too. :mia:

Edit: fixing the link apparnenly having ] in url's messes up the link

I have a question, how many wolves are there? Is it 3?
(This is based on what ppl hv said so far)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back