Werewolf: HNZ Birthday edition 🐺

Daph is correct, for the sake of new players I'm an experienced player as well, and while I'm not on my own suspect list for obvious reasons, that shouldn't exclude me from yours.

I haven't seen a list of inactive players yet, but I was planning to make one when I make my vote before going to bed in a couple of hours. As I said I'll be focusing on experienced players when it comes to voting, but if it'd be helpful I'd be happy to make a list of everyone who hasn't participated in the game yet when I do that.

I did a quick scroll and I think these are the people that are inactive as of now:

Zennon Baros

Evangelia Seong

Poppy Perkins

Stefan Archer

Kard Thomas

Harper Alston

Sarah Keith

I could have missed someone of course.

Because of the theory of it being someone inactive and someone experienced, I'll vote for Zennon Baros. I'm voting now because I have to work soon and am not sure if I'll be able to vote again later.

I think it’s a good shout, looking at experienced and inactive players. I do think wolves stay quiet initially most of the time. Got my brother to pick a number; five. Which would be Kard Thomas but I’m not going to vote yet because I don’t want to split a vote, seeing as its useful down the line when we start analysing who voted for who, I think putting it to a random death wouldn’t be beneficial

Damn I was asleep and many posts to read xD

I agree with the random vote being non-beneficial, and that the wolf who killed off Jesse is probably someone who has played before, it wouldn't make much sense for a new player who hasn't played before to pick him without reason - unless that too was done at random. I'm not going to vote yet as I don't really see much point in voting for a random player, it's a 50/50 chance you'd be voting for a fellow villager. Although there would also be a chance that the person who's voted for is a wolf. But guess we'll see, it's difficult for me to say/vote for someone currently :erm:

Lol didn't even think about new vs old players, we could probably narrow down the inactives a bit more by seeing who has had a chance to post but hasn't yet vs those that haven't been on the site roaming around...might make that list a bit shorter for the initial vote.

My initial thought was to narrow it down by people who had a chance to post but didn't then I noticed one of them had an odd time...
Kard Thomas was last seen 4 am yesterday according to activity, seems like a perfect time to send a vote to kill Jesse and he hasn't been seen since...This is assuming you have to vote using characters you signed up with of course...

The problem with times though is that most of us are in very different time zones so you’d have to check with the specific person’s timezone. It’s sometimes difficult to tell if they’re asleep or just had a late night or didn’t get enough time to post or something.
Edit then again he hasn’t been seen since... :p

The problem with times though is that most of us are in very different time zones so you’d have to check with the specific person’s timezone. It’s sometimes difficult to tell if they’re asleep or just had a late night or didn’t get enough time to post or something.
Edit then again he hasn’t been seen since... :p
I did take that into account, he normally doesn't posts at 4 am it's always much earlier by a few hours yet yesterday was different, I was going to look closer at a few others but based off activity I think my vote will end up being Kard Thomas, won't make it official yet...He also posts almost daily between 11-5 am but rarely between 3-5 am I think it was last Monday a post at 5 am showed...

I did have three other characters that were suspicious based off times an how active they typically are

Harper Alston
Stefan Archer
Zennon Baros

In order on who I believe is most suspicious to least of the three, however all three in my opinion are highly suspicious to begin with hence why there names are on my list though the most by far that I have looked into is still Kard Thomas.

Last edited:
So, full disclosure, while I've played this a few times I am not particularly good at it, so I'm always super tentative on day one, because there are so many unknowns and other than just pinning it on someone, there's not much more I can add...which always seems to be the sort of thing that kills 9 times out of 10 someone who isn't a wolf and then there's a second death if the wolves attack at night.

So, i'm keen to just withhold my vote for now

Kard Thomas is one of the new players, which puts them very low on my suspect list. Jesse being the first target is a HUGE giveaway and I don't think it should be discounted. That was the action of a returning player, who knows the regular HNZ players well. It's also important to remember that wolf isn't the only night role, there are several others that require activity during the night phase. Kard could just as easily be a seer or a fool.

I'm sticking with my logic that there's at least one returning player in the wolf pool, likely several, and in the interests of focusing on both returning players and those who've been inactive thus far, I'll back Daphne and vote for Zennon Baros.

Here's my full list of people who haven't been active in the game yet, italicised names are returning players who would have known that it was sensible to target Jesse night one.

Zennon Baros
Evangelia Seong
Poppy Perkins
Kard Thomas
Harper Alston
Sarah Keith

As a note, it's also been a common tactic in the past to post once on the first day specifically to avoid being lynched for inactivity, so here's a followup list of everyone who's only posted once. Again, italicised are players who would have known that there's a substantial tactical advantage to targeting Jesse first.

Jace Blade
Penny Wills
Selene Le Fey
Zara Woodlock
Daisy Parker
James Cade
Stanislaw Kurek
Stefan Archer

Skylar Anderson
Saira Lykims

EDIT: lists edited cause emzies posted 2 seconds before me lmao whoopps

So, full disclosure, while I've played this a few times I am not particularly good at it, so I'm always super tentative on day one, because there are so many unknowns and other than just pinning it on someone, there's not much more I can add...which always seems to be the sort of thing that kills 9 times out of 10 someone who isn't a wolf and then there's a second death if the wolves attack at night.

So, i'm keen to just withhold my vote for now

You could just be trying to save your neck but you gave us info so I'm taking you off my list...for now...

hmmm.... well considering the information provided and the fact that he was on my list and actually does fit as more suspicious than the others I will also go ahead and vote Zennon Baros So that's 3 votes sorry not sorry...

Also, I know this might make me sus too - but I'm a returning player. (I've played under Mel Woods, Alyss Summers, etc. before).

However, I have not been on for a very long time. Due to not being sure whether I'll be back on before the round ends, I choose to vote for Zennon Baros based on what others have said.

I have only posted once because day time opened just as I went to bed last night. I was at work this morning. I posted when I got home and was eating lunch. And have since been trying to study. So hnz is blocked on my computer and my phone has been locked using Forest. I have been lurking in my breaks (as I am now) but didnt have muck more to add and do t really like posting on my phone if I can help it. When my computer unlocks in just over an hour and I have had dinner I will look again.

Also, I know this might make me sus too - but I'm a returning player. (I've played under Mel Woods, Alyss Summers, etc. before).

However, I have not been on for a very long time. Due to not being sure whether I'll be back on before the round ends, I choose to vote for Zennon Baros based on what others have said.
Aaah yeah thanks for letting me know (also I recognise you from way back now! I remember Alyss!) I left a couple of people off the returning players list (Marga too) cause I was focusing on people who've played a lot in the last couple of years, and know the current werewolf regulars well. I'm less suspicious of you or Marga 'cause I'm not sure how familiar you would be with Jesse's reputation for absolutely slaughtering the competition in every Werewolf game :p

(Jesse ur ego is welcome for all these posts my entire day 1 strategy is being ur posthumous hype man)

Okay so this is my first time playing and I don't really know what to say so that's my reason for not contributing much yet haha. I'm getting this game now and from reading all the comments from people who know more than me, I choose to vote for Zennon Baros too.

I’m not really sure what to do 😅, so I guess I’ll summarize my day like how some others have done before me? I went to the hospital to get something checked and I checked this chat every now and then in between watching some shows. And at the moment I’m having an internet class. I’ll just follow the others and vote for Zennon Baros. I’ll check this chat again after this. :)

Aaah yeah thanks for letting me know (also I recognise you from way back now! I remember Alyss!) I left a couple of people off the returning players list (Marga too) cause I was focusing on people who've played a lot in the last couple of years, and know the current werewolf regulars well. I'm less suspicious of you or Marga 'cause I'm not sure how familiar you would be with Jesse's reputation for absolutely slaughtering the competition in every Werewolf game :p

(Jesse ur ego is welcome for all these posts my entire day 1 strategy is being ur posthumous hype man)
Am definitely familiar with it. :p

I'm going to vote for Zennon Baros too, since I'm going to bed soon and would like to get a vote in before then.

So not really knowing the fine print in the rules, I'm assuming wolves know who each other are but are not allowed to talk to each other or are they allowed too?

I.. think this is safe to answer =))

When I give out everyone's role, I will add all wolves into the same group PM thread, and they'll be free to discuss whenever and as much as they want, but only within this group PM.

No one else should be talking outside of this game thread. Also no one should be talking during the night phase (everyone is sleeping!) and once you're dead, you may no longer talk in the thread until the game is over :p

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like a wolf could easily vote for Zennon Baros at this point to blend in? If what Rowan is saying is true (an experienced player would go for Jesse and it's common to post once on the first day), then I feel like the six italicized people on Rowan's second list are more suspicious. Or maybe I'm overthinking it?

My vote on who to lynch goes to Zennon Baros, (since it's my first time playing and I trust the others more than I trust myself to make a good decision at this point haha) and by the time I can come back to HNZ the night phase will have started... :)

I also have one question (you don't have to answer if it's not allowed or something) but what was this Jesse person so good at that everyone would want to get them out of the game on the first day?? I'm just curious to see what made them such a good player. :)

I never know if a wolf is playing it cool and not talking, or talking too much and pointing fingers to get the blame off of them. I feel bad to lynch randomly but I guess there has been some thought into it, so I'll jump on the bandwagon and vote for Zennon Baros as well before I go to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back